PDA

View Full Version : Sequels, Prequels for Games you Love

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Just a fun thread for people to say their ideas for games they love and what they would do differently or what they would include if a sequel or prequel was released.

For Example

As the Mass Effect players amongst us know Mass Effect 3 will be the final chapter for Commander Shepard. So for Mass Effect 4 i would do a prequel leading up to the blitz. I would just love to have a few characters that have been mentioned that we havent seen yet appear as either Major characters or part of your crew.

I mean i would love if Saren would join your team and it leads up to him becoming a spectre, Dr. Chawkas actually being a member of your team as a field medic, Captain Anderson being a private, Meeting Ashley Williams Grandfather or father would be excellent. As Well as seeing Udina go from assisant to Ambassador. Or even having Liara's Mother or her mother/father in the team would be awesome to.

I know alot of you will say but Mass Effect 3 isnt out but i do hope they make a prequel as there is alot they could do with it.

HeelTurn
09-05-2011, 05:13 PM
I would love a Saren and Nihlus spin off game.

Beutiful Chaos
09-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Just a fun thread for people to say their ideas for games they love and what they would do differently or what they would include if a sequel or prequel was released.

For Example

As the Mass Effect players amongst us know Mass Effect 3 will be the final chapter for Commander Shepard. So for Mass Effect 4 i would do a prequel leading up to the blitz. I would just love to have a few characters that have been mentioned that we havent seen yet appear as either Major characters or part of your crew.

I mean i would love if Saren would join your team and it leads up to him becoming a spectre, Dr. Chawkas actually being a member of your team as a field medic, Captain Anderson being a private, Meeting Ashley Williams Grandfather or father would be excellent. As Well as seeing Udina go from assisant to Ambassador. Or even having Liara's Mother or her mother/father in the team would be awesome to.

I know alot of you will say but Mass Effect 3 isnt out but i do hope they make a prequel as there is alot they could do with it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Beutiful Chaos
09-05-2011, 05:15 PM
I would love to see a sequel to Call of Duty 2

Bodom
09-05-2011, 05:16 PM
If they do a 4th game, I really don't want it to be a direct sequel to Mass Effect 3. This story arc needs to end as a trilogy.

Now a game set during the First Contact War? or The Rachni War's and the deployment of the Genophage? That would be badass.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 05:19 PM
If they do a 4th game, I really don't want it to be a direct sequel to Mass Effect 3. This story arc needs to end as a trilogy.

Now a game set during the First Contact War? or The Rachni War's and the deployment of the Genophage? That would be badass.

Cant do Rachni War its set 100's if not thousands of years before The Mass Effect. And with Bioware its all about the humans.

First Contact would be cool BUT no characters have been built up for that period apart from Ashley Williams Gramps.

And the MAJOR issue with a sequel is how does Mass Effect 3 end???? We dont know and we dont know how many endings there will be thats why i see the only possibility of if we get a 4 it will be a prequel

Necroyeti
09-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Mother 4.

I don't care what the plot is, just give me another Mother game.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Mother 4.

I don't care what the plot is, just give me another Mother game.

Thats Earthbound aint it? The Kid from Smash Brothers?

HeelTurn
09-05-2011, 05:25 PM
New Alex Kidd and Tombi games please.

And really, nobody would want to see a Saren and Nihlus prequel game?

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 05:27 PM
New Alex Kidd and Tombi games please.

And really, nobody would want to see a Saren and Nihlus prequel game?

Saren YES i wanna see what turned him so twisted.

But Nihlus well i wouldnt mind seeing him return in a cameo role but his part is done for me

Tomsta666
09-05-2011, 05:27 PM
How did I know this was going to be another thread slobbering on the dick of Mass Effect.
That game sure does get your Mass Erect now doesn't it children? :D

Necroyeti
09-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Thats Earthbound aint it? The Kid from Smash Brothers?
Yeah, Earthbound is the second Mother game. It's beyond excellent.

Subject Zero
How did I know this was going to be another thread slobbering on the dick of Mass Effect.
That game sure does get your Mass Erect now doesn't it children? :D

Its for ANY game its just Mass Effect is the 1 serious i wish would continue.

Just as 6 or 7 years ago it was KOTOR

Beutiful Chaos
A Fallout sequel in NYC. When the food really starts to run out, no more Fancy Lads or Cram, when everyone turns into a raider. Or everyone is either a ghoul or super mutant, then we get I am Legend.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Yeah, Earthbound is the second Mother game. It's beyond excellent.

Never played it. Its meant to be quite a nice game into that real evil image comes up and it takes it to another level or something i know its in the top 10 creepist moments in gaming in alot of lists

Necroyeti
09-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Never played it. Its meant to be quite a nice game into that real evil image comes up and it takes it to another level or something i know its in the top 10 creepist moments in gaming in alot of lists
It's a debatable subject but...

The place where the final battle takes place, The Devil's Machine, looks eerily like a cervix... and the final boss, Gigyas, looks eerily like a foetus. Which kinda makes the game a thinly veiled euphamism about abortion.

Nonetheless, it was one of the best RPGs of the 90's.... and the 90's had a LOT of awesome RPGs. Mother 3 is even better, if you ask me.

Black Mass Reverend
09-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Knights of the Old Republic 3 please! Why the fuck Bioware decided to make an MMO over a proper sequel just boggles my mind. How about after they're done with Mass Effect 3 they show us KOTOR fans some love and remake 1-2 & follow them up with 3? I just got a boner thinking about it...

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Knights of the Old Republic 3 please! Why the fuck Bioware decided to make an MMO over a proper sequel just boggles my mind. How about after they're done with Mass Effect 3 they show us KOTOR fans some love and remake 1-2 & follow them up with 3? I just got a boner thinking about it...

Bioware lost the rights for KOTOR 2. And i think Bioware only got the rights for KOTOR if they did a MMO

I mean im pissed off its MMO also and now i hear its limited copies.

Black Mass Reverend
09-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Bioware lost the rights for KOTOR 2. And i think Bioware only got the rights for KOTOR if they did a MMO

I mean im pissed off its MMO also and now i hear its limited copies.

How very odd. There's so much money to be made there.. LucasArts has to see that. Have the fans not been vocal enough?

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 06:02 PM
How very odd. There's so much money to be made there.. LucasArts has to see that. Have the fans not been vocal enough?

I think it was over money or freedom to do what they want with it or something. We havent really had a decent Star Wars MMORPG and you make more money with MMOs then you do with normal games.

KOTOR 2 is a game that annoys me. I mean Kotor 1 was superior in everyway to its sequel and with RPGs youd expect an improvement but no.

I cant see a KOTOR normal RPG coming out for atleast 5 years.

Bioware has Dragon Age which has replaced Neverwinter and the have Mass Effect which has replaced KOTOR.

And i cant see them dropping Mass Effect for KOTOR. That would be stupid.

Black Mass Reverend
09-05-2011, 06:33 PM
They don't have to drop ME. If what I've heard is true, that ME3 is going to be the past then I don't see why they can't do both. Take a few years off to do KOTOR & then afterwards get back to ME if they want. Or fuck it, have another team work on KOTOR. Part 2 was a disappointment, but I still play at least twice a year. Helps that I have the PC version. The KOTOR modding community is awesome!

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 06:43 PM
They don't have to drop ME. If what I've heard is true, that ME3 is going to be the past then I don't see why they can't do both. Take a few years off to do KOTOR & then afterwards get back to ME if they want. Or fuck it, have another team work on KOTOR. Part 2 was a disappointment, but I still play at least twice a year. Helps that I have the PC version. The KOTOR modding community is awesome!

I cant see them doing that. Bioware is a small company and tend to only release 2 games a year. IF THAT. I dont think they have that many teams plus with EA with there deadline whip out they need everyone they have to complete these games in time.

We dont want another KOTOR 2 again do we? The most unfinished game i can think of. Although VMB was hugely unfinished.

With this KOTOR thing i see it as a test run. I the game sells well and then maybe BUT!!!!!!

Bioware tends to limit itself to different kinds of RPGS.

I mean they use to do Neverwinter Nights and Kotor.

And now they do Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Add the new MMORPG and that company is pushed to the limit.

Bodom
09-05-2011, 07:37 PM
And i cant see them dropping Mass Effect for KOTOR. That would be stupid.

I'd fucking riot. As much as I love KOTOR, Mass Effect is superior to it in every way.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 07:41 PM
I'd fucking riot. As much as I love KOTOR, Mass Effect is superior to it in every way.

It wont EVER happen Mass Effect belongs to Bioware they have creative rights for it. They will drain all the can from the series trust me.

They defiantly wont drop it for KOTOR

Bodom
09-05-2011, 08:04 PM
And don't get me started on The Old Republic.

What a knife in the fucking back that game is

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 08:08 PM

What did you expect(although to be honest i brought it the day it came out)

No Bioware, its was rushed and they left half the crap that had been removed in the game.

Plus the characters were poor and it felt alot shorter.

Black Mass Reverend
09-05-2011, 08:22 PM
What did you expect(although to be honest i brought it the day it came out)

No Bioware, its was rushed and they left half the crap that had been removed in the game.

Plus the characters were poor and it felt alot shorter.

I believe he's talking about the MMO not KOTOR2

Black Mass Reverend
09-05-2011, 08:23 PM

It still stings :(

Black Mass Reverend
09-05-2011, 08:25 PM
I'll probably still get ToR, just because I'm such a Star Wars fanboy...

KJ PUNK
09-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Well I'm a big God of War fan and I'm getting both a prequel (the two PSP games are getting put on a PS3 disc and goes on sale next week as God of War Origins) and a sequel (expected to be out next year). Don't know where they will go with the sequel, but as long as Kratos is back I don't care.

VanHooliganX
09-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Although Gears of War is "The End" of the series. Nothing is saying there won't be a prequel that focuses on how Marcus betrayed the COG in the first place and what happened in the pendulum wars.

GOW4 could happen :)

HeelTurn
09-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Onimusha on the Playstation, the first 3 were fun and that was supposed to be it. Then they made a crappy un-needed 4th one. Also the Legacy of Kain series, the last one killed off a few characters and it looked as thought the story was coming to an end.

zapphoman
09-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Breakdown for the X-Box and Def Jam Fight for New York.

Breakdown to me was an awesome game. It didn't get received to well but I still think it was a fun game with an interesting story(could do without Alex , the freakin idiot) and if they could of focused on making the gameplay and graphics better I think they could of made an enjoyable sequel.

I, to this day, still enjoy Def Jam: Fight for New York. The production quality wasn't bad and the gameplay, to me, was top notch(kickboxing and submission hybrid FTW!) Def Jam Icon sucked.