PDA

View Full Version : Losing all of what respect i have had for kurt angle.

Reichwulf
09-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Alright i know there have been threads on kurt angle, being "framed" and so forth, but i wanted to make my own thread about the route he has been going in.

On the main page (news article) this was just recently released)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NVDaily.com is reporting that Kurt Angle's initial blood-alcohol concentration test was a 0.091 percent, above the state's legal limit of 0.08. The 0.06 result that Angle released to the media was from the second test, conducted at the Front Royal police headquarters Sunday morning.

As noted yesterday, police spokesman Sgt. F.L. "Les" Tyler noted that police had received a third-party call regarding Angle's vehicle, which was headed eastbound on Interstate 66. According to the call, Angle's vehicle was swerving "all over the road." State trooper C.R. Scally stated that he observed Angle's vehicle "weaving and driving down the center line" while following it for about a half mile before pulling him over.

"I made contact with the driver and detected the strong odor of an alcoholic beverage," Scally wrote in the police report. "I asked Mr. Angle, whom I identified by his Pa. drivers license, how much he had to drink and he replied he had three beers."

Scally went on to write that Angle's eyes were "bloodshot and glassy." Angle was asked to recite the alphabet from the letter "D" to the letter "P," and he "mixed several of the letters, repeated the letter 'P' and continued to 'W.'"

Angle was then asked to count backwards from 53 to 48.

"Mr. Angle started with 50, then went back to 52 and ended at 38 missing and mixing up several numbers," Scally wrote.

Angle was arrested at 2:06 a.m. after failing the initial breathalyzer test and taken to the Front Royal police headquarters, where he conducted the second test. He was released on a $2,000 secured bond and is charged with driving while intoxicated as a first-time offender, a class 1 misdemeanor.

Angle's hearing is set for Oct. 4 in Warren County General District Court. He was permitted to leave the state until his hearing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright so first he was arrested for drunk driving, i get that. We all make mistakes, and we have to deal with them, but when it comes out that, he basically lied, and the recent actions he has been having and ect. I'm starting to lose respect that i used to have for him when he was back on the wwe. Is it just tna's atmosphere that has been driving him to this or just his personality in general?

I mean i was actually looking forward for him to go into the Olympics and being a great competitor in them, i know i would have watched it for him. But where does the road lie for him after this?

The_Awesome_One
09-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Isnt it common knowledge that when someone goes from WWE to TNA, they do naughty things with Alchohol and or Drugs.

TNA should just can them all it would really help there image IMO and give younger clean talent a chance to shine.

SilverGhost
09-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Its TNA for you.

They have let a druggie wrestle. Its basically a drug den there.

HeelTurn
09-07-2011, 10:45 AM
They made Jeff World champ twice despite liegal and personal issues, they let Mr 420 hold the belt and be almost unbeatable. Now aftr everything Angle is the World Champion.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Well if I'm right, Kurt is currently under probation from his last DUI. So if he's found guilty of this, they're going to come down on him pretty hard!!

AlexWorldOrder
09-07-2011, 10:58 AM
I respect your opinion on this, but, here's some wrestling fans need to understand..

Their lives have nothing to do with ours!!
How can you lose respect for someone that doesn't even know you? I'd understand such statement if you were his son, or a family member. Your "respect" should only be applied to his work, and his personal issues have nothing to do with you, unless he kills someone in the ring for unprofessional reasons.
You have so many guys that have destroyed their bodies for our entertainment, yet people chose to dislike them because something negative about their personal lives was reported.
Take Jeff Hardy for example; the guy has done so much to his body, and as soon as he gets arrested.. "I lost respect for Jeff", what the fuck?? The only time that any fan should be angry at him, was for Victory Road. Although we don't know exactly what happened, his actions affected his performance, and some paid to see that main event.
I can still to this day, say that Chris Benoit was one of my favorites even though he lost his mind and lead to tragic events. Did I lose respect for him? No. I was a fan of his work, not of his demons, or how he killed his family.
Hulk Hogan.. What else can anyone say about him? Without him, we wouldn't even be discussing this right now. The difference with Hogan, is that Hogan can still manage to make thousands of fans mark out as soon as he puts on those colors, and comes out to punch the bad guys. When you ask any fans why they dislike Hulk Hogan, their responses only focus on his personal life, and not even his in ring work, which wasn't the greatest.
It mostly tends to be an American fashion. Respect isn't the word for your frustrations.

Rich Cranium
09-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Whatever happened to the three i's? Specifically, the Integrity part?

Bodom
09-07-2011, 11:09 AM

Kurt clearly doesn't live his gimmick.

The_Awesome_One
09-07-2011, 11:14 AM
I respect your opinion on this, but, here's some wrestling fans need to understand..

How can you lose respect for someone that doesn't even know you? I'd understand such statement if you were his son, or a family member. Your "respect" should only be applied to his work, and his personal issues have nothing to do with you, unless he kills someone in the ring for unprofessional reasons.
You have so many guys that have destroyed their bodies for our entertainment, yet people chose to dislike them because something negative about their personal lives was reported.
Take Jeff Hardy for example; the guy has done so much to his body, and as soon as he gets arrested.. "I lost respect for Jeff", what the fuck?? The only time that any fan should be angry at him, was for Victory Road. Although we don't know exactly what happened, his actions affected his performance, and some paid to see that main event.
I can still to this day, say that Chris Benoit was one of my favorites even though he lost his mind and lead to tragic events. Did I lose respect for him? No. I was a fan of his work, not of his demons, or how he killed his family.
Hulk Hogan.. What else can anyone say about him? Without him, we wouldn't even be discussing this right now. The difference with Hogan, is that Hogan can still manage to make thousands of fans mark out as soon as he puts on those colors, and comes out to punch the bad guys. When you ask any fans why they dislike Hulk Hogan, their responses only focus on his personal life, and not even his in ring work, which wasn't the greatest.
It mostly tends to be an American fashion. Respect isn't the word for your frustrations.

I respect Wrestlers for what they do outside the ring as much as I do inside the ring, just look at cena in ring he is hated but outside the ring he is respected for his work ethic and his work with the make a wish foundation

Reichwulf
09-07-2011, 11:19 AM

I appreciate you respecting my opinion, but you have to remember, ever since the war on steroids and the especially now with the media age of wrestling fans do not only focus on the in ring aspect of wrestling, they also pay attention to what their "favorite wrestler" does on the outside as well. This can be said about the same of any sport or source of entertainment.

You also mentioned the recent event's of matt hardy, that was a key example when he released his "retirement video" almost everyone thought it was a suicide note, to the point where at-least 30 or so people called the local police department to report it.

I both respected angle as a performer in ring, and out of the ring, the recent road he has taken is what i don't respect. In ring wise, he was a great athlete and still is.

I understand what you meant though, but you have to remember this is the age of viral news and where people focus more on the person as a whole, just not as a character.

dres1214
09-07-2011, 11:21 AM

You can respect someone without actually knowing them on a level personal level. IMO you can lose respect for someone and gain it back. We as fans idolize these wrestlers. We grew up with them, we watched them start their career's and now we see their career going down hill. So as a fan we just start to lose faith and see how they're destroying their life. I respect your view on this, I don't even know you. So you can respect someone without knowing them

ELNIOJR
09-07-2011, 11:23 AM

It's still there man. He just added another I to them: I-ntoxication! He has 4 I's now :)

Bodom
09-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Wonder how Direct Auto Insurance feels about sponsoring TNA after this.

Bodom
09-07-2011, 11:28 AM
It's still there man. He just added another I to them: I-ntoxication! He has 4 I's now :)

New 3 I's:

Intensity, Intransigence, and Intoxication

shambo2k9
09-07-2011, 11:37 AM
New 3 I's:

Dammit i knew i should of skipped to the end of this thread to get that joke in lol

ELNIOJR
09-07-2011, 11:38 AM
New 3 I's:

So I guess we CANNOT have 4 I's? Which means, screw the Integrity part and add Intoxication, with Intensity still in this game :D

Bodom
09-07-2011, 11:40 AM
So I guess we CANNOT have 4 I's? Which means, screw the Integrity part and add Intoxication, with Intensity still in this game :D

You can't leave Intelligence in there.

el gabo
09-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Its TNA for you.

They have let a druggie wrestle. Its basically a drug den there.

True. Even though they can't babysit and monitor what each wrestler does outside of the ring, they should punish them for this just as WWE does with their Wellness Policy.

They seem to have the NFL Madden curse lately. Let's just see how this plays out on their TV show...

ELNIOJR
09-07-2011, 11:45 AM
You can't leave Intelligence in there.

And that-Is-True!

SilverGhost
09-07-2011, 11:48 AM
New 3 I's:

This guy wins the interwebs.

K2Jelly
09-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Here's a new I. Irresponsible.

ELNIOJR
09-07-2011, 11:49 AM
True. Even though they can't babysit and monitor what each wrestler does outside of the ring, they should punish them for this just as WWE does with their Wellness Policy.

They seem to have the NFL Madden curse lately. Let's just see how this plays out on their TV show...

Remember when Matt was still with WWE, and he was crying about how he wanted his FREEDOM? Try to figure out what FREEDOM means now. In TNA everybody is FREE! RVD is in Paradise :)

el gabo
09-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Remember when Matt was still with WWE, and he was crying about how he wanted his FREEDOM? Try to figure out what FREEDOM means now. In TNA everybody is FREE! RVD is in Paradise :)

They probably threw in a 1 ounce of weed as an added bonus his his contract, which made him happier a guaranteed Championship reign(s)

shambo2k9
09-07-2011, 11:55 AM

i dont think RVD gives a shit lol he did it when he was WWE and ECW champ... so yea i agree he must be in paradise... But as we all know RVD is to cool for school. But hes been smoking it that long now its probably just like a cigarette to him know a days. lol

Reloval
09-07-2011, 11:55 AM

Any you wonder why Jeff never resigned. A few day's after his contract expired he gets busted for drugs.

ELNIOJR
09-07-2011, 11:58 AM
They probably threw in a 1 ounce of weed as an added bonus his his contract, which made him happier a guaranteed Championship reign(s)

Do you ever hear RVD complaining about his position in the card? Who cares? The guy is "FREE" with an awesome contract :)

Asherdelampyr
09-07-2011, 12:02 PM
So Kurt Angle has once again been pulled over on a DUI. is that TNA's fault? Of course not, not anymore than if I got pulled over for a DUI it would be my employer's fault. Seems like people want to treat drug abuse like something that only happens in TNA, what about Eddie? or HBK, or any of a ton of other wrestlers? Kurt is an alcoholic, he has battled the booze before, and it looks like it came back for another round.

As far as RVD, yeah, he smokes pot. Of course it seems like he is much more responsible with it, and at this point being as how he lives in Cali I am certain he has managed to get a prescription for it. To me pot is less evil than booze or painkillers, and if it stops him from hitting "harder" drugs than I am all for it. Or, to look at it from a strictly professional standpoint. How many shows has RVD showed late to? How many times has he been unable to perform in the ring? Obviously the pot is not controlling him the way the booze is controlling Kurt or the drugs controlled Jeff

ELNIOJR
09-07-2011, 12:04 PM
This video is AWESOME in so many levels :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Brj2WDSQ6w

K2Jelly
09-07-2011, 12:06 PM
This video is AWESOME in so many levels :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Brj2WDSQ6w

I guess this is where they discussed Immortal.

ELNIOJR
09-07-2011, 12:07 PM
I guess this is where they discussed Immortal.

...and More. Lol

AlexWorldOrder
09-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Theyre probably gonna have Jeff come out and be like... "Immortal provides drugs and alcohol to their champions; as soon as I joined, I hit rock bottom; then Matt. Now angle joins Hogan, and he gets arrested." Then RVD comes out, and says he wants to join Immortal.. "HEY DUDES?!! CAN I JOIN?!!" ... oh shit.. I really think they do.. Remember Bully Ray's promo with RVD when he said something like "Come on, Rob? You know the grass is greener on this side! And it has less seeds too!!" and then they showed RVD's dumbfounded face haha!
Sorry for the randomness lol

daverende5
09-07-2011, 12:28 PM
From Erik Herijgers:
Lol, those field sobriety tests are fucking retarded.
Count backwards ... would you like me to stand on my head aswell mr. officer ?
Gimme a break.
3 beers is not NEARLY enough to even have an impact on a persons ability to count some fucking numbers.
It barely influences your reaction time, let alone anything else.
If he failed, it's because he hit his peanut head too many times in the ring, and not because of some beers.

And his eyes we're bloodshot and glassy ? Yeah ... uhh .. i have that every night when im dead tired as fuck from working all day.

*sigh*

What's next ? Tieing your shoe laces with your eyes closed ?
Failed ? YOUR DRUNK !!! GET DOWN ON THE GROUND NOW !!!

*rolls eyes*

I agree with the part of three beers. 0.091 equals three beers (around 400ml each), that doesn't make you drunk, or count wrong?

daverende5
09-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Here's a new I. Irresponsible.

Because it was not his fault...

maar13
09-07-2011, 12:39 PM
i dont think RVD gives a shit lol he did it when he was WWE and ECW champ... so yea i agree he must be in paradise... But as we all know RVD is to cool for school. But hes been smoking it that long now its probably just like a cigarette to him know a days. lol

Yep, and when He got arrested he got suspended and lost both titles, he was never trusted to carry any belt again because all his detractors were afraid of what happened because they called it way before it happened. After that, he got top-mid card at best.

Pretty much one more point in going to TNA, because in reality TNA never really cared about it, even with their "Policy", yes the have one, it is like this:

tester: "RVD, you got positive on weed"
RVD (Still smoking): "What? No way"
Tester: "Yes way...SO I told you tihs will have consequences, so as a punishment for your infraction, you are going to bring a bag of wee for each and every single person in this locker room, tomorrow".
RVD: "WTF? why? What are you punish me for? it's just a one bag"
Tester: "Exactly you selfish bastard! what have we said about getting high alone? That is not good for business!"

maar13
09-07-2011, 12:46 PM
From Erik Herijgers:
Gimme a break.
3 beers is not NEARLY enough to even have an impact on a persons ability to count some fucking numbers.
If he failed, it's because he hit his peanut head too many times in the ring, and not because of some beers.

And his eyes we're bloodshot and glassy ? Yeah ... uhh .. i have that every night when im dead tired as fuck from working all day.

*sigh*

*rolls eyes*

I agree with the part of three beers. 0.091 equals three beers (around 400ml each), that doesn't make you drunk, or count wrong?

Well if you are a beginner it can take a tool on you, have seen people get really hammered with 2 beers when they are used to them, but Kurt? Come on 3 beers and I think he could sing his song backwards and stand on his head.

el gabo
09-07-2011, 12:48 PM
From Erik Herijgers:
Gimme a break.

*sigh*

*rolls eyes*

You're wrong on so many levels.

Actually, it depends on your body mass. A larger person can resist drinking more alcohol than smaller one and you can fail a breathalizer test with just ONE beer. You can drunk faster if you drink on an empty stomach and get buzzed with 1 or 2 beers, so it CAN affect your reaction time.

Your supposed to wait at least a half hour before blowing since your mouth has a some alcohol "residue" (don't know the correct term here) so the test results will mark a higher level than the actual one.

Murphdogg4
09-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Personally I don't care if a wrestler has personal problems, who am I to judge them? He's still great in the ring.

steveorton
09-07-2011, 02:57 PM
I think Tna drives wrestlers to insanity

helmsley
09-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Personally I don't care if a wrestler has personal problems, who am I to judge them? He's still great in the ring.

not that good anymore....... he is losing it in so many levels....

Asherdelampyr
09-07-2011, 03:53 PM
I think Tna drives wrestlers to insanity

I don't seeing as how both Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle had substance abuse issues BEFORE they ever got to TNA

Murphdogg4
09-07-2011, 04:00 PM
YOU DON'T RESPECT ANGLE?!! A little known fact that nobody knows...Kurt once won a Gold Medal with a broken freakin' neck.

oh it's true

AOF666
09-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Alright i know there have been threads on kurt angle, being "framed" and so forth, but i wanted to make my own thread about the route he has been going in.

On the main page (news article) this was just recently released)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NVDaily.com is reporting that Kurt Angle's initial blood-alcohol concentration test was a 0.091 percent, above the state's legal limit of 0.08. The 0.06 result that Angle released to the media was from the second test, conducted at the Front Royal police headquarters Sunday morning.

As noted yesterday, police spokesman Sgt. F.L. "Les" Tyler noted that police had received a third-party call regarding Angle's vehicle, which was headed eastbound on Interstate 66. According to the call, Angle's vehicle was swerving "all over the road." State trooper C.R. Scally stated that he observed Angle's vehicle "weaving and driving down the center line" while following it for about a half mile before pulling him over.

"I made contact with the driver and detected the strong odor of an alcoholic beverage," Scally wrote in the police report. "I asked Mr. Angle, whom I identified by his Pa. drivers license, how much he had to drink and he replied he had three beers."

Scally went on to write that Angle's eyes were "bloodshot and glassy." Angle was asked to recite the alphabet from the letter "D" to the letter "P," and he "mixed several of the letters, repeated the letter 'P' and continued to 'W.'"

Angle was then asked to count backwards from 53 to 48.

"Mr. Angle started with 50, then went back to 52 and ended at 38 missing and mixing up several numbers," Scally wrote.

Angle was arrested at 2:06 a.m. after failing the initial breathalyzer test and taken to the Front Royal police headquarters, where he conducted the second test. He was released on a $2,000 secured bond and is charged with driving while intoxicated as a first-time offender, a class 1 misdemeanor.

Angle's hearing is set for Oct. 4 in Warren County General District Court. He was permitted to leave the state until his hearing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright so first he was arrested for drunk driving, i get that. We all make mistakes, and we have to deal with them, but when it comes out that, he basically lied, and the recent actions he has been having and ect. I'm starting to lose respect that i used to have for him when he was back on the wwe. Is it just tna's atmosphere that has been driving him to this or just his personality in general?

I mean i was actually looking forward for him to go into the Olympics and being a great competitor in them, i know i would have watched it for him. But where does the road lie for him after this?

TNA isn't to happy with Angle neither. Because who he is, they won't fire him nor suspend him. His Olympic chances are done too. Unless he gets help, he will end up like Matt and Jeff Hardy.

Androo
09-07-2011, 05:11 PM
From Erik Herijgers:
Gimme a break.

*sigh*

*rolls eyes*

Well, em, uh, did you ever think he may have, oh I don't know, LIED about the three beers?!? 'Coz, em, you ain't gonna say - "oh, yeh, I had 17 beers and 15 voddy's, sowwwweeeeee", are ya?

maar13
09-07-2011, 07:45 PM
TNA isn't to happy with Angle neither. Because who he is, they won't fire him nor suspend him. His Olympic chances are done too. Unless he gets help, he will end up like Matt and Jeff Hardy.

Well Jeff seems to be doing well right now, he is coming back and is pretty much like nothing happened, they are trying to make his comeback a redemption story, so if this happens to Angle, maybe they will do the same. Not saying it is the right thing to do, but is what is happening now. Too much fear to lose star power.

Dubs
09-07-2011, 07:58 PM
So Kurt Angle has once again been pulled over on a DUI. is that TNA's fault? Of course not, not anymore than if I got pulled over for a DUI it would be my employer's fault. Seems like people want to treat drug abuse like something that only happens in TNA, what about Eddie? or HBK, or any of a ton of other wrestlers? Kurt is an alcoholic, he has battled the booze before, and it looks like it came back for another round.

As far as RVD, yeah, he smokes pot. Of course it seems like he is much more responsible with it, and at this point being as how he lives in Cali I am certain he has managed to get a prescription for it. To me pot is less evil than booze or painkillers, and if it stops him from hitting "harder" drugs than I am all for it. Or, to look at it from a strictly professional standpoint. How many shows has RVD showed late to? How many times has he been unable to perform in the ring? Obviously the pot is not controlling him the way the booze is controlling Kurt or the drugs controlled Jeff

100% agreed.

Murphdogg4
09-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Not sure if I've ever mentioned this before, but did you know that Kurt once won a gold medal with a broken freakin' neck?

KJ PUNK
09-07-2011, 08:16 PM
From Erik Herijgers:
Gimme a break.

*sigh*

*rolls eyes*

And this is all assuming Angle was telling the truth when he said "three beers." And after the past couple of years, I have no reason to believe anythign that comes outta his mouth.

wrestlingfan66513
09-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Angle will need to work hard to work past this if he wants to go to the Olympics.

Rassling_Fan
09-07-2011, 10:57 PM

Besides the fact someone already mentioned that we live in the age of Viral...

While TNA isn't responsible for Angle's actions or the actions of their wrestlers, those wrestlers do represent TNA for people who only heard of them through these reports. TNA not taking action can provide a mix message. They did good with Matt Hardy and suspended Jeff Hardy for that specific match that should not be named. TNA needs to make Angle drop the belt (at the PPV) and then suspend him to punish him for acting this way while being their World Champion, their main representative.

Enforcer23
09-08-2011, 01:19 AM
yeah TBH i dont care for him either anymore

Asherdelampyr
09-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Besides the fact someone already mentioned that we live in the age of Viral...

While TNA isn't responsible for Angle's actions or the actions of their wrestlers, those wrestlers do represent TNA for people who only heard of them through these reports. TNA not taking action can provide a mix message. They did good with Matt Hardy and suspended Jeff Hardy for that specific match that should not be named. TNA needs to make Angle drop the belt (at the PPV) and then suspend him to punish him for acting this way while being their World Champion, their main representative.

True, if he is found guilty, he should definitely be punished accordingly. suspending him would be a great way to do it.
It just seems like everyone is immediately deciding that the reason for his actions is that he is in TNA, which is utter bullshit. The reason he was drinking is that he is an alcoholic, where he works has no bearing on that