PDA

View Full Version : How much longer until Robert Roode

Chavo
09-11-2011, 09:27 PM
signs with WWE? I'm not here to knock TNA because I enjoy the program but I feel he could bigger things on a bigger stage.

Edit: I dont like calling him Bobby

Russo swerve
09-11-2011, 09:54 PM
signs with WWE? I'm not here to knock TNA because I enjoy the program but I feel he could bigger things on a bigger stage.

He just won bfg series he aint goin nowere I wish he would tna cause they suck

capn-edu
09-11-2011, 09:56 PM

agreed ^^^^^

Tommy Thunder
I'd rather see Samoa Joe sign with WWE. TNA are wasting his ass big time.

monctonvike

They offered him work before and he turned them down to stay in tna or something along those lines. I think the schedule is his main concern. So I guess he would have to get one of those rare light wwe schedules. I also doubt he will leave tna if he is world champ. Angle is leaving tna soon one has to think roode will win at bfg

monctonvike
09-11-2011, 09:57 PM

He tried and wwe said no, is what the word on the net is...

tnafanwwehater
09-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Rober ROode is the future of tna. they are high on him they will do w/e they can to keep him happy and signed. :)

Wade Barrett 1979
09-11-2011, 10:06 PM

Nope, can't see it happening now! I think TNA will run with him as champ from BFG!! I think in the 'E' he'd just end up lost in the shuffle! He may be upper mid card but no way would he get a title shot, either for a while or at all!

Peter Kaymakcian
09-11-2011, 10:12 PM
They offered him work before and he turned them down to stay in tna or something along those lines. I think the schedule is his main concern. So I guess he would have to get one of those rare light wwe schedules. I also doubt he will leave tna if he is world champ. Angle is leaving tna soon one has to think roode will win at bfg

He just signed a three year deal(Angle). Unless your referring to his Olympic Stint which I think is like his MMA one just for publicity.

Chavo
09-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Rober ROode is the future of tna. they are high on him they will do w/e they can to keep him happy and signed. :)

I agree 100% with this but I hate to see a talent like his being wasted (as much as I like TNA I still consider even being their champ a waste)...its the whole big fish, small pond thing

Chavo
09-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Nope, can't see it happening now! I think TNA will run with him as champ from BFG!! I think in the 'E' he'd just end up lost in the shuffle! He may be upper mid card but no way would he get a title shot, either for a while or at all!

I think with Roode as the face of the company, TNA is stepping in the right direction

Russo swerve
09-11-2011, 10:15 PM
and for the record no surrender sucked big time

Rich Cranium
09-11-2011, 10:21 PM
As seen tonight, they are high on him and he is not going anywhere soon. WWE might just drop the ball on him.

Chavo
09-11-2011, 10:21 PM
and for the record no surrender sucked big time

Agreed...I've been wavering in my support of TNA lately but decided to order the PPV cause I dislike the Cowboys that much. I enjoyed Aries and Kendricks (corkscrew that Aries missed on the outside looked sweet) and Winter v Mickie was okay but everything else felt kinda bland. I think the womens division is enough to keep me interested but the heavyweights need to step it up big time

capn-edu
09-11-2011, 10:23 PM

you rather see angle..

Chavo
09-11-2011, 10:23 PM
As seen tonight, they are high on him and he is not going anywhere soon. WWE might just drop the ball on him.

It's pretty much a given that WWE will drop the ball on him but I'd still like to see a worker that good make the big bucks in the "big leagues"

Tommy Thunder
09-11-2011, 10:25 PM
He tried and wwe said no, is what the word on the net is...

You refer to when he was a free agent for a few days last year? I heard that WWe didn't try and contact him, and he didn't try and contact them.

On Roode though. I agree with everyone here. He enjoys working for TNA, he's getting a monumental push, and I also see WWE dropping the ball with him. I don't think he'd get the same opportunities in WWE that he gets in TNA.

Rich Cranium
09-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Bobby Rhoode is great where hes at. He obviously loves working in TNA so I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon. Besides, I don't think WWE will use him to his full potential(see Chris Harris/Brandon Walker).

My post immediately following yours said almost the same thing! Get out of my brain! Or I need to get out of yours! :)

Chavo
09-11-2011, 10:28 PM
you rather see angle..

Speaking of Angle, it looks to me like he's gotten a lot smaller...I know he's in olympic training mode and such but to me its a huge change

Rich Cranium
09-11-2011, 10:30 PM
You refer to when he was a free agent for a few days last year? I heard that WWe didn't try and contact him, and he didn't try and contact them.

Yeah, he just sat there an expected WWE recruiters to break down his door with offers.

Rich Cranium
09-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Speaking of Angle, it looks to me like he's gotten a lot smaller...I know he's in olympic training mode and such but to me its a huge change

Must be on the Angelina Love diet!

Chavo
09-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Must be on the Angelina Love diet!

LOL...Im starting to think she ran over an old gypsy or something with the way shes shrinking away

Tommy Thunder
09-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Yeah, he just sat there an expected WWE recruiters to break down his door with offers.

I think WWE would take him though. And I also believe he would do well in WWE.

Rich Cranium
09-11-2011, 10:34 PM
I think WWE would take him though. And I also believe he would do well in WWE.

He could do something with the Uso's?

Chavo
09-11-2011, 10:36 PM
He could do something with the Uso's?

I dont think Roode can dance very well

Rich Cranium
09-11-2011, 10:37 PM
I dont think Roode can dance very well

Lol, I was referring to Tommy's Samoa Joe post.

Chavo
09-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Lol, I was referring to Tommy's Samoa Joe post.

Well that changes everything...I think Joe would be a much better dancer than Roode

PHENOMINAL ENIGMA
09-11-2011, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE=Chavo;258323]I agree 100% with this but I hate to see a talent like his being wasted (as much as I like TNA I still consider even being their champ a waste)...its the whole big fish, small pond thing[/QUOTE/]

WWE might be an ocean but they treat Cena like his a whale in a tear drop which is why i think TNA is much better

wrestlingfan66513
09-11-2011, 11:35 PM

Speaking of that they said he weighed 225 lbs. the exact same weight limit you need to be X-division champ. Hmmmmm

Tay Moran
09-11-2011, 11:42 PM
I hope roode goes to wwe after he becomes a tna world champion.

the wwe rarely drops the ball with thier wrestlers imo, you have to remember that they have alocker room full of guys that want a chance so if their given a chance and dont meet the wwe's expectations they pretty much screw themselves.

tchocky360
09-11-2011, 11:44 PM
"WWE might be an ocean but they treat Cena like his a whale in a tear drop which is why i think TNA is much better" - Phenominal Enigma

If he is still pushed as a main eventer at the age of 60, then maybe you're right about that.
The fact that Flair and Hogan are still used in the ring with guys 30 years their junior is ridiculous.

HCollins-TNA1
09-11-2011, 11:55 PM
It very doubtful Roode would be used right in the WWE or he would be lost in mid card talent... Although he does remind me of Beniot more these days adding submission holds to his moves...

Rich Cranium
09-12-2011, 12:06 AM
It very doubtful Roode would be used right in the WWE or he would be lost in mid card talent... Although he does remind me of Beniot more these days adding submission holds to his moves...

Benoit? I don't see as much aggression from Roode.

HCollins-TNA1
09-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Benoit? I don't see as much aggression from Roode.

Not with the aggression, but he might be adding that... like tonight he did..... But he moving into more of a submission wrestler with the armbar and cross face....

monctonvike
09-12-2011, 08:14 AM
He just signed a three year deal(Angle). Unless your referring to his Olympic Stint which I think is like his MMA one just for publicity.

Angle signed something in the spring early summer (i think) now he says he just signed a new deal, not sure what is up with that. To your original question ya I was talking about the olympics he is said to be leaving for awhile to train and if he makes it on the team then he will be gone for a bit

Mikeyboy7777777
09-12-2011, 09:45 AM

I hate to say this but I actually agree with russo swerve man still sounds weird good that even russo swerve does not only talk crap good for you Swerve you go Russo

maar13
09-12-2011, 09:57 AM

Nah They didn't look up for him that hard, at least not that it was acknowledged, he used that in a lot of promos just like everyone else did. I am not saying they are not interested, because the guy is good and they probably are, but if he wants a light schedule, that should be why they are not looking, WWE needs people willing to deal with the schedule they have, especially if they are starting, hey if Cena and Orton have no lighst schedules just imagine about someone just starting.

But I don't think he is leaving any time soon, He have just reached main event, at least for now, maybe even the belt, so unless the contract is really, really good, I don't think he is going to leave.

Y2J___Y2J
09-12-2011, 11:12 AM
To be fair, if WWE wanted to, they could sign anyone, because they could throw them a major contract. I'm sure he will eventually end up in the 'E

jwt15
09-12-2011, 06:51 PM
He's turned WWE down like 3 times already so I dont see it happening

HCollins-TNA1
09-12-2011, 08:43 PM
I hope roode goes to wwe after he becomes a tna world champion.

the wwe rarely drops the ball with thier wrestlers imo, you have to remember that they have alocker room full of guys that want a chance so if their given a chance and dont meet the wwe's expectations they pretty much screw themselves.

Rarely hummmmm, does the name Bradon Walker, Frankie Kazarian, Kaval rings any bells?????

HCollins-TNA1
09-12-2011, 08:45 PM
To be fair, if WWE wanted to, they could sign anyone, because they could throw them a major contract. I'm sure he will eventually end up in the 'E

One thing stop certain guys from jumping and that.... as I have said several times tonight and thats LOYALTY!!!!