PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change TNA

Chavo
09-11-2011, 09:45 PM
TNA seriously needs to find a way to get away from the Impact Zone...Im watching the PPV now and this crowd is embarassing itself. I understand part of what attracts wrestlers to TNA is lack of touring but my god with a crowd like this, I think Im watching some low rent backyard wrestlers who stumbled into a gym instead of the "2nd biggest promotion in the USA"

capn-edu
09-11-2011, 09:55 PM
dude the crowd was awesome when the match was awesome
Pussy Ray is priceless and the Pop with beer money intense not to say about joe and morgan that were as good
shut up :D

Chavo
09-11-2011, 10:09 PM
dude the crowd was awesome when the match was awesome
Pussy Ray is priceless and the Pop with beer money intense not to say about joe and morgan that were as good
shut up :D

I was mainly referring to the main event match...I will give the fans credit, they did have some um unique chants but during a main event for a ppv and 90% of the crowd is sitting on their hands is unacceptable. Maybe part of the blame goes to the wrestlers in the match but I still think a change would be good. If I remember correctly, the last couple times they went to Georgia and Alabama the crowds pretty much rocked...Im not saying tour the whole f'n country but obviously the crowds at the Impact Zone are stale

PS YOU SHUT UP NOW SIR :p

capn-edu
09-11-2011, 10:22 PM
I was mainly referring to the main event match...I will give the fans credit, they did have some um unique chants but during a main event for a ppv and 90% of the crowd is sitting on their hands is unacceptable. Maybe part of the blame goes to the wrestlers in the match but I still think a change would be good. If I remember correctly, the last couple times they went to Georgia and Alabama the crowds pretty much rocked...Im not saying tour the whole f'n country but obviously the crowds at the Impact Zone are stale

PS YOU SHUT UP NOW SIR :p

you could atleast mention the main event
i could agree it would be good to film he show in other places
and the crowds arent like you want them to be, or how they used to be
stale cause its shiet..

MinistryOfDarkness
09-11-2011, 10:24 PM
I agree, they need to get the hell out of Orlando. NOW. Start with your pay per views. NOW.

Chavo
09-11-2011, 10:31 PM
I agree, they need to get the hell out of Orlando. NOW. Start with your pay per views. NOW.

Even this is a great idea...you could go once a month to some of the larger cities just to give your PPV's a PPV feel.

Russo swerve
09-11-2011, 10:45 PM
No surrender was trash from what I read and that doesnt surprise me one bit

monctonvike
09-11-2011, 10:51 PM
I thought the ppv was good. It was better then victory road, sacrifice, hardcore justice and genesis but not as good as destination x, against all odds, slammivrsary or lockdown. This in itself is not a compliment. People complain about dixie, russo hogan bischoff the impact zone and the announcers. They may play a part, but this is a ppv, TNA has one of the most talent rosters of wrestlers in the world every match should be trying to steal the show. WWE can afford to have "good" pay per views TNA has to fight for every dollar with all of there might. People can say the points stuff, and bisch saying the tournament needs to end, on the ppv are silly, and be right. The end of the day the story needs to be told in the ring with awesome contests no one but no one shoulders that other then the talent

Chavo
09-11-2011, 10:52 PM
No surrender was trash from what I read and that doesnt surprise me one bit

I usually say dont believe everything you read but it doesnt apply here...Besides a spot here or there I was completely disappointed, next time I might have to start looking for streams instead of having to explain to the wife why I ordered, in her words "Hey, I remember those guys from when I was younger"

Chavo
09-11-2011, 10:56 PM
I thought the ppv was good. It was better then victory road, sacrifice, hardcore justice and genesis but not as good as destination x, against all odds, slammivrsary or lockdown. This in itself is not a compliment. People complain about dixie, russo hogan bischoff the impact zone and the announcers. They may play a part, but this is a ppv, TNA has one of the most talent rosters of wrestlers in the world every match should be trying to steal the show. WWE can afford to have "good" pay per views TNA has to fight for every dollar with all of there might. People can say the points stuff, and bisch saying the tournament needs to end, on the ppv are silly, and be right. The end of the day the story needs to be told in the ring with awesome contests no one but no one shoulders that other then the talent

If what you're saying is that part of the responsibility to put on a good PPV is up to the wrestlers then I agree. However, when your main event for the world title involves an ending to set-up a Sting vs Hogan match and its not 1995, then theres more to blame then just the wrestlers

68wPayne
09-11-2011, 11:09 PM
If the crowd was dead at the main event perhaps it was because they are seeing Kurt Angle vs Sting for the 15th PPV main event since they've been in the company.

HCollins-TNA1
09-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Tonight it was your normal wrestling crowd who gets into the action and interact with the moves and the heels and faces...
As opposed to the normal tourist crowd.....
But do agree TNA does need to live the Impact Zone more... Esp with PPVs and even Impact... tape Xplosion there and get it a national US TV deal...

MinistryOfDarkness
09-11-2011, 11:10 PM
However, when your main event for the world title involves an ending to set-up a Sting vs Hogan match and its not 1995, then theres more to blame then just the wrestlers

Umm, this! ^^^

tchocky360
09-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Other then the pussy ray chant and the beer money that crowd was dead. Total silence for Sting/Angle/Anderson hitting their finishers in a main event.

Kendrick and Aries's match had some nice moments, but Bully Ray was the only standout. And that was for trash talking. Felt like he pretty much carried that PPV

Chavo
09-11-2011, 11:15 PM
If the crowd was dead at the main event perhaps it was because they are seeing Kurt Angle vs Sting for the 15th PPV main event since they've been in the company.

Oh but Payne my friend there was a twist, Anderson was there!!

68wPayne
09-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Oh but Payne my friend there was a twist, Anderson was there!!

OoOoOoHhHhHh you got me there TNA bookers, you crafty devils you.

wrestlingfan66513
09-11-2011, 11:20 PM
The ppv had some good matches and I enjoyed it most of the middle matches and we actually had a good crowd in the impact zone. But TNA's problem is that they build for BFG most of the year. WWE builds to Wrestlemania at RR. TNA needs to find a PPV to start the the road to BFG. PPV need to take place in different areas (try going overseas) and at least 1 taping a month should be done in a different arena

Chavo
09-11-2011, 11:23 PM
but Bully Ray was the only standout. And that was for trash talking. Felt like he pretty much carried that PPV

I dont think even Bully Ray ever thought this statement would be true but as sad as it is, its a fact

Tay Moran
09-11-2011, 11:30 PM
OoOoOoHhHhHh you got me there TNA bookers, you crafty devils you.

lmfbao^^^^^^^

tchocky360
09-11-2011, 11:34 PM
I dont think even Bully Ray ever this statement would be true but as sad as it is, its a fact

He's turned into such a strong heel, a few WWE guys left and maybe floundered and relied on their reputation in TNA but Bully Ray has def improved.
I'm still surprised I enjoyed watching him so much.

Sting though... When the crowd have a sign saying "Why so nervous?" an obvious nod to the "Why so serious?" Joker line..
The crowd knows it's a poor imitation and still cheer for him.
It's distracting and detracts from him, he could easily still be the Insane Icon and have his own look.

monctonvike
09-12-2011, 06:43 AM
If what you're saying is that part of the responsibility to put on a good PPV is up to the wrestlers then I agree. However, when your main event for the world title involves an ending to set-up a Sting vs Hogan match and its not 1995, then theres more to blame then just the wrestlers

Sting and Hogan are not fighting for the title its an attraction match. There might be some years against them but Lawlor vs cole was a main event at wrestlemania as was undertaker vs HHH. BFG looks awesome so far , aj vs daniels likely to happen rvd vs jerry lynn , roode vs angle matches are usually pretty good Bully ray and anderson will likely be going at too, not too mention sorenson vs aries.

Thankfully it seems that Immortal is almost over, gunner and bully ray bickering and abyss on the hot seat this is all good. Dixie will be back on tv after bound for glory...not sure how to feel about that

Back to the other point to answer your question directly, yes exactly its completely up to the wrestlers to make a good ppv. It doesn't matter if they have a crappy gimmick,crappy finish written, if the announcers are lame or impact zone fans are deader than disco, the match itself besides the finnish is up to them to what they want with. Imo there is little excuse for a talented roster such as TNA to just have an "ok" or "pretty good" pay per view they need to fight for every fan every dollar vince won't give an inch

p.s unrelated its just imo , but I have no idea what people see in matt morgan that guy puts a sleeper hold on my attention span every time I see him wrestle

kashani1984
09-12-2011, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=monctonvike;258617]Sting and Hogan are not fighting for the title its an attraction match. There might be some years against them but Lawlor vs cole was a main event at wrestlemania as was undertaker vs HHH. BFG looks awesome so far , aj vs daniels likely to happen rvd vs jerry lynn , roode vs angle matches are usually pretty good Bully ray and anderson will likely be going at too, not too mention sorenson vs aries.

Thankfully it seems that Immortal is almost over, gunner and bully ray bickering and abyss on the hot seat this is all good. Dixie will be back on tv after bound for glory...not sure how to feel about that

Lawler v Cole wasnt a main event at WM,lol. Cole just hyped it as that. But weather Hogan v Sting is title or exhibition who wants to see it? i could watch it on youtube and know it will be better than what they will do at BFG. Considering Hogan has had like 20 back surgerys. But Before we get Hogan Sting, we get a classic Sting v Flair...Cant wait for that 1, get the EMT's ready with oxygen. TNA has went downhill fast this year. AJ was the face of the company, whos the face now....Hulk "Spotlight" Hogger.

kiltbill
09-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Sting and Hogan are not fighting for the title its an attraction match.

What attraction? With a roster the size of TNA's, why are the 3 oldest and slowest wrestlers in the company, nay World, involved in any kind of in ring action?

AOF666
09-12-2011, 04:29 PM
What attraction? With a roster the size of TNA's, why are the 3 oldest and slowest wrestlers in the company, nay World, involved in any kind of in ring action?

Agree do not want to see 3 guys past their prime trying to wrestle.

monctonvike
09-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Agree do not want to see 3 guys past their prime trying to wrestle.

I agree with you as well, but it is what it is. I didn't want to see lawlor vs the miz headlining a pay per view but i still tuned in. If Hogan vs sting was featured at wm28 it would likely get one of the loudest reactions of the night. TNA want to try and increase there ppv buys by whatever it can. The card ( hogan vs sting aside) looks to be shaping up to be a great ppv

HCollins-TNA1
09-12-2011, 08:56 PM
what attraction? With a roster the size of tna's, why are the 3 oldest and slowest wrestlers in the company, nay world, involved in any kind of in ring action?

name recognition.....

ratedy2jayz
09-12-2011, 09:01 PM
I understand name recognition but who is gonna watch TNA next week, that didnt watch it this week, because they here Hulk Hogan is on it?

HCollins-TNA1
09-12-2011, 09:04 PM
The reason Sting and Hogan is happening is to end the feud that never really ended in WCW..... It plain and simple to figure out...

HCollins-TNA1
09-12-2011, 09:10 PM
I understand name recognition but who is gonna watch TNA next week, that didnt watch it this week, because they here Hulk Hogan is on it?

Well I'm sure TNA not worry about losing one or two odd ball viewers.... I'm sure they really don't care as they will have the same number of people watching as always.... and I'm one of them....

kiltbill
09-13-2011, 02:40 PM
If Hogan vs sting was featured at wm28 it would likely get one of the loudest reactions of the night..... and .... The reason Sting and Hogan is happening is to end the feud that never really ended in WCW..... It plain and simple to figure out...

So, TNA is now OFFICIALY the place where WCW storylines come to retire?

And yes, WWE fans haven't seen these two every week for the past 2 yearsand would be excited to see them in action. If Hulk or Sting hadn't been hogging the limelight so much, I might have been interested. But they take up so much TV time, I'm uninterested.

There's also in knowledge that there will be interference, you won't get a proper ending to the feud, and we'll have this limp on untill one of them actually retires. If they wanted to sell this as a proper feud, then they shouldn't have bothered with the 'Joker' Sting; Sting had enough in his old gimick to be the one to bring down the Hulkster. This is not a story the fans want to see, it's a match that elderly ego's are whining for.

And if TNA don't care for 'odd ball' viewers, they've probably lost 50% of there buy rates.