PDA

View Full Version : Which Japanese Wrestler 1st Impressed You?

Rich Cranium
09-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Who was the first Japanese wrestler that influenced you to say, 'I gotta check this out'? Mine was the Great Muta. When he came to the states, he was amazing and wrestled a way that to us, was so original. I am not a religious follower of it but I try to catch it when I can which is mainly here with the constant videos below uploaded by SG and company. :)

68wPayne
09-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Who was the first Japanese wrestler that influenced you to say, 'I gotta check this out'? Mine was the Great Muta. When he came to the states, he was amazing and wrestled a way that to us, was so original. I am not a religious follower of it but I try to catch it when I can which is mainly here with the constant videos below uploaded by SG and company. :)

Agreed 100%. It was The Great Muta/Keiji Mutoh that inspired me to watch Japanese stuff. I only watch on YouTube (not a religious follower of it like SG is but I try to keep up). Lately I have been trying to keep up with the likes of Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, and Prince Devitt

VanHooliganX
09-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Ultimo Dragon for me. First japanese wrestler I saw.

gohan
09-02-2011, 11:27 AM
hayabusa in mine my fav and so is jushin liger and great saske and great muta

SilverGhost
09-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Prince Devitt then it was all good from there! Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi, KENTA, Naomichi Marufuji, then from there it went bigger with the heavyweights. Shinsuke Nakamura, Yuji Nagata, Go Shiozaki. And their legends. Kenta Kobashi, Keiji Mutoh.

Basically there is talent there that can impress anyone.

The first person though will be Prince Devitt.

Tommy Thunder
09-02-2011, 01:06 PM
First one to impress me was Ultimo Dragon. I don't follow Japanese wrestling, but I've seen countless matches on youtube with the likes of The Great Muta, Tajiri (who I also watched in ECW), TAKA (because I think he's awesome!), and a few others.
I need to watch more though!

Necroyeti
09-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Kawada vs. Misawa '94 was the first Japanese match I ever saw. What a fuckin' good start, eh?

I've also marked hardcore for this gentleman since I first saw him in Ring of Honor back in like '07 or '08
http://i.imgur.com/ZrdOi.jpg

SilverGhost
09-02-2011, 02:47 PM
KENTA is a beast!

HCollins-TNA1
09-03-2011, 10:00 AM

The Great Kubaiki then the great Muta

jordan1995
09-03-2011, 01:26 PM
the great muta....got nostalgic when eric young was dressed like him on impact a short while back and did the green mist

Rich Cranium
09-05-2011, 08:40 PM
I forgot Kendo Nagasaki. He carried a stick, the Kendo stick!