PDA

View Full Version : Cena Not Bad on Mic

Rich Cranium
09-12-2011, 11:20 PM
I usually read people's opinions about Cena's mic work as boring. I would go more with cheesy but the guy can get the crowd going. That happened tonight as he went out there with the crowd booing him but then had them eating from his hands. He doesn't really seem to trip up on his words or fall out of place. Sure he is no Punk but who is? I think he is a hell of a lot better on the mic than the majority of the WWE roster.

Thoughts, complaints, praises, etc?

Enforcer23
09-12-2011, 11:22 PM
i agree since day one i loved his mic work

Chavo
09-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Sure he is no Punk but who is?

HHH owned Punk on the mic tonight

capn-edu
09-12-2011, 11:34 PM

um Punk won in my opinion
+headshot priceless

BlazersDozen
09-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Triple H saved that promo...& owned that promo the entire time.

Cena just seems like he down plays his mic work for his younger fans. We've all seen him come VERY hard on the mic in the past.

zrdt12
09-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Each and every time Cena goes out there it's good. It's been good for so long it's hard to tell, haters gonna hate.

Russo swerve
09-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Ehh hes still a lame goofball

LoGik
09-12-2011, 11:55 PM
he actually made me laugh when he was mocking john lauranitis.

evilgenius780
09-13-2011, 12:23 AM

Agreed, that was great!

hollywoodrock
09-13-2011, 02:14 AM
when cena is seriouse i think hes one of the best on the mic id go
punk
hhh
cena
miz/r truth
in my top 5 of wrestlers nowadays...i dont know why but r truth is funny to me

Rich Cranium
09-13-2011, 03:33 AM
when cena is seriouse i think hes one of the best on the mic id go
punk
hhh
cena
miz/r truth
in my top 5 of wrestlers nowadays...i dont know why but r truth is funny to me

Back when RTruth was rapping to his 'what's up' song, I never thought he would turn out to be such an interesting character. He can thank all the little Jimmy's for the conspiracies. Now my ninja, it's time for them to get GOT!

jrsckilla23
09-13-2011, 04:49 AM
First of all cena mic skills are all the same but he puts them in a different meaning for example kissing ass to the fans, how he gonna be champion again and last he turns into hulkamania(Unstoppable). Cena sucks your just another WWE Universe fan who only cheer for Cena and Orton

the wrestling shade
09-13-2011, 05:31 AM
First of all cena mic skills are all the same but he puts them in a different meaning for example kissing ass to the fans, how he gonna be champion again and last he turns into hulkamania(Unstoppable). Cena sucks your just another WWE Universe fan who only cheer for Cena and Orton
lol I realy find it weird when someone says good things about Cena they turn him into a WWE childish Mark but when someone completely bash John Cena People Cheer for that guy and agreed with most of his openion its sad realy!!

CrowOfMurders
09-13-2011, 05:54 AM
As an open Cena critic, I honestly do think he has the potential to do some great promos,ever since he wanted to pander to little kids, go super "G" not even "pg" and his pathetic marine character,he's really short sold himself. Cena could have evolved into an amazing tweener,his rapper gimmick showed he had a douchebag side to him as well,and if he let it out once in a while(especially in promos) he could elevate himself. But since he wants to stay hulk hogan, its always a case of wat could be and not wat is.

Sahu
09-13-2011, 07:30 AM
Back when RTruth was rapping to his 'what's up' song, I never thought he would turn out to be such an interesting character. He can thank all the little Jimmy's for the conspiracies.

TRue!! He's a million times a greater character than wat he was in his rapper persona..

Coming to Cena..he was gud at mic when he was the Dr. of Thuganomics persona...ever since, he changed his persona into the current Sufer hero..his promos r not that gud..initially they were gud but, now we r getting bored...

steveorton
09-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Cean is chessy but he is great on the mic and also has the ability to command a crowd.

Rich Cranium
09-13-2011, 09:47 AM

I cheer for Orton and Cena? LMAO! You must own a working crystal ball! But in reality, you actually love Cena but are a sheep who is afraid to admit it.

Rilla
09-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Cena for years now has been good on the mic. He chooses to pander to kids.

Punk, I think, is starting to play too much with his message. Like HHH was serious in his promo last night, Punk seemed smaller and a bit unwilling to push back.

Dude573
09-13-2011, 09:53 AM
He is a good actor and talker, but I think its just the same formula over and over again; he'll say what a great city they're in, insult the heel immaturely (Miz pudgy, Del rio cars), then congratulate the heel saying they have a future, then go all philosophical saying about he works so hard for the fans, then tears of his size small shirt and starts a beat down.

He is good on the Mic because he has been doing the same thing for seven years, different opponent, same cena...

Call me a troll if you want, I'm just honest.

Rich Cranium
09-13-2011, 09:56 AM
He is a good actor and talker, but I think its just the same formula over and over again; he'll say what a great city they're in, insult the heel immaturely (Miz pudgy, Del rio cars), then congratulate the heel saying they have a future, then go all philosophical saying about he works so hard for the fans, then tears of his size small shirt and starts a beat down. Different opponent, same cena...

Call me a troll if you want, I'm just honest.

You are not a troll since you are on topic, but I agree as I said in my original post, Cena is clearly cheesy. But I think he pulls the cheesiness of pretty damn good. Look at others who can barely speak 2 or 3 words without having a tongue spasm! Cena can work it better than most whether you like him or not.

Reichwulf
09-13-2011, 09:58 AM
I usually read people's opinions about Cena's mic work as boring. I would go more with cheesy but the guy can get the crowd going. That happened tonight as he went out there with the crowd booing him but then had them eating from his hands. He doesn't really seem to trip up on his words or fall out of place. Sure he is no Punk but who is? I think he is a hell of a lot better on the mic than the majority of the WWE roster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia2BKHPHOdQ&NR=1

I usually find him somewhat entertaining to the point of boringness as it's usually the same routine all the time. blah blah blah, i'm the champ and i'm here... blah blah blah ima kick your ass... blah blah blah im the champ.... repeat.

Rich Cranium
09-13-2011, 10:02 AM
[video=youtube;Ia2BKHPHOdQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia2BKHPHOdQ&NR=1ideo]

I usually find him somewhat entertaining to the point of boringness as it's usually the same routine all the time. blah blah blah, i'm the champ and i'm here... blah blah blah ima kick your ass... blah blah blah im the champ.... repeat.

Would you rather listen to Bret Hart, Michael McGillicutty, and Otunga all in the ring at the same time?

Reichwulf
09-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Would you rather listen to Bret Hart, Michael McGillicutty, and Otunga all in the ring at the same time?

Actually since you brought it up, i would much rather hear other people getting more promo time to better their mic skills in front of others.

The person that cuts the best promos imo, currently is R truth. But i love that guys promos so it might be bias :p

And i'm not hating on Cenas promo skills, i'm just saying it seems repetitive now a days, Punks is following the same suit.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-13-2011, 10:08 AM
He's not bad on the microphone, but he does go way over the top with some things an it comes out forced. Then sometimes when he rambles on the microphone he starts talking like he lost his breath. Chris Jericho had the same issue when he made his return at the expense of Randy Orton.

Foxx
09-13-2011, 10:11 AM
His mic skills are good...but like everyone pretty much said its a bit over the top and corny at times...especially the jokes...smh lol

Automatic
09-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Cena is great on the mic, but his audience is the kids and his promo's are targeted to kids. This just means that teens/adults ( people on this site) won't like everything he says. Remember that his gimmick is superhero/marine, so it will mostly be boring to us, because we can see through that bullshit, but kids like it. Actually, when he drops his gimmick, he is liked by everyone except the Cena bashers who bash him no matter what.

Rich Cranium
09-13-2011, 10:38 AM
What is so crazy is the fact that ADR plays a classic heel and even mentioned 'Illegal Canadians' (which is odd to hear since well, I never hear it) yet Cena comes out to a bigger boo. You can see ADR's face as a bit confused at first but then Cena knows how to use the Ace up his sleeve. Use Bret Hart to get the fans over!

BIGZrudypoo812
09-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Cean is chessy but he is great on the mic and also has the ability to command a crowd.

ok slow down its been a very long time since theres been someone that can Command a Crowd a VERY long time. the only one TODAY that can control Crowds Night in and Night out is The Miz because of his catchphrases. and the next is prolly R-Truth

AOF666
09-13-2011, 04:13 PM

Using Bret Hart to get cheers doesn't count!

Y2Jryder
09-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Cena is boring on the mic just as ADR

ed is dead
09-13-2011, 09:44 PM
cena mic skills are underrated, granted he's cheesy sometimes but the guy knows how to work the crowd, whether they're cheering him or booing him.