PDA

View Full Version : Wade Barrett. A good choice or bad choice?

SilverGhost
10-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Your thoughts on the "bareknuckle fighter" Wade Barrett.

Thoughts, complaints, issues, how to make him better, etc

I think he has a great future in the WWE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF5yhWKxxws

Robstar
10-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Like. He needs some polish, maybe a few more moves but he can talk and has charisma. He has benefitted from being brought in this way, with Nexus off the back of NXT, rather than simply being elevated to the main roster alá Sheamus or McIntyre. Everytime I see Drew I ask myself, "why should I give a toss about this guy? what has he done to deserve to be noticed?" Drew should JOIN Nexus

SilverGhost
10-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Like. He needs some polish, maybe a few more moves but he can talk and has charisma. He has benefitted from being brought in this way, with Nexus off the back of NXT, rather than simply being elevated to the main roster alá Sheamus or McIntyre. Everytime I see Drew I ask myself, "why should I give a toss about this guy? what has he done to deserve to be noticed?" Drew should JOIN Nexus

I like the ending of this.

Barrett is a powerhouse but I bet in FCW he was more than that. Out of the international stars, Barrett has impressed me the most. He is great on the mic and I like the guy and character.

There are some things to work on but Barrett isn't bad AT ALL!

Robstar
10-06-2010, 11:03 PM
No you are right, he's not bad at the moment but he could stand to be better. The main problem is that with Cena and Barrett in Nexus is a recipe for implosion. You can see that's where they're headed with it. I just hope Barrett doesn't get destroyed and left in SuperCena's wake before being relegated to mid card status. I'd like to see Barrett break away from Nexus - maybe a face Barrett vs heel Cena? I'd buy him as a face too

brad9993
10-07-2010, 12:32 AM
I really like him, i can see leading WWE in the future.

merhardt03
10-07-2010, 12:44 AM
He makes u hate him so much that I love it. Him The Miz Vickie and Cole do such a great job. I just hope Barrett isnt buried after the demise of Nexus.

SilverGhost
10-07-2010, 12:45 AM
No you are right, he's not bad at the moment but he could stand to be better. The main problem is that with Cena and Barrett in Nexus is a recipe for implosion. You can see that's where they're headed with it. I just hope Barrett doesn't get destroyed and left in SuperCena's wake before being relegated to mid card status. I'd like to see Barrett break away from Nexus - maybe a face Barrett vs heel Cena? I'd buy him as a face too

I agree. I don't want this gem of a big guy to be left in the cupboard and gather dust.

shanethewolf
10-07-2010, 02:39 AM
He's excellent and a worthy main eventer. He always impressed me on the mic, but at HIAC his match with Cena was outstanding. Ok, he didn't fly around the ring or have many high spots, but the psychology was perfect! As I've said before, I got flashbacks to some classic Bret Hart matches.

Scottland
10-07-2010, 03:37 AM
Personally, I think Wade Barrett as well as Sheamus are the two best young talents WWE can really do something with as they have the potential, charasma & characteristics to be top guys unlike the rest of the younger talent. I think Wade Barrett will do fine & will get even more better over time. I think him starting a feud with Randy Orton is going to benefit him greatly especially since Orton is one of the better performers in the business. I think Barrett has a bright future especially as a heel. I don't think he will be the face of the WWE at all (Cena's the face for the moment but Orton is clearly going to be handed that title soon) but Barrett will be one of the top guys for sure if WWE uses him correctly.

vbirwin
10-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Barrett is very good with the potential to be great.

The brilliant thing about NXT is that WWE was able to take 7 or 8 guys they thought had potential, put them out there for performance evaluation and for the fans to see, and at the end of the show they knew which ones were over and which ones weren't before they came to the main roster. The standouts were obviously Bryan and Barrett and of the two Bryan is the better worker but Barrett definately better fits the mold of Vince's idea of a WWE Main Eventer. With a bit of polishing I can see him at the top tier for a long time.

mrqib
10-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Wade Barrett, Shamus, the Miz and Alberto Del Rio are the best heals at this point of time.

If the creative teams continues pushing these guys with good matches and story lines, they going to be huge.
My only complain with Barrett is he needs a stronger finisher. That's about it.

The KANEROONIE!!!
10-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Random thought, but I wish they would've continued McIntyre's push. He was doing great, then they killed his push and he's had no credibility since then imo.

Rated_PG13
10-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Good or bad, the way WWE seems to be booking this storyline, I think Wade Barrett is about to become the WWE Champion. Randy really doesn't need the title to be over with the crowd, and Barrett winning the gold just ups the Cena/Nexus storyline tenfold. I think the strap would look good on Barrett - with pinfalls over Cena (several times) and others, he seems credible in a very short period of time.

Young Guns
10-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Wade Barrett and Bryan Danielson were my favourites to win NXT season 1. And that was purely because Barrett has the size that Vince loves his main eventers to have and his promos were the best out of that group of guys, and that was before I saw him wrestle. His match at HIAC was his first big on his own, I mean a single match that didn't last 5 minutes on RAW, and he did really well. He will be a main eventer, he has psychology side down to do it. But main problem with him is that he needs to add a few more moves to set and change that finisher of his, I'm not a big fan of it, I didn't find it believable when he did it to Mark Henry, you could see he was really struggling to lift him. But what do I know?

Robstar
10-07-2010, 07:13 PM
He makes u hate him so much that I love it. Him The Miz Vickie and Cole do such a great job. I just hope Barrett isnt buried after the demise of Nexus.

Agree 200% about Cole, Vickie & Miz too!

SilverGhost
10-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Wade Barrett and Bryan Danielson were my favourites to win NXT season 1. And that was purely because Barrett has the size that Vince loves his main eventers to have and his promos were the best out of that group of guys, and that was before I saw him wrestle. His match at HIAC was his first big on his own, I mean a single match that didn't last 5 minutes on RAW, and he did really well. He will be a main eventer, he has psychology side down to do it. But main problem with him is that he needs to add a few more moves to set and change that finisher of his, I'm not a big fan of it, I didn't find it believable when he did it to Mark Henry, you could see he was really struggling to lift him. But what do I know?

Same could be said for Cena. Barrett's and Cena's finishers are close to similar. Though I think the Wasteland is a bit stronger.

jcagosto
10-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Wade Barrett's finisher is kind of anti-climatic.

SilverGhost
10-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Wade Barrett's finisher is kind of anti-climatic.

Meaning.
?

SilverGhost
10-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Anyone know of his FCW days?

SilverGhost
10-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Random thought, but I wish they would've continued McIntyre's push. He was doing great, then they killed his push and he's had no credibility since then imo.

You know WHY they stopped pushing him.

DarkSide
10-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Barrett - is good, but they need to spread the spotlight.

Still, Barrett has been around for only a few months, he has more charisma in his ears than the whole of Drew Mcintyre. I don't like that guy...I bet even a girl can slap him around...

SilverGhost
10-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Barrett - is good, but they need to spread the spotlight.

Still, Barrett has been around for only a few months, he has more charisma in his ears than the whole of Drew Mcintyre. I don't like that guy...I bet even a girl can slap him around...

Who? Barrett? Barrett will tell the girl to slap herself and SHE WILL LIKE IT! xD

Barrett did impress people. The match with Cena at HIAC showed everyone he can hang with the main eventers and possibly kick out from their finishers. I mean....Cena AA'ed him and he kicked out.

DarkSide
10-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Who? Barrett? Barrett will tell the girl to slap herself and SHE WILL LIKE IT! xD

Barrett did impress people. The match with Cena at HIAC showed everyone he can hang with the main eventers and possibly kick out from their finishers. I mean....Cena AA'ed him and he kicked out.

I meant Drew.

Yes, HIAC showed that the WWE gods have a lot of faith in him to put him over like that. Now Cena is a sad panda.

SilverGhost
10-08-2010, 02:15 PM
I meant Drew.

Yes, HIAC showed that the WWE gods have a lot of faith in him to put him over like that. Now Cena is a sad panda.

Oh ok xD Drew lost that with Tiffinay xD

I hope we get to see Barrett and McIntyre face off soon. Or Sheamus. Triple threat match with an Irishman, a Scot, and an Englishman. All three of them are tough as nails.

Scottland
10-08-2010, 04:00 PM

McIntyre is just another one of those guys for whatever reason got a push even though he lacks in certain elements & doesn't really have the caliber to really be a main eventer by any means which so many young WWE talents today don't. Among the upcoming young talents Barrett & Sheamus are the only two that have the caliber, characteristics & charisma to be true main eventers as every other upcoming young talent is a mid-card talent at best.

SilverGhost
10-08-2010, 04:33 PM
McIntyre is just another one of those guys for whatever reason got a push even though he lacks in certain elements & doesn't really have the caliber to really be a main eventer by any means which so many young WWE talents today don't. Among the upcoming young talents Barrett & Sheamus are the only two that have the caliber, characteristics & charisma to be true main eventers as every other upcoming young talent is a mid-card talent at best.

It was Tiffinay that screwed Drew xD

Robstar
10-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Ever noticed Barrett's hair is always perfect? All the time? I don't know why but it makes him seem even cooler to me.

SilverGhost
10-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Ever noticed Barrett's hair is always perfect? All the time? I don't know why but it makes him seem even cooler to me.

Lol his hairstyle is classy dude xD

Scottland
10-08-2010, 06:32 PM
It was Tiffinay that screwed Drew xD

Well...yeah literally & figuratively lol.

SilverGhost
10-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Well...yeah literally & figuratively lol.

You see this quote!^^^^^^^

I was right! Proof that Drew has nowhere to go! xD

SilverGhost
10-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Barrett should get a new finisher.

NecroButcher187
10-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Wade Barrett is a damn good talent, although the writers are making his balls a little too big for his britches. I'm sure he's not going to complain about getting a super-mega push though. He could, however, use a new finisher....something a little more severe and sinister for his size and demeanor.

SilverGhost
10-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Wade Barrett is a damn good talent, although the writers are making his balls a little too big for his britches. I'm sure he's not going to complain about getting a super-mega push though. He could, however, use a new finisher....something a little more severe and sinister for his size and demeanor.

Agreed. New finisher is a must.

Iscariot
10-10-2010, 09:24 PM
I agree that Barrett and Sheamus are the new bright stars on the firmament, both have proven that they can carry a main-event match on a PPV, look imposing, get psychology in their matches, and the have their wits with them. Not only in promos, that can be rehearsed, but when they need to ad-lib. (Listen to Barrett as commentator on FCW, or Sheamus when he was scouting out the opposition with the commentators on RAW.)

And they are both big lads with (from what I hear) good work-ethics. All of which makes them perfect in VKM's eyes.

As for finisher, I don't think Wasteland is too bad, it looks painful and damaging. But he should get himself more than one big finisher, so as not to be to predictable in the matches, and give the bookers more to work with.

As for McIntyre, his push was a bit half-hearted at best, and wasn't helped with him getting a reputation for sloppy ring work. But I think teaming him with Rhodes is a smart move. They can dominate the Tag-division for a bit as champs. They seem to have a believable chemistry, as both are cocky and full of themselves in their gimmick. With Rhodes superior mic-skills, and McIntyres power in the ring (He must have added at least 15 pounds of muscles since his debut?), they have what it takes to build on each others strengths, and elevate themselves from mid-card status as singles wrestlers. God knows WWE needs to breathe new life into the tag-divisions.

Scottland
10-10-2010, 09:55 PM
I agree that Barrett and Sheamus are the new bright stars on the firmament, both have proven that they can carry a main-event match on a PPV, look imposing, get psychology in their matches, and the have their wits with them. Not only in promos, that can be rehearsed, but when they need to ad-lib. (Listen to Barrett as commentator on FCW, or Sheamus when he was scouting out the opposition with the commentators on RAW.)

And they are both big lads with (from what I hear) good work-ethics. All of which makes them perfect in VKM's eyes.

As for finisher, I don't think Wasteland is too bad, it looks painful and damaging. But he should get himself more than one big finisher, so as not to be to predictable in the matches, and give the bookers more to work with.

As for McIntyre, his push was a bit half-hearted at best, and wasn't helped with him getting a reputation for sloppy ring work. But I think teaming him with Rhodes is a smart move. They can dominate the Tag-division for a bit as champs. They seem to have a believable chemistry, as both are cocky and full of themselves in their gimmick. With Rhodes superior mic-skills, and McIntyres power in the ring (He must have added at least 15 pounds of muscles since his debut?), they have what it takes to build on each others strengths, and elevate themselves from mid-card status as singles wrestlers. God knows WWE needs to breathe new life into the tag-divisions.

I will fully agree that Wade Barrett & Sheamus are well if not already on there way of being top main eventers of the WWE & both have solid gimmicks to be the top heels for years to come. Personally, they are the only two in today's WWE youth movement who truly have proven to be worthy as top main eventers while so many other young guns still haven't proven themselves.

SilverGhost
10-11-2010, 12:09 AM
I will fully agree that Wade Barrett & Sheamus are well if not already on there way of being top main eventers of the WWE & both have solid gimmicks to be the top heels for years to come. Personally, they are the only two in today's WWE youth movement who truly have proven to be worthy as top main eventers while so many other young guns still haven't proven themselves.

I agree with Barrett and Sheamus. The only thing that makes them similar is that they are big guys(also they are international stars)

I kinda feel that WWE is still looking for big mean guys and not working up the smaller talents like Bryan and Kaval etc

Though Barrett is my favorite kind of a big bad guy with class.

Scottland
10-11-2010, 12:22 AM
I agree with Barrett and Sheamus. The only thing that makes them similar is that they are big guys(also they are international stars)

I kinda feel that WWE is still looking for big mean guys and not working up the smaller talents like Bryan and Kaval etc

Though Barrett is my favorite kind of a big bad guy with class.

Actually, Kaval may be getting a push down-the-line here soon since WWE wants to turn him heel & have him begin a feud with Rey Mysterio which would be a hell of alot better then the feud with Alberto Del Rio who's a joke on so many levels.

SilverGhost
10-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Actually, Kaval may be getting a push down-the-line here soon since WWE wants to turn him heel & have him begin a feud with Rey Mysterio which would be a hell of alot better then the feud with Alberto Del Rio who's a joke on so many levels.

Oh pfft forgot about Kaval xP (Thank god)

Anyways....

DarkSide
10-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Barrett should get a powerbomb as a finisher. It hardly gets used nowadays - or Hernandez' Overhead Choke Suplex (love that move).

SilverGhost
10-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Barrett should get a powerbomb as a finisher. It hardly gets used nowadays - or Hernandez' Overhead Choke Suplex (love that move).

I kinda see Barrett with a powerbomb.

Robstar
10-14-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm totally sold on this guy now. His mic work on this weeks Raw was exceptional. He's got so much natural charisma. I actually think he'd make a great face eventually. Loved the headbutt to Miz too

IrkenInvader
10-14-2010, 06:05 PM
It seems like a good choice now but nobody can tell the future.

SilverGhost
10-14-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm totally sold on this guy now. His mic work on this weeks Raw was exceptional. He's got so much natural charisma. I actually think he'd make a great face eventually. Loved the headbutt to Miz too

The guy is good on the mic. His charisma or the level of heatd he gets is great. I want him to stay as a heel. xD

TheBeardOfZeus
10-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Barrett is incredible in my eyes, i think atm he's my favourite person to watch on Raw in and out the ring, just edging out The Miz.

If carried on like he is now, he has a massive future.

SilverGhost
10-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Barrett is incredible in my eyes, i think atm he's my favourite person to watch on Raw in and out the ring, just edging out The Miz.

If carried on like he is now, he has a massive future.

I believe the same too.

SilverGhost
11-01-2010, 01:25 AM
I guess this thread deserves a restart for now.

Mr. McMahon
11-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Barret f****** sucks, he has no charisma, he has a monotone voice and his mic skills are worse than Jeff Hardy's. The only thing different about him is his accent. He has not cut a single great promo, most of them are your generic WWE heel promos, there is nothing that differentiates Wade from your generic heel guys. He is no where even close to great heels of all time.

Daniel Bryan should have been the leader. Wade Barett should take a back seat to David Otunga. Otunga has more charisma in one finger compared to Barett. Otunga can cut a promo, he has style, charisma and damn the guy is cocky. He might not be as good in the ring as Wade but in the WWE that doesn't matter. Go to ROH if you want to see wrestling.

All in all Wade is your generic heel guy, nothing special about him. Just because he beats cena most of the IWC love him, thats about the only reason. Offcourse Jericho is gonna boast about him on twitter on all, do you honestly think Jericho would say anything negative about any current WWE star on the roster on twitter? I don't think so, he would be in big trouble if he said anything negative about Wade (since he is involved in the main event scene right now).

Stop being so naive, WWE used twitter to hype storylines. Jericho is just doing his job, he probably got paid to say that.

None of Wade's promos are memorable, no one is gonna youtube for 'wade barrett moments' in two years from now.

SilverGhost
11-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Barret f****** sucks, he has no charisma, he has a monotone voice and his mic skills are worse than Jeff Hardy's. The only thing different about him is his accent. He has not cut a single great promo, most of them are your generic WWE heel promos, there is nothing that differentiates Wade from your generic heel guys. He is no where even close to great heels of all time.

Daniel Bryan should have been the leader. Wade Barett should take a back seat to David Otunga. Otunga has more charisma in one finger compared to Barett. Otunga can cut a promo, he has style, charisma and damn the guy is cocky. He might not be as good in the ring as Wade but in the WWE that doesn't matter. Go to ROH if you want to see wrestling.

All in all Wade is your generic heel guy, nothing special about him. Just because he beats cena most of the IWC love him, thats about the only reason. Offcourse Jericho is gonna boast about him on twitter on all, do you honestly think Jericho would say anything negative about any current WWE star on the roster on twitter? I don't think so, he would be in big trouble if he said anything negative about Wade (since he is involved in the main event scene right now).

Stop being so naive, WWE used twitter to hype storylines. Jericho is just doing his job, he probably got paid to say that.

None of Wade's promos are memorable, no one is gonna youtube for 'wade barrett moments' in two years from now.

Again, you're just mad because you got 450'ed by Gabriel.

You honestly see nothing in Wade Barrett? I see the future growing for this guy. The man CAN cut a promo. The man CAN wrestle.

Pittbull
11-01-2010, 10:00 AM

Also being British I think Barret gets the whole English dry humour down to a tee! It's also good to see Brit's like Barrett and Sheamus becoming household names in the WWE! I'm going to Raw in Manchester NXT week and just watch the appreciation Wade will get from his home town fans!

SilverGhost
11-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Also being British I think Barret gets the whole English dry humour down to a tee! It's also good to see Brit's like Barrett and Sheamus becoming household names in the WWE! I'm going to Raw in Manchester NXT week and just watch the appreciation Wade will get from his home town fans!

I would pay to see the apprieciation. He maybe Nexus but I know people from his home will love him.

podgemeister
11-01-2010, 10:22 AM

When you see Sheamus in manchester can you please call him british and see what happens. Irish people do not like being called british.

SilverGhost
11-01-2010, 10:24 AM
When you see Sheamus in manchester can you please call him british and see what happens. Irish people do not like being called british.

HAHAHAHAHA

This is true. xD

Mr. McMahon
11-01-2010, 10:40 AM
name me one memorable promo from wade? nothing... generic heel stuff that any heel would say.

SilverGhost
11-01-2010, 10:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwOZzbnpOEM

Psychology wise, this was good.

Pittbull
11-02-2010, 09:24 AM

Lol think it depends if your northern Irish or not which Sheamus isn't

For me it's just having a Brit (Englsih accent) in and the British phrases like 'Knock your block off Cena" that I find entertaining!

IrkenInvader
11-02-2010, 07:59 PM
name me one memorable promo from wade? nothing... generic heel stuff that any heel would say.

He hasn't been here long enough.

SilverGhost
11-02-2010, 09:39 PM
He hasn't been here long enough.

Other than that psychological segment, this is true.