PDA

View Full Version : Potential tag team?

machoo mann
09-09-2011, 05:25 AM
after about 2-3 months of not seeing action on TV, Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks returned to action as a tag team @Superstars and had rather decent tag match against Percy Watson and Titus O'Neil. They came down to the ring together and had very similar look with the original Gatecrashers when they debuted (Hawkins and Archer). Now when the need of tag teams is great in the 'E, are Hawkins and Reks potential additions to the tag team division? They haven't been in singles action since May (?) eventhough both are extremely talented. I would like to see them in tag team action on regular basis and they desperately need some TV time so I think this is the way to go.

thoughts?

the-rocks-stunner
09-09-2011, 06:29 AM
yeah good idea maybe appear on raw once every 2-3 weeks and have a tag match at a PPV

PandaMassacre
09-09-2011, 06:32 AM
The Gatecrashers! I think you might be right about them. Tyler Reks was that surfer guy, right?

Mikeyboy7777777
09-09-2011, 06:38 AM
feud with the usos and have great tag matches on both raw & smackdown but to be quite honest I want to see reks with mcintyre and hawkins with ryder:P

machoo mann
09-09-2011, 06:56 AM
The Gatecrashers! I think you might be right about them. Tyler Reks was that surfer guy, right?

The Gatecrashers was originally a tag team of Curt Hawkins and Vance Archer. They had a decent run as a tag team but they had Hawkins to turn against Archer after he lost a singles match with Hawkins on the ring side. Archer was later on released. Reks debuted @ECW with the surfer gimmick you mentioned and he had a brief feud with Zack Ryder. Then he disappeared for a while and returned with a darker gimmick. He had a quite impressive run on Superstars but then he had series of matches before WM with Chris Masters which most of them he lost. Hawkins and Reks were about 2-3 months off TV and Hawkins had some sort of beard growing campaign for not being on TV when Reks on the otherhand had his fans tweeting a lot and demanding him on TV.

Marx
09-09-2011, 07:22 AM
I'd like to see this team, and I thought Watson and O'Neil did well so maybe put them together. WWE has quite a lot of young guys running around, so put them together and let them try to do what Edge & Christian and the Hardy Boyz did.. run with it and become a singles competitor.

Dude573
09-09-2011, 08:09 AM
It looks like a good team, but I doubt they will be used very well. Probably only on a superstar basis, the WWE are looking for established midcarders to fill the tag team division, not up coming stars sadly.

sincara
09-09-2011, 09:59 AM
hawkins and ryder
drew and reks :)
wwwyki

Tay Moran
09-09-2011, 10:05 AM
put them together as a jobber tag team and have them lose to the usos a couple times on smackdown to build up the usos and give both teams some tv time , maybe at some point down the line give them a tag title shot

Y2J___Y2J
09-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Hell why not put them in a tag-team.. They're not getting TV time doing anything else