PDA

View Full Version : UFC 135 Rampage vs Jones

SilverGhost
09-01-2011, 01:55 PM
UFC sent this vid out promoting the fight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Beh6fEJVs

RAMPAGE VS JONES!

I say Jones has this.

FLWWEFan
09-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Jones will KO Rampage. Jones is too well rounded not to mention that ridiculous reach advantage and quickness is gonna be too much for Rampage.

Rich Cranium
09-01-2011, 02:17 PM
I thought Jones was supposed to fight Rashad Evans?

FLWWEFan
09-01-2011, 02:26 PM
I thought Jones was supposed to fight Rashad Evans?

That got cancelled when Jones got injured. Rashad was then supposed to fight Phil Davis but then Davis got hurt so Tito ended up taking his place. As it stands right now Evans will get the winner of Jones/Rampage. And I cannot wait to see Jones knock Rashad the F out!

Iron Ape
09-01-2011, 03:15 PM
I'd say that Bones is going to knock Rampage stupid, but I think we're a little beyond that point. Regardless, Quinton doesn't stand much of a chance at all.

Automatic
09-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Jones is gonna fuck him up!

Kenny_Penfold
09-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Jones is gonna fuck him up!

Put this as the thread because it sums everything up beautifully. Bones will destroy him because Rampage is nowhere near mobile enough to challenge him. It depends if he wants to humiliate him like he did with Shogun. Jones will batter Rashad too so he doesn't need to get carried away. No doubt Evans will show up and get in Jones' face but he's only pissed off because of the whole trainer issue. Sanchez v Hughes is not in the least bit interesting and neither will challenge for the title. I'm a little disappointed in the card but I'll watch it of course and stay up til five because that's what I do for the love of the UFC.

thejman93
09-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Put this as the thread because it sums everything up beautifully. Bones will destroy him because Rampage is nowhere near mobile enough to challenge him. It depends if he wants to humiliate him like he did with Shogun. Jones will batter Rashad too so he doesn't need to get carried away. No doubt Evans will show up and get in Jones' face but he's only pissed off because of the whole trainer issue. Sanchez v Hughes is not in the least bit interesting and neither will challenge for the title. I'm a little disappointed in the card but I'll watch it of course and stay up til five because that's what I do for the love of the UFC.

Agreed. Jones will destroy both Rampage and Rashad.

SilverGhost
09-01-2011, 07:00 PM
I want Jones to beat Rashad! Can't stand smug guys.

Androo
09-07-2011, 07:15 PM
"Diego Sanchez was expected to face Matt Hughes, but was forced out of the bout with a broken hand and replaced by Josh Koscheck." - Wiki

Interesting.

FLWWEFan
09-08-2011, 05:53 AM
"Diego Sanchez was expected to face Matt Hughes, but was forced out of the bout with a broken hand and replaced by Josh Koscheck." - Wiki

Interesting.

Yeah, Koscheck is prolly gonna KO Hughes like BJ did. I can't stand Koscheck, but I really don't see Hughes beating him.

Kenny_Penfold
09-08-2011, 07:51 AM
I'm slightly more bothered that Sanchez isn't fighting anymore because he's a shell of a man since he got a pasting off BJ. Kos has a lot to prove too after being destroyed by St Pierre but neither will mount a decent title shot.

Dr. Death
09-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Jones is much more well rounded than Rampage Jackson. I would love to see Jones beat Rampage to a pulp and shut his mouth up for good. But Rampage has crazy 1 punch KO power, if Jones can prove he has a good chin, or avoid Jackson's right hook, he'll have it in the bag. Jackson looked like crap in his last 2 fights.

I heard Sanchez broke his hand in training and that Koscheck was replacing him against Matt Hughes. I hope Hughes destroys Koscheck because I can't stand the guy.

FLWWEFan
09-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Jones is much more well rounded than Rampage Jackson. I would love to see Jones beat Rampage to a pulp and shut his mouth up for good. But Rampage has crazy 1 punch KO power, if Jones can prove he has a good chin, or avoid Jackson's right hook, he'll have it in the bag. Jackson looked like crap in his last 2 fights.

I heard Sanchez broke his hand in training and that Koscheck was replacing him against Matt Hughes. I hope Hughes destroys Koscheck because I can't stand the guy.

I thought the same thing from Machida when he fought Rampage...definetly more well rounded yet he didn't do jack shit in that fight. Jones is gonna be too quick for Rampage, I'm expecting to see a repeat of what Jones did to Shogun.

As far as Kos I'm with you, can't stand that punk either, but I don't like Hughes' chances in this fight unfortunetly.

Iron Ape
09-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Kos is indeed an epic bag of douche, but Matt Hughes isn't much better, really. And Kos should beat him pretty handily. I am sort of interested to see how Hughes fights after having BJ knock the Jesus out of him, though; there's a small chance that a loss as devastating as that one might actually reinvigorate him as a fighter.

KJ PUNK
09-23-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm a huge Rampage fan, but I see no way he wins outside of a lucky KO. Jones is just a beast.

thejman93
09-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Bones by Submission in Round 1.
Kos by KO in Round 2.

Rich Cranium
09-24-2011, 12:49 PM
The domination of Jackson is TONIGHT!!

Androo
09-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Bones Jones, TKO ref stoppage (barrage of punches!), in the.....emm.....oh....I'll go 2nd.

SLEEPY LOCO1
09-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Bones Jones by ref stop in the 3rd round

SilverGhost
09-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Jones showed so much in his fight against Rampage. It was a great fight and a statement as a finish. A win by submission against Rampage is huge!

Androo
09-24-2011, 10:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCySTWFcnlM&feature=related
'Bones' Jones can do everything! He was pristine! I loved him near the end of the 3rd, when he just threw a jab at Rampage, and kept walkin forward and Rampage was just walkin backwards retreating; symbol of the fight as a whole. And at the bell of the 3rd when Jones stood up and flipped Rampage over his shoulders. LOL.

Kos was good aswell. Though, I don't know if it was really impressive from Kos, or Hughes was pretty poor come 2nd half of that 1st round? But he got done by Kos.

Rich Cranium
09-24-2011, 10:51 PM
That rear naked choke was sick!

Subject Zero
09-27-2011, 11:14 AM
I thought the main event was one of the most boring ive ever seen from UFC.

Jones was in another league all together compared to Jackson.

UFC need to make sure these No.1 contenders will at least give us a good fight against the Champion. I know its hard because Jones is excellent and really looks unbeatable but i would of like a more even fight.

Kenny_Penfold
09-27-2011, 03:40 PM
I thought the main event was one of the most boring ive ever seen from UFC.

Jones was in another league all together compared to Jackson.

UFC need to make sure these No.1 contenders will at least give us a good fight against the Champion. I know its hard because Jones is excellent and really looks unbeatable but i would of like a more even fight.

I agree, I was slightly non-plussed about the event and I agree that he needs competition. Rampage was talking his usual shit about embarrasing Bones and Jackson was lucky to stay in as long as he did. Do you think Evans will be any better realistically? He's obviusly faster than Rampage but he got rocked in the fight with Jackson and if Jones catches him, it's done. The problem is your seeing this lack of competition with no one challenging St Pierre also. Kosceck came in and was taken apart, Shields came in never looked dangerous. Since then, the so called 'real challenger to GSP' has been knocked out by Jake Ellenberger! GSP's now fighting some other mug in Condit who won't do anything to him. I don't actually think Condit is shit but he's not going to trouble him. I don't know what the solution is because the only fight I'm excited about is Velasquez vs Dos Santos which is going to be fucking awesome.

Subject Zero
09-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Hopefully it will be a better fight. I am looking forward to it.

I think Evans would of been a better opponent for Jones and wasnt the Jackson vs Evans fight result abit off? I thought Evans was the best on the night and Jones vs Evans could of been better. Jackson is too slow and the reach was so far apart.

Thats the major problem with UFC at the minute.

Silva looks unbeatable and is boring. Jones looks unbeatable and because no one is even close to him his fights are boring. At least with GSP you do get some good fights the only one i thought was close to his standard was that Londoner then he went and got fired for attacking koscheck.

But to be fair on Jones he is the PERFECT MMA the guy is fast, has an unbeatable reach, has knockout power, is a good submission wrestler and is so unorthodox in his style you cant really train to fight him. Unless someone gets a lucky quick knock out on the guy i cant see anyone betting him and hes only 26? i think maybe younger so some guys need to raise their game.

Maybe Bader might get another shot at him but he does look tooooooo good.

Kenny_Penfold
09-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Hopefully it will be a better fight. I am looking forward to it.

I think Evans would of been a better opponent for Jones and wasnt the Jackson vs Evans fight result abit off? I thought Evans was the best on the night and Jones vs Evans could of been better. Jackson is too slow and the reach was so far apart.

Thats the major problem with UFC at the minute.

Silva looks unbeatable and is boring. Jones looks unbeatable and because no one is even close to him his fights are boring. At least with GSP you do get some good fights the only one i thought was close to his standard was that Londoner then he went and got fired for attacking koscheck.

But to be fair on Jones he is the PERFECT MMA the guy is fast, has an unbeatable reach, has knockout power, is a good submission wrestler and is so unorthodox in his style you cant really train to fight him. Unless someone gets a lucky quick knock out on the guy i cant see anyone betting him and hes only 26? i think maybe younger so some guys need to raise their game.

Maybe Bader might get another shot at him but he does look tooooooo good.

I hope for the sake of the title that Ryan Bader gets nowhere near the title picture. I deserve the shot at Jones more than he does. No one is on Jones' level and it ain't gonna change with Evans next year.

Subject Zero
09-28-2011, 07:40 PM
I hope for the sake of the title that Ryan Bader gets nowhere near the title picture. I deserve the shot at Jones more than he does. No one is on Jones' level and it ain't gonna change with Evans next year.

Bader was undefeated before Jones was.

And hes knocked out some pretty tough dudes.

And the fact that he knocked out Jardine in a few seconds means he has the ability to go in for the Knockout straightaway. And again unless someone knocks out Jones in the first 2 minutes of the fight i cant see him losing. Hes too good.

Kenny_Penfold
09-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Bader was undefeated before Jones was.

And hes knocked out some pretty tough dudes.

And the fact that he knocked out Jardine in a few seconds means he has the ability to go in for the Knockout straightaway. And again unless someone knocks out Jones in the first 2 minutes of the fight i cant see him losing. Hes too good.

I take your point but then Ortiz caught him and put him to sleep in seconds also so it works both ways. I don't take much from beating Jardine because apart from the Liddell battering, Rampage beat the shit out of him at UFC 93. I respect your opinion and I'm no expert but Bader isn't the answer because Jones would do exactly what he did before but quicker.

Subject Zero
09-28-2011, 07:46 PM
I take your point but then Ortiz caught him and put him to sleep in seconds also so it works both ways. I don't take much from beating Jardine because apart from the Liddell battering, Rampage beat the shit out of him at UFC 93. I respect your opinion and I'm no expert but Bader isn't the answer because Jones would do exactly what he did before but quicker.

True Jardine was at the end of his career. But i mean that we need someone who will just go all out the first 2 minutes put everything on the line. And Bader is the only dude i can think of who is quick out the blocks off the top of my head.

Kenny_Penfold
09-28-2011, 07:57 PM
True Jardine was at the end of his career. But i mean that we need someone who will just go all out the first 2 minutes put everything on the line. And Bader is the only dude i can think of who is quick out the blocks off the top of my head.

I was just looking through the list so I can come up with some solution and I can't. But I did see Phil Davis. Wasn't he supposed to be in the title hunt or going to fight Rashad or something?