PDA

View Full Version : BFG Series

BlazersDozen
09-10-2011, 12:19 PM
I really hope TNA does this every year. Right now they only have one tradition which is the Destination X match. I really think they need to build more tradition for their company that way they can build to things that feel important. Right now, outside Destination X, all PPVs feel like minor PPVs outside Bound For Glory. If they can keep BFG Series & maybe bring back King Of The Mountain for a PPV then I think it would help their storylines & give them more of a legit feel as they have tradition that means something for the entire roster, not just the world champ, tag champs, KO champ & X Division champ. These things would involve more of the roster.

I just think it'd be an awesome move for TNA to keep this & build some tradition for their company.

BRING BACK KING OF THE MOUNTAIN!

P.S.
Only way they should do this every year is to push an awesome mid carder to the main event. Not to further push guys like Angle.

monctonvike
09-10-2011, 12:51 PM
pssssssssst lockdown every match is in a steel cage

monctonvike
09-10-2011, 12:52 PM
its not a gimmick ppv but slammiversary is kinda like there summer slam

but I 100% agree with you the bfg is awsome hope they do it every year

Y2J___Y2J
09-10-2011, 01:21 PM
If they do have the series every year (it's early to say they'll have it next year) they could even have it for 1 or 2 other PPV's .. who knows..
But it should be used to push younger guys and give them time to get over during their matches.. not be wasted on Bully Ray/Steiner

BlazersDozen
09-10-2011, 01:27 PM
pssssssssst lockdown every match is in a steel cage

Lockdown doesn't have that allure of a tradtional thing IMO. Its just a gimmic PPV. I mean they need things like how WWE has The Royal Rumble, MITB, used to have King Of The Ring

shambo2k9
09-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Lockdown doesn't have that allure of a tradtional thing IMO. Its just a gimmic PPV. I mean they need things like how WWE has The Royal Rumble, MITB, used to have King Of The Ring

this makes no sense, you are technically contradicting yourself. You cant compare one companies tradition to anothers. Lockdown is TNAs traditional PPV its there's no one else (on that scale) that does it. So there for its there own just like the BFG series. If they started doing Rumbles and stuff everyone would just say copycat. Just my opinion. Lockdown is traditional and unique and one of my favorite TNA PPVs.

capn-edu
09-10-2011, 01:52 PM
I love the concept of victory road
but i guess it isnt a big ppv :(

eboy
09-10-2011, 01:54 PM
If they do have the series every year (it's early to say they'll have it next year) they could even have it for 1 or 2 other PPV's .. who knows..
But it should be used to push younger guys and give them time to get over during their matches.. not be wasted on Bully Ray/Steiner

Hey Bully Ray is on the Form of his Career i can see him becoming a main event

yeah i want to see the BFG Series return but this year there where two many side Stories Joe's losing Streak Pope giving Devon Points Joe takes out everyone Jerry Lyn costs RVD the Series Morgan gets fed up with Joe and they go at it

i think the Series would work better as a Straight up wins/loss thing headlining BFG is motive enought without the usual TNA Carbage Can Storylines

eboy
09-10-2011, 01:55 PM

The Concept of VIctory Road Being??

Russo swerve
09-10-2011, 01:58 PM

Im confused I thought victory road was just a normal ppv I guess I missed sumthin

capn-edu
09-10-2011, 02:07 PM
risk my case i just like the name :D

Y2J___Y2J
09-10-2011, 02:31 PM

My point exactly.. TNA are pushing Bully Ray to the main event instead of getting the young guys over and to the main event scene
If they have Bully Ray win the series then there is something very wrong .!!

eboy
09-10-2011, 02:36 PM
My point exactly.. TNA are pushing Bully Ray to the main event instead of getting the young guys over and to the main event scene
If they have Bully Ray win the series then there is something very wrong .!!
TBH Bully Ray, Kurt Angle Jeff Hardy (at times) can go and put on great Match for TNA

But Sunday at No Surrender they decide who challenges The World Champ at Bound for Glory there biggest PPV yet the thing they where pushing on Impact Was Sting vs Ric Flair for the Chance to face Hulk Hogan Really?? Impact Wrestling theres bad Booking and then there is just plain stupid

AOF666
09-10-2011, 03:34 PM

yeah i want to see the BFG Series return but this year there where two many side Stories Joe's losing Streak Pope giving Devon Points Joe takes out everyone Jerry Lyn costs RVD the Series Morgan gets fed up with Joe and they go at it

i think the Series would work better as a Straight up wins/loss thing headlining BFG is motive enought without the usual TNA Carbage Can Storylines

I kinda do like the side stories, in stead of doing the WWE and focus on one story. It gave some of the wrestlers t.v. time.

johnnyvine
09-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Every PPV feels like a minor ppv, except BFG ,because they always have them in the Impact Zone.
Where the crowd is dead except for a few idiots at ringside who always chant "this is awesome, holy shit, or their duel chant "lets go ______insert wrestler and then their opponents name.
Get out of the Impact Zone and make PPV's feel special like they suppose to.
Starting a tradition like the series is a great idea.

gravesismizfan
09-11-2011, 01:25 AM
Imo all these guys can be world champ
So I wouldnt complain who wins
Bully rays character is so over he's good in ring and fantastic on Mic
James storm original he's funny good face and heel great in ring very underrated
Robert roode he's a excellent heel excellent wrestler good face next hhh imo
Gunner great wrestler hardcore in ur face but lacks charisma
I like to see gunner vs Joe or Morgan or crimson

BlazersDozen
09-11-2011, 01:58 AM
this makes no sense, you are technically contradicting yourself. You cant compare one companies tradition to anothers. Lockdown is TNAs traditional PPV its there's no one else (on that scale) that does it. So there for its there own just like the BFG series. If they started doing Rumbles and stuff everyone would just say copycat. Just my opinion. Lockdown is traditional and unique and one of my favorite TNA PPVs.

Those are examples, not suggestions. Reading comprehension FTW

maar13
09-11-2011, 04:31 AM
I think it is a nice concept and if done properly, could bring a fresh main eventer to the scene. I mean from the four that are left, no of them have really had a shot at the top, that is cool, fail or succeed At BFG for the title, you can have someone else right there and see if he can become a house hold name there.

monctonvike
09-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Every PPV feels like a minor ppv, except BFG ,because they always have them in the Impact Zone.
Where the crowd is dead except for a few idiots at ringside who always chant "this is awesome, holy shit, or their duel chant "lets go ______insert wrestler and then their opponents name.
Get out of the Impact Zone and make PPV's feel special like they suppose to.
Starting a tradition like the series is a great idea.

just saying, Lockdown is on the road most years , and slammiversary is usually on the road (except the last 2 years). Again i'm just saying I hate the impactzone too

BlazersDozen
09-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah, the show had a much better feel the past two weeks on the road. A bigger crowd with more reaction & it seemed like some guys performed better because of it, but I still turned it off for Superstars after I saw Anderson & Sting hug...