PDA

View Full Version : Austin Aries and CM Punk

Chavo
09-11-2011, 08:43 PM
I see a lot of similarities between the two...look wise and promo wise. Am I crazy?

VanHooliganX
09-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Depends if Aries likes Pepsi or not :P

zapphoman
09-11-2011, 08:57 PM
To be honest, if given the right push, Austin Aries would be better then CM Punk.

No disrespect to my boy Punk, but I have to agree with Dubs on this one. Austin Aeries is loaded with talent and practically oozing with personality and charisma. Austin Aeries is an amazing hybrid of wrestler and as much of a fan I am of Punk, I would have to say Aeries could be better than Punk.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-11-2011, 09:09 PM
To be honest, if given the right push, Austin Aries would be better then CM Punk.

Possibly, but at the moment he's CM Punk Lite!!!

Tommy Thunder
09-11-2011, 09:12 PM
I don't want to sound like a guy straight off the Punk bandwagon, but IMO, Punk is better.
Not to say Aries isn't good, he's brilliant without a shadow of doubt. But IMO, Punk is better.

Danielle20SxE
09-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Punk is on a different level than Aries. They also don't look alike. Punk has a unique look that no one else does.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-11-2011, 09:29 PM
I don't want to sound like a guy straight off the Punk bandwagon, but IMO, Punk is better.
Not to say Aries isn't good, he's brilliant without a shadow of doubt. But IMO, Punk is better.

The only thing that can derail Punk, is the WWE dropping a bollock with the angle! That's always a worry! If he does get a match with Austin, however, that will be epic beyond belief!!

HBK
09-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Honestly aries vs punk would be better than Jericho vs punk i think at least but sc vs punk would be better than aries vs punk just b/c of the promos

Chavo
09-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Honestly aries vs punk would be better than Jericho vs punk i think at least but sc vs punk would be better than aries vs punk just b/c of the promos

I think I might be in the minority on this Punk vs SCSA thing because I dont think it will meet expectations if it did ever come about...of course, if Mr Peabody and Sherman were around and I could get Austin straight out of the attitude era, when he was at his peak in-ring and on the mic I think it would be a helluva match.

CobraNightviper
09-11-2011, 10:31 PM
I kind of agree Austin isn't as good as he once was.

68wPayne
09-11-2011, 11:13 PM
I like Austin Aries but I don't think he's at CM Punk's level. Maybe because I haven't seen any of Austin's ROH work, maybe because I think Punk's style of wrestling I enjoy more as it seems more believeable I suppose, I dunno. I really like Austin and think that he could be the next big main eventer that TNA needs to pull them out of their funk. AJ Styles vs Austin Aries for the TNA title would be great to main event a ppv

Tay Moran
09-11-2011, 11:23 PM
I see a lot of similarities between the two...look wise and promo wise. Am I crazy?

in my mind i still picture aries with long hair bc thats what he looked like when i first saw him

CrowOfMurders
09-12-2011, 02:36 AM
I seem him more as the next Y2J than Punk, Punk has been pretty original basing his characters off his SES lifestyle and his "voice of the voiceless" gimmick now. Aries is playing the smug, arrogant classic heel to a "t" and he has the natural charisma to really pull it off. I hope big things for him,and as somebody else mentioned, him and AJ for the title would be an amazing feud.

Y2J___Y2J
09-12-2011, 11:09 AM
It's hard to tell who's better tbh, unless Aries is signed by WWE and givin a push ( Epic )

holgerwich
09-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Punks mic skill is just a hole other league then anybody else IMO, the only other guys that are in that league are Rock and Stone Cold... In ring skill wise, i will have to agree, Aries could be better

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-30-2011, 01:13 PM
Punks mic skill is just a hole other league then anybody else IMO, the only other guys that are in that league are Rock and Stone Cold... In ring skill wise, i will have to agree, Aries could be better

Punk has always been great on the microphone, and like all of the greats he will eventually lose momentum behind his verbal punches. When you deliver material with a golden tongue each an every week it becomes normal, and the fans come to expect it. The shock value ends up leaving that Superstar until' the next dramatic thing happens. As for Austin Aries I have not really seen enough to make an accurate comparison, but he does sort of have his personality... The only things I have seen about Aries is him making sex jokes or just being plain out perverted. Is TNA's image of him being a conceited pervert or is that just him?

Krow132
10-01-2011, 12:42 AM
I do see the similarities honestly. Punk was a trainer in ROH and may have helped Aries out a bit near the beginning. Oh, and for you folks saying Aries is better, let's just say he's never had a five star match. Punk's had two.

Sahu
10-01-2011, 02:40 AM
I seem him more as the next Y2J than Punk, Punk has been pretty original basing his characters off his SES lifestyle and his "voice of the voiceless" gimmick now. Aries is playing the smug, arrogant classic heel to a "t" and he has the natural charisma to really pull it off. I hope big things for him,and as somebody else mentioned, him and AJ for the title would be an amazing feud.

True!! His verbal skills reminds me of young Jericho..n yeah, he n AJ for world title will be a true visual treat..

TNA should push him...enuff of these Kurt/STing/RVD..I mean I respect them..but, enough of them...

Krow132
10-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Aries is better IMO. Hes smooth on the mic and his wrestling skills are kinda better then Punk's wrestling skills but not by a long shot. If Aries was given a main event push, he would be a great main eventer.

By the way, Bryan Danielson vs Austin Aries on ROH Take No Prisoners was definitely a 5 star match. Well, in my opinion anyways. ;)

That match was sick! I agree for the most part, but I've been a punk fan since his ROH days, I didn't hop on the bandwagon, he's always been my favorite so I am a little biased. Never doubt Double A's talent though, Aries is simply great, and in time he could become one of the best, I'm glad he's finally getting his shot on National Television now. I think two years from now if things go the way they are going, I might have to agree Aries is better, but I'm gonna sit back and enjoy both men's work until then.

zapphoman
10-02-2011, 10:46 PM
That match was sick! I agree for the most part, but I've been a punk fan since his ROH days, I didn't hop on the bandwagon, he's always been my favorite so I am a little biased. Never doubt Double A's talent though, Aries is simply great, and in time he could become one of the best, I'm glad he's finally getting his shot on National Television now. I think two years from now if things go the way they are going, I might have to agree Aries is better, but I'm gonna sit back and enjoy both men's work until then.

Truer words have never been spoken. They are both great performers who have had (and are going to have) amazing moments in their careers. I agree to sit back and just enjoy the ride!

BTW your sig was also said by Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects. Great movie. I think it is awesome that CM Punk has also said it.

steveorton
10-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Punk will always be better.

Rich Cranium
10-05-2011, 11:49 AM
I like both and feel it is unfair to side with one or the other. Let's settle it, Punk vs Aries, best 2 out of 3 falls match! Who wants to see this? Raise your hand so I can see you or just speak up so I can hear you.

K2Jelly
10-05-2011, 11:58 AM
I like both and feel it is unfair to side with one or the other. Let's settle it, Punk vs Aries, best 2 out of 3 falls match! Who wants to see this? Raise your hand so I can see you or just speak up so I can hear you.

Ooh! Ooh! Oooh! *raises hand* Pick me! Pick me!