PDA

View Full Version : HHH/Punk/Nash

eyehatecena
09-01-2011, 09:49 PM
So far this fued is moving along ok. The only thing not going great is all the promo work. Punk of course is still killing it on the mic, its just the mic work of both HHH and Nash is weak. Nash just plain sucks now- even in TNA his promos were not that great, but at least its better than what he is doing now. As far as in ring action, I hope they just use him once just to put Punk over. I can see Punk getting one ok match out of him, but thats about it. HHH/Punk match is gonna be much more watchable, just hope they have HHH put Punk over to keep Punks momentum going. This being WWE, HHH and Punk will probally wrestle at 3 PPVs in a row. If so, they would be good to have them trade wins. HHH used to be much better on the mic- sure he is still better than about 85% of the roster on the mic , but his stuff just sounds too rehearsed to me. And is it just me, or did he say something two weeks in a row about kicking Punks skinny fat ass??? What the fuck is a skinny fat ass? Someone either has a skinny ass, or a fat ass? That’s either horrible writing, or horrible improving by HHH.

Reichwulf
09-01-2011, 09:55 PM
I agree, the promo work has been alil shaky, but i am looking forward to see what triple h has in the tank as i haven't seen him wrestle in quite awhile :)

El_Phenomenal
09-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Seems that they are going in that direction to me. A skinny fat ass is someone who is skinny but perceives that they still have a bit of flabby skin on them.

ihearvoices
09-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Sorry but i disagree all 3 of them have been sucking when it comes to promo Nash seems a little off and stumbles alot while HHH doesnt really same much and punk just comes off childish alot to me.

KingOrton
09-01-2011, 10:18 PM
I think the second time he said it, it was for jokes. you could tell by Punks expression that everyone probably made fun of HHH in the back after the 1st time and he decided to say it again, lol.

Iron Ape
09-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I don't know what's been going on with Nash. It's almost as if some of Punk's barbs have him rattled.

Rich Cranium
09-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Nash used to be okay on the mic back in WCW and his early WWF work. WTF happened besides age?

As far as HHH, maybe he is not used to someone ad libbing like Punk. The off the cuff remarks obviously catch the script readers off guard! WTF do I say now? kind of thing.

Bodom
09-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I don't know what's been going on with Nash. It's almost as if some of Punk's barbs have him rattled.

In the past he's had the group factor (and youth) on his side. Nash has typically used his following to come across as the cocky guy who is cooler than the rest of the roster, but that group is firmly on the side of Punk. Nash got more than he expected and he's looking like an uncool, bitter, old man.

PatsPunkZepp
09-01-2011, 10:42 PM
I've always been a punk fan but wwe all around hasnt been this good since say 2005 in my opinion.. even cena is interesting again lol kevin nash is alright on the mic except he said "first of all" too many times and seems really slow talking.. hhh and punk are good

Rich Cranium
09-01-2011, 10:44 PM
In the past he's had the group factor (and youth) on his side. Nash has typically used his following to come across as the cocky guy who is cooler than the rest of the roster, but that group is firmly on the side of Punk. Nash got more than he expected and he's looking like an uncool, bitter, old man.

Do you realize you quoted Iron Ape but coincidently answered my question regarding Nash? Amazing!

Beutiful Chaos
09-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Do you realize you quoted Iron Ape but coincidently answered my question regarding Nash? Amazing!

Someone just realized that you can multitask in a post!

Rich Cranium
09-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Someone just realized that you can multitask in a post!

Sarcasm dude, sarcasm

jhf1601
09-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Honestly, I think Nash and HHH are just out of practice. Not only have they not seen action in quite some time (WM 27 and TNA in 2010 respectively), but they are up against one of the best talkers to hit WWE in the last decade. Almost anyone is going to look like crap for the first few encounters when you put those factors together. Plus, remember that a lot of this is improv, and the three haven't really had time to feel each other out yet due to the pace that the feud has accelerated, which is creative's fault, not the talents involved.

The thing about this that keeps driving me crazy is that I feel like its slowly but surely getting childish again. In a feud like this, I think the talents really need to "hate" each other, not just throw out pot shots or cheap one liners, and ever since SS thats kinda what the angle is turning into. Granted, its still the main reason I'm watching, but I feel like it has the potential to be so much more. With such big name players I wanna see something really escalate it into something meaningful - give me a run in with a chair or a sledgehammer etc. That will help define the roles of the participants involved, which is the other issue with the angle. Nash is obviously the heel, but Punk and HHH are kinda hovering in tweener land, making it difficult for the fans to solidly get behind one or the other. Personally, I would love to see a full fledged face turn for Punk, he's clearly the best thing they have going and we all know HHH is one of the best heels ever. I would say just give it time, and trust these guys to pull something awesome out of their asses at NOC. We shall see...

PS - What I would really love to see a few months down the line is a double beat down by HHH and Nash on Punk only to have SCSA make the surprise save. Then have Punk give him a big ol' GTS after the bear bash, setting up their rumored match at WM28.