PDA

View Full Version : Why did they give Matt Morgan the win?

Robareid
09-15-2011, 12:56 PM
I have just watched no surrender, and thought it was an okay yet rather forgettable PPV.

However, the one result that made me scratch my head was Matt Morgan beating Samoa Joe. They were starting to give Joe a Mark Henry push, having him take out several wrestlers. I thought it would have made sense to give him the win over Morgan. Beforehand I assumed he would win then go on to take on Crimson at BfG. Now I am not so sure... Will he take on Morgan again in a gimmick match, get the win then take on Crimson the PPV after BfG? I don't see them having Joe vs. Undefeated Crimson before giving Joe some momentum. But then again Russo is in charge...

What are you guys' thoughts?

steveorton
09-15-2011, 01:05 PM
I am glad Morgan got the win the Dna of Tna was a better choice imo. He has the look, mic skills and in-ring ability to be slowly pushed to the world title. I have lost all faith in Joe (because every ppv he just loses and I don't care if its part of a storyline it's fucking ridiculous). Morgan is the better way to go and the better person to push.

Robareid
09-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Morgan too, I feel they are about the same, both good in the ring and on the mic. It's not Joes fault he keeps losing. Back to the original point, I felt it would have made more sense to give Joe the win. But hey, I'm trying to apply logic to wrestling

steveorton
09-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Morgan too, I feel they are about the same, both good in the ring and on the mic. It's not Joes fault he keeps losing. Back to the original point, I felt it would have made more sense to give Joe the win. But hey, I'm trying to apply logic to wrestling

No my friend you are trying to apply logic to Tna lol. Probably it would have made more sense to let Joe win, then as you said crimson vs joe at BFG but I would much rather Morgan vs Crimson. We might even get Morgan vs Crimson vs Joe who knows depending on the severity of Crimson's injury. I know it's not Joe's fault and I am a fan of his but he just keeps getting buried I didn't mind if he lost but it justs looks like he doesn't want to be there. If there's not a spot for him in the main event I feel he should go after the X_div title but with the weight limit now I don't think he can do that.

Y2Jryder
09-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Seems to me that Joe got Russo'd

Robareid
09-15-2011, 01:29 PM
I feel he should go back to ROH. They would use him very well as they are lacking main event talent ATM (Richards,Edwards,Strong,Generico is about all they have) and I feel it would rejuvenate Joe's career

The_Awesome_One
09-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Joe is like TNA's version of the big show in WWE, he looks intimidating and does some pretty impressive moves, but at the end of the day he is a jobber.

I like to think of Big Show and Joe as super Jobbers

Robareid
09-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Depressing when you look back at some of his ROH matches and now people see him as a jobber

steveorton
09-15-2011, 01:47 PM
I loled when you said I like to think of them as super jobbers.

jethro
09-15-2011, 02:44 PM
I have similar thought as op here,thing is Morgan just cameback from injury and haven't wrestle in an actual match for a while if I'm not mistaken (didnt follow impact),according to Tenay Morgan only did commentary whenever theres BFG series match while Joe went physical destroying wrestlers each week.Also at No Surrender Joe basically dominate during the match until the finish.

Tommy Thunder
09-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Simple. Morgan got the win simply because they don't like Joe.
To be honest, it was a good result whoever won that match, as both have a lot to offer TNA, but the simple fact is, TNA management don't like Samoa Joe for some reason.

steveorton
09-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Simple. Morgan got the win simply because they don't like Joe.
To be honest, it was a good result whoever won that match, as both have a lot to offer TNA, but the simple fact is, TNA management don't like Samoa Joe for some reason.

Reason: Do guys recall when Joe's contract was up he didn't immediately sign back weith Tna I feel he was waiting to see if WWE was going to offer him a contract but they foolishly didn't. Tna management is angry at Joe for that and thats why he's a super jobber as the_awesome_one said. Conspiracy theory but thats the only thing I think holding Joe back.

Torphy
09-15-2011, 05:30 PM
My first post, hope i don't get totally torn apart by the 'infamous' internet wrestling fans!

My own theory on why Morgan was given the win is that TNA may be on the verge of pushing a lot of talent that have never held the heavyweight title. Bobby Roode is about to get the biggest push of his career and will in all likelyhood win the title at BFG, another talent who hasn't been to the 'big time' yet. I can see Storm getting a push in the near future too, maybe seing Beer Money feud against each other. Another one that springs to mind is Gunner, though he's not been in TNA long, i get the impression that he is thought of highly by TNA management (he's beaten Anderson, Bully Ray, AJ styles all clean), it won't be long until he gets a title shot.

Morgan had a few shots at Jeff Hardy earlier in the year and had a good showing in each match, so I imagine he's going to feud with Roode (i'm such a poet) after BFG and Angles' inevitable rematch. That's my theory on Morgans side of the coin, on Joes side I would imagine that the TNA writers are pretty much running down his contract and so aren't giving him the big storylines or wins, might explain why he's jobbed for so long too, getting a few other wrestlers over in the process (Crimson springs to mind). The BFG series included, the writers have had opportunities to turn Joe into a monster again but have let each one pass by harmlessly, I think this is the clearest indication he's mainly being used to get other talents over.

All in all I think Joes time in TNA is up, which is a shame as he's very talented and has a good gimmick, but as a previous poster stated his contract antics a while ago may have done him much more harm than good. Who knows though, I could and probably am wrong, they might be building up to Joe realising he's at fault for all his losses, bringing about a change in his focus and aggression, leading to another long unbeaten run.

wrestlingfan66513
09-15-2011, 08:52 PM
I have just watched no surrender, and thought it was an okay yet rather forgettable PPV.

However, the one result that made me scratch my head was Matt Morgan beating Samoa Joe. They were starting to give Joe a Mark Henry push, having him take out several wrestlers. I thought it would have made sense to give him the win over Morgan. Beforehand I assumed he would win then go on to take on Crimson at BfG. Now I am not so sure... Will he take on Morgan again in a gimmick match, get the win then take on Crimson the PPV after BfG? I don't see them having Joe vs. Undefeated Crimson before giving Joe some momentum. But then again Russo is in charge...

What are you guys' thoughts?

Spoiler

But on next weeks Impact Joe beats Morgan in a rematch and attacks Crimson in the ring a week after that.

monctonvike
09-16-2011, 12:06 AM
My first post, hope i don't get totally torn apart by the 'infamous' internet wrestling fans!

My own theory on why Morgan was given the win is that TNA may be on the verge of pushing a lot of talent that have never held the heavyweight title. Bobby Roode is about to get the biggest push of his career and will in all likelyhood win the title at BFG, another talent who hasn't been to the 'big time' yet. I can see Storm getting a push in the near future too, maybe seing Beer Money feud against each other. Another one that springs to mind is Gunner, though he's not been in TNA long, i get the impression that he is thought of highly by TNA management (he's beaten Anderson, Bully Ray, AJ styles all clean), it won't be long until he gets a title shot.

Morgan had a few shots at Jeff Hardy earlier in the year and had a good showing in each match, so I imagine he's going to feud with Roode (i'm such a poet) after BFG and Angles' inevitable rematch. That's my theory on Morgans side of the coin, on Joes side I would imagine that the TNA writers are pretty much running down his contract and so aren't giving him the big storylines or wins, might explain why he's jobbed for so long too, getting a few other wrestlers over in the process (Crimson springs to mind). The BFG series included, the writers have had opportunities to turn Joe into a monster again but have let each one pass by harmlessly, I think this is the clearest indication he's mainly being used to get other talents over.

All in all I think Joes time in TNA is up, which is a shame as he's very talented and has a good gimmick, but as a previous poster stated his contract antics a while ago may have done him much more harm than good. Who knows though, I could and probably am wrong, they might be building up to Joe realising he's at fault for all his losses, bringing about a change in his focus and aggression, leading to another long unbeaten run.

Welcome ewn!!! great post btw I think you were spot on. Look forward to seeing some of your other posts cheerz

steveorton
09-16-2011, 12:53 PM

Very good post my friend well thought out and to the point. Welcome to the forums :)

BlazersDozen
09-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Its just building the fued. If you notice, they've been getting the better of eachother for the past few weeks. Its pretty even.