PDA

View Full Version : Brock's next fight.

Automatic
09-06-2011, 03:00 PM
UFC Predident Dana White today tweeted: "Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem, Friday, Dec. 30 in Las Vegas" which will make this Lesnar's first fight since October 2010. The winner of the fight will face the winner of the Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos fight for the UFC Heavyweight Championship.

Fuck yeah, Lesnar vs. Overeem. Can't wait. I'm really stoked right now.

Iron Ape
09-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Lesnar is going to have flashbacks to his Velasquez fight when Ubereem folds him into the fetal position and starts pounding away.

Rich Cranium
09-06-2011, 04:42 PM
I hope Brock has worked on his striking defense. Also, can we get this on free TV too?

thejman93
09-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Also, can we get this on free TV too?

I'd be stunned.

Uberreem is gonna murder Brock.

the-rocks-stunner
09-07-2011, 07:59 AM
brock lesnar vs quinton jackson then i'll talk peace

maar13
09-07-2011, 02:54 PM
I hope Brock has worked on his striking defense. Also, can we get this on free TV too?

If he hasn't he is really going to have a bad night, he relied a lot on his resiliency on his lats too fight and it didn't ended well with Velazquez.

Ain't Jackson a little small for Brock? at weight I mean. He is like 205 and Brock is like 270, that is just massive.

helmsley
09-07-2011, 03:05 PM
i think this could be a very good match and im really looking forward to it

Kenny_Penfold
09-08-2011, 08:15 AM
I'm a huge Brock fan from his WWE days and how quickly he took to MMA and really hope he wins. First of all, it's great to have him back and hopefully he's back to full health and ready to smash Overeem. I've not seen much of Overeem, just highlights and the general consensus seems to be that Brock will get battered. Brock is still an absolute monster though and he can put anyone away with his power if he's at full tilt. Brock's quick and can take a shot (he took that pasting off Carwin for five minutes). Has Overeem faced anyone like Brock that can match his power and strength? This is a genuine question because I've not seen Overeem fully but I pray for Brock.

the-rocks-stunner
09-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Ain't Jackson a little small for Brock? at weight I mean. He is like 205 and Brock is like 270, that is just massive.

it's called building yourself up for the ultimate fight of the century

Kenny_Penfold
09-08-2011, 08:51 AM
it's called building yourself up for the ultimate fight of the century

I like Jackson but he looked shit against Evans, didn't do much against Machida and wasn't that impressive against Matt Hamill for me. Apart from that, he's great. If you think that'll be the ultimate fight, I take your word for it.

maar13
09-08-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm a huge Brock fan from his WWE days and how quickly he took to MMA and really hope he wins. First of all, it's great to have him back and hopefully he's back to full health and ready to smash Overeem. I've not seen much of Overeem, just highlights and the general consensus seems to be that Brock will get battered. Brock is still an absolute monster though and he can put anyone away with his power if he's at full tilt. Brock's quick and can take a shot (he took that pasting off Carwin for five minutes). Has Overeem faced anyone like Brock that can match his power and strength? This is a genuine question because I've not seen Overeem fully but I pray for Brock.

The thing with Carwin is that he gassed himself, I mena Borkc has great resiliency but Carwin wanted to ended so bat in the first that for the second he was pretty much D. O. A. and became an easy prey for Brock. Brock though the same of Cain and tha tis why lost so fast, Cain gathered himself better ans was smarter about it. If Brock learn form both fights and studied his mistakes, he is going to be very well aware and can win his fight, but if he didn't, it is ging to be a long night for him.

Personally ywould like to see him win and get a rematch with Cain.

Dr. Death
09-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Brock keeps learning from his mistakes in the cage and his skill set gets a little better each time he steps foot in the cage. Overeem is pretty much all rounded and can give Lesnar a run for his money, however Brock has a drive to be the best that is unmatched in any sport. 2 straight losses for Lesnar is kind of hard to fathom. and this is Overeems 1st time in the UFC. It's will be a good match up, but I'll go with Brock Lesnar for the win.

maar13
09-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Brock keeps learning from his mistakes in the cage and his skill set gets a little better each time he steps foot in the cage. Overeem is pretty much all rounded and can give Lesnar a run for his money, however Brock has a drive to be the best that is unmatched in any sport. 2 straight losses for Lesnar is kind of hard to fathom. and this is Overeems 1st time in the UFC. It's will be a good match up, but I'll go with Brock Lesnar for the win.

Yeah, hopefully he did like you said and comes out on top.

VanHooliganX
09-10-2011, 03:13 PM
UFC Predident Dana White today tweeted: "Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem, Friday, Dec. 30 in Las Vegas" which will make this Lesnar's first fight since October 2010. The winner of the fight will face the winner of the Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos fight for the UFC Heavyweight Championship.

Fuck yeah, Lesnar vs. Overeem. Can't wait. I'm really stoked right now.

Wow awesome!
I'd love to see Brock vs. Cain 2 :)

Black Mass Reverend
09-11-2011, 02:29 AM

This is a joke right?

THEKEVINBRAND
09-11-2011, 03:28 AM
Well this fight will be at UFC 141, and sadly not on free tv (sorry rich)

Automatic
10-10-2011, 11:41 AM
I just saw this promo on Overeems online documentary, with a cameo of John Cena:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmBSnt1oHuE

Rich Cranium
10-10-2011, 12:10 PM
I just saw this promo on Overeems online documentary, with a cameo of John Cena:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmBSnt1oHuE

Did the UFC make that video because I am surprised they would add a WWE piece to it even though it was only for a second. Does this mean Cena is going to be a MMA fighter? ;)

Automatic
10-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Did the UFC make that video because I am surprised they would add a WWE piece to it even though it was only for a second. Does this mean Cena is going to be a MMA fighter? ;)

No, it's made by Overeem's team, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was made by UFC, considering the fact that Lesnar is going to be in WWE'12. It seems that WWE and UFC are on really good terms with each other.

Robstar
10-10-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm intrigued by the 5 round stipulation for this fight. What does anybody know about that?

I, too, hope Brock has worked on his chin and striking defense. The guy just doesn't seem to take seriously either the likelihood of him getting hit or his ability to absorb punches. That type of arrogance is the biggest threat to Brock

Dr. Death
10-10-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm intrigued by the 5 round stipulation for this fight. What does anybody know about that?

I, too, hope Brock has worked on his chin and striking defense. The guy just doesn't seem to take seriously either the likelihood of him getting hit or his ability to absorb punches. That type of arrogance is the biggest threat to Brock

You make a good point about Brock's arrogance, and it being one of his biggest threats. Brock does learn and never makes the same mistake twice, I think the fight with Cain Velasquez humbled him some. I haven't heard about a five round stipulation and would like some insight as well.

broc808
10-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Auto you spelled my name wrong there's no K at the end

and I'm stoked as well to see me kick Alistair Overeems ass

pauadrian
10-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Auto you spelled my name wrong there's no K at the end

and I'm stoked as well to see me kick Alistair Overeems ass

i knew you would say something eventually

Iron Ape
10-10-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm in the minority in that I A. think Ubereem's got this and B. don't think Lesnar is really all that.

Robstar
10-10-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm in the minority in that I A. think Ubereem's got this and B. don't think Lesnar is really all that.

Either way, this is make or break for Brock. If he loses, I don't see much future for him in MMA. He needs to make it a decisive win, if he can get past Overeem at all.

Dr.Death - not sure if this is the first 5 round non title fight in UFC (?) but that's what I have been reading.

Iron Ape
10-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Either way, this is make or break for Brock. If he loses, I don't see much future for him in MMA. He needs to make it a decisive win, if he can get past Overeem at all.
It's definitely make or break in terms of proving that he deserves to be in title conversations. If he were to lose, though, I think his marquee value is strong enough that he would still be kept around for special attraction bouts. Wouldn't mind it, either, as I think something like a Lesnar/Big Country fight would be a fuckton of fun.

Automatic
10-11-2011, 12:43 PM

I also think that, but what do I know I'm biased.

Rich Cranium
10-11-2011, 01:51 PM
I also think that, but what do I know I'm biased.

Well, from what I hear, Lashley is headed back to the wrestling world so at least there is an option open for Brock.

I do however have my hopes up that Brock will surprise us and destroy his opponent.

Kenny_Penfold
10-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Well, from what I hear, Lashley is headed back to the wrestling world so at least there is an option open for Brock.

I do however have my hopes up that Brock will surprise us and destroy his opponent.

I really hope Brock has learnt his lesson after being destroyed by Cain. Brock did catch and rock him though so I'm sure he can still put Overeem away with his raw power. He was humbled when he came back from his lay off and I thought he'd been taught his lesson when he took that pounding off Carwin and somehow in true Frankie Edgar stylee, managed to survive. He seemed really happy and content after he'd managed to win by submission but Cain really brought him down to earth. There was all the stuff that he was apparently ignoring Dana and was in talks with Taker and they tried to work something after the Carwin fight. Obviously that didn't come off but if he does lose, he'll come back to WWE for Mania or SS and work a match as he'd love to do.

Automatic
12-05-2011, 01:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gv_WOcgNqdU

Dr. Death
12-05-2011, 04:43 PM
This is gonna be one heck of a fight! Can't wait for it to happen, I hope they have a stacked card all the way through.

Iron Ape
12-05-2011, 05:51 PM
A small, small part of me is actually wanting to see Lesnar win it, if for no other reason than to finally watch JDS feed him his teeth and send him packing back to his cabin in the woods (where he could, I imagine, drink all the Coors Light that he wants).

Rich Cranium
12-05-2011, 05:56 PM
A small, small part of me is actually wanting to see Lesnar win it, if for no other reason than to finally watch JDS feed him his teeth and send him packing back to his cabin in the woods (where he could, I imagine, drink all the Coors Light that he wants).

That's if Alistair doesn't feed Brock his teeth first.

Iron Ape
12-05-2011, 06:05 PM
That's if Alistair doesn't feed Brock his teeth first.
True dat, Rich. And if I have my way, Ubereem will do just that.

For whatever reason, it just never gets old watching Lesnar curl into a fetal position whenever someone dare tests that chin.