PDA

View Full Version : Call Out to all TNA Fans

Peter Kaymakcian
09-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Most of you go around here complaining that people on these boards complain about TNA, but in my research you never give us a legitimate reason as to why are complaints are wrong. Here is a list of my complaints about TNA:
1.) WWF and WCW guys getting more titles shots and actually holding the TNA World Title more times then TNA Originals
2.) Hogan, Bischoff, Flair, and Sting getting so much air time over the younger guys
3.) A TNA Original not having a World Title shot since Abyss challenged RVD for the title over a year ago
4.) The use of Samoa Joe and Pope
5.) Newly hired WWE Superstars superceding Homegrown TNA talent
6.) Dropping storylines with no explaination like Samoa Joe getting kidnapped by ninjas
7.) Their constant creation of stables like Fortune, Immortal, and Mexican-America
8.) The size of their roster with only one show
9.) Rivalries just getting drop for no reason like how Angle joins Immortal even though he "hates" Jeff for marrying his ex-wife
10.) The way they break up tag teams for no reason like LAX

If anyone else has anymore to add please feel free to.

monctonvike
09-08-2011, 11:01 PM
I have never said that there aren't legitimate issues in TNA. For me personally, its that it just seems no matter what TNA does people freak out and crap all over it. Its almost like its an "in" thing to do. I watch TNA every week, some weeks are better than others. Sometimes the stories are dumb or matches don't end the way I would have booked it so to speak. Most weeks I get to see some the best pro wrestlers in the world preform on TV in some pretty good, or outright awsome matches. I wish there was less talking, but I can say I don't mind most of it. I am usually entertained. I could copy and paste this and substitute tna with wwe and feel the exact same way. I love them both and I am always gonna watch both.

AlexWorldOrder
09-08-2011, 11:04 PM
They're Finally bringing the show on the road, and people are still bitching about Samoa Joe's abduction?!!??!!

capn-edu
09-08-2011, 11:06 PM
They're Finally bringing the show on the road, and people are still bitching about Samoa Joe's abduction?!!??!!

so, who you?

HCollins-TNA1
09-08-2011, 11:13 PM
so, who you?

I have gave reasons on a number of occasions....
Let just say that....Size matters, age matters, and numbers don't lie....

Rich Cranium
09-08-2011, 11:21 PM
I have gave reasons on a number of occasions....
Let just say that....Size matters, age matters, and numbers don't lie....

You too can cruise with TNA! TNA Coastal Chaos Cruise!

TNA Stars that will set sail:
Mr. Anderson,Fortune ("The Phenomenal" AJ Styles, Beer Money and Kazarian),TNA Knockout Velvet Sky, "King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett & Karen Jarrett, X Division Star Chris Sabin ….Plus more names to be announced

HCollins-TNA1
09-08-2011, 11:28 PM
You too can cruise with TNA! TNA Coastal Chaos Cruise!

TNA Stars that will set sail:
Mr. Anderson,Fortune ("The Phenomenal" AJ Styles, Beer Money and Kazarian),TNA Knockout Velvet Sky, "King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett & Karen Jarrett, X Division Star Chris Sabin ….Plus more names to be announced
A 3 hour cruise with Velvet wouldn't be bad as long as the Skipper and Gilligan are driving or captains the boat....

capn-edu
09-08-2011, 11:29 PM
A 3 hour cruise with Velvet wouldn't be bad as long as the Skipper and Gilligan are driving or captains the boat....

take pictures of you and velvet and your cruise may last forever :D

The Brown One
09-09-2011, 01:06 AM
11) They won't provide health insurance for their talent. This is outrageous, especially if their wrestlers get injured.
12) They won't provide accommodation to the Impact Zone. This really takes a toll on their wrestler's wallets, especially when you take into account the fact that they don't get paid as much as they should
13) Their best talent gets paid as much as midcard talents in the WWE
14) They dropped the ball on Gen Me, Beer Money and MCMG
15) They say they give the fans what they want, and fans have wanted the "6 sides" - style ring back for a long time for some reason, and we only got to see it once, at the Destination X PPV
16) Whenever a new WWE upper-midcarder or maineventer comes to TNA, they make them their world champion within a month - Mr Anderson, Jeff Hardy, RVD
17) Wrestling doesn't matter as much as it should. Their new slogan is bullshit. We see more talking than we do wrestling
18) They push people that we don't give a shit about - Gunner, Crimson, Robbie E, Mexican America
19) They have trouble building new stars (the only new ones they have built are the above, and even they are not very interesting
20) Numerous wrestlers have had problems in the past:
* Kurt Angle - DUI
* Jeff Hardy - Drug trafficking
* Ric Flair - DUI and money problems
* Matt Hardy - Not sure, but I know hes either an alcoholic or a druggie

Danielle20SxE
09-09-2011, 01:17 AM
I like TNA.

IrkenInvader
09-09-2011, 01:19 AM
Fuck your originals. If they aren't as good as the WWE guys then they shouldn't get title shots.

SilverGhost
09-09-2011, 01:20 AM
LOLTNA

10chars

SilverGhost
09-09-2011, 01:28 AM
Here is a list of my complaints about TNA:
1.) WWF and WCW guys getting more titles shots and actually holding the TNA World Title more times then TNA Originals
2.) Hogan, Bischoff, Flair, and Sting getting so much air time over the younger guys
3.) A TNA Original not having a World Title shot since Abyss challenged RVD for the title over a year ago
6.) Dropping storylines with no explaination like Samoa Joe getting kidnapped by ninjas
7.) Their constant creation of stables like Fortune, Immortal, and Mexican-America
9.) Rivalries just getting drop for no reason like how Angle joins Immortal even though he "hates" Jeff for marrying his ex-wife
10.) The way they break up tag teams for no reason like LAX.

11) They won't provide health insurance for their talent. This is outrageous, especially if their wrestlers get injured.
12) They won't provide accommodation to the Impact Zone. This really takes a toll on their wrestler's wallets, especially when you take into account the fact that they don't get paid as much as they should
15) They say they give the fans what they want, and fans have wanted the "6 sides" - style ring back for a long time for some reason, and we only got to see it once, at the Destination X PPV
16) Whenever a new WWE upper-midcarder or maineventer comes to TNA, they make them their world champion within a month - Mr Anderson, Jeff Hardy, RVD
17) Wrestling doesn't matter as much as it should. Their new slogan is bullshit. We see more talking than we do wrestling
18) They push people that we don't give a shit about - Gunner, Crimson, Robbie E, Mexican America
19) They have trouble building new stars (the only new ones they have built are the above, and even they are not very interesting
* Kurt Angle - DUI

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpznxoH3D41qcfbw1o1_500.jpg

The Brown One
09-09-2011, 01:33 AM
I like TNA.

I do too. Well some parts of it.
http://www.allwrestlingdivas.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Talia-Madison-Velvet-Sky-wwe-diva-5.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpznxoH3D41qcfbw1o1_500.jpg

Thankyou my friend, thankyou.

SilverGhost
09-09-2011, 01:44 AM
When they....

-STFU about pointless stuff
-Get rid of BischHoganUsso
-Push New and Original talents
-Putting stuff that makes sense
-More writers

Maybe I'll watch it...

AlexWorldOrder
09-09-2011, 02:01 AM
There's probably only 30% right about these "facts". God can show up on earth and tell you TNA is good, and youll just claim he's not really God.

THE_CRIPPLER
09-09-2011, 02:01 AM
Well im gonna be honest here...... How much TNA pays their Wrestlers doesnt make it any less or more fun to watch.... What kinda insurance they have or if they do doesnt effect the TV product what so ever....

The problem with TNA is cause its terrible....You dont know who is Heel or face, and some people Change from heel to face and from side to side several times per Week and its confusing..... Sting doesnt not belong in the Main Event at all, Sting has not had a decent match in Several years but they put him in the Main Event of their PPVs month after month having bad matches.... TNA has no common sence in Putting the title on Hardy after he was in no condition to wrestle and having terrible matches... When you find your Champ passed out in the locker room before his match, you replace him or take the title off him, you dont have him carried out to the ring every PPV..... Hogan has no bussiness to be on TV... they are just rehashing Old WWE storylines, how many times can they do the montreal Screw Job in TNA?....... The whole Abyss and the Magic HOF ring reminds me of Hogan and Evad Sullivan except Evad and Hogans storyline made much more sence.

Its simply crap after crap after crap, and the fans excuse is "Well WWE has bad storylines too" Yess but they are not main event storylines and they are not fighting for the comptions HOF ring to give them Super powers.

TNA had carved a decent name for them self, Once Dixie got the company it was done, it is bad choice after bad choice..... Bubba the Love sponge, Going Monday nights, bringing in half the talent they broought in in the past 2 years all mistakes.... Hell they were having the Nasty Boys as a legit Tag Team Threat, Brian Knobs cant even Walk.

AlexWorldOrder
09-09-2011, 02:06 AM
Is this thread from 2009/2010???

The Brown One
09-09-2011, 02:16 AM
Well im gonna be honest here...... How much TNA pays their Wrestlers doesnt make it any less or more fun to watch.... What kinda insurance they have or if they do doesnt effect the TV product what so ever....

The problem with TNA is cause its terrible....You dont know who is Heel or face, and some people Change from heel to face and from side to side several times per Week and its confusing..... Sting doesnt not belong in the Main Event at all, Sting has not had a decent match in Several years but they put him in the Main Event of their PPVs month after month having bad matches.... TNA has no common sence in Putting the title on Hardy after he was in no condition to wrestle and having terrible matches... When you find your Champ passed out in the locker room before his match, you replace him or take the title off him, you dont have him carried out to the ring every PPV..... Hogan has no bussiness to be on TV... they are just rehashing Old WWE storylines, how many times can they do the montreal Screw Job in TNA?....... The whole Abyss and the Magic HOF ring reminds me of Hogan and Evad Sullivan except Evad and Hogans storyline made much more sence.

Its simply crap after crap after crap, and the fans excuse is "Well WWE has bad storylines too" Yess but they are not main event storylines and they are not fighting for the comptions HOF ring to give them Super powers.

TNA had carved a decent name for them self, Once Dixie got the company it was done, it is bad choice after bad choice..... Bubba the Love sponge, Going Monday nights, bringing in half the talent they broought in in the past 2 years all mistakes.... Hell they were having the Nasty Boys as a legit Tag Team Threat, Brian Knobs cant even Walk.

Good way to put it. I like how you focused on the wrestling/entertainment side of the product. Unfortunately I see them doing the same old thing until Russo leaves, which won't be for years.

THE_CRIPPLER
09-09-2011, 02:33 AM
Good way to put it. I like how you focused on the wrestling/entertainment side of the product. Unfortunately I see them doing the same old thing until Russo leaves, which won't be for years.

I dont see why people keep Going nuts about Bishoff being in TNA, I really dont think Bishoff has any power in TNA for pushing or hiring and firing, i think he just does production for the company with backstage segments and production quailty, him and Wayne from Wonder Years..... Russo is the problem and the rest of the creative not Bishoff, I agree 100 percent With you.

Samuel L. Jackson
09-09-2011, 03:39 AM
What if being "sub-par" IS their gimmick?

CrowOfMurders
09-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Most of you go around here complaining that people on these boards complain about TNA, but in my research you never give us a legitimate reason as to why are complaints are wrong. Here is a list of my complaints about TNA:

If anyone else has anymore to add please feel free to.

Sure, I'll bite:

This is gonna be long,so whoever wants to bitch about length,doesn't have to read it, don't need the snarky "TLDR" comments

1) TNA gives title shots to former WCW/WWE guys,so the fuck wat? Daniel Bryan is an ROH guy,he's got a title shot, so was CM Punk,and neither did he have to wait years to get his first title shot AND win. On the other hand, deserving guys lik CHRISTIAN finally get the title after being in the company for years and having one of the strongest in-ring and promo regimen and yet are still disrespected. TNA title shots to new talent works on a number of levels, mostly being related to ENTERTAINING it's audience:
-Fresh WWE/WCW talent means changing up the title scene, and introducing new players,that keeps their title picture more interesting. The way people bitch about it,you'd think they'd rather just have AJ/Joe/Jarrett/Daniels in the title picture....ALL the FUCKING time. One of WWE's biggest criticisms is how Cena and Orton are ALWAYS carrying the title, atleast TNA offers some variety. The Originals will be back in the picture,just wait and see.
-Opportunities for wasted talents,remember Christian mentioned above?He got a title shot in TNA AND won the title,and worked a high profile program with Sting as well as alot of other top names,in WWE before he left,he was a creepy little crybaby bastard,some can even argue that his TNA world title win kinda raised his value in his future WWE stint. Even if they wont acknowledge TNA,once a world champion,these guys use that in their contract negotiatons especially in the smaller companies. R-Truth, who's had title shots in WWE,also a former TNA champ,who was in a shitty tag team and eventually released from WWE. Mr.Anderson,former IWC lovechild,only won the title a couple months back,despite being in the company for almost a year. Jeff Hardy didn't get the title right away either, he was in a couple of high profile feuds,and made a significant heel turn(1st in his career,pseudo wwe turn doesnt count) before he got his title ala. NWO style. BOTTOM LINE. There's still plenty of guys that arent handed the title right away, Morgan never won the title, Kendrick FINALLY got the x-div title now,Dudleys havent gotten the world title,neither has Matt Hardy. TNA has given the title to alot of ex WWE guys, but they've either deserved it for a long time or there was a storyline significance to it. TNA has treated former midcard WWE guys with alot more respect after they've given back to the business and saw the potential in alot of guys that WWE dropped the ball on. and ex-WCW guys? in the passed 3-4 years,who'd they give the title to besides Sting? He's a fucking living legend and adds his name,gimmick and credibility to TNA, he deserves it and still wrestles a decent match for how active he is, unlike 11month vacation Undertaker,so really all the Sting haters need to stfu
-Plenty of TNA originals have held the title, including AJ Styles,Jeff Jarrett,Samoa Joe,Abyss and others no longer with the company,theres nothing saying they won't ever hold the title again.

2)If TNA originals can cut better promos and hook an audience they are more than welcome. Theres a reason why alot of old skool guys still have alot to offer. I agree that Hogan is getting annoying,but the Sting/Flair portions of the promos are still gold. Steiner is also a fantastic guy on the mike. I remember a few months back before Morgan got injured, Hogan was talking about how they need to build Morgan to go toe-to-toe with guys like Steiner on the mike. He talked about how Steiner called him a piece of crap and slept with his wife,Morgan was talking about how much he respected Steiner. He should've been talking about how he's over a foot taller than him and can crush him with his boot. That comment by Hogan exemplifies why the older talent is still valuable in TNA and the WWE,the old skool guys need to help these younger guys really develop their aggression and engage an audience. Until some people really step up, I have no problem with keeping them around,but I agree that they shouldn't be the main event storyline,taking up a huge amt of air time. However saying they have no place at all is a huge slap to wrestling legacy.

3) The way I look at it. They just acquired a number of big name talents and got Sting to stick around for a while longer. I'm sure Title clauses are parts of all of their contracts(especially RVDouche). This passed year has been about trying to get nonTNA talent to raise the profile of the company. That's why RVD got the title from AJ(huge mistake imo tho) and Hardy got it after it was vacated. After his drug fiasco they wanted to raise Anderson to the main event,which his feud mocking Sting definitely did. Sting is the go-to guy,the Legendary face of TNA,so that's why they keep giving him the title,because Sting still sells. They're lacking a major heel,so they turned Angle. it's pretty simple. Does it suck that no originals are in the title picture, YES. They BFG tournament was a great way to showcase the originals tho, it allowed for alot of great dream matches and potentials for new rivalries. This year's BFG might be a great fresh start,and I'm hoping to see AJ/Joe/Kaz/Daniels at the top soon.

4) How they're using Samoa Joe sucks, but so does how WWE's using Bryan, so did how they used Punk til he threatened to quit. Joe's been buried,but atleast he's in a somewat storyline rt now,and he's turning back into a monster,how is this direction bad? Pope kinda fizzled out, the Joe-Pope rivalry just killed each guy's appeal,but im not heartbroken over Pope,maybe one day he'll be main event,but he's a fine midcard guy right now.

5)Reasons covered above, ANY talent,if they have something to offer,deserve the chance. It sucks when TNA talent get dropped,but sometimes you need fresh blood to keep things interesting. TNA has always been a revolving door and things change all the time. Right now(especially with the BFG) there's a great balance b/w originals and newer talents

6)WWE drops storylines all the time, every fucking wrestlign organization has always done so. It's a part of the business,sucks for fans who were into a particular story at the time. But it's nothing new,so stop bitching about a practice done by everyone. And some times,it's for the better,there's some terrible ideas in wrestling. BTW,the ninja thing happened almost a year ago,why the fuck are people still complaining about it? Didn't Taker get abducted by terrorsts? Go bitch on a WWE board about that.

7) Stables? see Nexus/Corre/SES/Air Boom/McG and Otunga. All terrible fucking ideas in the end. Fortune is actually entertaining, I like the fact that Styles,Kaz,Daniels and Beer Money are in a originals stable. Immortal is a joke,I love the combo of Bully Ray Steiner and the others tho,hate the name. Mexican America is a great heel team,just wish Anarquia isn't in it. Love the addition of Sarita and Rosita. Stables happen, TNA doesn't have the ridiculous amounts of stables and once Immortal vs. Fortune is done for good,they can move on. Some of the matches were pretty great tho.

8) They have a rotating door with guys coming and going all the time. Atleast you get to see alot of guys you wouldn't be able to see if not for TNA,they do need another show tho.

9) They gave a reason, Dixie lied to Angle about knowing about Jarrett's affair. Is it a good reason? Nope. This is the dumbest developement,but in the end, TNA needs a new top heel. Enter Angle. Let's see how this text message fiasco ends, you might have people bitching about Cena/HHH/Punk if the storyline gets stupid.

10) They wanted to give Hernandez a singles push, they did,he went to Mexico,came back,they wanted a LAX II enter Mexican America, see how logic works? Are you gonna bitch in a year about them breaking up Beer Money? Or are you pissed about Alex Shelley feuding in the Xdiv(psst,Sabin's injured) Breaking up tagteams is good,sometimes you get a breakout star which was the idea with Hernandez and what they want with Roode. It's how we got Edge,HBK and plenty of others. If it doesn't work they can always come back together.

The Brown One
09-09-2011, 05:57 AM
Sure, I'll bite:

This is gonna be long,so whoever wants to bitch about length,doesn't have to read it, don't need the snarky "TLDR" comments

7) Stables? see Nexus/Corre/SES/Air Boom/McG and Otunga. All terrible fucking ideas in the end. Fortune is actually entertaining, I like the fact that Styles,Kaz,Daniels and Beer Money are in a originals stable. Immortal is a joke,I love the combo of Bully Ray Steiner and the others tho,hate the name. Mexican America is a great heel team,just wish Anarquia isn't in it. Love the addition of Sarita and Rosita. Stables happen, TNA doesn't have the ridiculous amounts of stables and once Immortal vs. Fortune is done for good,they can move on. Some of the matches were pretty great tho

Nice points made. But I just wanted to adress the above. Air Boom and MCG/Otunga aren't stables. They are tagteams. Theres a difference. Fortune is a stable. Immortal is a stable. Stables are bigger. One of the big problems with TNA is that they constantly have the idea of making a stable. Then they do the same storyline: A face stable gets formed from guys who happened to be pissed off and want to take down the heel stable, and so they enter into a feud, which ends with a clusterfuck match or fizzles out. TNA isn't the best for doing stables. Fortune is entertaining, thats true, but most of TNA's stables have been TERRIBLE ideas. When The Nexus (the original one) was on tv, people were tuning in to see what they did next. They fizzled out eventually, due to guys getting injured/dropped from the stable, but they gave us some great entertainment for a while. TNA doesn't do that often with their stables. Immortal has been a joke since it started - its big reveal was a huge letdown, and every week they're in the ring its just boring. They did it right with Fortune, since they can wrestle and entertain very well, but the rest of them in recent memory have been horrible.

monctonvike
09-09-2011, 06:25 AM
I dont see why people keep Going nuts about Bishoff being in TNA, I really dont think Bishoff has any power in TNA for pushing or hiring and firing, i think he just does production for the company with backstage segments and production quailty, him and Wayne from Wonder Years..... Russo is the problem and the rest of the creative not Bishoff, I agree 100 percent With you.

I don't think Hogan, has any real power either, seems like like they are riding out his contract. Since he took a pay cut after taking three months off of work, for his back, the only stories about hogan being involved, in the back is talent relations ie helping bobby rude with promo's or relaying info to angle during the jarrett and angle storyline. I think he goes to big meetings, this site reported he does nothing with the creative aspect of the on screen product

CrowOfMurders
09-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Nice points made. But I just wanted to adress the above. Air Boom and MCG/Otunga aren't stables. They are tagteams. Theres a difference. Fortune is a stable. Immortal is a stable. Stables are bigger. One of the big problems with TNA is that they constantly have the idea of making a stable. Then they do the same storyline: A face stable gets formed from guys who happened to be pissed off and want to take down the heel stable, and so they enter into a feud, which ends with a clusterfuck match or fizzles out. TNA isn't the best for doing stables. Fortune is entertaining, thats true, but most of TNA's stables have been TERRIBLE ideas. When The Nexus (the original one) was on tv, people were tuning in to see what they did next. They fizzled out eventually, due to guys getting injured/dropped from the stable, but they gave us some great entertainment for a while. TNA doesn't do that often with their stables. Immortal has been a joke since it started - its big reveal was a huge letdown, and every week they're in the ring its just boring. They did it right with Fortune, since they can wrestle and entertain very well, but the rest of them in recent memory have been horrible.

Thanks,the OP included Mexican America(really more of a tag team) in that point so I thought I'd lump it in to include tag teams and stables that have been pretty terrible. I also agree that TNA stables haven't always been great. However, the TNA version KOW,Planet Jarrett,SEX, 3Live Cru,Main Event Mafia,and Fortune have all been pretty good. TNA stables I hated included EV2.0 and Immortal,even though i think Immortal w/o Hogan and Flair and a name change can still work. Nexus lost it's credibility as soon as Bryan was fired for choking a guy w/ a tie,stables lose that unpredictablity in the PGera. They were just Cena jobbers and Corre was a bigger joke. I think it's unfair to single TNA out when every wrestling company has had hit and miss stables. What I actually like about TNA is that they make an attempt to make the best out of a negative. Immortal right now would be even worse if it was Hogan doing all their promos,having BRay be the mouth of Immortal now lets them effectively use his heel heat. Nexus was just painful to watch,even when they added punk,instead of raising Punk's appeal,it lowered Punk into their jobber category and he jobbed to Orton at 3 straight PPVs. Also,when Nash and Booker bailed to WWE(killing any chance of MEM revival),the Fortune face turn let the TNA originals really shine and cut down the mega size of Immortal at the time. No one really appreciates the good things TNA does,they're not perfect but they do surprise you pleasantly at times. What annoys me the most is that people are still complaining about things from a year ago or even older. Mostly it seems like people who haven't watched in a while just bashing it for no reason.

monctonvike
09-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Sure, I'll bite:

1) TNA gives title shots to former WCW/WWE guys,so the fuck wat? Daniel Bryan is an ROH guy,he's got a title shot, so was CM Punk,and neither did he have to wait years to get his first title shot AND win. On the other hand, deserving guys lik CHRISTIAN finally get the title after being in the company for years and having one of the strongest in-ring and promo regimen and yet are still disrespected. TNA title shots to new talent works on a number of levels, mostly being related to ENTERTAINING it's audience:
-Fresh WWE/WCW talent means changing up the title scene, and introducing new players,that keeps their title picture more interesting. The way people bitch about it,you'd think they'd rather just have AJ/Joe/Jarrett/Daniels in the title picture....ALL the FUCKING time. One of WWE's biggest criticisms is how Cena and Orton are ALWAYS carrying the title, atleast TNA offers some variety. The Originals will be back in the picture,just wait and see.
-Opportunities for wasted talents,remember Christian mentioned above?He got a title shot in TNA AND won the title,and worked a high profile program with Sting as well as alot of other top names,in WWE before he left,he was a creepy little crybaby bastard,some can even argue that his TNA world title win kinda raised his value in his future WWE stint. Even if they wont acknowledge TNA,once a world champion,these guys use that in their contract negotiatons especially in the smaller companies. R-Truth, who's had title shots in WWE,also a former TNA champ,who was in a shitty tag team and eventually released from WWE. Mr.Anderson,former IWC lovechild,only won the title a couple months back,despite being in the company for almost a year. Jeff Hardy didn't get the title right away either, he was in a couple of high profile feuds,and made a significant heel turn(1st in his career,pseudo wwe turn doesnt count) before he got his title ala. NWO style. BOTTOM LINE. There's still plenty of guys that arent handed the title right away, Morgan never won the title, Kendrick FINALLY got the x-div title now,Dudleys havent gotten the world title,neither has Matt Hardy. TNA has given the title to alot of ex WWE guys, but they've either deserved it for a long time or there was a storyline significance to it. TNA has treated former midcard WWE guys with alot more respect after they've given back to the business and saw the potential in alot of guys that WWE dropped the ball on. and ex-WCW guys? in the passed 3-4 years,who'd they give the title to besides Sting? He's a fucking living legend and adds his name,gimmick and credibility to TNA, he deserves it and still wrestles a decent match for how active he is, unlike 11month vacation Undertaker,so really all the Sting haters need to stfu
-Plenty of TNA originals have held the title, including AJ Styles,Jeff Jarrett,Samoa Joe,Abyss and others no longer with the company,theres nothing saying they won't ever hold the title again.

2)If TNA originals can cut better promos and hook an audience they are more than welcome. Theres a reason why alot of old skool guys still have alot to offer. I agree that Hogan is getting annoying,but the Sting/Flair portions of the promos are still gold. Steiner is also a fantastic guy on the mike. I remember a few months back before Morgan got injured, Hogan was talking about how they need to build Morgan to go toe-to-toe with guys like Steiner on the mike. He talked about how Steiner called him a piece of crap and slept with his wife,Morgan was talking about how much he respected Steiner. He should've been talking about how he's over a foot taller than him and can crush him with his boot. That comment by Hogan exemplifies why the older talent is still valuable in TNA and the WWE,the old skool guys need to help these younger guys really develop their aggression and engage an audience. Until some people really step up, I have no problem with keeping them around,but I agree that they shouldn't be the main event storyline,taking up a huge amt of air time. However saying they have no place at all is a huge slap to wrestling legacy.

3) The way I look at it. They just acquired a number of big name talents and got Sting to stick around for a while longer. I'm sure Title clauses are parts of all of their contracts(especially RVDouche). This passed year has been about trying to get nonTNA talent to raise the profile of the company. That's why RVD got the title from AJ(huge mistake imo tho) and Hardy got it after it was vacated. After his drug fiasco they wanted to raise Anderson to the main event,which his feud mocking Sting definitely did. Sting is the go-to guy,the Legendary face of TNA,so that's why they keep giving him the title,because Sting still sells. They're lacking a major heel,so they turned Angle. it's pretty simple. Does it suck that no originals are in the title picture, YES. They BFG tournament was a great way to showcase the originals tho, it allowed for alot of great dream matches and potentials for new rivalries. This year's BFG might be a great fresh start,and I'm hoping to see AJ/Joe/Kaz/Daniels at the top soon.

4) How they're using Samoa Joe sucks, but so does how WWE's using Bryan, so did how they used Punk til he threatened to quit. Joe's been buried,but atleast he's in a somewat storyline rt now,and he's turning back into a monster,how is this direction bad? Pope kinda fizzled out, the Joe-Pope rivalry just killed each guy's appeal,but im not heartbroken over Pope,maybe one day he'll be main event,but he's a fine midcard guy right now.

5)Reasons covered above, ANY talent,if they have something to offer,deserve the chance. It sucks when TNA talent get dropped,but sometimes you need fresh blood to keep things interesting. TNA has always been a revolving door and things change all the time. Right now(especially with the BFG) there's a great balance b/w originals and newer talents

6)WWE drops storylines all the time, every fucking wrestlign organization has always done so. It's a part of the business,sucks for fans who were into a particular story at the time. But it's nothing new,so stop bitching about a practice done by everyone. And some times,it's for the better,there's some terrible ideas in wrestling. BTW,the ninja thing happened almost a year ago,why the fuck are people still complaining about it? Didn't Taker get abducted by terrorsts? Go bitch on a WWE board about that.

7) Stables? see Nexus/Corre/SES/Air Boom/McG and Otunga. All terrible fucking ideas in the end. Fortune is actually entertaining, I like the fact that Styles,Kaz,Daniels and Beer Money are in a originals stable. Immortal is a joke,I love the combo of Bully Ray Steiner and the others tho,hate the name. Mexican America is a great heel team,just wish Anarquia isn't in it. Love the addition of Sarita and Rosita. Stables happen, TNA doesn't have the ridiculous amounts of stables and once Immortal vs. Fortune is done for good,they can move on. Some of the matches were pretty great tho.

8) They have a rotating door with guys coming and going all the time. Atleast you get to see alot of guys you wouldn't be able to see if not for TNA,they do need another show tho.

9) They gave a reason, Dixie lied to Angle about knowing about Jarrett's affair. Is it a good reason? Nope. This is the dumbest developement,but in the end, TNA needs a new top heel. Enter Angle. Let's see how this text message fiasco ends, you might have people bitching about Cena/HHH/Punk if the storyline gets stupid.

10) They wanted to give Hernandez a singles push, they did,he went to Mexico,came back,they wanted a LAX II enter Mexican America, see how logic works? Are you gonna bitch in a year about them breaking up Beer Money? Or are you pissed about Alex Shelley feuding in the Xdiv(psst,Sabin's injured) Breaking up tagteams is good,sometimes you get a breakout star which was the idea with Hernandez and what they want with Roode. It's how we got Edge,HBK and plenty of others. If it doesn't work they can always come back together.

Simply put,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCdQotYaDRs very well done!

monctonvike
09-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Thanks,the OP included Mexican America(really more of a tag team) in that point so I thought I'd lump it in to include tag teams and stables that have been pretty terrible. I also agree that TNA stables haven't always been great. However, the TNA version KOW,Planet Jarrett,SEX, 3Live Cru,Main Event Mafia,and Fortune have all been pretty good. TNA stables I hated included EV2.0 and Immortal,even though i think Immortal w/o Hogan and Flair and a name change can still work. Nexus lost it's credibility as soon as Bryan was fired for choking a guy w/ a tie,stables lose that unpredictablity in the PGera. They were just Cena jobbers and Corre was a bigger joke. I think it's unfair to single TNA out when every wrestling company has had hit and miss stables. What I actually like about TNA is that they make an attempt to make the best out of a negative. Immortal right now would be even worse if it was Hogan doing all their promos,having BRay be the mouth of Immortal now lets them effectively use his heel heat. Nexus was just painful to watch,even when they added punk,instead of raising Punk's appeal,it lowered Punk into their jobber category and he jobbed to Orton at 3 straight PPVs. Also,when Nash and Booker bailed to WWE(killing any chance of MEM revival),the Fortune face turn let the TNA originals really shine and cut down the mega size of Immortal at the time. No one really appreciates the good things TNA does,they're not perfect but they do surprise you pleasantly at times. What annoys me the most is that people are still complaining about things from a year ago or even older. Mostly it seems like people who haven't watched in a while just bashing it for no reason.

I thought the show was awsome last night

The Brown One
09-09-2011, 07:12 AM

Agreed about the hit and miss idea. Both the 2 major companies have had their share of good and bad moments involving stables. I'm also glad that TNA are using Bully Ray well. I didn't think he was a credible challenger to the world title, but over the last few months hes proved that he is. However, I disagree that his last man standing match with AJ at a PPV (the name escapes me sorry) was overated. It was good, but not great. But I want to see a year in both companies where stables work out well e.g. they break up and feud, and move onto bigger things.

monctonvike
09-09-2011, 07:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCOLUhmvAt0
Agreed about the hit and miss idea. Both the 2 major companies have had their share of good and bad moments involving stables. I'm also glad that TNA are using Bully Ray well. I didn't think he was a credible challenger to the world title, but over the last few months hes proved that he is. However, I disagree that his last man standing match with AJ at a PPV (the name escapes me sorry) was overated. It was good, but not great. But I want to see a year in both companies where stables work out well e.g. they break up and feud, and move onto bigger things.

I thought aj vs bully ray told a great story in the ring, I would put it in the top 10 matches in 2011 so far

wrestlingfan66513
09-09-2011, 08:13 AM
* Kurt Angle - DUI

A lot to take on so I will do a little at a time. They don't make anywhere near as much as WWE so they can't afford it. Gen. Me I agree with, but Beer Money has been great and Roode getting a singles push and title shot will end that home grown talent not getting the belt thing and Roode is interesting and he's getting a push. MCMG, Sabin's injured. They aren't pushing Robbie E really and Crimson is starting to turn out good. Gunner will get better as a heel when Immortal breaks up. I hate Mexican America though. As for interesting people being pushed, the British Invasion are a really good tag team, Austin Aries an amazing heel, Jesse Sorensen and Kid Kash feud is really good, and Bully Ray is a great heel. Why does WWE keep letting King get back in the ring, why is Kelly Kelly champ? Its the same both ways. For the last question, everyone has problems all around in every company. The Hardys had a lot of problems in their WWE days.

Bodom
09-09-2011, 08:23 AM
I've been wondering about something. Is AJ Styles still the future of TNA? He's been there for 10 years.

Russo swerve
09-09-2011, 08:33 AM
I've been wondering about something. Is AJ Styles still the future of TNA? He's been there for 10 years.

Thats a good question

Russo swerve
09-09-2011, 08:39 AM
All of thse reasons doesnt change the fact that tna sucks
Sure, I'll bite:

dub
09-09-2011, 09:25 AM
How about, Putting Desmond Wolfe in one of the greatest rivalries I have seen in a loooooong time with Kurt Angle (It seems like everytime they got in the ring it was 5 stars) Only to have him fade into OBLIVION a few months later?!?!?!?!? HUH?!?!?!?

Bodom
09-09-2011, 09:36 AM
How about, Putting Desmond Wolfe in one of the greatest rivalries I have seen in a loooooong time with Kurt Angle (It seems like everytime they got in the ring it was 5 stars) Only to have him fade into OBLIVION a few months later?!?!?!?!? HUH?!?!?!?

From what I hear around that time Desmond had an attitude problem. So it wasn't fully a case of TNA dropping the ball with him. Don't forget either that Desmond developed a medical condition that prevented him from competing in the ring and is still affected by that condition to this day.

HCollins-TNA1
09-09-2011, 09:37 AM
All of thse reasons doesnt change the fact that tna sucks

And the WWE does too and wrestling is very different then it was 10 or 15 years ago....

jordan1995
09-09-2011, 09:41 AM
i fukin hate this post ..we see basically the same threads everyday for fucks sake ...and i hate the daily i hate cena thread eeuurghhhhh ...rant over

CobraNightviper
09-09-2011, 10:29 AM
With all the problems in the world right now I don't think tna should be on gods list of things to save.
There's probably only 30% right about these "facts". God can show up on earth and tell you TNA is good, and youll just claim he's not really God.

CrowOfMurders
09-09-2011, 10:29 AM
I'll try to make sense of this too; AJ Styles is TNA's future LEGEND. He is definitely the best the company has to offer. Amazing work in the ring,I can't remember an AJ Styles match I wasn't happy watching. My biggest disappointment with wrestling in general is that fans are so polarized for no reason. I really wish every WWE fan watched the TNA big four-AJ Styles,Chris Daniels,Samoa Joe and Kazarian(Beer Money and MCMG are also up there), hate the storylines,but watch these guys perform magic in the ring. Back to topic, AJ is the most respected guy in TNA,although it isn't always clear that he is(his current hiatus from the main event being an argument) but he's a multi-time NWA-TNA champion,Longest reigning TNA champ,multi time triple crown AND Grand slam champion. No one has that kind of accolade in Pro wrestling anymore. He's like the HBK/Sting of the company,only without the partyboy douchebag reputation of the former. Sting even "passed the torch" to him before Hogan came in. He's a family guy and a loyal company guy and it's tragic that everyone still considers him the future,when he should really be the NOW.
However,Styles has had his drawbacks and limitations, which is why from a business POV,TNA hasn't had full faith in him. Styles is weak on the mic, he's never been a strong promo guy(I honestly don't think he's too bad personally,but that's the consensus) When Hogan-Bischoff took over,keep in mind, he was still champion, so it's fair to say they had plans to build the future of TNA around him. They could have had him drop the belt to any number of guys right away(such as Anderson,Hardy,RVD(sooner) or even back to Sting) but they kept him in the main event.

The mistake was trying to make him Ric Jr. He was thrown into a gimmick and character he was noticeabley uncomfortable with, he was pretending to be "stylin profilin" Styles,not the phenominal one that all his fans loved. Coupled with the terrible storylines and writing at the time, ratings didn't improve and ultimately his title reign and main event push got the axe. Enter RVD and his "im so fcking great" attitude and Styles had to job to him and lose his title. Then he gets shuffled into random storylines, and feuds. Eventually forming Fortune and feuding with EV2 and Immortal. Now he seems to finally be getting back to his roots,the return of the Spiral tap and the feud with Daniels is symbolic of classic A.J. Styles and i'm hoping post-BFG means a main event push again. He did pretty well in the BFG series as well so atleast they didn't bury him or not include him at all(like Kaz and Daniels)

Ultimately,A.J. Styles like most of TNA's home grown talent are victims of circumstances and the insecurity of a small underdeveloped wrestling company that honestly thought it was ready to take on a Multinational entertainment media giant in the WWE. TNA still thinks it's only hopes to succeed is through veteran talent only and cheap publicity stunts. These passed few months have given me hope though. Balanced programming with new and old talent,the BFG series,the return of the xdivision,focus on Styles/Daniels and Joe are all things I look forward to watching every week. So I hope more people give TNA a chance, it might surprise you and even if the stories go nowhere or are just annoying or confusing,maybe a Styles/Joe/Daniels/Kaz match will entertain you. That's why they're the future of TNA. As long as they're there,TNA will be worth watching.

Androo
09-09-2011, 10:33 AM
http://menversus.com/images/2d7yja0.gif

Russo swerve
09-09-2011, 10:45 AM
i fukin hate this post ..we see basically the same threads everyday for fucks sake ...and i hate the daily i hate cena thread eeuurghhhhh ...rant over

Aww I dont think anybody cares pee wee

Russo swerve
09-09-2011, 10:47 AM
And the WWE does too and wrestling is very different then it was 10 or 15 years ago....

Tna wouldnt have survived 15 yrs ago

shambo2k9
09-09-2011, 12:13 PM

This is the reason the World is in the shit it is at the moment... God is watching TNA...

http://ih1.redbubble.net/work.7170152.1.sticker,375x360.bazinga-v1.png

Peter Kaymakcian
09-09-2011, 02:15 PM
1.) Difference is TNA is giving guys like Angle(38) when he first got the ball, Sting(47) when he first got the ball, RVD(38) when he first got the ball, and Jeff Hardy(36) when he first got the ball. WWE is giving guys like Daniel Bryan who is 32 and CM Punk is 32 and was 28 when he was first got the ball. Ball means world title by the way. The difference is the age of the competitors. If TNA gave the younger guys the rock I wouldn't complain, but they only give it to guys like RVD, Angle, Sting, Jeff Hardy.

2.) Samoa Joe, Pope, Kaz, Jay Lethal, Beer Money, MCMG, and a lot more have cut/been cutting great promos. The only thing their missing from their resume is a WWE portfolio. Before you say anything look at these guys crowd reactions and some of the promos they've cut.

3.) Great point, but they have been trying that for so many years. The ratings are in the ones because they aren't creating their own stars. Vince knew this which is why he created Stone Cold, the Rock, HBK, HHH, and so many others. TNA doesn't do that and to me flat out refuses. Like with Kaz in 2006. He had so much fan support that if he would've won the world title the Impact! Zone may have erupted. TNA saw this so they took him off TV, gave him a brand new gimmick from a video game, and forced him like that for three years.

4.) Agreed with your points about Bryan and Punk, but they constantly try and rebuild Joe only to knock him back down with stupid storylines or plot twists. About Pope though I think TNA dropped the ball with him. Before his injury he was one of TNA's fastest rising stars. After his injury they refused to use him. Hell they just randomly threw him in with Sting and Nash then they threw him in a random rivalry with Joe. Now they have this stupid thing with Devon. Just let Pope go out there cut a beautiful promo and have a beautiful match.

5.) These newer talents always get the spotlight though. That is why WCW failed because they didn't have any fresh blood. These newer talents are guys from WCW, ECW, and WWE. That is the problem. These guys come to TNA when they already have one foot out of the door.

6.) WWE won't have a stupid storyline like Joe's drop, its the best example, with no explaination. WWE hasn't had a storyline like MEM were the veterans just dominated the rising talent. WWE hasn't had a storyline like their President signing away power of her company because she didn't read a contract. WWE may have stupid storylines, but none dumber then those. The only storyline that comes close since 2002 is Katie Vick.

7.) Nexus actually was entertaining. SES wasn't just thrown together randomly. They went with Punk's gimmick and they explained why everyone was brought in. Fortune started off good then they joined Immortal and then just randomly betrays Immortal saying oh well now we are against you guys. Immortal I don't even have to talk about. MEM again is something that speaks for itself.

8.) No I constantly see guys like RVD, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Sting, and other oldies. I will give TNA credit in which they are at least easing off of those guys.

9.) Dixie suspended Jarrett for 5 months after the story broke out. Hogan welcomed Jarrett with open arms. Which person did more for Angle?

10.) They sent him off to Mexico within three months of breaking off from LAX. Then have him return randomly when almost everyone had forgotten about him. Now I love how you say I'm bitching when they broke up a good tag team just to form another tag team. Beer Money breaks up I'm fine with it if they actually push Roode. Shelley? Nope because I still get to see him compete. Yeah we got Edge, HBK, and others because WWE knows how to create stars which I'm not sure TNA knows how to do.

I respected each and everyone of your arguments. You seemed like a genuinely good poster and hope this turns into a good debate.

Iron Ape
09-09-2011, 03:03 PM
To be fair, it isn't TNA's fault why their talent are always getting into trouble.
Well, they can share some degree of responsibility if they create an atmosphere that fosters that sort of behavior. I'm not saying that they bear the burden in any of those particular instances with those aforementioned wrestlers, but an environment that seemingly condones and/or perpetuates self-destructive behavior definitely plays a part.

K2Jelly
09-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Well, they can share some degree of responsibility if they create an atmosphere that fosters that sort of behavior. I'm not saying that they bear the burden in any of those particular instances with those aforementioned wrestlers, but an environment that seemingly condones and/or perpetuates self-destructive behavior definitely plays a part.

I completely disagree. Crime, war, rape, etc. happen in every corner of the world and they're not responsible for alot of people's crimes that occur near them. The TNA wrestlers who do these sorts of things needs to learn how to not follow the crowd and to be responsible for their benefit.

eboy
09-09-2011, 03:22 PM
well there needs to be a Balance they need older faces to attract new Viewers but how long do guys like Styles Morgan & Joe have to wait
We already know Hogan Bischoff Flair and sting so its the Same shit over whereas I wanna find out more about Styles Daniels Robbie E Austin Aries Gunner Bully Ray Mr Anderson Fortune Crimsons
I Pretty much answered this in 1
Joe should be badass ripping through everyone not Goofy Storylines and Pope only works as a Face for me
again needs to be a balence right now its one sided they are losing guys like AMazing Red Jay Lethal Gen Me who are more talented than the WWE Drons
Pointless dont start it if you aint going to finish
I like these faction but do they have to do the whole they're tkaing over thing everytime and if i here the WHC and Power and Control in the Same sentence i will scream
it needs more depth to keep stuff intresting
has angle joined immortal? he is just alighned with them
well these storylines work every now and then but earlier this year they had only just Split 3D and then Gen Me, McMg and Ink inc where all showing signs of breaking up

i see what your trying to do and i agree with you that TNA isn't as bad as everyone makes out and it has some huge plus sides

Murphdogg4
09-09-2011, 04:04 PM
you have valid points, but a big roster is a PLUS. If it was presented like pro wrestling and not sports entertainment. Look at how big the WWf' roster was back in the 80's, it was HUGE but they were all used well.

THE_CRIPPLER
09-09-2011, 04:40 PM

Honestly I have to disagree with you Mr Ape but in a way agree with you.... I dont think TNA should be responsible for TNA Talents outside the ring, TNA doesnt create the Enviorment, the talent does.... But when a Guy is passed from overdosing before 2 or 3 PPV main events then its TNAs responsibility to do something or stop pushing this person. Same with Angle, he has had several DUIs and problems and Instead TNA countines to push him...... I dont Blame TNA for the action of the talent on their roster, I blame TNA for the reaction to their Talents behavior.

THE_CRIPPLER
09-09-2011, 04:48 PM
I don't think Hogan, has any real power either, seems like like they are riding out his contract. Since he took a pay cut after taking three months off of work, for his back, the only stories about hogan being involved, in the back is talent relations ie helping bobby rude with promo's or relaying info to angle during the jarrett and angle storyline. I think he goes to big meetings, this site reported he does nothing with the creative aspect of the on screen product

Yes he actually did have alot of power, dont know how much, Hogan has alot of storke in who gets hired and who gets pushed..... Would the Nasty Boys get a Tag team Run and so much air time if it wasnt for Hogan? Even TNA isnt that dumb.

HCollins-TNA1
09-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Tna wouldnt have survived 15 yrs ago

They survived 10 Junior, so 15 is next....

HCollins-TNA1
09-09-2011, 05:18 PM

So can and does many and any business in the USA or World, cause there are always loop holes and ways around from getting caught... True the WWE has a drug testing, but how many people goes under the radar I wonder??? More then one think or care to think about...

HCollins-TNA1
09-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Honestly I have to disagree with you Mr Ape but in a way agree with you.... I dont think TNA should be responsible for TNA Talents outside the ring, TNA doesnt create the Enviorment, the talent does.... But when a Guy is passed from overdosing before 2 or 3 PPV main events then its TNAs responsibility to do something or stop pushing this person. Same with Angle, he has had several DUIs and problems and Instead TNA countines to push him...... I dont Blame TNA for the action of the talent on their roster, I blame TNA for the reaction to their Talents behavior.

Agree, it a person or the person's choice to do what they want to do in most cases... Then some cases Peer Pressure plays a role.... But more the less the one person responsible at the end of the day when one gets into trouble and that the person who done the act...

Iron Ape
09-09-2011, 05:45 PM

Right, and my assertion is simply that those very reactions create an *environment where said behavior is allowed to perpetuate itself. Are they legally responsible for what a wrestler does on his free time? Absolutely not. But if they know that a talent is engaging in self-destructive behavior and they choose to ignore that in favor of focusing on the interests of their company, I sort of have no other choice than to construe that as a failure in terms of a moral obligation (thus my saying that they do play a part).

Good post, by the way.

* For the record, when I use the word environment, I'm not actually suggesting that Dixie is helping to set up beer pong tables at the Impact Zone or anything of that nature.

HCollins-TNA1
09-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Right, and my assertion is simply that those very reactions create an *environment where said behavior is allowed to perpetuate itself. Are they legally responsible for what a wrestler does on his free time? Absolutely not. But if they know that a talent is engaging in self-destructive behavior and they choose to ignore that in favor of focusing on the interests of their company, I sort of have no other choice than to construe that as a failure in terms of a moral obligation (thus my saying that they do play a part).

Good post, by the way.

* For the record, when I use the word environment, I'm not actually suggesting that Dixie is helping to set up beer pong tables at the Impact Zone or anything of that nature.

They did have the Drinking World Championship though...

xAzureSkye
09-09-2011, 06:43 PM
To be fair the wrestling itself is good. But the storylines etc. are pretty bad, and the way they treat their wrestlers (Knockouts getting paid very poorly, always hiring WWE wrestlers and then eventually they get phased out) I mean if we took away all the former WWE wrestlers how many people would there be in TNA?

THE_CRIPPLER
09-09-2011, 06:57 PM

Good post, by the way.

Thanks.

To me wrestlers behave like High School students, and if you have a High School with no rules and no teachers and no form of Discipline, then you have a bunch of teenagers Fucking each other, Taking Drugs and getting drunk and getting failing their tests..... so you dont discipline your talent, Put order in them and set rules then they will just take drugs and drink to the point where they cant handle it and their perfomance will suffer and they will fail miserbly in the ring.

Russo swerve
09-09-2011, 07:34 PM
They survived 10 Junior, so 15 is next....

I said 15yrs ago pee wee. back wen ecw and wcw and wwf were boomin

monctonvike
09-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Yes he actually did have alot of power, dont know how much, Hogan has alot of storke in who gets hired and who gets pushed..... Would the Nasty Boys get a Tag team Run and so much air time if it wasnt for Hogan? Even TNA isnt that dumb.

Sure this is when he first came in they were given a try out and shown the door, not too long after, but too long imo. Hogan also brought in rvd and jeff hardy but this was all before he was out for something like 3 months. He was also in the vocal majority who favored getting rid of the 6 sides and he helped push for the monday night war.They always wanted Hogan to wrestle just not full time, then he went out for some time. BTW was impact noticeably different in any way when Hogan was gone? ( Other then the fact you didn't see him on tv?) Since then we have gotten reports by ryan clark that sources within TNA report he is not at creative meetings. When asked in an interview why he was a heel he replied something to the affect of " I do what they tell me" . He reportedly got in trouble for tweeting about impact going on the road. At a recent PPV he has been at them lately, earlier in the year he wasn't so much. Anyways at a recent ppv he was said to have had it out with Russo, it doesn't look like he won the argument either. He was quoted as saying something like " you don't get it cause your not a wrestler"

Please don't think I am trying to sell you, on Hogan doing a good job in TNA, however very little is known about his role and the more its revealed the more it looks like his role isn't much of one. If you hate him to death by all means thats your choice. From what I have read it doesn't look like he has a major role in how things go in tna

monctonvike
09-09-2011, 09:21 PM
To be fair the wrestling itself is good. But the storylines etc. are pretty bad, and the way they treat their wrestlers (Knockouts getting paid very poorly, always hiring WWE wrestlers and then eventually they get phased out) I mean if we took away all the former WWE wrestlers how many people would there be in TNA?

Well to be fair TNA is following, a wwe roadmap to success. WWF became the juggernaut it is by hiring well known wrestlers from other territories, and putting the other territories out of business. Now its a Billion dollar company with a farm system and almost a monopoly on this business in the US and Canada and Europe for that matter. Also in these tough times its cheaper for wwe to make new stars then higher old ones. Not to mention its better for the long term as well. If TNA wants to succeed in the future they need to build new stars. Not by leaps and bound, but they have started . Bobby Roode is on his way up, Crimson and Gunner are moving up. Guys like AJ and Samoa Joe are very established ask most people who is in tna wrestling most will name joe and aj. Ric Flair wasn't on good terms and I see his contract being up soon. For that matter I wouldn't be surprised to see Hogan back in WWE sometime soon some say his contract is up after october. The original plan was for him to do a year on tv and one off

HCollins-TNA1
09-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Hogan only got creative control over his character and who he works with.....
Bishoff on the other hand has little bit more then he had when he was 1st hired in late 2009 due to he was promoted to Executive Producer this year...

HCollins-TNA1
09-09-2011, 09:38 PM
If one would look TNA is more similiar to the WWE ..... It took WWF/WWE 9 years 1984 to 1993 to establish it self in the 80s and 90s.... It took another 5 to 9, 1994-2003 years to establish it self as one of the most watch shows on cable TV....
I kinda see TNA growing like WWE did through them years ever so slowly cause success don't come over night...

THE_CRIPPLER
09-09-2011, 11:08 PM
If one would look TNA is more similiar to the WWE ..... It took WWF/WWE 9 years 1984 to 1993 to establish it self in the 80s and 90s.... It took another 5 to 9, 1994-2003 years to establish it self as one of the most watch shows on cable TV....
I kinda see TNA growing like WWE did through them years ever so slowly cause success don't come over night...

Hahaha you are insane, WWF was selling out MSG for years and years in the 80s.... TNA is no where near WWE, TNA receives the almost the same ratings ECW did when it was on TNN.

THE_CRIPPLER
09-09-2011, 11:23 PM

It took 9 years? WWF in 88 Drew 93k people for WM3, I dont care how inflated those numbers are, even if its 80k, it sure as hell beats the 1,500 people that get free tickets at Bound for Glory.

WWF was Huge in the 80's much bigger than it is now or in the early 90s... and please dont compare TV ratings, its a different time and era, WWF and wrestling companys didnt try to recieve ratings, they used TV to advertise their house shows, Sell Merch and Sell PPVs... so its hard to compare Syndication and Cable tv then to now, its almost impossible since1 out of every 10 people had cable in the 80s..... so i dont know how you are comparing a Global Success such as the WWF in the 80s, too a Run of the mill, Low rated wrestling TV show, Almost any wrestling show you put on Cable if its on a well known channel will receive a close to 1.0 rating.

HCollins-TNA1
09-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Hahaha you are insane, WWF was selling out MSG for years and years in the 80s.... TNA is no where near WWE, TNA receives the almost the same ratings ECW did when it was on TNN.
Yes WWF did sold out MSG many times in the 80s...
But they wasn't the big show then... it took them 9 years to establish a main show that could gain and bring ratings....
The thing with ECW it was on during the 1st overhaul of TNN into Spike... TNN use to have big number in Nashville Now and Country Music awards and the Grand Ole Opry and NASCAR... then the rebranding was taking place in 1999 they dropped the music, they lost NASCAR to NBC, ABC and FOX.... and many cable and satelites systems choose to drop them..until the WWE came along and many picked them back up... then they the viewers again when WWE left....

Another thing time and day and viewer demographics is very big on a channel success....

Iron Ape
09-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Save yourself, Crippler. This can only end in cracked plaster and lots of Advil.

HCollins-TNA1
09-09-2011, 11:32 PM
It took 9 years? WWF in 88 Drew 93k people for WM3, I dont care how inflated those numbers are, even if its 80k, it sure as hell beats the 1,500 people that get free tickets at Bound for Glory.

WWF was Huge in the 80's much bigger than it is now or in the early 90s... and please dont compare TV ratings, its a different time and era, WWF and wrestling companys didnt try to recieve ratings, they used TV to advertise their house shows, Sell Merch and Sell PPVs... so its hard to compare Syndication and Cable tv then to now, its almost impossible since1 out of every 10 people had cable in the 80s..... so i dont know how you are comparing a Global Success such as the WWF in the 80s, too a Run of the mill, Low rated wrestling TV show, Almost any wrestling show you put on Cable if its on a well known channel will receive a close to 1.0 rating.
Ratings was very different in the 80s and early 90s.... It wasn't till the early 90s or 1993 when RAW was born that it really matter they was pulling what TNA gets today or SmackDown gets... The fact and point is WWF/WWE was less known to an extent.... It did sale out PPVs and arenas.. it wasn't until the 1990s when wrestling had it boom period....

Rich Cranium
09-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Rating was very different in the 80s and early 90s.... It wasn't till the early 90s or 1993 when RAW was born that it really matter they was pulling what TNA gets today or SmackDown gets... The fact and point is WWF/WWE was less known to an extent.... It did sale out PPVs and arenas.. it wasn't until the 1990s when wrestling had it boom period....

Really? So Hulk Hogan and the 80's are just lost in oblivion?

HCollins-TNA1
09-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Really? So Hulk Hogan and the 80's are just lost in oblivion?

WWF was pretty much put on the map in the 80s... But it wasn't till 1990s with households having more cable and satelites providers they grew into what they is today...

THE_CRIPPLER
09-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Yes WWF did sold out MSG many times in the 80s...
But they wasn't the big show then... it took them 9 years to establish a main show that could gain and bring ratings....
The thing with ECW it was on during the 1st overhaul of TNN into Spike... TNN use to have big number in Nashville Now and Country Music awards and the Grand Ole Opry and NASCAR... then the rebranding was taking place in 1999 they dropped the music, they lost NASCAR to NBC, ABC and FOX.... and many cable and satelites systems choose to drop them..until the WWE came along and many picked them back up... then they the viewers again when WWE left....

Another thing time and day and viewer demographics is very big on a channel success....

WWF was argubly bigger from the mid 80's till 1991, as a matter of fact after 91 business declined badly,so i dont get this WWF was a small promotion till 1991 theory you have........ WWF was much much much bigger in the mid 80's then TNA would ever dream to be, hell WWF in the mid 80s was probably much more popular and profitable than WWE is now.

HCollins-TNA1
09-10-2011, 12:16 AM
WWF was argubly bigger from the mid 80's till 1991, as a matter of fact after 91 business declined badly,so i dont get this WWF was a small promotion till 1991 theory you have........ WWF was much much much bigger in the mid 80's then TNA would ever dream to be, hell WWF in the mid 80s was probably much more popular and profitable than WWE is now.

WWF did decline from 1990 or 91 till about 1993/94.... During that time WCW was gaining fans and was pulling big numbers for Clash of Champions several was 4.0 and as high as 6.0 I think in some cases.....

THE_CRIPPLER
09-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Ratings was very different in the 80s and early 90s.... It wasn't till the early 90s or 1993 when RAW was born that it really matter they was pulling what TNA gets today or SmackDown gets... The fact and point is WWF/WWE was less known to an extent.... It did sale out PPVs and arenas.. it wasn't until the 1990s when wrestling had it boom period....

You do know that you are comparing 1993 when Cable wasnt really popular and Raw had main events such as Repo Man vs Randy Savage and Damien demento vs Undertaker.... you cant assume TNA is on the same path WWE is on cause of 20 year old ratings... Like i said almost anything wrestling in prime time will get a 1.0 if its on a well known channel..... the whole TNN theory you had is kinda bull shit cause the reason it changed from TNN to Spike is cause TNN was a failure so they revamped it....... and Spike is in more homes then TNN, by a long shot.

THE_CRIPPLER
09-10-2011, 12:18 AM
WWF did decline from 1990 or 91 till about 1993/94.... During that time WCW was gaining fans and was pulling big numbers for Clash of Champions several was 4.0 and as high as 6.0 I think in some cases.....

Dont remember 1993 or 1994 Clash pulling 6.0.

HCollins-TNA1
09-10-2011, 12:25 AM
You do know that you are comparing 1993 when Cable wasnt really popular and Raw had main events such as Repo Man vs Randy Savage and Damien demento vs Undertaker.... you cant assume TNA is on the same path WWE is on cause of 20 year old ratings... Like i said almost anything wrestling in prime time will get a 1.0 if its on a well known channel..... the whole TNN theory you had is kinda bull shit cause the reason it changed from TNN to Spike is cause TNN was a failure so they revamped it....... and Spike is in more homes then TNN, by a long shot.
That the thing with Spike they a smaller channel less demanded as the channel was when it had country music, or NASCAR, or even the WWE....
They hardly make the top 25 cable rankings... Then USA is a top 5 /10 cable channel....

Peter Kaymakcian
09-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Just a shot in the dark here, but isn't comparing tv ratings over 20 years ago to today like comparing car MPG from 20 years ago to today?

THEKEVINBRAND
09-10-2011, 12:34 AM
wow this thread is...just...wow...

Peter Kaymakcian
09-10-2011, 12:36 AM
wow this thread is...just...wow...

Honestly all I wanted was a reasonable rebutle to my questions/problems with TNA. I now see threads like these are not smart.

THE_CRIPPLER
09-10-2011, 12:42 AM
That the thing with Spike they a smaller channel less demanded as the channel was when it had country music, or NASCAR, or even the WWE....
They hardly make the top 25 cable rankings... Then USA is a top 5 /10 cable channel....

Spike is broadcasted to over 96 million homes. That is much much more than TNN had when WWE was on there or when TNN was the Nashville network..... I really doubt USA broadcast to much more house holds, and it isnt a major market cause i dont know anyone that dont have Spike TV

THEKEVINBRAND
09-10-2011, 12:43 AM
Honestly all I wanted was a reasonable rebutle to my questions/problems with TNA. I now see threads like these are not smart.

see that's why i don't argue with idiots. they'll drag you down to their level and beat you...
...with experience.

i'm not calling you an idiot i mean the fanboy here

Peter Kaymakcian
09-10-2011, 12:46 AM
see that's why i don't argue with idiots. they'll drag you down to their level and beat you...
...with experience.

Yeah ik man. I' m done making threads. I'm just going to post.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Yeah ik man. I' m done making threads. I'm just going to post.

i just made an interesting thread about the knockouts, i hope el dumbo doesn't pander on there too

Peter Kaymakcian
09-10-2011, 12:50 AM
i just made an interesting thread about the knockouts, i hope el dumbo doesn't pander on there too

I'm about to check it out

HCollins-TNA1
09-10-2011, 12:55 AM
As to then you had 30 or 40 or 50 cable channels.....
Now one has maybe up to 100or more, then 100s of satelite channels....

HCollins-TNA1
09-10-2011, 12:56 AM
...with experience.

you don't argue with your own self.....

Peter Kaymakcian
09-10-2011, 01:04 AM

Great comeback

THEKEVINBRAND
09-10-2011, 01:07 AM

i don't argue with myself either, i let the ventriloquists do that

HCollins-TNA1
09-10-2011, 01:10 AM
...with experience.

A wrestling fanboy.... yes I am.....
As I have said i like it all TNA, WWE, NWA, ROH, indys, classic matches, International, and women and more.....

HCollins-TNA1
09-10-2011, 01:15 AM
And here too....

"What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Some men you just can't reach...
So, you get what we had here last week,
which is the way he wants it!
Well, he gets it!
N' I don't like it any more than you men." *

THEKEVINBRAND
09-10-2011, 01:17 AM
A wrestling fanboy.... yes I am.....
As I have said i like it all TNA, WWE, NWA, ROH, indys, classic matches, International, and women and more.....

good for you i like tna too but i dont sit here arguing with the haters, they it, hate fine i leave them alone

HCollins-TNA1
09-10-2011, 01:21 AM
good for you i like tna too but i dont sit here arguing with the haters, they it, hate fine i leave them alone
The thing is some goes to far.... even i go to far I admitt it :)

THEKEVINBRAND
09-10-2011, 01:25 AM
The thing is some goes to far.... even i go to far I admitt it :)

k whatever im done here

monctonvike
09-10-2011, 06:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D-9X3ooFvo

at least you guys can agree to disagree :) music sooths the soul

xAzureSkye
09-10-2011, 08:12 AM
WWF was pretty much put on the map in the 80s... But it wasn't till 1990s with households having more cable and satelites providers they grew into what they is today...

I seem to remember in 1980s WWF Brawl to end it all got a 9.0 rating.

CrowOfMurders
09-10-2011, 10:09 AM
I respected each and everyone of your arguments. You seemed like a genuinely good poster and hope this turns into a good debate.

Thanks for the respectful replies and the compliments, if I was rude or brash in any way i apologize,just wanted my points to carry their own gravitas. I respect what you have to say as well,but we both have our own ways of looking at these factors. Here's what I have to say to your points:

1.) I don't really understand how age is really a factor? You were originally arguing about how exWWE/WCW guys get all the title shots,their age is a different story. If Undertaker comes back at Wrestlemania 30 and challenges Cena to the title,will anyone complain? The storyline and fan expectations make the match what it is. Age is irrelevant if a wrestler can still go. Bryan and Punk were wrestlers for years before joining WWE and had made names for themselves all over the world. How is that different from a former WWE/WCW guy? Angle is still the best wrestler in the world and he has amazing matches and makes everyone he works with look even better. He even dropped his title to Samoa Joe,giving him a huge rub and having a phenomenal feud with him(more on Joe later)and just started working with Crimson,an arguably TNA original talent. Sting is a cornerstone of TNA,he's the only non-WWE guy active in wrestling who was a huge star,and he brings that star credibility to TNA,he has a fantastic look(you cant even tell how old he is with the facepaint) and a huge following. Sting doesn't need the title,but him holding it never hurt anyone,if anything,every time he gets the title he puts over another talent from Abyss,to Christian Cage, and most of all A.J. Styles. He even dropped the belt to Anderson,giving him his 1st legit title reign after the Hardy-fiasco. All these feuds and title programs serve to ELEVATE TNA homegrown talent and other deserving talent. Sting even worked programs with Daniels,Rhyno and a number of others,showing how willing he is to support TNA. I won't argue about RVD,he really seems like a douche outside and inside the ring,and they only had Styles drop the title to him b/c they thought it would get them huge ratings,I'm glad it didn't. But still, RVD vs. Styles was a dream match waiting to happen,and it would only happen in TNA. Some guys in TNA just aren't ready to run with the "roc" and thats a MUCH bigger problem in WWE than TNA. Atleast some originals have had title runs,unlike WWE which is Cena for 6 mnths,Miz for 2,Cena for 6,Del Rio for 2,Cena for 1 year or Orton-Christian 1 week,Orton-Christian-1 month. Ultimately,I think this passed year,both companies have been in a flux state where they tried 2 different directions and no matter what,you have to agree both of 'em played it safe. TNA took a shot at putting the "roc" on outside guys with more name recognition(RVD,Hardy,Sting,Anderson,Angle) because they were desperate to make the Hogan acquisition work. However,Angle is leaving soon regardless and BFG seems like a new era is gonna start with a new champion(wishful thinking says Bobby Roode) so I don't think there's any reason to blame the direction. WWE has been playing it safe by keeping the title on Cena/Orton for so damn long,I really want to see some other guys step up to the main event. Del Rio/Punk/Bryan/Sheamus are possibilities but I'm not convinced yet.

2.)Samoa Joe cuts a good promo,but he's nowhere near the level of the greats. I don't blame him tho,and i still think he deserves a push and that he'll only get better but he's not at THAT level of engaging an audience. Pope was great when he started,but now he's just an incoherent mess,he's almost as bad as Booker T on commentary. Pope needs to get back to his roots as a character and build up again,I too,was a fan when he debuted,but now I couldn't care less. Kaz has been doing stellar promos since Fortune and I think he should be in line for a push as well,but he's only opened up recently. Jay Lethal is a great imitator,but he cant cut a decent promo as Jay Lethal,maybe the time away will help him build his work. Beer Money and MCMG have been cutting Tagteam promos for a while,although Shelley's promos are pretty good,they both still need work as singles guys. For the most part,TNA guys can't cut the greatest promos,but some are better than others. My point was that nobody is at the level where they can cut an engaging promo like Sting and Flair can,or even Angle and Anderson. As long as the older guys add some charisma and drama to the show,it only helps TNA. Bad promo work can only hurt you,and even veterans can fall victim to that(Kevin Nash anyone?) Lord knows plenty of WWE guys need promo help as well,they can't just stay afloat on pipebombs. All 10 of those guys would probably be misused by WWE,Samoa Joe for sure(he'd never get a push w/o losing weight) Pope and Kaz would be midcard at best and Kaz would have a severely limited moveset,besides Trent Barreta reminds me alot of Kaz,so y not push him? Beer Money would be broken up eventually,and I'd rather see them stay in TNA and have singles pushes there. Until WWE gives the tag belts respect again,MCMG and every other tag team needs to stay away. They deserve better than being on Superstars.

3.)Ofcourse they've been trying it for years,every wrestling company does. However I don't understand how you're point naming Attitude era guys relates. I don't think ratings are completely the result of TNA not making their own stars(although it's a factor) but because of a number of factors so it's unfair to limit it to their ability to create stars. Arguably,WWE hasn't made a new star since Cena/Orton and they are only big names because they were PUT OVER BY veterans. Any crossover fans from the Attitude era are gonna appreciate Cena/Orton because they've been put over by HBK,HHH,The Rock etc. In fact,they're bringing back the Rock after 7 years to put Cena over. How the hell is that any different from using guys like Hogan,Flair,Sting,Angle,Hardy,RVD,atleast most of those guys have been active wrestlers. They even brought Nash back to work with Punk to add some sizzle and controversy to the Punk program. Hell,Rock's match with Cena is supposed to be a title match. So I'm really confused as to how both companies don't do the same things to put over talent,because you know what, THEY DO. TNA just lost it's confidence in it's own guys when the opportunity for Hogan/Hardy/RVD/Anderson came up. If you think about it,it wasn't a bad idea,just executed poorly by the writing staff. Which company wouldn't want Hardy after his 2 title reigns in WWE? or RVD who had the WWE and ECW titles before he got fired? Anderson had a ton of buzz,and his release shocked the IWC so y not sign him? Hogan is an international brand name,and the original NWO guy who shook up WCW,y not try to make magic happen twice? The use of big names and veterans is a part of pro wrestling,if you just want to watch new young guys,maybe just stick to indies? Also,yea it sucks Kaz didn't win the title then,but maybe he wasn't ready? Maybe they were testing the waters,maybe he wanted to leave TNA(something he almost did when he got the Suicide character) who knows why a push stops,but I think Kaz 2011 is much better than 2006,hope he gets a decent push now.

4.) I love Joe,I love that he's a Samoan fatass,but he's the baddest mofo in the company,he flies across the ring,has an amazing shoot style and chokes his opponents out. If TNA can highlight the things fans love about Joe,they can make Joe profitable again. I think Joe's biggest problem has been his attitude,which the dirtsheets have been reporting for years. His shoot promos and unpredicatibility make him a dangerous investment and have worked against him. He's had an amazing career in TNA though,being one of few triple crown champs,only reigning KotM winner, and a former world champ. So it's unfair to say he's never been treated right. He even had the 1st undefeated streak in TNA that only ended with Angle,who later put him over with the title. After being in the doghouse for a while, I hope Joe is back on top soon,but compared to how WWE embarasses guys(Sheamus,Swagger,McEntyre etc.) I think Joe's been lucky. I think Pope's inring work started looking sloppy and his promos weren't as good anymore. The inclusion with Sting and Nash was nonsense,but I guess he wanted to be on TV so they put him there(I doubt they knew wth they were doing with that storyline to begin with) Pope needs to go back to his basics,but he'll be fine too.

5.)WCW had alot of problems and failed for alot of reasons. WCW had plenty of fresh blood,most of whom were picked up by WWE, notice any of them being around still? No? It's because new isn't always better. WCW's arguably biggest problem was the amount of creative control guys like Hogan/Nash/Flair had,and the short sighted ideas of Vince Russo. WCW had an entire storyline pitting new talent versus veterans called the New Blood vs. The Millionaires Club. It sucked,and it was more painful watching WCW during that brainchild of Vince Russo's than getting teeth pulled. Towards the end of WCW most of the old guys weren't even there. The mainevent was BookerT vs. Scott Steiner or Jarrett,and a clusterf*ck of random midcard guys. I agree Hogan and his cronies were the worst thing for TNA,but don't disrespect guys like Angle, Sting,Morgan and hell I'll even give Hardy the benefit of the doubt as they are putting talent over and helping TNA while being loyal.

CrowOfMurders
09-10-2011, 10:10 AM
6.)I think the Undertaker example was exactly the WWE's version of Joe's ninja abjuction(I'm aware of the situation at the time in London,but if you didnt read the dirt sheets, you would have the same reaction as the Joe one). I don't get why it's still a big deal,the ninja thing was stupid,so they dropped it,would it be better if they had Hogan be revealed as the leader of the ninjas and start shouting "watchagonna do wen ninjamania runs wild on u brother?" WWE has dropped so many stupid storylines it's too long to even start mentioning,and honestly I havent been watching WWE closely in years,so I'm sure other posters can help me out with this. One off the top of my head rite now,the anonymous GM,this was a much bigger part of WWE storylines and he just disappears? WTF? Back a couple of years during the McMahon-Helmsley years you had constant bullshit storylines which involved Linda,Shane,Steff,HHH,Vince,hell I think Ric Flair was owner of Raw,or president or some random shit for a while too. So look back at the history,WWE has had plenty of dumb crap. For the modern wrestling fan,I think the inring performance matter more than the writing,cuz obviously it's crap at times.

7.)Nexus was ONLY good on their debut night,then they jobbed to Cena every week and became a joke. It was a great idea,clusterf*ck execution though. SES was a good idea to start,but they dropped them for no f***ing reason. Joey Mercury disappeared due to injury,Serena got fired for not staying in character,Gallows got lost into obscurity and released,SES could've been a great stable,but they f*cked it up. All they needed was to shave more heads,Punk would carry it the rest of the way. Immortal was a horrible concept to start with but the Fortune face turned saved them and gave them a decent feud(went on too long tho) MEM was a great idea,but weird to include Sting,I hate Russo and all his stupid attempts to turn Sting heel that never work.

8.) And those guys add to the show. Let me tell you how I started watching TNA. In the beginning,before TNA was on Spike, I only heard about it but never saw a show and couldn't afford a ppv. Then the show came on spike,ok a new wrestling show. But never heard of any of the wrestlers before really. Then I heard they signed Sting,Sting's been my all time favorite since WCW,so I had to see what he was up to. So I check out the show for Sting,stay tuned to watch some other familiar guys and am introduced to guys like Samoa Joe,Kaz,Daniels,MCMG,Xdivision and plenty of others. They were fantastic performers,light years ahead of bland WWE stuff,and I've been a fan since. That's the idea wrestling companies thrive on. You tune in for a familiar face,and stay glued to their homegrown talent. I just wish it happened more often.

9.)I don't think the real life situation is really reflected in the storyline that you see on TV. Whatever really happend doesnt matter. This is the storyline theyre going with. You just gotta separate the dirt sheets from TV or everything is gonna confuse the f*ck out of u. I still think its a terrible storyline,but I'm liking this version of heel Angle.

10)LAX originally broke up and Homicide went to Xdivision while Hernandez started wearing trunks and was a face. They had him go face for a while and wanted to keep him that way so LAX never reformed. Homicide went and stayed heel. He had a program with Morgan until Morgan turned heel and wrote Hernandez off TV to go to Mexico. Homicide got his release and by the time Hernandez came back,Morgan was face,Hernandez worked heel and stayed heel. They wanted to recapture what they had with LAX so they formed MA with the abnoxious Anarquia. When they broke up the tag team they did so for a good reason. It sucks Homicide left, but since they're lacking tag teams,they put Hernandez in another one with a new talent. Is it as great as LAX? nada,but they're a good heel team. How are they gonna create stars from tagteams if they never break up. I think LAX ran it's course at the time,and Hernandez had potential. I liked his Supermex stuff,but they want to play safe and make him a heel tagger again. Atleast he's still good. Hope he stops botching moves though.

I'm glad you're not just being some whiney brat and cussing me off for defending TNA,and that you're actually looking for a proper discussion on TNA's problems. Ultimately I think,in terms of expectations from TNA,less is more. Just enjoy it for what it is. If there's a great Xdivision match,it's helpful to say,that was a great match,w/o damn why's there a hogan promo,I want to see more xdivision rt now. TNA is alot of things for alot of people,so hopefully they keep heading in the right direction.

CrowOfMurders
09-10-2011, 10:21 AM

That's wat I tried to give u,but like all internet message board threads, this 2 ends in derailment.

monctonvike
09-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Thursdays show was great , they have been building steam for awhile now. It was so nice not to see them in the impact zone can't wait for the shows that are on the road next month. Sting vs Flair is gonna be nostalgic one of the great feuds. I still remember there last match, they had the night nitro closed

HCollins-TNA1
09-10-2011, 12:09 PM

Highest rated show of Wrestling all time... Although it only had one match.... LOL

monctonvike
09-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Highest rated show of Wrestling all time... Although it only had one match.... LOL

I bet you make a mighty mean samitch

Peter Kaymakcian
09-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Didn't Undertaker get attacked by Nexus with NO explanation?

Actually they did it to send a message to WWE Universe/locker room that they aren't push overs. Nexus was a bunch of rookies trying to get there names out there. What better way then to take out the Undertaker? Now please explain Samoa Joe.

Peter Kaymakcian
09-10-2011, 02:33 PM
@CrowofMurders:
Thanks for giving me a reasonable discussion and I did enjoy reading most of your points as they did make sense

1.) Ever since Undertaker vs Batista where Taker took the world title again I've been heavily against him. I have no problem with guys like Angle who are old, but holding the title as they can still work a match, but their comes a point in time when the old guys have to stop dominating the younger guys and in TNA I just don't see it. Although after watching the four way preview for BFG Series tomorrow on Impact! I do think TNA is now trying to actually push younger guys. As shown by Gunner pinning Bully Ray.

2.) I agree Samoa Joe has had a lot of success in TNA, but it seems like ever since Sting beat him BFG for the title his career has been going no where fast. I hope this storyline really brings back the SSM because that was when Joe was at his finest.

3.) Agreed with WWE lack of creating stars since RKO and Cena, but in fairness to them I do see Rhodes, Jackson, Morrison, and Miz being turned into stars in the future. I do agree with you on the Rock and Nash being back in the WWE to wrestle. I don't think they should be back. I think the Rock should stay in Hollywood and that Nash should never work another match again. Hell I think even HHH shouldn't be an active competitor in the ring.

4.) I think the problem we are seeing with the Pope is frustration because of how TNA is handling him. I mean look at how many points he scored in the BFG Series three. Throughout that entire series he has picked only 3 points due to Samoa Joe getting DQ'd none the less. I think if TNA where to treat Pope like they treat Anderson, Angle, Bully Ray, Sting, and Jeff Hardy we would see the Pope we loved when he first came in.

5.) The reason young talent left WCW though was because they weren't going anywhere. I've always said Angle has done a fantastic job of putting guys over, but TNA just refused to push them afterwards. Sting on the other hand I don't want to say he doesn't give guys the rub. I just feel like he could've done more. For instance when Sting beat Joe at BFG Joe lost a lot of credibility. When Sting dropped the title to Abyss it was by DQ. In fact I don't remember Abyss once pinning Sting during their rivalry. I love Sting and I love his gimmick, but in my honest opinion he hasn't done a good enough job of putting guys over.

6.) Okay I'll give you that and I wasn't saying WWE hasn't had their dumb storylines because oh boy they have. Mae Young giving birth to a hand, Brian Pillman with a gun, and Katie Vick just to name a few.

7.) We'll have to agree to disagree about Nexus. I don't think they where just Cena jobbers since their debut because while Barrett was their leader they always got the better of Cena. In fact Barrett had pinned Cena twice I believe during his run with Nexus. Agreed whole heartedly about the others though.

8.) Agreed with the part about familiar faces bringing you in, but at the same time those familiar faces run the risk of losing your main stars to retirement quickly. I mean to build your show around guys who are close to retirement just baffles me because I would think they would better be served as corner stones.

9.) Alright I agree to that and I do love a heel Angle more then a face Angle to. Some guys are better as heels.

10.) Yeah I think Hernandez is only a tag guy in my honest opinion. He doesn't have star quality promos/

Peter Kaymakcian
09-10-2011, 02:34 PM
I don't think that was actually the reason. I mean, I remember David Otunga saying something about telling everybody how he was going to tell the real reason why Nexus attacked Undertaker if Wade Barrett didn't treat him fairly as a Nexus member but that angle was never explained, like, at all. That storyline with Nexus attacking Undertaker was abandoned and never really spoken about once Undertaker came back to face Triple H at Wrestlemaina 27.

As for the Samoa Joe abduction, i'm not trying to make excusing for that. We all know it sucked but if it was actually explained, it wouldn't have never been that bad.

Agreed with both points. Yeah it was supposed to be Kane and Taker vs Nexus at WM 27

HCollins-TNA1
09-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Agreed with both points. Yeah it was supposed to be Kane and Taker vs Nexus at WM 27

Actually that was iffy.... 1st it was suppose to been Kane and Taker vs Nexus.... then the 2-21-11 videos had all thinking Sting was heading to WWE, then I believe rumors of Wade Barrett vs Undertaker one on one, then they finally decicded to have Triple H vs Undertaker....

Rich Cranium
09-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Actually that was iffy.... 1st it was suppose to been Kane and Taker vs Nexus.... then the 2-21-11 videos had all thinking Sting was heading to WWE, then I believe rumors of Wade Barrett vs Undertaker one on one, then they finally decicded to have Triple H vs Undertaker....

That's because they like to go on the fly a lot. Kevin Nash is an example.

HCollins-TNA1
09-10-2011, 02:55 PM
That's because they like to go on the fly a lot. Kevin Nash is an example.

The WWE writers and Vince McMahon is always changing their minds at the last minute...

wrestlingfan66513
09-11-2011, 12:30 AM

Wrestling is just not what it was before. WWE is at a low point right now also. TNA is the same way also.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-11-2011, 12:50 AM
One thing I hate about WWE is the fact that they think we're idiots by not mentioning any past between veteran wrestlers ex: Triple H vs. Undertaker WrestleMania X-Seven

CrowOfMurders
09-11-2011, 12:58 AM
@CrowofMurders:
Thanks for giving me a reasonable discussion and I did enjoy reading most of your points as they did make sense

1.) Ever since Undertaker vs Batista where Taker took the world title again I've been heavily against him. I have no problem with guys like Angle who are old, but holding the title as they can still work a match, but their comes a point in time when the old guys have to stop dominating the younger guys and in TNA I just don't see it. Although after watching the four way preview for BFG Series tomorrow on Impact! I do think TNA is now trying to actually push younger guys. As shown by Gunner pinning Bully Ray.

2.) I agree Samoa Joe has had a lot of success in TNA, but it seems like ever since Sting beat him BFG for the title his career has been going no where fast. I hope this storyline really brings back the SSM because that was when Joe was at his finest.

3.) Agreed with WWE lack of creating stars since RKO and Cena, but in fairness to them I do see Rhodes, Jackson, Morrison, and Miz being turned into stars in the future. I do agree with you on the Rock and Nash being back in the WWE to wrestle. I don't think they should be back. I think the Rock should stay in Hollywood and that Nash should never work another match again. Hell I think even HHH shouldn't be an active competitor in the ring.

4.) I think the problem we are seeing with the Pope is frustration because of how TNA is handling him. I mean look at how many points he scored in the BFG Series three. Throughout that entire series he has picked only 3 points due to Samoa Joe getting DQ'd none the less. I think if TNA where to treat Pope like they treat Anderson, Angle, Bully Ray, Sting, and Jeff Hardy we would see the Pope we loved when he first came in.

5.) The reason young talent left WCW though was because they weren't going anywhere. I've always said Angle has done a fantastic job of putting guys over, but TNA just refused to push them afterwards. Sting on the other hand I don't want to say he doesn't give guys the rub. I just feel like he could've done more. For instance when Sting beat Joe at BFG Joe lost a lot of credibility. When Sting dropped the title to Abyss it was by DQ. In fact I don't remember Abyss once pinning Sting during their rivalry. I love Sting and I love his gimmick, but in my honest opinion he hasn't done a good enough job of putting guys over.

6.) Okay I'll give you that and I wasn't saying WWE hasn't had their dumb storylines because oh boy they have. Mae Young giving birth to a hand, Brian Pillman with a gun, and Katie Vick just to name a few.

7.) We'll have to agree to disagree about Nexus. I don't think they where just Cena jobbers since their debut because while Barrett was their leader they always got the better of Cena. In fact Barrett had pinned Cena twice I believe during his run with Nexus. Agreed whole heartedly about the others though.

8.) Agreed with the part about familiar faces bringing you in, but at the same time those familiar faces run the risk of losing your main stars to retirement quickly. I mean to build your show around guys who are close to retirement just baffles me because I would think they would better be served as corner stones.

9.) Alright I agree to that and I do love a heel Angle more then a face Angle to. Some guys are better as heels.

10.) Yeah I think Hernandez is only a tag guy in my honest opinion. He doesn't have star quality promos/

Yea so I guess we can agree more or less. just some closing remarks:

1)Post-Hogan/Bischoff is the only time we've seen the belt stay out of a TNA original's hand,and now they're changing that w/ BFG,I doubt BullyRay is gonna get the belt, so it might be either Roode,Storm,or Gunner,most likely Roode getting the push. I think that rectifies this problem. I also agree that Taker didn't need a title reign,but building a high spectacle match around a legend is a huge attraction.

2)I want the SSM back as well,hopefully the future direction of TNA can accomodate that and make him shine again.

3)The same way you name those guys as the future stars, I think TNA is building guys to be the future of their company. The biggest rub being given to guys like Gunner and Crimson. Are they both mainevent guys? Not yet,but they have potential,and some of the talent that've been there for 5+ years also deserve that chance.

4)I get that you're a Pope mark,that's fine, I know how frustrating it is to be really behind a guy who has a ton of potential that just seems to be buried for no reason. I hope the TNA uses him more properly as well,this pseudo-tag w/ Devon is pathetic.

5) The only "big" talent I can remember making an impact leaving WCW were the "Radicals"-Guerrerro,Benoit,Saturn,Malenko. The WWE only used 2 of those guys properly after they were signed to the company for a long ass time. Benoit actually won the WCW title the night he quit. WCW,when it closed,still had a ton of talent with great potential. They had Booker as the world champ and a decent midcard roster. Also a couple of legends around(no Hogan tho) The biggest problem you seem to have is with TNA creative,which I totally agree with. I also hate how they never let guys keep their momentum. I think an Angle-Amazing Red program could have projected Red to b/c the new Rey Mysterio of the company,but they never pulled that trigger. Creative and Management were also the reason for Joe's treatment. They wanted the title to be the focus of the MEM storyline so it became the center of the feud b/w Sting and Angle,Joe loses out,but during his reign,I believe Joe even knocked Sting out cold,pretty impressive. The way Abyss won his title was also a joke,but again,Sting didn't write his storyline,and seeing the amount of ridiculous shit they've made Sting do in TNA,I think it's pretty obvious Sting is very complacent to the wishes of Russo and the writing staff,no way he uses total creative control to protect his character. That's what I think is the biggest problem. TNA coddles and protects Sting and its other legends unnecessarily at times,especially guys who want to put over the younger talent. So yea I think they should use their legends more effectively,but I don't think getting rid of them completely is the answer.

6)So we agree :)

7) Nexus wasn't so much a stable,rather than the typical bank robber goons for Superman to go stop in the beginning scene of every comic/show. They were never made a credible match for anyone and the fact that Cena would take them on 7-1 was ridiculous. Coupled with the fact that except for Barrett all of them were dead weight goons,Nexus was a pretty big failure as a stable. The storyline went nowhere(Taker beatdown being a prime example) and they never made a real mark except for making Wade ridiculously weak. Barrett is a huge guy,w/ a decent brawler style and a couple of good power moves,he didnt' need to be the sneaky leader who always needed help to win,that was the Miz. You could have enjoyed it,but I thought it was a huge failure.

8) Sting is the only main event guy that's supposed to retire,Angle/Hardy/Anderson/RVD all seem to have a couple more years in them so I don't see that risk. I find it ridiculous how this year's mania seems to have the most amount of retired legends being involved(Taker,Rock,TripleH,maybe Nash seem like they'll all end up there.) All these guys are beyond their prime and WWE is using the same name appeal to raise the value of their programming

9) I hated annoying whiny heel Angle,but badass heel Angle is f***ing awesome!

10) If Homicide comes back,maybe they can reform LAX,I think Hernandez was a fine midcard face,if they ever turn him again,and the TV title stops being a joke,he could do a decent run. But w/ a lack of tag teams,he's fine right now.

CrowOfMurders
09-11-2011, 01:01 AM
One thing I hate about WWE is the fact that they think we're idiots by not mentioning any past between veteran wrestlers ex: Triple H vs. Undertaker WrestleMania X-Seven
Yea i really really REALLY hate the WWE's revisionist history,it's really an insult to longterm fans who actually remember really big significant moments. They might as well pretend that was a different guy altogether and call him BikerTaker if they're gonna ignore the history.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-11-2011, 01:03 AM
Yea i really really REALLY hate the WWE's revisionist history,it's really an insult to longterm fans who actually remember really big significant moments. They might as well pretend that was a different guy altogether and call him BikerTaker if they're gonna ignore the history.

i'm probably betting that they're saying that masked kane and this kane are 2 different people

CrowOfMurders
09-11-2011, 05:36 AM
i'm probably betting that they're saying that masked kane and this kane are 2 different people

They were,masked kane was luke gallows :P,speaking of dumb storylines that vanished,y didn't they stick with the mask kane vs. real kane feud? i'd love to see masked kane back,and since its idiotic to make the unmasked one put on a mask again,the use of luke gallows was a great idea. But nope,no feud,no matches,no path of destruction,Masked Kane just taunted Real Kane for a couple of weeks,and then was literally thrown out of the building and disappeared,what a waste smh

dub
09-11-2011, 10:21 PM
From what I hear around that time Desmond had an attitude problem. So it wasn't fully a case of TNA dropping the ball with him. Don't forget either that Desmond developed a medical condition that prevented him from competing in the ring and is still affected by that condition to this day.

Thanx for sharing that Bodom. Had no idea. I was just thinking to myself when he was still there... WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY DOIN WIT THIS KID?!?!?!? Now I know :) but as far as AJ being the future? JMO I think people still say he is the future because he STILL has not had that "time" to carry the company on his back. I mean he has been the best wrestler with that company for so long and he still hasn't recieved the proper push. He should be to TNA what Orton and Cena is to WWE..... Still hasn't happened, sad but true.