PDA

View Full Version : Supershow's the long term effects.

Dude573
09-13-2011, 07:23 AM
Firstly I think it would be wise to state how I'm not a fan of the supershow idea, I think it really does put the nail in the coffin for the underutilized talents like Hawkins, Drew, Ted etc.

Though here, I would like to talk about the long term effects of the idea, presuming in hindsight that this is the shape of things to come. Now that there seems to be one cast for both shows does this now leave the Annual draft obsolete? There would be no point in sending wrestlers to the other show, when they will just appear on both anyway. I think this is a big step down, to me the draft is one of the most exciting things WWE has to offer, I for one am always trying to predict who will go where, to get rid of it is a bad idea in my opinion.

Secondly, it questions the methods of having a second MITB match. This however I agree with, MITB in my opinion is becoming more stale and predictable, as those who win are almost guaranteed to become a champion, to bring it back to one briefcase I think will be a sensible idea. Although this will make it more unlikely that the majority of midcarders we like will be left behind; Barrett, Rhodes, Dolph etc.

Thoughts??

The_Awesome_One
09-13-2011, 07:40 AM
its not that bad there is only 1 smackdown match on raw, its not like its all cross brand, its just away to get Orton on live TV and see if some of the smackdown lowerdowns can handle it

as for mitb one case is enough

Reichwulf
09-13-2011, 07:51 AM
The only reason they did it at all, in my opinion was in an attempt to compete with monday night football.

steveorton
09-13-2011, 08:37 AM
I thin the the_awesome_one is right is just a way to promote some of the guys from Smackdown and to get more people watching Smackdown.

sincara
09-13-2011, 10:25 AM
this will only be shortterm to get more people to watch sd who only watch raw and visa versa by showing 1 match of the other brands talent each week so it isnt a brand merge

The Hit Man
09-13-2011, 10:55 AM
I've said for a while that it would be better to completely remove the brand split and have all superstars competing on Smackdown and Raw. I'm not saying that the likes of Cena, Orton, Punk, etc. have to be on every Raw or Smackdown. What they should do is have certain fueds feature in only one show not certain superstars. I've felt for a while that the roster is really thin so by splitting it in half means that superstars will only be able to fued with a small amount of competitors. You see a lot of switching around rivalries like Orton is now fueding with Henry and Christian is now feuding with Sheamus. I find this really boring and predictable. By having more guys to compete with makes it more exciting as you have more matches available to watch and aren't watching the same ones over and over again. I think this will also make rivalries more meanigful rather than just having your bog standard one month rivalry. This is one of the reasons why WWE find it hard to get guys over cause they are never in meanigful fueds so we can't really connect to it. By having a storyline assinged to one particular show with a different segment each week, it will get viewers more interested in watching the wrestlers to see what happens in the story.

People say that without a brand split, lower talent will have even less opportunites to get air time but one idea I have is unify the US and IC title (as well as the two World Titles) so you have one top title and one mid card title. Reinstate the Hardcore Championship and lower talent can battle over that. I know it's still PG but you can still have some pretty exciting hardcore matches! By giving them a title to battle over it will make them more relevant even if the title isn't the most prestigous. Hey, it's better than no title!

Bodom
09-13-2011, 10:59 AM
If every Raw here on out is a Super Show, is anything actually super?

Wade Barrett 1979
09-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Hang on, the Supershow concept is only for Raw moving forward! The Smackdown Supershow, was only a one off for the live Tuesdsay episode! Raw is the only one being called the Supershow, the last Smackdown was just an ordinary episode! Unless the limit of the Raw talent they are putting on Smackdown is Kelly Kelly, Beth Phoenix and the tag champs!!!

Rich Cranium
09-13-2011, 11:01 AM
If every Raw here on out is a Super Show, is anything actually super?

Looks like it and no, they just throw in a match involving Randy Orton for the 'Super' part.

Russo swerve
09-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Sd has there storylines and raw has there storylines its not like the whole roster is competing and starting feuds with raw superstars and besides its only 1 or 2 guys no big deal and its only short term

johnnydropkicks
09-13-2011, 01:55 PM
people keep saying this. but it's not like we saw them anyway.

Tyson Kidd was always the go to guy when someone needed a win.

on the raw side it's either bryan or dibiase.

oh dibiase is smackdown... well it's pretty much bryan. the only time I see people on superstars is when I watch superstars. and I don't watch it now.

Russo swerve
09-13-2011, 03:54 PM
people keep saying this. but it's not like we saw them anyway.

Tyson Kidd was always the go to guy when someone needed a win.

on the raw side it's either bryan or dibiase.

oh dibiase is smackdown... well it's pretty much bryan. the only time I see people on superstars is when I watch superstars. and I don't watch it now.

Um ifyour talikin bout daniel brian hes on sd and oyea hes the sd mitb winner

johnnydropkicks
09-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Um ifyour talikin bout daniel brian hes on sd and oyea hes the sd mitb winner

oh yeah right. guess that says a lot about his push.

either that or I'm just that stupid. it's probably the second

Danny92
09-13-2011, 05:02 PM
why not put more of the lower/mid card onto smackdown then ? and only feature the ortons/henrys etc in the main event of smackdown and the raw supershows

Brewer 314
09-13-2011, 05:36 PM
I hope this ends the brand extension!

Theusernamepokeofdoom
09-13-2011, 09:16 PM
I completely disagree with under utilization. The point for two conjoined shows is so they can book matches they wanted on SD! On Raw and vice-versa so they can definitely bring in new faces.

Bodom
09-14-2011, 08:40 AM
I completely disagree with under utilization. The point for two conjoined shows is so they can book matches they wanted on SD! On Raw and vice-versa so they can definitely bring in new faces.

They had already been doing this for months.

Dude573
09-14-2011, 09:04 AM

Bring in new faces? (I'm presuming by "faces" you mean young talent). They need to learn how to use the ones they have now, look at how much talent is jobbing and hardly ever being seen. If there will always be supershow's, then the majority of maineventers will be featured on both shows, leaving the lowercards hopeless.

el gabo
09-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Can't wait until the Superstars Supershow debuts.

zrdt12
09-14-2011, 10:02 AM
The only reason they did it at all, in my opinion was in an attempt to compete with monday night football.

I don't really understand how ratings work but past Monday I did this:

Watched RAW live. On commercials watched the football game. If the game got exciting, when I go back to RAW just rewind on DVR. So how do my ratings count. And normally I don't start watching RAW until an hour in but I still start from the beginning via DVR so I don't have to see commercials.

RagingBallsFTW
09-14-2011, 10:27 PM

Another reason is to help promote and increase the sales of SD live events. From the sales I'm seeing, it's been s*** for a while now.

capn-edu
09-14-2011, 10:32 PM
I think i might see jobbers on both shows
we saw orton beating wendys last time
and drew reks and hawkins on backstage so this might be good