PDA

View Full Version : A tool so people who make their own threads can lock/move them?

Reichwulf
09-03-2011, 09:02 PM
I was wondering if it was possible for us to have a thing so we can lock our own threads, or be able to move them to their respected areas.

I've seen a couple times were people have made threads and wanted them to be locked as their were dups or just didn't want their threads anymore.

I know i'm pretty new around here and i don't know if this has already been mentioned in the past, but i feel like it's a needed addition :D

Thoughts?

Bodom
09-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Or you can just PM one of the 5 mods. It's what we're here for.

It's why we volunteered for the position we have. So we can do these sort of things for you guys.

Reichwulf
09-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Or you can just PM one of the 5 mods. It's what we're here for.

It's why we volunteered for the position we have. So we can do these sort of things for you guys.

Yeah, but i feel instead of pestering others it would be a lot easier to say oops, i made a mistake (lock)

or oh it would be better in this section (move it there).

Just something i noticed and wanted to toss out there.

Bodom
09-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Requests like those aren't a nuisance to us, nor do we view it as pestering.

It's an interesting idea but you shouldn't second guess sending any of us a PM asking to do something for you. It's why we're here.

Kashdinero
09-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Requests like those aren't a nuisance to us, nor do we view it as pestering.

It's an interesting idea but you shouldn't second guess sending any of us a PM asking to do something for you. It's why we're here.

Speak for yourself, bruv... Its way annoying when that happens.

I'm kidding of course.

Like Bodom said, feel free to ask away.

Rich Cranium
09-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Speaking from experience, if I create a thread and later realize someone beat me to it, I just post 'please close'. However, the merging deal is a bit different in that I have seen lots of people get upset when their thread is moved and they cannot locate it. I think a courtesy PM or something would be helpful in this situation, but that's my two cents worth.

jordan1995
09-04-2011, 08:55 AM
We need a like button

Androo
09-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Nah you don't want this TOOL, 'coz you'd get TOOLS being TOOLS using this TOOL like a TOOL when they're Thread or whatever was correctly moved/merged by the Mods, and then those TOOLS become petulant TOOLS moving it around like a TOOL 'coz they got butthurt about it all, and they're imbecilic TOOLS.

helmsley
09-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Nah you don't want this TOOL, 'coz you'd get TOOLS being TOOLS using this TOOL like a TOOL when they're Thread or whatever was correctly moved/merged by the Mods, and then those TOOLS become petulant TOOLS moving it around like a TOOL 'coz they got butthurt about it all, and they're imbecilic TOOLS.

you sound like a total tool.........lol

Rich Cranium
09-04-2011, 02:04 PM

Can I have some of whatever your on?

Androo
09-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Can I have some of whatever your on?

Why does that come across like I'm on something? Perfectly valid statement, with the overuse of the word TOOL and it's double meanings adding to the tone, and emphasising the nature of the comment.

Rich Cranium
09-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Why does that come across like I'm on something? Perfectly valid statement, with the overuse of the word TOOL and it's double meanings adding to the tone, and emphasising the nature of the comment.

I was just employing sarcasm to no avail. ;)

Polly-Pablo
09-20-2011, 05:59 PM
I was just employing sarcasm to no avail. ;)

I got it Rich....after I finished laughing at the original 'tool' post.....loved it!