PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hardy retires from full time wrestling

Alkanizator
09-01-2011, 03:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLQr8aKFQ28

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and presume most of you are happy with this news :)

Automatic
09-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Damn, he looks terrible.
I hope he heals up mentally, he could use some help.

K2Jelly
09-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Oh well. At least we have Jeff. Oh wait...

jordan1995
09-01-2011, 03:50 PM
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

K2Jelly
09-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Hopefully this is what he meant by "rebirth".

Reichwulf
09-01-2011, 03:57 PM
oh wow, he looks like he's in horrible shape :(

He needs to get help and get his life cleaned up.

Edit: on another note, i'm glad he's going to start a new chapter in his life, and i will always remember him as a amazing tag team wrestler from the wwe.

and i am glad he's starting up a program to help others.

HeelTurn
09-01-2011, 03:59 PM
If he sticks to it, then yeah its for the best. This way he can sort his life out, well hopefully you never know with the Hardy's these days.

ELNIOJR
09-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Like my buddy Ape would say, this guy is a Genius. Too bad he cant use it for something actually GOOD! I mean, he took that "suicide note", add "full time professional wrestler" a couple times on it, and thats it. He did it again. And that emotion that he putted into it, JUST BRILLIANT! And saddly, a lot of people are already buying this shit..

I guess The Entity, was his career "as a full time professional wrestler" ahahah

Hey Matt, "as a full time professional wrestler" GO AWAY!

Chavo
09-01-2011, 04:17 PM
I bet everything going on with Matt Hardy is a storyline and he'll be back in 3 months as a face and/or champ....jokes aside, hope he gets his shit together

LMPunker
09-01-2011, 04:18 PM
i kinda saw this coming im not against matt wrestling ever again just he needs to get his head together and eat alot of humble pie i hope he sorts himself out because when hes not being a douchebag and is in shape he is a hell of a good wrestler i'll give him that

Straight-Edge
09-01-2011, 04:21 PM
I just can't buy it. He's lost all credibility with me. I hope it's true, but sadly I don't believe him. And his explanation regarding the suicide message was just so weak. At least it was to me.

Tomsta666
09-01-2011, 04:25 PM
2 Xtreme!!

Androo
09-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Haha. The amount of SPIN in this, wowzers! He's "retiring from full-time wrestling"? "Won't be doing the full-time schedule"? Well that's just basically 'coz he ain't gonna get back to a full-time company, or back on a full-time schedule. No-one will have him.

ELNIOJR
09-01-2011, 04:28 PM
He's now a Full time Douche Bag!

Bodom
09-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Wow. Matt apologizing. Never thought I'd see that happen.

JLeeDude1892
09-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Why is everyone so harsh on him? He has his demons. A lot of people do. Sure, His are a little more constant and outlandish as others, but sometimes people with Demons can't control themselves. Loosen up people.

You're happy that he's retiring? Why? He's a good wrestler and hasn't failed to entertain us for the past 13 years. You guys sicken me.

I can't wait until the day he gets freed of this, comes back to the WWE and is welcomed by his fans with open arms. He deserves it.

KJ PUNK
09-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Why is everyone so harsh on him? He has his demons. A lot of people do. Sure, His are a little more constant and outlandish as others, but sometimes people with Demons can't control themselves. Loosen up people.

You're happy that he's retiring? Why? He's a good wrestler and hasn't failed to entertain us for the past 13 years. You guys sicken me.

I can't wait until the day he gets freed of this, comes back to the WWE and is welcomed by his fans with open arms. He deserves it.

Better get you some supplies bc that won't happen any time time soon.

TNA 'The very best'
09-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Haha. The amount of SPIN in this, wowzers! He's "retiring from full-time wrestling"? "Won't be doing the full-time schedule"? Well that's just basically 'coz he ain't gonna get back to a full-time company, or back on a full-time schedule. No-one will have him.

I haven't watched the video, but from the title, this is what i thought of it, i hope he pulls himself together, its a shame, i grew up loving him and his brother.

Rich Cranium
09-01-2011, 04:42 PM
He said he was in accidents. Would that accident involve someone's fist because that is what it looks like unless he broke his nose which also causes the eyes to bruise.

Y2J___Y2J
09-01-2011, 04:43 PM
DAMN he looks fucked.. Really hope he gets better, and sorts everything out

Alkanizator
09-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy he's retiring, I'm a fan...I just thought others were gonna be happy, after all, Hardy has gained a shitload of hate...

ELNIOJR
09-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Matt Hardy's Career as a Full time Professional Wrestler was actually over in 2007 after that feud with MVP. That's what bothers him. He cant handle the Truth.

And here, funny story: in a few days from today, you gonna hear about Matt having his face into shit...AGAIN. I've seen this re-born crap before. Same old, same old.

The_Awesome_One
09-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Good god he looks awful

eboy
09-01-2011, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLQr8aKFQ28

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and presume most of you are happy with this news :)

man thats hard to watch u can tell that letter was suicide and he added the words Full time Proffesional Wrestler and hours and Minuetes to leave the Buisness. Damn i Hope he is OK and turns things around i always enjoyed him as a Preformer and always thought he had good Gimmicks and as A Tag Wrestler and as a Singles guy Matt is and will be Great not saying he is a Legend but something more way more than the Average Guy I Hope we can see him again in some capacity but also hope he is OK many will turn this into a Joke but that Video was hard To Watch Cold Blooded FTW

CobraNightviper
09-01-2011, 05:31 PM
The suicide angle he did on youtube was a bit much that sounds like something a little kid or a phycho would say I am going to kill myself and I know he didn't say that directly but he implied it so now he needs to go away for a while you can't call it a come back if you never left.

helmsley
09-01-2011, 05:35 PM
i know he has his problems, the thing is, the majority of the people can deal with their problems without being exposed by the media ( or by themselves in hardys case) soi hope he stays away from cameras for a while, gets himself together again, and then return to do whatever he feels is the best for him

The Sneakiness
09-01-2011, 05:43 PM
As much as I think Matt Hardy is a junkie piece of crap, he needs to retire from public to fully concentrate on himself.

Keep posting crap on Youtube to try and still keep some "fanbase", and keep heading downhill.

clh2285
09-01-2011, 06:02 PM
2 Xtreme!!
It didn't work the first time guy.....:rolleyes:

Kenny_Penfold
09-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Didn't Hardy officially retire about five years ago? I think he got owned when Edge nicked his bird and lost his balls.

Tomsta666
09-01-2011, 06:14 PM
It didn't work the first time guy.....:rolleyes:

Didn't work??? :confused:

That is the only opinion I have about the Hardy's

2 Xtreme!!!

Markedoutforlife
09-01-2011, 06:27 PM
An enhancement talent wants to quit? I dont care.

Androo
09-01-2011, 06:29 PM
It seems that that face damage, and all this video crap, are some of the SIDE-EFFECTs of all the incidents in the Matt Hardy debacle, in recent weeks.

The Brown One
09-01-2011, 06:45 PM
I think he made the right choice, retiring from full time wrestling. He can get help and move on to other non-wrestling related projects.

Iron Ape
09-01-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm pretty sure that publicly acknowledging a substance abuse issue on video before going to court on a DUI charge is the exact opposite of what a lawyer would recommend one to do. Not sure if he should be applauded for his candor or laughed at for his stupidity.

Regardless, I'm not ready to buy any of what he's selling until he gets some professional help; this whole video is chock full o' stuff that just doesn't compute.

KJ PUNK
09-01-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that publicly acknowledging a substance abuse issue on video before going to court on a DUI charge is the exact opposite of what a lawyer would recommend one to do. Not sure if he should be applauded for his candor or laughed at for his stupidity.

Regardless, I'm not ready to buy any of what he's selling until he gets some professional help; this whole video is chock full o' stuff that just doesn't compute.

You mean that a full-time professional wrestler will retire from full-time professional wrestling where he is a full-time professional wrestler because he used to be a full-time professional wrestler in the professional wrestling business?

TheRockerGother
09-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Wow wrestling fans can be total douche bags as well not saying any names.

maar13
09-01-2011, 07:44 PM

I am not going to defend the guy but I am for once happy he is retiring, why? because this Wrestling fucking world he believes he lives in has gone straight to his brain, so bad that look what it has made of him. He looks like crap and his attention bringers have gather him more people that doesn't like him and prove people that didn't like him in the first place right.

Great for you man, your support, you are a trooper but what you fail to see is that the guy is fucked up! Hey when your sister in law shits on you and the friend that defended you wants nothing to do with your crap there is something definitely wrong with you.

Yes, we all have our demons,but this MFer played with his and his fans to get attention and he even laugh about it, damn even 30 people were really worried about him and he played at first like he didn't give an ass, yes he apologized but that was because he didn't had a choice.

During 13 years he sacrificed his body, true, absolutely, but he has come to the point in which he things he deserves all just because he is Matt Hardy, and that shit doesn't stick.

If this is true I am glad he is retired, he will clean up his mind and his freaking soul with out the obsession of attention 24/7. Also why shouldn't someone be happy about him retiring? because you want him to go until he ends up dead on a cheap motel? I rather see him retire now, with a very good career on paper (Talking about his titles and all) and forgetting about the bad outings of WWE and TNA that he ending up being barely able to walk and wrestling in a backyard event.

The thing there is not the payment because like he said, he is accommodated, but for pennies to get that "attention grabber" from the fans not realizing he is just destroying himself.

And sorry man, but unless he gets absolutely clean and really work his ass off at some point like Eddie Guerrero did, I don't see him coming back to the WWE, unless his brother get there first and find him a job, but if not, he is done.

Iron Ape
09-01-2011, 08:09 PM
You mean that a full-time professional wrestler will retire from full-time professional wrestling where he is a full-time professional wrestler because he used to be a full-time professional wrestler in the professional wrestling business?
Hahaha.

Finally acknowledging that he has some issues is an encouraging sign, at least, as that's the first step one must take to begin the recovery process; however, I'm not sure he should be announcing his intentions to help others sort their own problems out before he gets some professional in-patient treatment of his own. And taking a sudden interest in assisting suicidal people while simultaneously asserting his own perceived cry-for-help was misconstrued, well, that strikes me as more than a little bit odd. Seems like equal parts damage control and compensation. And given his history of bogus claims and empty promises, I'm again finding it a bit difficult to take any of this seriously. But if his intentions are real and genuine, then good on him. He's going to have an uphill battle earning fans' trust back, but I sincerely hope he's able to do it.

68wPayne
09-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Hope he gets his issues worked out. But is it considered "retiring" if you get fired from everywhere?

SnuffMafia17
09-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Wooooo Finally

clh2285
09-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Didn't work??? :confused:

That is the only opinion I have about the Hardy's

2 Xtreme!!!

AH! Okay! :) Agreed!

maar13
09-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Hope he gets his issues worked out. But is it considered "retiring" if you get fired from everywhere?

Of course it is, you can say what you want. What are they going to do? fire you? lol.

Dr. Death
09-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Matt Hardy was a good mid-carder at best. Good Tag Team Partner. However as of late, he needs help and his trust level is non-existant. Hopefully he gets help. His retirement from "full time" pro wrestling is more than likely because no major wrestling organization will touch him after all of the douche bag, idiotic things he has posted via you tube and twitter. Matt has certainly burned a lot of bridges. The WWE still has a rehab program option for him, but Matt has got to want to change, and personally, I don't think he does. He is such a cry-baby and attention whore, that I don't think he even knows how to stop.

Poot-Hair
09-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Write Matt Hardy's name in the retirement book in pencil folks. Anyone remember when Tiger Woods got caught cheating on his old lady and "retired completely from golf"? How long did that last? Until the next open golf season...I don't think Hardy is done just yet, but I do hope he takes the next 3-6 months to get his ducks back in a row, and get himself both mentally and physically healthy. Wish the guy the best

Juvenile Junkie
09-02-2011, 10:30 AM
at least his weight issues are gone,I wonder if that was the route of all his issues

maar13
09-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Matt Hardy was a good mid-carder at best. Good Tag Team Partner. However as of late, he needs help and his trust level is non-existant. Hopefully he gets help. His retirement from "full time" pro wrestling is more than likely because no major wrestling organization will touch him after all of the douche bag, idiotic things he has posted via you tube and twitter. Matt has certainly burned a lot of bridges. The WWE still has a rehab program option for him, but Matt has got to want to change, and personally, I don't think he does. He is such a cry-baby and attention whore, that I don't think he even knows how to stop.

Well on the bridges thing don't really need to worry about it, just give it time and if he clears up probably will come back to TNA for a while in a manager role or or making very few appearances.

The kind of person he seems to be can't really seem to get out fo wrestling, like most, so he will be back in a few months in some capacity.

Write Matt Hardy's name in the retirement book in pencil folks. Anyone remember when Tiger Woods got caught cheating on his old lady and "retired completely from golf"? How long did that last? Until the next open golf season...I don't think Hardy is done just yet, but I do hope he takes the next 3-6 months to get his ducks back in a row, and get himself both mentally and physically healthy. Wish the guy the best

Yes I don't think so either, if it is true, good for him, if it is like it usually is, well can't really blame the guy, just hope he get his stuff together.