PDA

View Full Version : Mickie James makes History

HCollins-TNA1
09-02-2011, 08:35 AM
For those who haven't read the main new board or have lost count...
Mickie James won the TNA Knockout Title for the 2nd time and held overall 8 Women titles in both WWE and TNA..
Surpassing Trish Stratus record of 7 titles...

Thoughts if any???

Reichwulf
09-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Well it's rumored that Trish may come to impact, from twitter comments, so it could get interesting ;)

wrestlingfan66513
09-02-2011, 09:12 AM
If Trish and Gail came to Impact the Divas division is screwed.

steveorton
09-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Well it's rumored that Trish may come to impact, from twitter comments, so it could get interesting ;)

Trish will never go Impact, she was just joking.

HCollins-TNA1
09-02-2011, 09:14 AM

Wouldn't be surprised that would happen maybe.... With Tough Enough canceled and she basically useless they induct her in HOF in the WWE...
Although she is one of those loyal employees you rarely see whine... so it could be doubtful..

The_Awesome_One
09-02-2011, 10:30 AM
anything that gets trish back in the ring Im all for, but just wish she would vs Kharma that would be epic

book it now trish Vs Kharma at mania 28

AOF666
09-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Congrats. for Mickie James! She definetly earned it and also deserves it.

xAzureSkye
09-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Mickie didnt beat Trish how can you include the KO title and the Divas title when Trish wasnt around during their inauguration.

xAzureSkye
09-02-2011, 10:59 AM

Trish would never go to TNA she's too loyal to the WWE it's like Edge going to TNA.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-02-2011, 11:25 AM
For those who haven't read the main new board or have lost count...
Mickie James won the TNA Knockout Title for the 2nd time and held overall 8 Women titles in both WWE and TNA..
Surpassing Trish Stratus record of 7 titles...

Thoughts if any???

Don't forget, Trish is a 1 time Hardcore champ as well!!! So that would be 8!!! If you want to be picky :0P

helmsley
09-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Mickie didnt beat Trish how can you include the KO title and the Divas title when Trish wasnt around during their inauguration.

agree 100% mickie never was 7 time champion in the same way trish was, i dont even take into consideration the ko title for a count for what is worth

maar13
09-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Wouldn't be surprised that would happen maybe.... With Tough Enough canceled and she basically useless they induct her in HOF in the WWE...
Although she is one of those loyal employees you rarely see whine... so it could be doubtful..

Were did you read TE was canceled? Weren't they going for a second season? Also for the money They are probably giving her, I don't think TNA can back that up.

On that regard they say that it was her 8 national title, I think they count it like it with TNA is at the same level as WWE being a main stream promotion.

I mean is like when they claim Kurt Angle is now according to TNA a 14 time World Champion, which is one more than HHH, but is not true since if we base the paper only on TNA and WWE, he is a 11 times champion (4 WWE - 1-WCW - 1 WWE - WHC -5 TNA WHC), I guess they are also counting the Japan titles and the X-Division title.

What bothered me a bit why take belt from Winter so fast? again and this knocks on both, TNA and WWE, they treat their titles like props. I mean you can say "It wasn't working" but you can't know that after 2 weeks or 3. If it was "since before she was champion it wasn't working" then why give her the title at all?

The only thing positive here is that the match was good and it opens the door for a rematch, even if they have faced a lot lately, they seem to work well together.

body slam
09-02-2011, 12:24 PM
I think the title change had to do with being on the road and out of the Impact Zone. Alittle something to help keep the crowd hot.

Y2J___Y2J
09-02-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm expecting TNA to play on how she's won more than anyone else now..

Asherdelampyr
09-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Good For Mickie, she is a great wrestler and deserves it
I think they are going for the long-term with the winter feud, probably with a b plot where Angelina slowly snaps out of her "hypnosis" and turns face again, and then a possible new incarnation of the BP with Mickie, Velvet and Angelina

Alternately they could have Angelina win it, and then snap free of the "hypnosis" when Winter demands the title from her

really I just want to see the "Hypnosis" BS end, and a lot more of Velvet Sky and Mickie

RagingBallsFTW
09-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Were did you read TE was canceled? Weren't they going for a second season? Also for the money They are probably giving her, I don't think TNA can back that up.

On that regard they say that it was her 8 national title, I think they count it like it with TNA is at the same level as WWE being a main stream promotion.

I mean is like when they claim Kurt Angle is now according to TNA a 14 time World Champion, which is one more than HHH, but is not true since if we base the paper only on TNA and WWE, he is a 11 times champion (4 WWE - 1-WCW - 1 WWE - WHC -5 TNA WHC), I guess they are also counting the Japan titles and the X-Division title.

What bothered me a bit why take belt from Winter so fast? again and this knocks on both, TNA and WWE, they treat their titles like props. I mean you can say "It wasn't working" but you can't know that after 2 weeks or 3. If it was "since before she was champion it wasn't working" then why give her the title at all?

The only thing positive here is that the match was good and it opens the door for a rematch, even if they have faced a lot lately, they seem to work well together.

Actually, they are referring to the 2 gold medals he won in the 1996 Olympics as well as the IWGP championship reign in mid-late 07/ early 08.

TNA 'The very best'
09-02-2011, 02:23 PM
I think they are going for the long-term with the winter feud, probably with a b plot where Angelina slowly snaps out of her "hypnosis" and turns face again, and then a possible new incarnation of the BP with Mickie, Velvet and Angelina

Alternately they could have Angelina win it, and then snap free of the "hypnosis" when Winter demands the title from her

really I just want to see the "Hypnosis" BS end, and a lot more of Velvet Sky and Mickie

Yes Yes Yes

Automatic
09-02-2011, 02:28 PM
I think the title change had to do with being on the road and out of the Impact Zone. Alittle something to help keep the crowd hot.

My thoughts exactly.
But good for Mickie, she is the record holder now. If that even matters for her.

Asherdelampyr
09-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Yes Yes Yes

I knew I wasnt the only one that wanted to see this!

HCollins-TNA1
09-02-2011, 03:39 PM

Just pretty much guessing with the numbers they were pulling at the end... Also that and they would had been advertsing for the show for the fall I would think..

el gabo
09-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Hot potato, hot potato, hot potato...

maar13
09-02-2011, 04:45 PM

Could be since for being Champion she is most likely to win at House shows and tapings and send home the crowd happy.

I'm expecting TNA to play on how she's won more than anyone else now..

That is definitely going to happen.

Just for the record, Angelina has been out of her hypnosis since Winter help her to face James for the title, even if Angelina lost, she told Winter "I don't need the water anymore and I have never been so awake in my life" or something for that matter right before the match.

SO this could be a long term plot form Angelina but she is definitely out of the hypnosis deal, that is why the relationship is even more weird.

Actually, they are referring to the 2 gold medals he won in the 1996 Olympics as well as the IWGP championship reign in mid-late 07/ early 08.

So they are counting the Olympic medals? OK, weird but OK.

Just pretty much guessing with the numbers they were pulling at the end... Also that and they would had been advertsing for the show for the fall I would think..

Probably.

The Brown One
09-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Could be since for being Champion she is most likely to win at House shows and tapings and send home the crowd happy.

That is definitely going to happen.

Just for the record, Angelina has been out of her hypnosis since Winter help her to face James for the title, even if Angelina lost, she told Winter "I don't need the water anymore and I have never been so awake in my life" or something for that matter right before the match.

SO this could be a long term plot form Angelina but she is definitely out of the hypnosis deal, that is why the relationship is even more weird.

So they are counting the Olympic medals? OK, weird but OK.

Probably.

That just sounds ridiculous, even for a professional wrestling company. Impact Wrestling should be ashamed.

Asherdelampyr
09-02-2011, 06:39 PM

I admit, that storyline lost me like 2 weeks after it started, I am confused as hell by the whole thing. Does she have stockholm syndrome now? Who the hell knows?

Reichwulf
09-02-2011, 09:10 PM
I kinda like the whole Winter gimmick, it's a nice change from the standard diva/knockout

Terminus
09-02-2011, 09:13 PM
I kinda like the whole Winter gimmick, it's a nice change from the standard diva/knockout

Yep. You don't see many time-traveling lesbian vampire werewolves in wrestling.

Rich Cranium
09-02-2011, 10:12 PM

I know there have been Twitter segments between Trish and Angelina Love but I can't really see Trish joining TNA.

Reichwulf
09-02-2011, 10:37 PM
I know there have been Twitter segments between Trish and Angelina Love but I can't really see Trish joining TNA.

I can't really either to be honest, but it is food for thought, i mean even with the history she has with the wwe ( tough enough series and all) you can't completely count out a part time showing, or a few appearances and ect.

Idk about a full time deal.

Asherdelampyr
09-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Yep. You don't see many time-traveling lesbian vampire werewolves in wrestling.

On the one hand, she is hot as hell
on the other... well that hand is busy

on the other foot however, I am not totally sure what her gimmick is, and if they wanted to have a vampire chick, they should have worked harder to keep Daffney, cause the two of them would have made for an entertaining tag team

maar13
09-04-2011, 10:01 PM
That just sounds ridiculous, even for a professional wrestling company. Impact Wrestling should be ashamed.

Why? because they have a psycho-lesbian storyline going?....maybe but maybe not. Besides we all have seen worst storylines than that one.

I admit, that storyline lost me like 2 weeks after it started, I am confused as hell by the whole thing. Does she have stockholm syndrome now? Who the hell knows?

Probably, don't know, sometimes it just weird, but hey, as long as Love and Winter are on TV I am happy.

On the one hand, she is hot as hell
on the other... well that hand is busy

on the other foot however, I am not totally sure what her gimmick is, and if they wanted to have a vampire chick, they should have worked harder to keep Daffney, cause the two of them would have made for an entertaining tag team

Could you imagine Winter and Daffney together? Now that would be cool and weird at the same time.

HCollins-TNA1
09-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Why? because they have a psycho-lesbian storyline going?....maybe but maybe not. Besides we all have seen worst storylines than that one.

Probably, don't know, sometimes it just weird, but hey, as long as Love and Winter are on TV I am happy.

Could you imagine Winter and Daffney together? Now that would be cool and weird at the same time.

As long as Love, Winter, Tara, Tessmacher, Velvet, Madison, Jackie, ODB, Sarita, and Rosita SoCal Val and Christy Hemme is on I'm HAPPY :)

S.E. Zero
09-04-2011, 10:14 PM

This is so full of WIN its outstanding.

Oh...the segments....excuse me, I have to...ummm....oh you know what I'm gonna do hahaha

Asherdelampyr
09-08-2011, 08:16 PM

That's what I'm sayin
they really missed the boat there...