PDA

View Full Version : NXT should be canned and replaced with an hour of all tag teams

OldSchoolHeel
09-09-2011, 02:53 AM
anyone else think that? i also think it would be cool if they scrapped superstars and turned it into an hour of all divas.

The Brown One
09-09-2011, 03:22 AM
anyone else think that? i also think it would be cool if they scrapped superstars and turned it into an hour of all divas.

Bad idea, because you need to have a solid division for a show to be full of it. The Divas and Tagteam division are lacking that. There aren't many credible Divas or tagteams in the WWE right now, and they are in the process of slowly building them back up. So its a bad idea right now. Besides, people would get bored of watching an hour of Divas or Tagteams. They want entertainment and variety too.

Enforcer23
09-09-2011, 03:26 AM

yeah i would not like to see it happen i did jsut watch wee superstars and they had a good tag match with reks and hawkins verse o'neil and watson and i liked that...but an all divas and tag team show nah it just wouldint work

Samuel L. Jackson
09-09-2011, 04:01 AM

....unless it's HLA...

OldSchoolHeel
09-09-2011, 04:03 AM
theres no way you can build either division up the way they are doing now with one 3 minute divas match per show and random tag teams thrown together. i think this is the only way they could make either division credible and eithers belt have any prestige.

so if they created some actual teams and signed a few others and had 3 tag matches in an hour you wouldn't watch? you don't think more people would watch that than this train wreck called nxt week in and week out?

of course there would still be a diva match and tag team match on the other shows but i believe this would give a lot of talent an outlet to shine and make names for themselves. nxt is the worst excuse for an hour programming i can think of.....

The Brown One
09-09-2011, 04:16 AM
Completely agree about NXT being a waste of time. Now that you've explained it in more detail, I can better answer your post. Theres still a problem with having a show with only Divas or Tagteams. Even if it will help build up the divisions, people have to be wanting to watch it. Those of us who really want to see the divisions improve will watch in hopes that it does so. But the casual fan won't neccessarily do that. Not many fans watch Superstars compared to NXT, so I don't see how the new show will deliver either.

If they're going with a Divas or Tagteam - only show, then they also need to give the wrestlers time to speak and develop storylines. Without that, people won't watch. They also need to advertise the shows on Raw and Smackdown, using highlights of the matches the following week, to convince the casual fans that the new shows are worth watching. It seems too impossible an idea to comprehend right now.

Tomsta666
09-09-2011, 04:33 AM
I can't really comment on scrapping NXT cos' i've never watched it, ever.

Superstars is usually only three matches anyway. Two of those matches 90% of the time are one divas and one tagteam match, so what's the problem?

OldSchoolHeel
09-09-2011, 04:44 AM
Completely agree about NXT being a waste of time. Now that you've explained it in more detail, I can better answer your post. Theres still a problem with having a show with only Divas or Tagteams. Even if it will help build up the divisions, people have to be wanting to watch it. Those of us who really want to see the divisions improve will watch in hopes that it does so. But the casual fan won't neccessarily do that. Not many fans watch Superstars compared to NXT, so I don't see how the new show will deliver either.

the casual fan doesn't watch nxt or superstars now anyways though. i imagine nxt would be unbearable for the casual fan.

If they're going with a Divas or Tagteam - only show, then they also need to give the wrestlers time to speak and develop storylines. Without that, people won't watch. They also need to advertise the shows on Raw and Smackdown, using highlights of the matches the following week, to convince the casual fans that the new shows are worth watching. It seems too impossible an idea to comprehend right now.

i agree with all of this. they would have to give them time to develop storylines and cross promote as well which they could do when having a tag team or divas match. they would also have to go out and sign a few talents especially in the divas division which is just dreadful.

but what is the tag team division now anyways? henning/otunga - usos - air boom - miz/truth.....is that about all of it? are the usos still around? they would need to lock a few teams up like MCMG, beer money, KOW, & the briscoes and introducing new talent to the fans through tag teams would help get younger talent in the door.

the wwe divas division is just dreadful, perhaps they can keep their one 3 minute match a show thing going. i like tag team wrestling, i would like to see wwe rebuild theirs somehow and bring back its prestige and make those belts mean something again.

The Brown One
09-09-2011, 05:05 AM
the casual fan doesn't watch nxt or superstars now anyways though. i imagine nxt would be unbearable for the casual fan.

i agree with all of this. they would have to give them time to develop storylines and cross promote as well which they could do when having a tag team or divas match. they would also have to go out and sign a few talents especially in the divas division which is just dreadful.

but what is the tag team division now anyways? henning/otunga - usos - air boom - miz/truth.....is that about all of it? are the usos still around? they would need to lock a few teams up like MCMG, beer money, KOW, & the briscoes and introducing new talent to the fans through tag teams would help get younger talent in the door.

the wwe divas division is just dreadful, perhaps they can keep their one 3 minute match a show thing going. i like tag team wrestling, i would like to see wwe rebuild theirs somehow and bring back its prestige and make those belts mean something again.

Exactly. I think both shows broadcast from the internet. Thats not as effective as having them on tv. They were so terrible that they failed to secure a new tv deal with the channel they were on. Tough Enough has been revived and lasted a season, but thats because it was interesting. It made people want to watch. I think it will get another season too. If another new show popped up on tv, it would get a season, and that would be it, since it would have run out of creativity by the second one. Thats why the WWE need to put more effort into their programming. We see great matches on Superstars, but they need to make it more interesting.

the-rocks-stunner
09-09-2011, 05:29 AM
1 hour show of Regal commentating over backdoor to chyna

OldSchoolHeel
09-09-2011, 05:43 AM
1 hour show of Regal commentating over backdoor to chyna

although i truly enjoy regals commentary on nxt and fcw and believe hes way better than booker t, i still wouldn't be able to bring myself to watch tranny sex.

BlazersDozen
09-09-2011, 08:21 AM
I would rarely watch this show if it were around. I wouldn't care if it had all the tag teams in the world. Yes, at first it would be cool, but later? Later would become boring & stale. Seeing the same matches again and again is just boring. I don't care if there's a different outcome. Eventually in the same match type, eventually you'll run out of ways to be creative & begin to recycle. At least with one or two tag matches a show, the rycycling would be put off for a long long time.

Also, how dare you want to can the show where William Regal goes over young talent! HOW...DARE...YOU!

bladesyGTS
09-09-2011, 08:29 AM
^^ what he said! legend!

bladesyGTS
09-09-2011, 08:42 AM
although i truly enjoy regals commentary on nxt and fcw and believe hes way better than booker t, i still wouldn't be able to bring myself to watch tranny sex.
much rather watch backdoor to chyna over a john cena match....

VanHooliganX
09-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Bad idea, because you need to have a solid division for a show to be full of it. The Divas and Tagteam division are lacking that. There aren't many credible Divas or tagteams in the WWE right now, and they are in the process of slowly building them back up. So its a bad idea right now. Besides, people would get bored of watching an hour of Divas or Tagteams. They want entertainment and variety too.

The quoted was basically what I was going to say.

OldSchoolHeel
09-29-2011, 03:27 AM
I would rarely watch this show if it were around. I wouldn't care if it had all the tag teams in the world. Yes, at first it would be cool, but later? Later would become boring & stale.

im just going to point out that NXt is in week 30 now and has a 4 man roster. :-/