PDA

View Full Version : WWE Programming

Wrestling Rant
09-16-2011, 07:40 AM
I have always found it strange that a lot of countries have more WWE programming than USA and Mexico (their biggest markets). For example the UK have 8 WWE programs as seen below.

WWE Raw
WWE NXT
WWE SmackDown
WWE Bottom Line
WWE After Burn
WWE Vintage Collection
WWE Superstars
The WWE Experience

Whereas the united states only airs Smackdown and Raw. Also Smackdown and Raw are continualy re-aired throughout the week unlike the states where just RAW AM is shown.

Thoughts?

--Wrestling Rant

Shelts9192
09-16-2011, 07:53 AM
I never knew that! I'm a fan in the UK too, and I also dont think a lot of American fans know that NXT and Superstars is still shown on our televisions. Doesnt bother me, I like them :)

the wrestling shade
09-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Well in the middle east we can watch Smackdown and WWE Experience new episodes that is ofcaurse on paid satelite while the people who has free Satelite can Watch WWE RAW and WWE afterburn but it would be 2 weeks late from the latest episode and most of us certainly dont pay for satelite therefor most of us eather watch WWE RAW on 2 weeks late or we watch the latest one on the internet

Shelts9192
09-16-2011, 08:21 AM
You see, that's why TNA get's higher ratings that WWE in the UK. TNA is on free television, whereas Raw and Smackdown are on paid-for TV packages.

the-rocks-stunner
09-16-2011, 08:44 AM
This week in WWE is also 1 aswell in the uk

mkjah22
09-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Yep. I got sky sports in the uk so i got the full list of wwe programming in the uk. I watch nearly every showing barring most of the re-runs although i sometimes put them on just cause i like having them on whilst i go about my daily stuff. My lady and my kids are probably gettin sick of how much i watch but they seem to all have their fav wrestlers.

I catch TNA too but the time its on actually makes me miss its original broadcast slot most times so i tivo it. I dont know if thatd change if i suddenly had to get rid of my cable.

Having said all of that, i do really miss Sunday Night Heat. I would swap the experience/afterburn/bottom line to have Heat back on. Ah the memories of my pre-cable days back at my parents, surviving solely on WCW/Heat (Jeff hardy nearly every week back then) and the odd free-to-air WWF PPV.

WWE really should provide at least one free hour long prog to all countries, it would give them so much more exposure and cost hardly anything if it was like superstars. Afterall if it wasnt for the freebies back in the day, i would have probably lost my connection and interest seeing as i had no internet, and im sure there were millions and millions more like me back then, and the same goes for now. I really hope they do this and get those extra kids interested, cuz i like many other would be lost without wrestling and specifically WWE. Its my only escape from reality.

Sully
09-16-2011, 08:57 AM
That might be the reason on why so many people from the United Kingdom are WWE fans. I know another forum that is nearly 60% users from the UK, pretty interesting that WWE has grown that far.

mkjah22
09-16-2011, 08:57 AM
This week in WWE is also 1 aswell in the uk

i forgot about that one, damn we are spoiled

Mtt08 xXx
09-16-2011, 09:16 AM
can some one tell me what after burn, wwe experience, and bottom line have on them?

Wrestling Rant
09-16-2011, 09:59 AM
can some one tell me what after burn, wwe experience, and bottom line have on them?

WWE After burn is highlights what has happened this week in Smackdown and Bottom line for Raw. WWE Experience highlights matches from both and they are all an hour long each.

--Wrestling Rant

Rich Cranium
09-16-2011, 10:15 AM
We get Raw again on Sunday in Spanish.

I wonder if the reason they play those other shows across the pond is because you guys get Raw/SD in the early morning hours.

daverende5
09-16-2011, 10:35 AM
In the Netherlands we only have class time, which involves half an hour highlights from raw, sd, enz (from 2 weeks ago). And vintage, an hour of vintage stuff...:(

Me want WWE on tv.
Too bad for them I now have to which it by internet...

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-16-2011, 11:22 AM
In New Jersey with my Comcast we have a channel called UHD (Universal High Definition) which replays Raw and Smackdown! every Saturday night. 8pm Raw, 10pm SD!, 12am Raw, 2am SD!... it's really weird but, I like it!

Reichwulf
09-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Oh wow. WWE Afterburn is still around? We used to get that years ago in the states, but i figured it was just canceled.

As far as i know all we get in the states is raw and smackdown :(

and all i get in my area is the one viewing for each. Raw @ 9pm monday and smackdown @ 8pm friday.

pauadrian
09-16-2011, 04:38 PM
mexico gets
WWE RAW
WWE SMACKDOWN
WWE NXT
WWE SUPERSTARS
THIS WEEK IN WWE
WWE EXPERIENCE
WWE BOTTOMLINE
WWE AFTERBURN
TNA IMPACT
ROH will be airing soon
or at least they promised us

VanHooliganX
09-16-2011, 04:40 PM
I have always found it strange that a lot of countries have more WWE programming than USA and Mexico (their biggest markets). For example the UK have 8 WWE programs as seen below.

WWE Raw
WWE NXT
WWE SmackDown
WWE Bottom Line
WWE After Burn
WWE Vintage Collection
WWE Superstars
The WWE Experience

Whereas the united states only airs Smackdown and Raw. Also Smackdown and Raw are continualy re-aired throughout the week unlike the states where just RAW AM is shown.

Thoughts?

--Wrestling Rant

I remember when we also got Velocity, SN Heat and the first seasons of Tough Enough as well. :)
Good times indeed.

xAzureSkye
09-16-2011, 05:03 PM
UK also get Xplosion and free TNA PPVs. We also get the WWE Vault during commercials, but I think USA get that too

Unfortunately we don't get RAW until 2 am and the same w/ PPVs. We also didnt get TE this year but we used to get it back in 2000 - 2005.

NXT doesn't air on Tuesdays here either.

pauadrian
09-16-2011, 05:17 PM
UK also get Xplosion and free TNA PPVs. We also get the WWE Vault during commercials, but I think USA get that too

Unfortunately we don't get RAW until 2 am and the same w/ PPVs. We also didnt get TE this year but we used to get it back in 2000 - 2005.

oh yea mexico get free tna ppvs
and the vault

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-16-2011, 11:03 PM

No VAULT for us. I usually only see "From The Vault" when watching my "International SmackDown!" on Friday mornings here.

HCollins-TNA1
09-17-2011, 12:52 AM

WWE Raw
WWE NXT
WWE SmackDown
WWE Bottom Line
WWE After Burn
WWE Vintage Collection
WWE Superstars
The WWE Experience

Thoughts?

--Wrestling Rant

Hummmm, yeah After Burn and Bottom Line use to come on here in the states..... use to be syndicated.... I'm surprise the WWE still produce them shows....

xAzureSkye
09-17-2011, 09:57 AM
We also would get a show just before a PPV, where they outline the matches and air a feud promo