PDA

View Full Version : wwe tribute!

wkbrdrwk15
09-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Hi everyone, this is my very first post. and with 9/11 coming up and everything, one thing i remember is the smackdown episode only a few days after. This was the very first sports gathering after the tragic events. I have always liked the tribute shows, sad we have to have them, but always put together good. This one was no difference. how does everyone else feel, and do you think they will do a tribute monday for the anniversy.

thejman93
09-10-2011, 05:51 PM
I still remember Lilian Garcia totally breaking down on that show.

As far as doing something on RAW goes? Nah, they have too much to hype up for NoC to have a tribute show. I'm sure some guys will reference it in their promos though.

Welcome to the fourms BTW.

broc808
09-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi everyone, this is my very first post. and with 9/11 coming up and everything, one thing i remember is the smackdown episode only a few days after. This was the very first sports gathering after the tragic events. I have always liked the tribute shows, sad we have to have them, but always put together good. This one was no difference. how does everyone else feel, and do you think they will do a tribute monday for the anniversy.

I always liked most of them except the one after osama bin ladens death because I don't think it was worth celebrating as much as people though it was

RKF
09-10-2011, 07:04 PM
bit off the point, but i remember sitting in madison square garden for raw for the 5 year anniversary with my girl. full respect goes out to FDNY and NYPD. God Bless.

monctonvike
09-10-2011, 10:59 PM
I still remember Lilian Garcia totally breaking down on that show.

As far as doing something on RAW goes? Nah, they have too much to hype up for NoC to have a tribute show. I'm sure some guys will reference it in their promos though.

Welcome to the fourms BTW.

...nothing to do with your quote but man oh man the announce table has ortons number

68wPayne
09-10-2011, 11:04 PM
I don't think they will say anything about it just because they don't have a show on it. TNA is having their PPV tomorrow so maybe they will have little cutaway interviews about what it means to them or whatever. If 9/11 happened to fall on a Monday I'm sure they would have the same cutaway candid interview type thing

Rich Cranium
09-10-2011, 11:04 PM
I remember that show. The WWE were one of the first to 'entertain' people after 9/11. The Lillian Garcia moment with all of the talent on stage was emotional as were the segments with talent speaking from their heart. I remember JBL going something like, Afghanistan, we will make a parking lot out of your ass!.

charmingone28
09-10-2011, 11:58 PM
That Smackdown was hard and to this day is still hard to forget. I do applaud Vince and now after getting my ass chewed out Dixie *if she does something hopefully tomorow night* for remembering that day

mika009
09-11-2011, 08:23 AM
...nothing to do with your quote but man oh man the announce table has ortons number

That table got chewed out and fired right after the show was over.

evilgenius780
09-11-2011, 01:42 PM
It was a great thing they did, as for if they will do anything on Raw, I think they will play some sort of tribute, perhaps get Lillian to come in and do the anthem again. I don't see them doing a full tribute episode, but I also doubt they will not do anything at all.