PDA

View Full Version : Nov. 12th UFC on FOX

SilverGhost
09-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Headline match: Junior Dos Santos vs Cain Velasquez for the Heavyweight Title!

Thoughts or predictions on this.

thejman93
09-02-2011, 12:28 PM
I am so fricken pumped after seeing this. Great exposure for MMA.

Cain wins.

Rich Cranium
09-02-2011, 12:38 PM
That is HUGE news! Just think how many PPV buys that would have been! But in the end, like Jman said, exposure can lead to even more dinero!

body slam
09-02-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm really suprized they are giving it away for free. FOX must have paid some big bucks.

World B. Free
09-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Can't get enough of the UFC... Junior Dos Santos vs Cain Velasquez is gonna be crazy!!!

SilverGhost
09-02-2011, 12:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeK-YhHX5SE

UFC on FOX promo

And the news on the title fight was recently announced on their Facebook and their site.

http://www.ufc.com/news/First-Fox-Main-Event-Cain-vs-JDS

Automatic
09-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Well, I'll be downloading that event.
Very nice.

HCollins-TNA1
09-02-2011, 03:44 PM
FOX might be the new world wide leader in sports with NFL, MLB, NASCAR and NCAA College Football and now MMA....

Automatic
09-02-2011, 03:52 PM
FOX might be the new world wide leader in sports with NFL, MLB, NASCAR and NCAA College Football and now MMA....

Lawl, all American bro.

broc808
09-02-2011, 04:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeK-YhHX5SE

UFC on FOX promo

And the news on the title fight was recently announced on their Facebook and their site.

http://www.ufc.com/news/First-Fox-Main-Event-Cain-vs-JDS

completely irrelevant to the thread but 10,000 posts truly one of the greatest users here

SilverGhost
09-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Lol xD Thanks

Looking forward for the Jones/Rampage fight and Nov 12th lol

HBK
09-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Cain vs JDS will be a great match, last 2 years iv'e thought they were the best 2 heavyweights and told every1 they are even when brock was "king" but i still like JDS to win this, and yes Bones and Rampage will be a hell of a fight but not as good as Jones and Evans even tho i hate Evans he is great, but if Jones get's by both of them, he might have a Anderson Silva type run and might not be beat for along time, but only time will tell

Kenny_Penfold
09-03-2011, 08:32 AM
This fight is going to be fucking amazing and I can't call it. I was a little shocked at how good Dos Santos looked against Carwin, he battered him and it's only because Carwin has an unbelievble chin that he didn't finish him. Velasquez destroyed Brock and Lesnar won't be in the title picure for a while and may just battle Carwin again to get the number one contender spot. Cain's cardio is class and is persistent at takedowns and mauling opponents. Both possess huge power and they are the standout guys. Dos Santos had far too much movement for Carwin and he couldn't handle him whilst Brock caught Velasquez early on in the fight. He didn't quite rock him but you feel if Dos Santos catches him clean, he is so fast with his punches, the fight could be over. I'm not really making a prediction because it could go either way, both are going to beat the shit out of each other. :D

HCollins-TNA1
09-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Headline match: Junior Dos Santos vs Cain Velasquez for the Heavyweight Title!

Thoughts or predictions on this.

Pretty evenly matched for the most part... will side with Junior Dos Santos

Rich Cranium
09-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Pretty evenly matched for the most part... will side with Junior Dos Santos

Yeah, I am going to side with JDS also. He is very impressive and so is Cain but Cain has been out which may or may not affect him.

Dr. Death
09-09-2011, 07:54 AM
This is going to be one of the best match ups of 2011 in MMA. I'm real excited about JDS vs Cain Velasquez especially for free on FOX!!!! I feel like a little kid who found his daddy's playboys for the first time. I think Cain will win but it could go either way, both JDS and Cain Velasquez have phenomenal power, Speed I think would have to go to JDS, Overall skill set I think are pretty even. This is going to be great.

Robstar
10-18-2011, 05:00 PM
It seems the UFC are pulling out all the stops for their debut on the Fox Network. It would appear they are giving us this long awaited fight for free! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_Fox:_Velasquez_vs._Dos_Santos

Impressions?

Automatic
10-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Wasn't it always supposed to be on FOX network and therefore be free?
I'm really interested in the ratings. I don't expect them to go into round 3.

Robstar
10-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Probably always intended but come on Automatic, you should know by now, it's not news or interesting until Robstar has posted on it! Come on! ;)

Anyway, I just thought it was interesting that such a big fight wouldn't be featured on a PPV. But then, this isn't wrestling, haha

SilverGhost
11-05-2011, 07:50 PM
I can't believe the day is almost here!

Iron Ape
11-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Lol xD Thanks

Looking forward for the Jones/Rampage fight and Nov 12th lol
I'd be more excited if the outcome wasn't such a foregone conclusion. Should still be fun watching Bones whip dat ass, though.

Robstar
11-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Lawl, all American bro.

Don't you know, sports don't exist outside America? ;)

You can't really go past Cain in this, but if anyone can take him, it would be Dos Santos. I think what people don't take into account is that once you've won the title, once you've climbed to the top through pure hunger and sacrifice, defending puts them into a different position, a different mindset. It's the simple difference between trying to hold onto what you have rather than striving to attain something you so desire.

I'm just super fucking pissed that I'm going to miss it. It's only screening here on a channel I don't get in my current area. And I refuse to stream it, too much lag

Robstar
11-05-2011, 08:30 PM
I'd be more excited if the outcome wasn't such a foregone conclusion. Should still be fun watching Bones whip dat ass, though.

Jones already beat Jackson. He's got Machida next.

Androo
11-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Hey, everyone's already looked past UFC 138 with no mention of it, lol. C'mon, Leben v Munoz y'all!! 'Mon! Ha. Did anyone watch? I caught a couple of fights, but I was about 40% attention, so couldn't really reiterate the happenings. I know Leben got beat by his corner stopping it, but I don't know the deets.

Androo
11-05-2011, 08:40 PM

You can't really go past Cain in this, but if anyone can take him, it would be Dos Santos. I think what people don't take into account is that once you've won the title, once you've climbed to the top through pure hunger and sacrifice, defending puts them into a different position, a different mindset. It's the simple difference between trying to hold onto what you have rather than striving to attain something you so desire.

I'm just super fucking pissed that I'm going to miss it. It's only screening here on a channel I don't get in my current area. And I refuse to stream it, too much lag

I think only the main event is going to be shown on an hour long slot on FOX. The rest of fights are all gonna be on Facebook for everyone, I think, that's normally decent quality on there. Could just stream for the main event, maybe?

Robstar
11-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Too much of a lag in streaming here and it just ruins MMA fights

SilverGhost
11-05-2011, 09:10 PM

You mean Bones/Evans?

I WANNA SEE BONES KICK HIS ASS!

Robstar
11-05-2011, 09:36 PM
You mean Bones/Evans?

I WANNA SEE BONES KICK HIS ASS!

Dude, Evans is out (he woulda got smashed anyway) and Machida is in.

Iron Ape
11-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Machida has no shot, either.

Is this fight supposed to be for the title? If so, that's ridiculous.

Robstar
11-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Question is: Is there anyone that can pose a threat to Bones? The only person I can think of is Anderson Silva and they're different weight classes anyway

Iron Ape
11-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Question is: Is there anyone that can pose a threat to Bones? The only person I can think of is Anderson Silva and they're different weight classes anyway
I really don't see anyone on the immediate horizon.

And call me crazy, but I actually think Bones could be the antidote to Silva's poison. I mean, if someone like Sonnen could dominate Anderson for 5 rounds, just imagine what a guy of superior wrestling AND striking could do.

SilverGhost
11-05-2011, 10:55 PM

Machida has no shot, either.

Is this fight supposed to be for the title? If so, that's ridiculous.

After the Rampage fight, Jones next fight was for the title.

Sucks to know that both Evans and Machida has no shot....so what will be next?

Iron Ape
11-05-2011, 11:13 PM
After the Rampage fight, Jones next fight was for the title.
Do you mean that it will be for the title? I'm just asking because the way you have it worded is like the fight already happened.

The reason I'm unclear on whether the Machida fight is going to be for the title or not is because it seems silly to give one to a guy who is only on a one fight win streak. Makes even less sense when one considers that said win was over an aging Randy Couture. Lyoto couldn't even eek a decision out over the last guy that Jones choked out (Rampage), so I'm not sure how seriously people are supposed to take him as a threat to Bone's title.

SilverGhost
11-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Do you mean that it will be for the title? I'm just asking because the way you have it worded is like the fight already happened.

The reason I'm unclear on whether the Machida fight is going to be for the title or not is because it seems silly to give one to a guy who is only on a one fight win streak. Makes even less sense when one considers that said win was over an aging Randy Couture. Lyoto couldn't even eek a decision out over the last guy that Jones choked out (Rampage), so I'm not sure how seriously people are supposed to take him as a threat to Bone's title.

Yeah that -knocks self-

Iron Ape
11-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Anyone catch the fight tonight? Pretty weak card, but seeing Leben get his face turned into a Saw movie made for good times.

Androo
11-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Anyone catch the fight tonight? Pretty weak card, but seeing Leben get his face turned into a Saw movie made for good times.

Yeh watched it -

Hey, everyone's already looked past UFC 138 with no mention of it, lol. C'mon, Leben v Munoz y'all!! 'Mon! Ha. Did anyone watch? I caught a couple of fights, but I was about 40% attention, so couldn't really reiterate the happenings. I know Leben got beat by his corner stopping it, but I don't know the deets.

Well I say watched it, I was doing like three things at once at that time. We got it live over in the UK. But, yeh, wasn't very memorable. All the stars are on show for the UK trip...:rolleyes:PAH! Saying that though, it apparently done a good live gate. They can do good business over here for sure, if that's the result of a not very enticing card.

Iron Ape
11-06-2011, 01:29 AM
Well I say watched it, I was doing like three things at once at that time. We got it live over in the UK. But, yeh, wasn't very memorable. All the stars are on show for the UK trip...:rolleyes:PAH! Saying that though, it apparently done a good live gate. They can do good business over here for sure, if that's the result of a not very enticing card.
Yeah, Leben couldn't see out of his one eye, so they had to end the fight. It was pretty brutal stuff.

I was genuinely taken back by just how damn weak the card was. That isn't to say that it was an awful night of fights or anything, but there just wasn't any kind of star-power to be found. I mean, when Chris Leben is your main freakin' attraction, that's not a good sign.

Robstar
11-06-2011, 05:52 AM
It really seemed like more of a UFC Fight Night card(138) - and to think they have such a marquee fight (Cain vs Junior) on what amounts to a Fight Night with their debut on Fox. I hope UFC aren't lowering their card standards to promote more often

BlazersDozen
11-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Yeah, Leben couldn't see out of his one eye, so they had to end the fight. It was pretty brutal stuff.

I was genuinely taken back by just how damn weak the card was. That isn't to say that it was an awful night of fights or anything, but there just wasn't any kind of star-power to be found. I mean, when Chris Leben is your main freakin' attraction, that's not a good sign.

Leben could see...I guarantee you. Cut wasn't THAT bad. I believe he used the cut to quit due to conditioning. Leben has the striking to be a big player in UFC but his conditioning has never been good. If his fight goes past the 1st round, you might as well turn it off because he's going to lose. Its also embarrassing that he's a product of Team Quest but can't defend against take downs or advance positions on the ground although he has a good guard just because he's not afraid to punch guys while he's on his back.

Also, Rashad Evans def would've had a chance against Jones. Jones is out of the same camp that pretty much perfected Silva's Muy Thai & striking. Just like Anderson, Jones is a tall lankey fighter who uses it to his advantage but its more of a DISADVANTAGE against great wrestlers who will target those long limbs for easier take downs & know how control the long limbs. Once you ground & pound finnese guys, they begin to crumble. Remember, Chael Sonnen did this to Anderson. We never seen how Jones works on his back & haven't really seen his sprawl tested by a wrestler in Evan's class so you can't really say Rashad has no chance.

Iron Ape
11-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Leben could see...I guarantee you. Cut wasn't THAT bad. I believe he used the cut to quit due to conditioning. Leben has the striking to be a big player in UFC but his conditioning has never been good. If his fight goes past the 1st round, you might as well turn it off because he's going to lose. Its also embarrassing that he's a product of Team Quest but can't defend against take downs or advance positions on the ground although he has a good guard just because he's not afraid to punch guys while he's on his back.
He told his corner he couldn't see, but then told Goddard he was fine when asked. If Leben was trying to snake his way out of the fight, then I don't see why he would have lied to try and stay in it. That doesn't compute. For all I know, the guy could have legitimately had a detached retina clouding his vision. Even if he didn't, though, a loss is a loss; nothing to really be gained from theorizing grander machinations.

The Sneakiness
11-07-2011, 10:46 PM
He told his corner he couldn't see, but then told Goddard he was fine when asked. If Leben was trying to snake his way out of the fight, then I don't see why he would have lied to try and stay in it. That doesn't compute. For all I know, the guy could have legitimately had a detached retina clouding his vision. Even if he didn't, though, a loss is a loss; nothing to really be gained from theorizing grander machinations.

You could tell when Munoz took him down for the first time he wanted to give in there and then. Just absolutely looked buggered. Couldn't take the pace of the match either, he just wanted that one clean punch to knock Munoz on his arse and it never happened.

Robstar, how can you not get ONE HD? They're replaying the fight three times during the day.

Kenny_Penfold
11-08-2011, 09:06 AM

Robstar, you have to watch this. It's going to be a classic so do make that extra effort because it's going to be epic. :D
Excited does not cover the shit I'm feeling. :cool:

thejman93
11-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Goldberg and Rogan will call the fight. There was talk Fox was going to put their own guys on the call but Dana said no.

Good news there. :)

Robstar
11-08-2011, 04:13 PM
You could tell when Munoz took him down for the first time he wanted to give in there and then. Just absolutely looked buggered. Couldn't take the pace of the match either, he just wanted that one clean punch to knock Munoz on his arse and it never happened.

Robstar, how can you not get ONE HD? They're replaying the fight three times during the day.

You won't believe this but I'm visiting a country area that's practically the last place in Australia to get digital! I have cable but no fkn digital signal!!! Grrrrrrrrrr

Robstar
11-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Goldberg and Rogan will call the fight. There was talk Fox was going to put their own guys on the call but Dana said no.

That's just ludicrous, Fox thinking they could use theri own guys. I think Dana would have pulled the plug on the whole deal on the spot if they'd insisted

Kenny_Penfold
11-08-2011, 04:29 PM

Who else may have called the fight? When you said Goldberg, I had forgotten Mike's surname was that and thought you meant the other Goldberg! Wouldn't that be an odd switch. I'm pleased some knob like Florian isn't doing it although The Natural always sounds good when he's done them in the past. I'm so excited for this and it's even free in the UK so amazing deal! I still can't pick a winner but Dos Santos seems to have insane power but Cain is so impressive! :D:D:D

BlazersDozen
11-09-2011, 04:54 AM

There's no news about detatched retna or anything. I personally knew Leben when he was going to Team Quest. He partys first, trains second & finds ways out of things. He did it back then, he did it on TUF & he's still doing it. He wanted to quit after the first round. If he couldn't see, then it was due to blood in his eye & that's it. We've ALL seen worse cuts around the eye & on the eye that didn't stop a fight. His cut was barely swelling when you look at it during the official decision.

Dr. Death
11-09-2011, 10:26 AM
I can't wait to watch this fight. Especially since I don't have to pay for it. So who do you think will win the fight. Cain Velasquez or Junior Dos Santos? I'm with Automatic and don't think it will go 3 rounds, I also think that Cain is going to defend the belt successfully.

VanHooliganX
11-09-2011, 11:11 AM
It seems the UFC are pulling out all the stops for their debut on the Fox Network. It would appear they are giving us this long awaited fight for free! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_Fox:_Velasquez_vs._Dos_Santos

Impressions?

Now they're talking my kinda language!

I'll happily watch this live now :)

Robstar
11-09-2011, 02:07 PM
It's just a damn shame I'm going to miss it! Pissed

Automatic
11-09-2011, 02:57 PM
It's just a damn shame I'm going to miss it! Pissed

Download the day after, that's what I'm going to do.

Robstar
11-09-2011, 04:25 PM
I can't stay away from spoilers though - I'm hopeless

Automatic
11-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Shame on you for not having the patience.

The Sneakiness
11-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Hopefully will catch it during the day sometime. OneHD in Aust. is showing it live at 2:30am, then replaying at 12:30pm and 8:30pm AEST. So no excuse not to see it, unless you're in Bumfuckidaho like Rob is and don't get digital. (Jks Rob, that's gotta suck)

Hoping JDS will win, but it seems too close to call.

Automatic
11-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Lesnar is going to be an analyst at Velasquez vs. Dos Santos; Overeem will also be in the building.

Robstar
11-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Is Brock going to 'analyse' what it's like to get beat down by Cain's fists? lol Luckily, I think Junior might be a little handier at slipping punches than Brock

Rich Cranium
11-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Impressions?

To be the man, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo, you gotta beat the man!

It's hard to do impressions over the net but if you would like me to upload a youtube video, IrelandsPatriot style, I can possibly do better! :)

On topic, so only the main event is televised so they can still earn a buck from hardcore fans with their prelims.

Androo
11-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Anyone watching the other fights on the card? They're all on the Netz free.

Iron Ape
11-12-2011, 06:24 PM
There's no news about detatched retna or anything. I personally knew Leben when he was going to Team Quest. He partys first, trains second & finds ways out of things. He did it back then, he did it on TUF & he's still doing it. He wanted to quit after the first round. If he couldn't see, then it was due to blood in his eye & that's it. We've ALL seen worse cuts around the eye & on the eye that didn't stop a fight. His cut was barely swelling when you look at it during the official decision.
His Team Quest days were, what, 5 or 6 years ago? It's a known fact that he's significantly evolved as both a person and a fighter since those days. Besides, your personal anecdotal evidence is, well, just that.

And why you think a visible cut is the only the only thing that can prevent a fighter from seeing is way beyond me. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Androo
11-12-2011, 08:11 PM
DARCE CHOKE! DARCE CHOKE! DARCE CHOKE! DARCE CHOKE! SOMEONE WON WITH A DARCE!! Joe's favourite move (and because of Joe, now mine), finally! Hahaha.

Iron Ape
11-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Well, that was quick.

THEKEVINBRAND
11-12-2011, 09:47 PM
All this hype for this

Robstar
11-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Any fighter on any given day. We're starting to see more frequent title changes than in WWE!

Androo
11-12-2011, 10:14 PM
D'ARCE CHOKE!! D'ARCE CHOKE!! D'ARCE CHOKE!! D'ARCE CHOKE!! D'ARCE CHOKE!! D'ARCE CHOKE!! D'ARCE CHOKE!!

The Guida v Henderson fight was class! Love Guida. Henderson is good.

Junior Dos Santosssssssssssss!!

Kashdinero
11-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Cain decided to stay at home, pick up the phone and dial 0800-KICK-MY-ASS.

I seriously never saw that coming... Lol, neither did Cain! XD!

Rich Cranium
11-12-2011, 10:49 PM
I bet Brock Lesnar beats Junior for his 2nd championship.

Robstar
11-12-2011, 11:01 PM
As I said earlier in this thread, defending a title puts you in a different mindset to when you're challenging for one. Once you're on top of the heap, what do you do with the hunger that got you there? Can you maintain it.

I applaud Cain for stepping up to Dos Santos. He could have played it safe and fought to avoid getting hit (we'll leave that to GSP) or he could mix it up. The fact that he got knocked out suggests it was the latter. He'll be back, I'm sure and I'd love to see a rematch.

Saying that - Go Dos Santos!

Iron Ape
11-12-2011, 11:28 PM
I bet Brock Lesnar beats Junior for his 2nd championship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2B6SjMh_w&feature=player_detailpage

Dr. Death
11-13-2011, 09:06 AM
If anyone is interested, here are the results of the fight card for the Cain Velasquez vs Junior Dos Santos match up on Fox:

Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos

Junior dos Santos defeats Cain Velasquez by knockout (punches) at of the first round.

Clay Guida vs. Ben Henderson

Ben Henderson defeats Clay Guida by unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27).

Dustin Poirier vs. Pablo Garza

Dustin Poirier defeats Pablo Garza by submission (D'Arce choke) at of the second round.

Cub Swanson vs. Ricardo Lamas

Ricardo Lamas defeats Cub Swanson by submission (arm triangle choke) at of the second round.

DaMarques Johnson vs. Clay Harvison

DaMarques Johnson defeats Clay Harvison by knockout (punches) at 1:34 of the first round.

Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Darrren Uyenoyama

Darren Uyenoyama defeats Norifumi Yamamoto by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-27).

Mackens Semerzier vs. Robert Peralta

Robert Peralta defeats Mackens Semerzier by technical knockout (punches) at 1:54 of the third round.

Alex Caceres vs. Cole Escovedo

Alex Caceres defeats Cole Escovedo by decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

Mike Pierce vs. Paul Bradley

Mike Pierce defeats Paul Bradley by split decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28).

Aaron Rosa vs. Matt Lucas

Aaron Rosa defeats Matt Lucas by majority decision (28-28, 30-26, 30-26).

Automatic
11-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Damn, the fight was only 1 min and 4 seconds, 1 punch and then the finish. How many times did they replay that punch, 10 times?
I was surprised that the fight started out so late, what if it went to the fifth round? They would delay the other programming or just end the program leaving everybody guessing who won?
But the show was really well produced, I was impressed.
Oh and did they use the same promo voice that the WWE uses at the beginning of their PPV's?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/11/13/ufc-on-fox-ratings-4-6-million-viewers-for-velasquez-vs-dos-sa/

The Sneakiness
11-14-2011, 12:11 AM
Hype, hype, hype... one right fist... BAM!!!

Who is going to step up and challenge JDS? Who in the heavyweight division deserves a shot?

BTW, the Guida/Henderson match was off the chain. Awesome work by both guys.

SouthernBlood
11-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Hype, hype, hype... one right fist... BAM!!!

Who is going to step up and challenge JDS? Who in the heavyweight division deserves a shot?

either Overeem or Lesnar

Robstar
11-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Me! I'll take JDS. Just give me 15 minutes head start and let's see if he can catch me. Or I'd totally whip him at the UFC game! ;)

Is it just me, or does JDS look like more of a natural light heavyweight? Personally, I think a Cain rematch is in order, at least after the next fight.

Rich Cranium
11-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Me! I'll take JDS. Just give me 15 minutes head start and let's see if he can catch me. Or I'd totally whip him at the UFC game! ;)

Is it just me, or does JDS look like more of a natural light heavyweight? Personally, I think a Cain rematch is in order, at least after the next fight.

Brock has got this! :) You just wait! Then you will owe me a thread on how I was was right and well nevermind this part.

Robstar
11-14-2011, 07:44 PM
If Brock can address his sketchy chin issue, he has the tools to dominate the division.

Kenny_Penfold
11-14-2011, 08:09 PM
If Brock can address his sketchy chin issue, he has the tools to dominate the division.

The great thing about Brock is that just like Edgar, he can take a pounding (I hate to go on about it but the Carwin fight blew me away). Sure JDS can really bang and has mad power but it wasn't a thunderous punch that knocked Cain down, it was an overhand right that messed his legs up. He wouldn't have caught Brock with that because he would've took him down or chucked him up against the cage. I'm sure we had an early echange up against the cage and Dos Santos was throwing Cain around, which wouldn't happen against Lesnar. In the words of the Robstar, the 'sketchy' chin needs to be better and has Dos Santos ever really been hit? :confused:

Like someone in his face just pounding him because if Brock catches him, he'll be all over him. Plus, Dos Santos may be out for a while with this injury and Brock will be fresh from his win, so JDS will be the one coming from a long lay off. Thinking about it, Dos Santos didn't put Big Country away after beating the piss out of him for 15 rounds so what's to say that a new Brock can't take him? I really hope Brock comes through and comes back with a win and is hungry and shows his true ability. :D

Robstar
11-14-2011, 08:25 PM
15 rounds? Holy shit! ;)

Dos Santos was injured?

Anyway, like I say (and even Brock agrees with me in his book;)) any fighter can be beaten on any given day. Only the passage of time will demonstrate how good a fighter is overall

Kenny_Penfold
11-15-2011, 09:29 AM
15 rounds? Holy shit! ;)

Dos Santos was injured?

Anyway, like I say (and even Brock agrees with me in his book;)) any fighter can be beaten on any given day. Only the passage of time will demonstrate how good a fighter is overall

Yeah the link below states that Junior needs minor knee surgery and he said with Rogan he was scared because he was injured before the fight. I think Cain was carrying something too but just didn't have perhaps the mental strength to see it through after that massive lay off. Huge props to JDS just for getting the job done. I'm going to demand Brock's book. Is it a really good read? Lots on UFC or not? I know it's not too WWE heavy which is a shame. :(
http://mmafrenzy.com/26647/junior-dos-santos-fought-cain-velasquez-with-knee-injury-needs-surgery/

Robstar
11-15-2011, 05:35 PM
I found the book to be very WWE heavy and not so much on UFC. He does cover his loss of the title but to be honest, with Heyman helping, it's pretty light on content. I prefer (auto)biographies to give me info I didn't already know or could at least have guessed at. I recommend buying it as cheaply as you can get it. :)

Kenny_Penfold
11-15-2011, 06:11 PM
I found the book to be very WWE heavy and not so much on UFC. He does cover his loss of the title but to be honest, with Heyman helping, it's pretty light on content. I prefer (auto)biographies to give me info I didn't already know or could at least have guessed at. I recommend buying it as cheaply as you can get it. :)

You're really selling it to me here Rob ;) I'll get it anyway. I heard it's really WWE light but as long as it covers the octagon or the ring, I'll read it with interest. Is there not anything about his beef with Austin or lead up to his match with Goldberg? I'm with you in terms of autobiographies, Jericho's second book is class.

Robstar
11-15-2011, 06:54 PM
To be honest, I am away from the book right now and can't place my hands on my copy. If I could I'd give you a better rundown of it. Just working from memory here and I do read a lot of books, mainly bigraphies lately and I have found if you read several at a time, you get who did what confused. I went through a time recently where I was reading a Foley book, the Flair book, the Goldust book, a Jericho, a Lesnar and Sammy Hagar all at intersecting times! Right now, I'm reading an Elmore Leonard book, just started Dave Mustaine's book, almost finished Rudy Sarzo's while reading Lemmy on the toilet! lmao, I'm terrible

Automatic
11-16-2011, 05:45 PM
The UFC debut on Fox which was headlined by the Heavyweight Championship fight between Junior dos Santos and Cain Velasquez broke all U.S. MMA viewership records peaking with 8.8 million viewers for a 64 second fight before dropping to down to 5.9 million viewers. The bout, which is being hailed as the most-watched fight in MMA history, smashed UFC's previous viewership high of 6.1 million for the Kimbo Slice-Roy Nelson fight on The Ultimate Fighter.
UFC and Fox will be extremely happy with the debut figures as head toward the start of their partnership in 2012. The key for both now is to work out a tweaked format in order to attain more peak time viewers and increase advertising revenue.

That's a lot, impressive.