PDA

View Full Version : BFG- Possible show of the year????

jwt15
09-14-2011, 02:56 PM
The way things are shapeing up for BFG it looks as if it will be one of the best shows in recent times. This is what I expect.

Austin Aries Vs Brain Kendrick X-Division title
AJ Styles Vs Chris Daneils
Bully Ray Vs Mr. Anderson
RVD Vs Jerry Lynn
Sting Vs Hogan if Sting wins Dixie Carter comes back and Hogan/Bischoff are gone.
Kurt Angle Vs Bobby Roode World Championship

Lucha_Libre
09-14-2011, 03:25 PM
U just forgetting MITB then

Siracul
09-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Match of the night right there.

AJ Styles Vs Chris Daniels
Can these two put on another classic ? I'm rather pessimistic about this, they have been in the ring with and against each other so many times that seeing them back in that ring is rather hard to enjoy, they have done everything to each other and nothing they do can really surprise the audience anymore IMO but if they can then good for them. Let me remind you of how ecstatic everyone was with the Kofi & Ziggler matches, now no one can bear to watch these matches because of how many times we've already seen it.

Not a fan of either men but Ray puts on a decent show.
I don't see what makes Anderson so special, his mic skills are good yeah but when he stops talking and starts wrestling, I start yawning and counting the minutes till the match is over, nevermind the fact that he has had 3 turns (face to heel and vice versa) in less than one year that makes him all the more unbearable to me.

RVD Vs Jerry Lynn
Should be good

Sting Vs Hogan if Sting wins Dixie Carter comes back and Hogan/Bischoff are gone.
If you call a show of the year, one that has Sting Vs. Hogan, I hope as hell you don't book a show or even pick the worst show of the year.
Sting is fine, he can still put on good matches although he is mostly carried through matches.
Hogan is a fucking disaster on the other hand, the guy can't walk 15 minutes without having to sit down and take a breather, and he's going to wrestle ? really ? and I thought Kevin Nash had it bad when he was walking slower than a tortoise... Seriously ? Show Of The Year ? Heck No !

Another match that should be great... If Kurt Angle doesn't pull a Jeff Hardy on us and arrive to the ring drunk.
P.S : I'm as big a fan of Kurt Angle as anybody posting on these forums, but we all agree, the man's got to get his shit together.

Russo swerve
09-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Wm27 summerslam mitb says hello. And the year still isnt over we still got night of champs, hell in cell,survivor series, and tlc. I didnt mention any tna ppvs cause there irrelevant

wrestlingfan66513
09-14-2011, 03:51 PM
you left out the triple threat knockout match between James, Winter, and Sky and the potential tag match and Joe vs Morgan (not sure if they will use this at BFG). and I hope they add Kaz to AJ vs Daniels

Adreme
09-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Wm27 summerslam mitb says hello. And the year still isnt over we still got night of champs, hell in cell,survivor series, and tlc. I didnt mention any tna ppvs cause there irrelevant

WM27 was a gaint letdown with only 1 match delivering on the whole card.

Russo swerve
09-14-2011, 04:25 PM

And it was still better than half of tnas ppvs and I guarantee most of the bfg matches will have some kind of dirty finish

xAzureSkye
09-14-2011, 04:28 PM

But MITB & Summerslam were still great

HolyJose2391
09-14-2011, 04:44 PM
my money is on ROH's PPV this saturday or best in the world. ROH ROH ROH ROH ROH!!!!!!

Wade Barrett 1979
09-14-2011, 04:59 PM
It all hinges on how the TNA Heavyweight title match goes! For me if they let Roode win and win cleanly, while allowing the match to go at least 20 mins, I think this could be a big statement of intent for TNA! Plus putting the title on an Original, would go over massively with the audience!!

VKM
09-14-2011, 05:49 PM
The match I really care about is Roode vs. Kurt Angle. That match could be awesome. All they have to do is build up a great feud between the two. I think everyone can agree that a key to a great match is a great feud. Both of these key things need each other.

HCollins-TNA1
09-14-2011, 06:36 PM

The creator of this thread said of the year.... not decade....

HCollins-TNA1
09-14-2011, 06:39 PM
The top PPVs so far this year in my opinion has been MITB, Royal Rumble, and Summer Slam in the WWE... then Lockdown and Destination X, and No Surrender for TNA in my opinion so far...

Also there a spoiler about one big match has been changed at Bound for Glory...

thejman93
09-14-2011, 06:42 PM
If Paul Heyman shows up and legit takes over TNA(that would go over HUGE in Philly BTW) then we can have this discussion but that ain't gonna happen.

HCollins-TNA1
09-14-2011, 07:02 PM
If Paul Heyman shows up and legit takes over TNA(that would go over HUGE in Philly BTW) then we can have this discussion but that ain't gonna happen.

Then Heyman sales TNA to Vince McMahon next year.... Not going to happen... Rather see Jim Cornette back in TNA...

thejman93
09-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Then Heyman sales TNA to Vince McMahon next year.... Not going to happen... Rather see Jim Cornette back in TNA...

Fine by me. Anybody but Bischoff and Hogan 'll do.

helmsley
09-14-2011, 07:40 PM
i dont think bfg will top destination x, which was a very good tna ppv,

as always, even thought it seems like a nice card, tna always finds a way to screw everything up

Russo swerve
09-14-2011, 08:35 PM
The creator of this thread said of the year.... not decade....

Um those ppvs were this year genius

HCollins-TNA1
09-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Um those ppvs were this year genius

Wrestlemania 27 plainly sucked... so I wouldn't even say it was good..
Summer Slam was poorly put together with the exception of the 3 or 4 matches...
MITB only thing id have 4 bright spots that was Punk winning, Christian winning, Daniel Byran winning, and Del rio winning...
But year decade....

monctonvike
09-14-2011, 09:23 PM
The way things are shapeing up for BFG it looks as if it will be one of the best shows in recent times. This is what I expect.

RVD Vs Jerry Lynn

It could possibly be that, then again it might just be great or it might stink we will have to wait and see. mitb and summerslam and lockdown and destinationx were all great as well I alson like some others like against all odds . The thing is we don't know excited to see roode vs angle there last match was pretty good even with the crappy finish, tried to find it for ya had it saved on my dvr almost two years deleated it last month and can't find it online here is a clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxuvCV11w0M

capn-edu
09-14-2011, 10:19 PM
End of immortal ftw

Tay Moran
09-14-2011, 10:31 PM

RVD Vs Jerry Lynn

havent we seen most of these matches like 3 times each? the only interesting ones are AA vs BK and Angle vs Roode

HCollins-TNA1
09-14-2011, 10:43 PM
havent we seen most of these matches like 3 times each? the only interesting ones are AA vs BK and Angle vs Roode
Almost like seeing John Cena in the Main Event of every WWE PPV then....
Styles and Daniels can go and put something new each time they in there..
Same for RVD and Jerry Lynn....

Hesterica
09-15-2011, 04:10 AM
It all hinges on how the TNA Heavyweight title match goes! For me if they let Roode win and win cleanly, while allowing the match to go at least 20 mins, I think this could be a big statement of intent for TNA! Plus putting the title on an Original, would go over massively with the audience!!

I'm really hoping that they don't do a Dusty finish on this main event like they've been doing in their past PPVs this year. Time for a clean finish, and the best time to do that is putting the strap on your new franchise player and possible future of the company, Robert Roode.

jethro
09-15-2011, 09:07 AM
I really hope no lame ref bump,spit mist,DQ ending finishes on TNA biggest pay per view especially main event after all the build up.

Automatic
09-15-2011, 09:30 AM
I hope TNA can pump me up to the point I would actually consider buying BFG, not that I can anyway. And yeah, I hope the PPV has some good wrestling.