PDA

View Full Version : History of the WWE tag team championship

Breakthecode13
09-02-2011, 02:06 PM
First thread!! I've been watching Shawn Michaels DVDS and the ladder match DVD and seeing how good tag matches used to be. Seeing as the WWE seems to be trying to revitalize the tag division, maybe they could make a DVD like the history of the IC, WHC and WWE titles. It could include matches from every era and matches from both title histories (World and WWE) before the unification. Hell, it could even include WCW tag matches since they where unified also at one point. The only kink I see to this plan is Benoit; sadly some of the good tag matches where with him and they cant be seen anymore (like the debut of the WWE belts with Angle). What do you guys think about this DVD and what matches would you put??

Y2J___Y2J
09-02-2011, 02:41 PM
They already have separate DVD's on all the titles...?

steveorton
09-02-2011, 02:53 PM
They already have separate DVD's on all the titles...?

Yes I think so too

Y2J___Y2J
09-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Yes I think so too

I thought that to.. so I don't really get the point of this thread?!!

NaterD4
09-02-2011, 03:59 PM
I believe he is saying he'd like a history of the tag team title DVD set like there is for the WWE Championship, WHC, and IC championship.

Breakthecode13
09-02-2011, 04:11 PM
I believe he is saying he'd like a history of the tag team title DVD set like there is for the WWE Championship, WHC, and IC championship.

Yeah this is what I meant. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Yeah I meant a DVD of just the History of the Tag team Championship in WWE

Reichwulf
09-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Wow from what i can tell, they actually don't have this...(from what i looked)

I would probably buy it if they released a whole set for the history of the greatest tag teams & matches for wwe & wcw.

It's a great idea and one i wished they would have picked up on.

clrj3514
09-02-2011, 09:38 PM
I would love it! Maybe with their interest in the tag division lately they could do this. Putting it out while trying to revive tag team wrestling could get people interested.

Reichwulf
09-02-2011, 09:43 PM
I would love it! Maybe with their interest in the tag division lately they could do this. Putting it out while trying to revive tag team wrestling could get people interested.

I agree with that, it would definitely build up on them building up, if that makes sense :p

GeoJones
09-03-2011, 09:17 AM
This sounds like a good idea although it'll just put the point across even more that current tag team division is in need of serious help when compared to the great tag teams of the past

evilgenius780
09-03-2011, 10:46 PM
First thread!! I've been watching Shawn Michaels DVDS and the ladder match DVD and seeing how good tag matches used to be. Seeing as the WWE seems to be trying to revitalize the tag division, maybe they could make a DVD like the history of the IC, WHC and WWE titles. It could include matches from every era and matches from both title histories (World and WWE) before the unification. Hell, it could even include WCW tag matches since they where unified also at one point. The only kink I see to this plan is Benoit; sadly some of the good tag matches where with him and they cant be seen anymore (like the debut of the WWE belts with Angle). What do you guys think about this DVD and what matches would you put??

I think this is a great idea, the Tag Team Championships need all the exposure they can get, and it would be a very entertaining watch.

Reichwulf
09-03-2011, 11:00 PM
This sounds like a good idea although it'll just put the point across even more that current tag team division is in need of serious help when compared to the great tag teams of the past

Yeah, it would defiantly get the fans more interactive with the tag teams that way the wwe can push it more with fan support as well

atleast one could hope for that.

jelle1809
09-04-2011, 09:40 AM
I believe a better dvd would be the greatest tag teams of them all.

Breakthecode13
09-05-2011, 01:27 PM
I believe a better dvd would be the greatest tag teams of them all.

They already made a DVD of "the greatest teams" it was hosted by the miz and morrison and had dx and E&C on the cover. I think a championship history is better because it guarantees some of the best matches and lets you see a wider variety of teams, instead of the classic greatest that are always on.