PDA

View Full Version : Ring The Bell - Episode #2

ELNIOJR
09-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Hello everyone! Welcome to the second episode of my little show, my forum-sode like the guys are calling it now (which I loved by the way). This, is Ring The Bell.

Two guests from the EWN Forum, randomly picked, secretly invited. One Question/Topic facing them in a 2 on 1 Handicap Discussion, and of course, NO COCONUT allowed. And if you missed episode #1, it’s here (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?9259-Ring-The-Bell-Episode-1).

Now let’s get this thing started. Our Topic today is the “Not anymore Masked” Big Red Monster Kane. I still hear and read out there people saying and asking for Kane to bring his Mask back.

So does the WWE need, the masked Kane? Do we fans need, a masked Kane? And most of all, does HE Kane, need to bring his Mask back?

Probably we had this topic discussed before, Im sure not recently, and this is something different. So mods, you be nice and let’s hear our guests:

VanHooliganX (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?7270-VanHooliganX): Ah Kane. I remember being a youngster first seeing Kane on TV. A stupidly tall, masked wrestler who was a force to be reckoned with, and this was just after he eliminated over a third of the royal rumble!

1 decade on he isn't the wrecking ball he once looked like, but he has done a lot over his career. 2 time Intercontinental champ, Hardcore champ, 10 time Tag Team champ and held ECW Championship, WWF Championship, the World Heavyweight Championship after winning Money in the Bank, WWF champion and the most notable wrestler to never win the Royal Rumble. Quite an impressive list. (Better than Mark Henrys list) Sure he isn't a great main eventer like Steve Austin or Edge, but he's pushed talent, had a few decent matches and had a storyline with the Undertaker which I don't think will ever be repeated again.

I agree with people who say Masked Kane was better than Unmasked Kane, but he has said in the past that it was getting harder to wrestle in the mask. So which would you take? Kane that can wrestle decently for a big guy or masked Kane that can barely see where he is in the ring? So although a masked Kane would be nostalgic to see again, I don't think its a very practical move.

I think Kane should take over the role of fighting cocky heels who Teddy Long wants to set straight like he did by making them fight Taker.

"And playa tonight playa you'll holla be playa fighting holla the Undertaker! Holla, holla, holla!" Just add more Hollas and playas where you see fit and change Undertaker for Kane. That isn't a bad role I think for him, sure its not the masked Kane everyone would love to see but it gives him something to do, helps him push more talent and he's being used pretty well.

Let's hear it from Steve Orton:

steveorton (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?4026-steveorton):Kane is a two time world champion with his first reign lasting a day, yet he has made such a big splash on the wrestling world. I know many of the Internet Wrestling Community (IWC) wants Kane to wear the mask again but I think this is a step backwards. Kane doesn't have to wear that mask to be relevant again, Evidence: I draw your attention to when Kane won his second world champion and adopted the "Devil's Favorite Demon" Gimmick and cut what I think was some of the greatest promos in his career. Even his in-ring work improved. WWE really dropped the ball here.

The Masked Kane is a character from the Attitude Era. I don't think with all the PG, no chair shots to the head and No blood rule that this character would survive in this era. I cannot see alot of people rallying around this character except those select few from the IWC. Yes we loved the masked gimmick but my question is do you really want to see it again, No not in this day and age. Many gimmicks from the past I believe wouldn't survive in this present era.

I think Kane needs to become a monster again and just create a path of destruction, probably come back and destroy both heels and faces. Mark Henry doesn't wear a mask and look at some of the things he has done to express his dominance on the WWE ( Evidence: Hall of Pain Inductees: Big Show, Kane, Kozlov) and might I add over a short period of time. Kane also needs to stop being face it just doesn't work some guys are just better as heels.

The next question what the IWC might argue is where would Kane fit in with Henry on Smackdown. Kane simply needs to be drafted to Raw, it is my belief feuds with Morrison, Bourne, Kingston, Cena and CM Punk could revitalize his career and provide some entertaining matches.

In conclusion I think the only person to blame for Kane's recent lackluster character is the WWE creative and Kane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2V7wE2cfzw

Give-A-Finger: Give a Thumbs Up/Down or even a Middle Finger to someone or something that you guys found/find Positive/Negative, Interesting/Stupid. Could be a segment, a move, a picture, a Quote, a book, something about a Superstar. You know, I Honorable Mention:

steveorton (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?4026-steveorton): Kevin Nash being supposedly fired is a positive. Many fans don't know want to make of the situation. It just goes to show that the WWE is doing something right, that is the fans cannot distinguish whether it is part of a storyline or if it is real and that my friends I believe is good for business. Jerry Lawler in commentary is a negative and stupid he clearly does know what goes on in that ring again, he doesn't even know some of the name of the moves the superstars perform. CM Punk is cool and this requires no explaination.

VanHooliganX (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?7270-VanHooliganX): The Douche who could of killed Santino Marella, luckily the Kobra makes a good makeshift seatbelt. and the divas getting stupidly upset with wwe.com posting that article.

Well, our guests spoked. Unfortunately that’s all the time we have for this week. Thank you guys for your participation, you did well. The discussion continues now on the forum, and until next week. You! Watch out, cause you might be the next Soded. See Ya!

Confused Superstar of the Week: Kurt Angle

September 1st
I was #34 of WWE all time Greatest? Tell you what, take me off the list. I'd rather not be on it, if I wasn't top 5. Who ranks wrestlers? I have never been more insulted by WWE. Top 50 #34 to me is a kick to the balls! Take me out of ratings, please. You think fans will buy that crap?

September 3rd:
I want to apologize to everyone that I disrespected with my comments about WWE's Rankings. I truly am proud to Be in Top 50. Thank you to WWE.

September 4th:
I never turn down an autograph. Impact Wrestling is about connecting with fans. WWE is not same but I love Vince Mcmahon. Always Will. GOD.

Hulk Hogan should be #1 on WWE top 50. Hello?

Wrestling legend Kurt Angle was arrested early this morning on charges of driving under the influence…TMZ has learned.

Angle was busted by Virginia State Troopers and taken to Warren County Jail. He posted $2,000 bond and was released at 3:31 AM.

Y2Jryder
09-07-2011, 03:43 PM
The best part of the thread is the last piece.
But great thread.

I personally think Kane should change his gimmick.

AOF666
09-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Agree Kane needs to become a monster heel again. He is better at it and on a side note, he been wrestling to long with out a mask now. It would be pointless for him to put one on again.

ELNIOJR
09-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Myself, I like a BAD ASS Kane, masked or not. So, it goes either way for me...

tchocky360
09-07-2011, 04:50 PM
I agree that Kane's promo on being the Devil's favourite demon was easy amongst his best stuff. Genuine shivers and him not having the mask meant you can see more expression and the look in his eyes.
He's good at that role.
I was a big fan of masked Kane but I think he's moved on and prob for the better

Y2J___Y2J
09-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Confused Superstar Of The Week = Awesome!

ELNIOJR
09-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Confused Superstar Of The Week = Awesome!

Im glaad you enjoyed it :)

charmingone28
09-07-2011, 05:56 PM
I've always enjoyed Kane mask or not, he's a rare kind of big guy in wrestling today

johnnydropkicks
09-07-2011, 07:13 PM
good read again. great episode. can't wait for next Wednesday!

wrestlingfan66513
09-07-2011, 10:55 PM
great tread its better and more refreshing than the "5 threads of doom" everyone else keeps posting

clh2285
09-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Have your people call my people, I would love to do your show. I think I would help your ratings even more.
B)

ELNIOJR
09-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Have your people call my people, I would love to do your show. I think I would help your ratings even more.
B)

Yes.Ratings.Please! That's what everybody want. Keep your phone away from Kevin Nash, and who knows. You might get a call :)

Mikeyboy7777777
09-08-2011, 09:01 AM
I liked kane actually everytime he was the first main eventer I started to like part of the reason got me into watching wrestling masked or not in a tag team or not kane will not be messed with

VanHooliganX
09-08-2011, 09:34 AM
An easy thumbs up to me and Steve Orton :D lol

steveorton
09-08-2011, 09:46 AM

Cheers mate :)

ELNIOJR
09-08-2011, 09:54 AM

That's because NO COCONUT was allowed :)

johnnydropkicks
09-13-2011, 04:50 PM
bumpity bump!

guess what day tomorrow is