PDA

View Full Version : The Summer Of Punk II -- Was It Worth It?

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-05-2011, 02:33 AM
Well, with "The Summer Of Punk II" officially coming to a close tomorrow night on RAW, how do you think it went?? Let's go down the list and see what we get:

1.) Announced that he will walk out of WWE with his Championship when his contract expires.

2.) Drops the "Pipebomb" and lays waste to THE 'E with a single promo.

3.) Embarasses VKM and the rest of the cronies by going on an impressive tirade during contract negotiations.

4.) WALKS OUT of THE 'E with their Championship and goes on tour with it for a few weeks.

5.) Comes back and is dual Champion with Cena for a month.

6.) Beats Cena (again.) to become the sole Champion, with a ton of controversy.

7.) Was thrown into a high profile feud with Nash, Stephanie, John Lauranitis and most importantly, Haitch.

8.) Getting another Championship chance on RAW this week.

9.) Having a high profile match with Haitch @ "Night Of Champions".

Wow, that's a lot of stuff. Buty, has it all been good? Have we experienced all that we should have during this Summer? Do you think there should have been more? Remember, it's only been a couple months so, there was a ton that happened in that time span. I personally believe it's gone by nice and smooth. Let's have your thoughts and opinions, what would you have done instead?

S.E. Zero
09-05-2011, 02:41 AM
Its been quite the thrill ride but I'm still waiting to see what happens tomorrow and that WWE Championship match.

But it has been a Straight Edge Summer in my opinion.

LMPunker
09-05-2011, 03:39 AM
Its been quite the thrill ride but I'm still waiting to see what happens tomorrow and that WWE Championship match.

But it has been a Straight Edge Summer in my opinion.

what wwe title match where does it say that?

SLEEPY LOCO1
09-05-2011, 03:46 AM
The "Summer of Punk" was cool, but in my opinion he should have stayed away longer to make his walking away with the belt more believable.

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-05-2011, 04:00 AM
what wwe title match where does it say that?

CM Punk VS Alberto Del Rio for the WWE Championship starts the show and whoever wins that match faces John Cena at the end of the show for the WWE Championship as well. It's been advertised all over the place.

VanHooliganX
09-05-2011, 04:29 AM
It was a rememorable summer and totally worth it.
Too many people overthought this whole thing and didn't enjoy it for what it was. (God forbid attitude era 2 happens, I would hate to see threads about people giving ideas on what should happen in that)

The Brown One
09-05-2011, 04:34 AM
CM Punk VS Alberto Del Rio for the WWE Championship starts the show and whoever wins that match faces John Cena at the end of the show for the WWE Championship as well. It's been advertised all over the place.

Shit I really hate when Cena gets a shot in THE SAME NIGHT for the WWE title. Its just unfair to whoever had to go through the grueling match to win the title a few hours earlier. Having Cena main event every PPV is enough, so why do they also have him in WWE title matches the same night as someone else competes for it? Seriously, thats bad booking.

SLEEPY LOCO1
09-05-2011, 04:43 AM
Shit I really hate when Cena gets a shot in THE SAME NIGHT for the WWE title. Its just unfair to whoever had to go through the grueling match to win the title a few hours earlier. Having Cena main event every PPV is enough, so why do they also have him in WWE title matches the same night as someone else competes for it? Seriously, thats bad booking.

The WWE also did that when Rey won the belt. After beating the Miz he had to come back out later the same night to defend against a fresh Cena.

broc808
09-05-2011, 04:43 AM
There is still a lot left to tell this angle is not over and the ending if we are lucky could be one of the best angles WWE has done (excluding punk vs. nash if it happens.

broc808
09-05-2011, 04:56 AM

and I guess I don't read Ryan Clarks news enough cause this is the first ive heard this but punk does deserve a rematch but I could see Nash/HHH interrupting that match

bcfccalum
09-05-2011, 05:02 AM
am i missing something?? cena's champion again?

VanHooliganX
09-05-2011, 05:04 AM
am i missing something?? cena's champion again?

No. But I think most people would choose him over ADR which is stupid.

BlazersDozen
09-05-2011, 05:20 AM
Only thing I would change about it is a couple things.

1) it made no sense for Cena to be mad at ADR for cashing in his briefcase against Punk but they sort of saved this by a few people saying this on RAW last week.

2) Cena coming out the victor when this is all said & done tomorrow night.

LMPunker
09-05-2011, 05:21 AM

oh i thought you meant on raw tonight yeah i knew about the house show cards but thought you meant raw

The Brown One
09-05-2011, 07:10 AM
The WWE also did that when Rey won the belt. After beating the Miz he had to come back out later the same night to defend against a fresh Cena.

Good memory. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this bullshitery.

zrdt12
09-05-2011, 12:10 PM
That same day in the headlines it said Rey Mysterio was preparing for a HUGE push... lmao 1 hour title reigns. At least now he can just retire and never come back.

daniel bryan mark
09-05-2011, 12:33 PM
A few things:

1. This is the most confusing thread ever. Since when can there be 2 Summers of Punk When there is only one summer. I haven't seen the first one end yet.

2. CM Punk vs ADR and then winner vs Cena is for house shows, not Raw. They've been doing this recently.

3. Since when is this coming to an end tomorrow? They still have Punk/HHH and ADR/Cena at Night of Champions, which is still at least a week away(I dont remember the exact date of the PPV).

Necroyeti
09-05-2011, 12:39 PM
A few things:

1. This is the most confusing thread ever. Since when can there be 2 Summers of Punk When there is only one summer. I haven't seen the first one end yet.
The first summer of Punk was in 2005.

In June 2005, Punk accepted a deal with World Wrestling Entertainment, after a try-out match against Val Venis on its Sunday Night Heat show. Even though he had accepted the deal, Punk went on to defeat Austin Aries with his Pepsi Plunge move, winning the ROH World Championship on June 18, 2005 at Death Before Dishonor III. Immediately after the match, Punk proceeded to become a villain and started a storyline where he threatened to bring the ROH World Championship to WWE with him. For weeks, Punk teased the ROH locker room and the ROH fans as well as mocking the championship he possessed, going so far as to sign his WWE contract on it. During the storyline, Mick Foley made several ROH appearances, attempting to convince Punk to do the right thing and defend the title on his way out. On August 12, 2005 in Dayton, Ohio, Punk lost the ROH World Championship to James Gibson in a four corner elimination match consisting of himself, Gibson, Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels, who re-debuted after a year-and-half absence. Punk's final scheduled match in Ring of Honor took place at Punk: The Final Chapter on August 13, 2005 against long-time friend Colt Cabana in a two out of three falls match, which he lost. In his last match, Punk was visibly crying and was showered with streamers when he posed in the middle of the ring.

It would gave taken like five seconds to google "summer of punk"

maar13
09-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Well I have liked these two months a lot, and still a lot of answers that we need. Personally i am looking forward tot he HHH VS Punk match, to see how much everyone else gets involved in it.I am hoping for Punk to win, but I also know it is HHH, so who knows what is going to happen.

Y2J___Y2J
09-05-2011, 02:04 PM
The lead up to MITB was amazing but it's not over. I think Punk's been reigned back in the last couple of weeks but the next few weeks should be interesting..

AOF666
09-05-2011, 03:51 PM
WWE screwed alot of it up. Threating to fire Cena, when Cena vs Rock at WM was booked a year in advance. Then after Punk won at MIIB, 2 weeks later make Cena champ again. Then have Punk return, then have duel champions. Making Del Rio champ, then had problems with work visa. Punk having a fued with Nash, just to end up having a match with Haitch.

jordan1995
09-05-2011, 03:55 PM
whoever voted for didnt care ....why and are you a human

Rich Cranium
09-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Summer of Punk 1?

zrdt12
09-05-2011, 04:35 PM
The first summer of Punk was in 2005.

In June 2005, Punk accepted a deal with World Wrestling Entertainment, after a try-out match against Val Venis on its Sunday Night Heat show. Even though he had accepted the deal, Punk went on to defeat Austin Aries with his Pepsi Plunge move, winning the ROH World Championship on June 18, 2005 at Death Before Dishonor III. Immediately after the match, Punk proceeded to become a villain and started a storyline where he threatened to bring the ROH World Championship to WWE with him. For weeks, Punk teased the ROH locker room and the ROH fans as well as mocking the championship he possessed, going so far as to sign his WWE contract on it. During the storyline, Mick Foley made several ROH appearances, attempting to convince Punk to do the right thing and defend the title on his way out. On August 12, 2005 in Dayton, Ohio, Punk lost the ROH World Championship to James Gibson in a four corner elimination match consisting of himself, Gibson, Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels, who re-debuted after a year-and-half absence. Punk's final scheduled match in Ring of Honor took place at Punk: The Final Chapter on August 13, 2005 against long-time friend Colt Cabana in a two out of three falls match, which he lost. In his last match, Punk was visibly crying and was showered with streamers when he posed in the middle of the ring.

It would gave taken like five seconds to google "summer of punk"

Thanks but I never knew how to watch ROH so this is meh. Is it on tv? I know ppvs are on the internet or something.

BlazersDozen
09-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Anyone else notice that they are kind of recycling Punk storylines from RoH? He did the Straight Edge thing with Colt & a female against Raven. Threatening to take the RoH title to WWE. There's another one but I forgot what it was lol.

RagingBallsFTW
09-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Yes it has been worth it. Of course, the storyline will continue beyond the summer. But it was a hell of a summer for the WWE unlike recent years.