PDA

View Full Version : Poor Drew Mcintyre

Bennyladd1
09-05-2011, 06:02 AM
I feel really sorry for him, hes young, can work a good match, gets a good reaction (boo's/cheers, check superstars matches) and in my opinion has a lot of potential...just don't get why hes not being pushed, instead hes being buried.

VanHooliganX
09-05-2011, 06:05 AM
I feel really sorry for him, hes young, can work a good match, gets a good reaction (boo's/cheers, check superstars matches) and in my opinion has a lot of potential...just don't get why hes not being pushed, instead hes being buried.

They should use drew for tag teams if they're not doing anything with him. At least then hes helping rebuild that division

The_Awesome_One
09-05-2011, 07:08 AM
They should use drew for tag teams if they're not doing anything with him. At least then hes helping rebuild that division

but team him with who, Tyler reks???

the-rocks-stunner
09-05-2011, 07:26 AM
i predict a major push before the end of 2012 whoooooo-ooooooooooooo-oooooooooo

VanHooliganX
09-05-2011, 07:33 AM
but team him with who, Tyler reks???

Unsure really. Tyler and him would be an interesting tag team lol

machoo mann
09-05-2011, 07:38 AM
another Drew McIntyre thread? i agree with everyone here, he's mad talented but we can't do nothing but wait for creative staff to pull their heads out of their asses and figure out something to do with underutilized wrestlers like McIntyre, Barreta, Reks, Hawkins etc. meanwhile just watch Superstars.

BlazersDozen
09-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Push him, put him where he should've stayed (Smackdown) & fued him with Sheamus. Let him win the fued & he's easily in the WHC picture.

jordan1995
09-05-2011, 08:30 AM
another Drew McIntyre thread? i agree with everyone here, he's mad talented but we can't do nothing but wait for creative staff to pull their heads out of their asses and figure out something to do with underutilized wrestlers like McIntyre, Barreta, Reks, Hawkins etc. meanwhile just watch Superstars.

tottaly agree with that marra

jr512
09-05-2011, 08:40 AM

I heard HHH was a big supporter of his along with shawn and was pushing for push for the kid
Guess he didn't play the backstage politics well to get enough pushes

Russo swerve
09-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Nobody knows why he is not getting pushed

Russo swerve
09-05-2011, 09:39 AM
I heard HHH was a big supporter of his along with shawn and was pushing for push for the kid
Guess he didn't play the backstage politics well to get enough pushes

I heard chris masters was getting a push after wm and were is he now?

sincara
09-05-2011, 10:07 AM
sd needs to keep their talent rather than having them shipped to raw
drew on sd he looked great had good feuds and was always on the show but then he is sent to raw and is constantley burried on superstars
the same happened with adr on sd he was set to carry the show and looked like the future of the wwe but then until mitb on raw he lost all momentum and just looked like an average midcarder

this happens because in the draft raw dosent want to loose many big stars but is overjoyed to take all of sd`s

Y2Jryder
09-05-2011, 10:21 AM
I heard chris masters was getting a push after wm and were is he now?

so true^^^^

Y2Jryder
09-05-2011, 10:21 AM

dude the boo's in superstars are edited

Chazztastic
09-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Drew is good, but so are many of the other underutilized stars. The sad thing is that he was in position to be something big, but that all fizzed away. I already saw what he can bring to the table, just like Jack Swagger (and I'm a Jack Swagger fan). I just want to see what the other guys can do like JTG, Barretta, Hawkins, Reks, etc. I just wish there was a stable with a manager like the old days. Having a stable always got more Superstars on camera and eventually in the ring.

RampantLion2010
09-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Why don't they pair up superstars with Mr. Long Island Iced Z? Start a faction with him, helping wrestlers to get over who haven't been seen in a while (i.e. Drew McIntyre, Hawkins, Trent Baretta, etc.). All very talented guys...

nrb6304
09-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Drew is good, but so are many of the other underutilized stars. The sad thing is that he was in position to be something big, but that all fizzed away. I already saw what he can bring to the table, just like Jack Swagger (and I'm a Jack Swagger fan). I just want to see what the other guys can do like JTG, Barretta, Hawkins, Reks, etc. I just wish there was a stable with a manager like the old days. Having a stable always got more Superstars on camera and eventually in the ring.

Have you been watching RAW lately? Swagger and Ziggler? lol. I could see Drew being apart of that stable too. Maybe not even a stable but Vickie's....pack?

cubco
09-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Have you been watching RAW lately? Swagger and Ziggler? lol. I could see Drew being apart of that stable too. Maybe not even a stable but Vickie's....pack?

I was thinking something similar. I think it depends if they want to turn Ziggler face and have him break away from Vickie. But yeah, if Swagger and Ziggler can see eye-to-eye and then Vickie brings in McIntyre, its a pretty strong team there.

maar13
09-05-2011, 12:08 PM
The issue of Drew is the same most new guys have gotten, like Dolph the year before he won the IC title from Mysterio, or Swgger right now, he was the flavor of the month for creative and they decided to go with some else. I twas not because Drew was bad, they simple change their mind about hm, tha thappens a lot, point and case: Ted DiBiase, Creative has drpped the ball with the guy so many yimes tha tis not evn funny. I am not sayign he is more talented than Drew, just making a clear example of how someone can be misused.

Also, do't really know if this has nothing to do with it, but his ex-wife (Tiffany-Taryn Terrel) also worked there and was fired after an incident in a hotel and after beign released also crapped over WWE on twitter and even at some interviews. They split last year but who knows, maybe he is getting the same treathment thatn Morrison, only worse. It was too sudden since he lost the IC title and then all the way even to lost a few matches at superstars, that really have to suck.

The_Awesome_One
09-05-2011, 12:17 PM
IMO they should add him to the whole conspiricy storyline/stable with r truth and miz, saying something along the lines of

'I was the chosen one hand picked by vince himself and ever since he has been out, I have been ignored and buried in favor of the poster boys and it sickens me'

Necroyeti
09-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Remember that one time he was over as fuck at Elimination Chamber?

Yeah, that was awesome.

Danny92
09-05-2011, 12:47 PM
could see him and mason ryan coming back as a tag team with regal as manager.... one can wish haha

TheRockerGother
09-05-2011, 01:36 PM
When you push one guy you make another one a jobber figure it out it's not that hard.(no offense)

The_Awesome_One
09-05-2011, 01:45 PM
When you push one guy you make another one a jobber figure it out it's not that hard.(no offense)

true............. but they dont need to job for no reason its just lazy put them in an actual fued with whoever they are jobbing to so that they retain some credability and arnt treated like glorified local competitors

Dude573
09-05-2011, 01:47 PM
The mans modesty is legendary, he hasn't complained once. In a way that's probably a downside, he isn't a backstage politician. Dare I say something like, he is too much of a nice guy WWE?

Y2J___Y2J
09-05-2011, 02:07 PM
I don't like his in-ring personally. There's no real intensity, not like what you get with Punk, Orton, HHH, Taker..
Everything he does just seems a little forced and it's fairly predictable..
He does cut a decent promo though.

Dude573
09-05-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't like his in-ring personally. There's no real intensity, not like what you get with Punk, Orton, HHH, Taker..
Everything he does just seems a little forced and it's fairly predictable..
He does cut a decent promo though.

I agree, but remember, he is only 26 years old, considerably young. Plus he has only mainly been in British Indie promotions, which kind of fail in comparison to American ones. I think its safe to say, he is still learning.

Rilla
09-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Remember that one time he was over as fuck at Elimination Chamber?

Yeah, that was awesome.

This. Arguably the in the top 2 or 3 performances in that particular match(Matched only by Edge and Rey)

VanHooliganX
09-05-2011, 02:19 PM
could see him and mason ryan coming back as a tag team with regal as manager.... one can wish haha

You sound very close to just saying you could see the unamericans back :)

Brewer 314
09-05-2011, 02:41 PM
He messed up when he got involved with that crazy blonde chick...

AOF666
09-05-2011, 03:42 PM

They have nothing for him just like many others.

Y2Jryder
09-05-2011, 03:51 PM
He is the chosen one to get released next.
Or maybe after JTG, wtf is he still doing there

evilgenius780
09-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Charisma is important, and he lacks that, his promos are dull, as is his entrance. I don't find his ring work to be anything spectacular but clearly there are plenty of people that disagree with me on that. Like in many cases, rising star on Smackdown, gets moved to Raw....the end

Danny92
09-05-2011, 08:19 PM
dark match with primo this week :( such a shame

LoGik
09-05-2011, 10:46 PM
and he has one of the most bad ass entrance themes in wwe

SESAfro
09-05-2011, 11:21 PM
No, THE most bad-ass entrance theme. I got a giddy when he was talking to Christian. Then he forgot where the frame ended. Poor, poor Drew.

Bennyladd1
09-06-2011, 05:16 AM

very true :)

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-06-2011, 05:45 AM
He is very talented, and I always stop what I am doing when he pops up on screen. The guy is extremely talented, but he is clearly the next Chris Masters as of right now. I hope that by the time the next ppv rolls around that Drew gets a more serious role on one of the shows. They should have NEVER called him "The Chosen One" an then push him into the ground. Was he chosen for one of the bigger titles? What happened to that?

VanHooliganX
09-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Or maybe after JTG, wtf is he still doing there

Last time I saw him he was telling Vladamir Koslov to stop planking because he told him to be more gansta, not planksta. He called him a nimcompoop at 1 point as well.
As you can see, you miss a lot of great ENTERTAINING moments on NXT...