PDA

View Full Version : Let the speculation continue

thejman93
09-15-2011, 05:06 PM
From the main newsboard:

The latest issue of Power Slam features an interview with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and the WWE Hall of Famer is asked if he envisages himself returning to the squared circle for one more match.

"Awww, man. Look, I'll tell you this much: If I was going to do anything in WWE, I'd do something with Punk," he responded.

"Like I said, I love what he's doing, and there's a lot of parallels. I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen, but if I could cherry-pick my opponent, and all the stars lined up, I'd love to work a program with him."

Austin wants it, Punk wants it, and The 'E would be absolutely stupid not to do it

My question to you guys is: will it happen?

Rich Cranium
09-15-2011, 05:09 PM
From the main newsboard:

Austin wants it, Punk wants it, and The 'E would be absolutely stupid not to do it

I can only speculate but is Austin's neck strong enough to put on a match?

thejman93
09-15-2011, 05:11 PM
I can only speculate but is Austin's neck strong enough to put on a match?

I'd imagine the neck wouldn't be as much of an issue if he were in there with a guy as talented as Punk who could "take care of Austin" so to speak.

Automatic
09-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Hmmm, not sure if it's going to happen though.

Reichwulf
09-15-2011, 05:13 PM
From the main newsboard:

I would love to see it, and it would be bigger than rock/cena imo. but i doubt it will happen.

Tommy Thunder
09-15-2011, 05:32 PM
I see it happening.
It's a Mania match for sure, or a math they could use to boost Summerslam buys/ratings. But I'd hazard a guess that it'll happen at Mania, and I'll say WM 29 at Toronto.

Subject Zero
09-15-2011, 05:34 PM
I would prefer HHH vs CM Punk at mania.

But ths too would be awesome

jhf1601
09-15-2011, 05:42 PM
I'd imagine the neck wouldn't be as much of an issue if he were in there with a guy as talented as Punk who could "take care of Austin" so to speak.

I wish it were that easy. The trick is getting the green light from WWE wellness. They might both really want do it, and the suits might be game, but if there is a potential for major injury my bet is that they wont let it happen due to insurance issues/general safety of Austin. I really, really hope it does happen though. My all time favorite vs my current favorite. :D

Wade Barrett 1979
09-15-2011, 05:43 PM
For me it would be the 'Main Event' at Wrestlemania but again, it's a big IF that he'll get cleared to compete!!

S.E. Zero
09-15-2011, 05:44 PM
It HAS to happen but only at WM any other PPPV wouldnt do justice to EPIC this match would be.

broc808
09-15-2011, 05:46 PM
well J I guess you beat me to it I just posted a thread just like this not knowing you posted this one lol great minds think alike I guess

LMPunker
09-15-2011, 05:56 PM
they have bret hart in carefully crafted matches and he a stroke think it could work if they avoid bodyslams and the like make more of a brawl rather then a match aload of suplexs just wwe would have to limit the moves punk could do to austin or vice versa cos he may not be as strong as he once was lets face it wont be a scientific pure wrestling classic but the atomasphere for the match alone will make up for that

VanHooliganX
09-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Probably not but we can all dream :)

Daffy Duck's Finest
09-15-2011, 06:04 PM
I see it happening.
It's a Mania match for sure, or a math they could use to boost Summerslam buys/ratings. But I'd hazard a guess that it'll happen at Mania, and I'll say WM 29 at Toronto.

I'd agree with that

thejman93
09-15-2011, 06:06 PM
well J I guess you beat me to it I just posted a thread just like this not knowing you posted this one lol great minds think alike I guess

Hahaha! Damn right dude.

broc808
09-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Hahaha! Damn right dude.

I knew I was going to make the thread earlier but after I posted it someone told me it was already made today lol

Torphy
09-15-2011, 06:15 PM
I can definitely see this match happening at WM 29, as opposed to WM 28. Regardless of which one i think most of us would agree it's a 'Mania match. Perhaps the best way to generate the most interest in the match would be an angle where Punk addresses the WWE Universe post WM 28 to state how underwhelmed he was by Cena vs The Rock at WM 28. Then going on to say how he knows the perfect match to top it, Punk vs Austin at WM 29, issuing a challenge to the rattlesnake which is rejected by Austin at first.

Have a few back and forth promo's (Punk interupting a beer bash, Austin offering Punk beers and Punk slapping them out of his hand), Austin special guest referees a Punk match maybe and ends up inadvertedly screwing him HHH style followed by Punk verbally berating Austin post match. Mix in a few physical confrontations and have Austin win the match thanks to interference from Cena (who lets hope is a heel by then!). Cena gets a stunner for interfering, and then a GTS from Punk (to keep Punk over despite the loss)

Speculation is amazing, because even though i just spewed what is more than likely pure garbage, it's just speculation. =D

alexrules01
09-15-2011, 06:31 PM
When austin calls for the beers, Punk should replace the beer with pepsi. That will make Austin go nuts on Punk

thejman93
09-15-2011, 06:44 PM
I can definitely see this match happening at WM 29, as opposed to WM 28. Regardless of which one i think most of us would agree it's a 'Mania match. Perhaps the best way to generate the most interest in the match would be an angle where Punk addresses the WWE Universe post WM 28 to state how underwhelmed he was by Cena vs The Rock at WM 28. Then going on to say how he knows the perfect match to top it, Punk vs Austin at WM 29, issuing a challenge to the rattlesnake which is rejected by Austin at first.

Have a few back and forth promo's (Punk interupting a beer bash, Austin offering Punk beers and Punk slapping them out of his hand), Austin special guest referees a Punk match maybe and ends up inadvertedly screwing him HHH style followed by Punk verbally berating Austin post match. Mix in a few physical confrontations and have Austin win the match thanks to interference from Cena (who lets hope is a heel by then!). Cena gets a stunner for interfering, and then a GTS from Punk (to keep Punk over despite the loss)

Speculation is amazing, because even though i just spewed what is more than likely pure garbage, it's just speculation. =D

Wow. You just wrote, like, a year long storyline in 2 paragraphs. Impressive.

Daffy Duck's Finest
09-15-2011, 07:27 PM

http://9.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kv4399hWWz1qzdr4go1_500.jpg

pgarcia79
09-15-2011, 10:21 PM
The OP is right. The WWE would be absolutely stupid not to put on this match. It has $$$$ written alll over it. And also, I also agree that any other ppv other than WM would NOT do this match justice. So 'mania' is definitely the place to have this, but not the question is which one. I hope its next year in Miami.