PDA

View Full Version : Roster vs. Roster

VanHooliganX
09-02-2011, 12:52 AM
Interesting question for you all.

WWE current roster vs. TNA current roser. Which do you feel is better and why?

If you don't know how to compare either:
Split the main eventers, mid-carders and Idontdoanything-carders against each other and compare who'se better in the ring, better on the mic and who you see has the most talent and promise for the future (assuming they're used correctly)

If you have any other way of comparing feel free to say, just thought that would help :)

alexrules01
09-02-2011, 01:43 AM
CM Punk > TNA

HCollins-TNA1
09-02-2011, 01:47 AM
CM Punk > TNA

LOLOLOLOL and LMAO.....

HCollins-TNA1
09-02-2011, 01:50 AM
If I had to compare the TNA to the WWE.....
WWE RAW > TNA>= ROH> WWE Smackdown> WWE NXT/Superstars... will explain later.....

Dubs
09-02-2011, 01:51 AM
CM Punk > TNA

Samoa Joe > CM Punk :p

The Brown One
09-02-2011, 02:15 AM
WWE's roster for sure. TNA has a great roster too, full of talented ex-WWE stars.
But WWE knows how to make new stars, and make people care about them - Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison, Big Zeke, Eve (yes, she sucks, but she still gets a reaction), Sin Cara, Hunico, Daniel Bryan (hes new to the WWE) and Wade Barrett.

Avril
09-02-2011, 02:35 AM
Here are my thoughts;

I personally think WWE has a better roster over TNA. However, both rosters have their fair share of talent and that in itself can't be denied. The reason why I say WWE has a better roster overall is because WWE has creates superstars, where TNA is comprised of WWE/WCW/ECW/Indies/etc "rejects". The only major stars TNA has really produced that I can recall are AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, Abyss and Christopher Daniels. WWE has produced the likes of Triple H, Kurt Angle, The Undertaker, The Rock, Stone Cold, etc..

It takes time to build a roster and WWE has done that throughout the years and has stuck to a formula that seems to work for them. TNA on the other hand is still trying to figure everything out, but a good idea would be putting the young guys over the older, veterans in the company.

Brewer 314
09-02-2011, 03:09 AM
Interesting question for you all.

WWE current roster vs. TNA current roser. Which do you feel is better and why?

If you don't know how to compare either:
Split the main eventers, mid-carders and Idontdoanything-carders against each other and compare who'se better in the ring, better on the mic and who you see has the most talent and promise for the future (assuming they're used correctly)

If you have any other way of comparing feel free to say, just thought that would help :)

Tough call, I'll give WWE the edge though.

TNA can't seem to brandish their homegrown guys with any sort of "star power" and that definitely takes away from their rosters quality. There's a reason why TNA's belt is always on a WWE guy's waist.

Brewer 314
09-02-2011, 03:10 AM

Shark Boy > Samoa Joe

alexrules01
09-02-2011, 04:59 AM

Says the guy with CM Punk as his dp and in his sig

jrsckilla23
09-02-2011, 05:41 AM
CM Punk > TNA

That was funny but Cm Punk ain't better than Sting, Kurt Angle, RVD and Aj Styles. Sting vs Punk=Epic Kurt Angle vs Punk= Awesome RVD vs Cm Punk= Great Match Aj Styles vs Punk= FUCKEN 5 STAR MATCH

Y2Jryder
09-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Primo> Rob Terry

Reichwulf
09-02-2011, 07:56 AM
knockouts> divas
TNA Tag teams>WWE ones
X division > non existent Cruiserweight/light heavyweight division
Rest of talent < WWE Talent

Tommy Thunder
09-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Shark Boy > Samoa Joe

Kurt Angle > everybody.... or that's what he thinks at least.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
09-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Cena can beat WWE+TNA+ROH so why is this a question?

Markedoutforlife
09-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Main event:
Wwe-john cena, cm punk, adr, christian, orton, henry
Tna-sting, angle, anderson, bully ray, roode, crimson

Diagnosis- wwe has established a overall better main event scene. I dont like that most of tna's main eventers had gained noteriety outside of tna. Ten years isnt really long enough with the revolving door in tna for them to create credibility, so they are damned if they do or damned if they dont. Tna ane wwe are both trying to develop younger guys to main event, but wwe has the edge slightly with the emergence of both adr and cm punk. The E seems to have a stranglehold on the market right now, but eventually, tna is going to have theyre own homegrown main eventers with guys like stinger and kurt job out to and put over guys like crimson, gunner, and hopefully joe.

Mid-card:

Wwe-kofi, dolph, barrett, morrison, zeke, danielson
Tna-aj styles, kaz, gunner, kendrick, joe, daniels

Diagnosis- this is where things get hairy. Tna has the major edge and this is where tna's bread is buttered. Tna and wwe respective mid card rosters are stacked and give me a warm fuzzy feeling that tells me pro wrestling isnt going to die any time soon. These are the guys who I wou,d pay to see because they are the hungriest and want to get noticed. Danielson is the first guy I see moving up to the main event scnene from either roster, but he is the bright spot in the second rung midcard roster. Styles, kendrick, and joe are the real future of tna and if they can politic even half as good as hall and nash.

Knockouts over divas obviosly.

steveorton
09-02-2011, 08:54 AM
WWE by a million miles, look at CM Punk, Orton, Cena, Bryan, Cara, HHH, Sheamus, Ziggler, Morrison, Miz, Barrett, ADR, Christian and many more great superstars.

Dubs
09-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Says the guy with CM Punk as his dp and in his sig

Ummm, so??? What does having a sig and avatar of CM Punk have to do with me thinking that Samoa Joe is better then CM Punk? :confused::confused::confused:

wrestlingfan66513
09-02-2011, 09:09 AM
knockouts> divas
TNA Tag teams>WWE ones
X division > non existent Cruiserweight/light heavyweight division
Rest of talent < WWE Talent

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is what I would say.

Tommy Thunder
09-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Main event:
Wwe-john cena, cm punk, adr, christian, orton, henry
Tna-sting, angle, anderson, bully ray, roode, crimson

Diagnosis- wwe has established a overall better main event scene. I dont like that most of tna's main eventers had gained noteriety outside of tna. Ten years isnt really long enough with the revolving door in tna for them to create credibility, so they are damned if they do or damned if they dont. Tna ane wwe are both trying to develop younger guys to main event, but wwe has the edge slightly with the emergence of both adr and cm punk. The E seems to have a stranglehold on the market right now, but eventually, tna is going to have theyre own homegrown main eventers with guys like stinger and kurt job out to and put over guys like crimson, gunner, and hopefully joe.

Mid-card:

Wwe-kofi, dolph, barrett, morrison, zeke, danielson
Tna-aj styles, kaz, gunner, kendrick, joe, daniels

Diagnosis- this is where things get hairy. Tna has the major edge and this is where tna's bread is buttered. Tna and wwe respective mid card rosters are stacked and give me a warm fuzzy feeling that tells me pro wrestling isnt going to die any time soon. These are the guys who I wou,d pay to see because they are the hungriest and want to get noticed. Danielson is the first guy I see moving up to the main event scnene from either roster, but he is the bright spot in the second rung midcard roster. Styles, kendrick, and joe are the real future of tna and if they can politic even half as good as hall and nash.

Knockouts over divas obviosly.

You didn't mention Miz, Truth, Riley, Cody Rhodes, Swagger, Sheamus in your main event or mid-card. Where would you fit those in?

AOF666
09-02-2011, 11:22 AM
When it comes to story telling I will go with WWE. When it comes to talent, I will go with TNA. When it comes down to mic skills TNA. When it comes to women wrestling TNA. When it comes to putting on a show WWE. When it comes to putting on matches TNA. When it comes to creating new stars, I give WWE the edge. When it comes down to show casing talent, going with WWE. When it comes down to roster other than tag teams and women wrestlers TNA has the edge. When it comes to the rest, hard to compare because both companies have their pros and cons.

maar13
09-02-2011, 11:47 AM

Sorry but not by a long shot.

CM Punk >>> Samoa Joe.

Y2J___Y2J
09-02-2011, 12:28 PM
TNA has some guys like AJ etc but all around WWE has a more talented roster.. TNA have too many old guys but the X-Division is awesome.

xAzureSkye
09-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Lol at Knockouts over Divas even though all the Knockouts were Divas

Rich Cranium
09-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Lol at Knockouts over Divas even though all the Knockouts were Divas

But the KO's that are ex Divas are better than most of the current Divas.

steveorton
09-02-2011, 01:57 PM
But the KO's that are ex Divas are better than most of the current Divas.

You know what I don't understand Tna said that the KOs were not divas they were something different when the division was first began, yet they sign the divas eg. James, Winter and Tara and package them as KOs.

Dubs
09-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Sorry but not by a long shot.

CM Punk >>> Samoa Joe.

Well that's your opinion. To each their own I guess.

Samoa Joe >>>>>> CM Punk

thejman93
09-02-2011, 02:05 PM

Samoa Joe >>>>>> CM Punk

I'd say Punk>Joe but not by much....

Dubs
09-02-2011, 02:18 PM
I'd say Punk>Joe but not by much....

I just think that Samoa Joe is better in the ring then CM Punk but character-wise, CM Punk has him beat, though, Samoa Joe does play the Anti-hero character a little better.

maar13
09-02-2011, 02:31 PM
You know what I don't understand Tna said that the KOs were not divas they were something different when the division was first began, yet they sign the divas eg. James, Winter and Tara and package them as KOs.

Well yes, but packaging as KOs is because they were released because they dind't fit the Divas mold perse, although I don't know how was that possible because all of them are hot, the part is that only ruling out Tara, James and Winter were made at the Indies. Alexis Laree (James) was all over the US and Nikita (Winter-Kat Waters) was known in Europe and was part of Queen of Caos. In that regard I don't rule out WWE at some point trying to bring back Winter at some point, but feel they will screwed it up just like they did with Gail, but hope is still there.

Samoa Joe >>>>>> CM Punk

Exactly, that is cool, for you Joe is better and for me Punk is better.

Punk >>>>>>>>>>> Joe.

I just think that Samoa Joe is better in the ring then CM Punk but character-wise, CM Punk has him beat, though, Samoa Joe does play the Anti-hero character a little better.

Maybe you are right on that one, but I think is because Joe is more Violent and Punk is more like a Smart Ass kind of guy.

Dubs
09-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Exactly, that is cool, for you Joe is better and for me Punk is better.

Punk >>>>>>>>>>> Joe.

Exactly man. :D

Samoa Joe>>>>>>>>>>CM Punk :P

straightedge916
09-02-2011, 02:53 PM
I dont care for TNA, but besides all the old guys and most of the WWE Rejects, I'd say they have good roster. But when you take out old timers and WWE rejects what do you get? like 5 guys?

Brewer 314
09-02-2011, 02:59 PM
I dont care for TNA, but besides all the old guys and most of the WWE Rejects, I'd say they have good roster. But when you take out old timers and WWE rejects what do you get? like 5 guys?

And WWE dosen't have old guys....

Last time I checked Kevin Nash was a year younger this time last year when he was with TNA.

Where is he now?

Guys like Hogan and Flair would still be in the WWE if their egos hadn't gotten in the way.

Did you get the memo, Mick Foley is coming back to WWE, the same Mick Foley who was "too old" in TNA 3 years ago.

Necroyeti
09-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Very true for '03-'07... Now Joe's crossed the line (HERPDERP) into "same old shit" territory.

Fuck, he even managed to put on a shitty match against Misawa at one point... yet Joe vs. Kobashi is an all-time favourite of mine.

Dubs
09-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Very true for '03-'07... Now Joe's crossed the line (HERPDERP) into "same old shit" territory.

Fuck, he even managed to put on a shitty match against Misawa at one point... yet Joe vs. Kobashi is an all-time favourite of mine.

Yup, exactly what i'm talking about.

straightedge916
09-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Almost all of the TNA roster is over 40. There is barely anbody WRESTLING EVERY WEEK in WWE right now. In TNA Hogan and Sting (both over the age of 50) are main eventers there. Big difference.

Markedoutforlife
09-03-2011, 09:21 PM
You didn't mention Miz, Truth, Riley, Cody Rhodes, Swagger, Sheamus in your main event or mid-card. Where would you fit those in?

Miz and truth are a tag team, swagger doesnt matter,neither does riley, and I honestly forgot about rhodes.

Rassling_Fan
09-03-2011, 09:40 PM
And WWE dosen't have old guys....

Last time I checked Kevin Nash was a year younger this time last year when he was with TNA.

Where is he now?

Not holding a world title. I'm thankful he isn't in a match and hoping he'll be back away of TV.

HCollins-TNA1
09-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Almost all of the TNA roster is over 40. There is barely anbody WRESTLING EVERY WEEK in WWE right now. In TNA Hogan and Sting (both over the age of 50) are main eventers there. Big difference.
Nope only about 11 guys is over 40... Hogan who never wrestles, Flair who only been in the ring a handful of times for TNA, Sting, Kurt Angle, Stenier, Jerry Lynn, RVD, Kid Kash, Double J, Bully Ray, and Devon.... the other 30 to 40 guys range in age as young as 20 to 39/40...