PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Cricket Team and Player

steveorton
09-13-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't know how much of you guys watch the sport called cricket but I love this sport. I was wondering who did you support and who is your favorite player of all time?

I support the West Indies and my favorite is Shiv Chanderpaul :)

Goldust22
09-13-2011, 05:44 PM
I support the West Indies and my favorite is Shiv Chanderpaul :)

Yeah Chanderpaul is awesome and Chris Gayle is also.

Im English so England.

My favourite player of all time is Lasith Malinga as he was so entertaining to watch but this last year i found him not as entertaining as Stuart Broad

Juvenile Junkie
09-14-2011, 05:06 AM
team's supporting: South Africa and domestically Cape Cobras.

Favourite player? Kevin Pietersen

steveorton
09-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Yeah Chanderpaul is awesome and Chris Gayle is also.

Im English so England.

My favourite player of all time is Lasith Malinga as he was so entertaining to watch but this last year i found him not as entertaining as Stuart Broad

I like Malinga also when he was first on the scene I was like now that's fast bowling. England has been playing some good cricket of as late too.

steveorton
09-14-2011, 07:21 AM
team's supporting: South Africa and domestically Cape Cobras.

Favourite player? Kevin Pietersen

This guy is also one of my favorite.

aloisick
09-14-2011, 07:52 AM
This guy is also one of my favorite.

favourite international team: england

favourite dmoestic team: bushrangers

favourite player: shane watson

VanHooliganX
09-25-2011, 01:18 AM
International: Sri Lanka and England. What a good time to be a cricket fan for us as well!
Club team: Yorkshire Phoenix. I know they don't exist anymore but I just don't like our new name, logo or anything. Kinda have the same thing with Lacrosse were i'm a Vancouver Ravens fan but just waiting for them to reformat like Winnipeg Jets did. Haven't followed it since and I don't think we're very good anymore.
Player: Brain Lara, was just such a joy to watch batting as a youngster and i've enjoyed supporting Sri Lanka nearly as long as I have England.

Juvenile Junkie
09-25-2011, 05:11 AM
Van Hooligan X,you support Man City,desn't that fall under Lancashire? Yorkshire Carnegie,doesn't sound intimidating cmpared to some of the other cricket teams like the Kings XI Punjab,Warriors,Titans,cobras,Bulls,Dynamos,Crusad ers,Wolves,Super Kings,Sharks.

Brown Caps is even worse

steveorton
09-25-2011, 08:27 PM
International: Sri Lanka and England. What a good time to be a cricket fan for us as well!
Club team: Yorkshire Phoenix. I know they don't exist anymore but I just don't like our new name, logo or anything. Kinda have the same thing with Lacrosse were i'm a Vancouver Ravens fan but just waiting for them to reformat like Winnipeg Jets did. Haven't followed it since and I don't think we're very good anymore.
Player: Brain Lara, was just such a joy to watch batting as a youngster and i've enjoyed supporting Sri Lanka nearly as long as I have England.

Brian Charles Lara just simply magnificent.

VanHooliganX
09-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Van Hooligan X,you support Man City,desn't that fall under Lancashire? Yorkshire Carnegie,doesn't sound intimidating cmpared to some of the other cricket teams like the Kings XI Punjab,Warriors,Titans,cobras,Bulls,Dynamos,Crusad ers,Wolves,Super Kings,Sharks.

Brown Caps is even worse

Born in Manchester but always lived in Yorkshire. But I feel thats enough blood in me to support the citizens. Having said that, i've always thought thats the "You must support were you live" a little stupid. I'm a massive fan of NHL but i'm not Canadian or American in the slightest, and EHL sucks.

And aye thats the name, Carngie (sp?) Just don't like it. More of a international cricket fan now. Or if 20/20 is on.

VanHooliganX
09-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Brian Charles Lara just simply magnificent.

Well said. He truly did amazing things.

welch421
10-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Im from New Zealand so of course I support the Black Caps but my Fav player wuld prob be Shane Watson from Australia

steveorton
10-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Im from New Zealand so of course I support the Black Caps but my Fav player wuld prob be Shane Watson from Australia

From New Zealand my fav would have to be Daniel Vetorri.