PDA

View Full Version : WWE Lists It's 50 Greatest Superstars *ALL RELATED CONTENT WILL BE MOVED HERE*

Reichwulf
09-01-2011, 11:34 AM
So from reading ryans news post and angles twitter, i myself have to agree with kurt. He should've been higher on the list.

Heres the list:

1. Shawn Michaels
2. The Undertaker
3. Steve Austin
4. Bret Hart
5. The Rock
6. Harley Race
7. Ricky Steamboat
8. Andre the Giant
9. Rey Mysterio
10. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
11. Eddie Guerrero
12. Triple H
13. Gorgeous George
14. "Macho Man" Randy Savage
15. "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig
16. John Cena
17. Dusty Rhodes and Ric Flair (tied)
19. Edge
20. Jerry "The King" Lawler
21. Lou Thesz
22. Terry Funk
23. Hulk Hogan
24. Bruno Sammartino
25. Chris Jericho
26. Ted DiBiase
27. Fabulous Moolah
28. Classy Freddie Blassie
29. Randy Orton
30. Pat Patterson
31. The Iron Sheik
32. Jimmy Snuka
33. Mick Foley
34. Kurt Angle
35. Buddy Rogers
36. Gorilla Monsoon
37. Junkyard Dog
38. "Superstar" Billy Graham
39. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
40. Big Show
41. Jack Brisco
42. Sgt. Slaughter
43. Kane
44. Nick Bockwinkel
45. Jeff Hardy
46. Dory Funk Jr.
47. Bob Backlund
48. Rick Rude
49. Batista
50. Killer Kowalski

---------

To be honest, i feel that the list itself is completely wrong and sympathize for those who feel they should be on, or are mis placed.

I feel instead of doing an all time list, they should have broken it into a dvd collection the top 20-25 from the decades 80s-90s 2000s and so on. It would not have only been more fair, but would have highlighted stars of their time.

I know the dvd is sorta old news but i wanted to bring this up and i couldn't find a thread on it, so decided to make my own.

What are your thoughts on the list? Do you feel it was wrongly approached? What is your top 10?

HeelTurn
09-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Its a biased list, guys like Angle should realise this. Hes been in a different company for about 5 years now, of course WWE is going to drop him low down. If he had been in the WWE the whole time he may have easily been top 10, but I disagree that he should be top 5 as he said.

el gabo
09-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Angle is seriously getting Matt Hardy-ish. I'm starting to just not take anything he says seriously anymore.

1. He wanted out to heal up his body and signed with TNA. Which leads to #2
2. You're in TNA right now, it would be stupid to put over someone from the competition

HCollins-TNA1
09-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Some that don't belong so high.... Some are misplaced.... some that don't belong on the list Batastia, Jake the Snake Roberts, Junk Yard Dog, and Jimmy Snuka....

FLWWEFan
09-01-2011, 11:40 AM
What did he really expect, he's wrestling from TNA right now and he expected to be ranked in the Top 5? LMAO...it's a propoganda dvd for WWE just to make some extra $$$. Hell there's wrestlers not even on there that deserve to be there.

HCollins-TNA1
09-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Its a biased list, guys like Angle should realise this. Hes been in a different company for about 5 years now, of course WWE is going to drop him low down. If he had been in the WWE the whole time he may have easily been top 10, but I disagree that he should be top 5 as he said.

WWE is always biased towards guys that is loyal or hadn't screwed with with them even Hogan or Flair or Sammartino should all be in he top 10..

68wPayne
09-01-2011, 11:42 AM
The list is biased of course, otherwise do you really think Hulk Hogan after all he has meant to the wrestling business would be below Terry Funk, Mr. Perfect, and Edge. Kurt will get his day in the sun when he gets inducted into the Hall of Fame, until then he should stop drinking the Hardy Kool-Aid

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Some that don't belong so high.... Some are misplaced.... some that don't belong on the list Batastia, Jake the Snake Roberts, Junk Yard Dog, and Jimmy Snuka....

Id argue Roberts does and the fact that Junk Yard Dog a legend maybe for the wrong reasons which i wont go into at all.

But yeah the list is pure shite as disscused when Bret Hart didnt like it.

The_Awesome_One
09-01-2011, 12:03 PM

but I liked batista :~(

Crigu
09-01-2011, 12:03 PM
I think that in the DVD they say that the list is compiled by the current WWE superstars, correct me if I'm wrong

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:09 PM

So your to blame for his push to the Main Event........

DAMN YOU

Reichwulf
09-01-2011, 12:14 PM

Still some people should have been added / taken away

I'd personally would have liked to see crash and or hardcore holly up there as well.

A couple of the people up there are from the present who didn't contribute that much or from the past that were simply big names.

VanHooliganX
09-01-2011, 12:16 PM
He was hardly going to be very high
He hasn't worked that in half a decade

Reloval
09-01-2011, 12:26 PM
He should probably just go have another imaginary meeting with Dana White and stop complaining on Twitter all the time.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:28 PM
I'd personally would have liked to see crash and or hardcore holly up there as well.

Why not just add Funaki and the Mean Street Posey if you are going to add Crash and Hardcore Holly

el gabo
09-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Why not just add Funaki and the Mean Street Posey if you are going to add Crash and Hardcore Holly

A bit harsh?

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:31 PM
A bit harsh?

Not really Crash did do the whole Hardcore thing but hes hardly in the top 100 superstars or all time never mind the top 50.

And Holly would of been forgotten if he hadnt had that Rivalry with Brock Lesnar i mean the guy was a lower midcard no more

Reichwulf
09-01-2011, 12:31 PM

I personally liked the hardcore division and the 24 hr rule, it was entertaining and both crash and hardcore holly helped define it, which was a part or the wwe/wwf history.

Which is why i felt atleast crash should have been included in.

Iamthegame
09-01-2011, 12:32 PM
I myself have a problem with the list, namely that Rey Mysterio is ranked higher than The Game himself, but other than that I mean the whole feature the host was saying that the list was largely comprised of then WWE superstars and who they thought was the greatest of all time so yes it was largely subjective which is probably why Kurt was ranked so low AND the fact that the DVD came out right around the time after HBK and the Deadman had their last match at WM so does it really surprise you about their ranking...Sidenote: anyone else notice how HBK beat Bret Hart once again!!!! I love it

Russo swerve
09-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Still some people should have been added / taken away

A couple of the people up there are from the present who didn't contribute that much or from the past that were simply big names.

Crash holly???? No disrespect but he isnt even rememorable

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Crash holly???? No disrespect but he isnt even rememorable

Bang this told you guys

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:38 PM
I personally liked the hardcore division and the 24 hr rule, it was entertaining and both crash and hardcore holly helped define it, which was a part or the wwe/wwf history.

Which is why i felt atleast crash should have been included in.

You should of said Terry Funk or Foley because these two yeah but Crash will be forgotten

el gabo
09-01-2011, 12:40 PM
I loved this guy's gimmick.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ce/Crash_Holly_1999_WWF_Smackdown_(WWE).jpg/220px-Crash_Holly_1999_WWF_Smackdown_(WWE).jpg

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:41 PM
I loved this guy's gimmick.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ce/Crash_Holly_1999_WWF_Smackdown_(WWE).jpg/220px-Crash_Holly_1999_WWF_Smackdown_(WWE).jpg

I like the Boogeymans gimmick didnt mean he should be in the top 50 superstars of all time

el gabo
09-01-2011, 12:41 PM
You should of said Terry Funk or Foley because these two yeah but Crash will be forgotten

Don't get me wrong, on don't think he belongs on the list. He's not top 50 or top 200 in fact, the guy for me was entertaining.

el gabo
09-01-2011, 12:42 PM
I like the Boogeymans gimmick didnt mean he should be in the top 50 superstars of all time

A bit tense? Have a brewski man.

Rich Cranium
09-01-2011, 12:47 PM
They should replace Batista with Owen Hart imo.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
09-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Correct me if I am wrong. Angle is currently world champion in TNA, right? Yet, instead of being happy he is at the top of his current promotion, he decides to worry about a propaganda DVD of WWE's top superstars and get pissed he is #34? Huh? It kind of indicates where Kurt Angle's priorities really lie ...

Why make such a big deal out of a corporate DVD such as this? I'm sorry, but compared to other people on the list who should definitely be higher, some who SHOULD HAVE been on it, and some who shouldn't even be there, Angle has nothing to complain about. He should have known WWE was not going to give him, a TNA employee, a top spot on the list. It may have been a different story if he was still in WWE though ... sadly he isn't.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:53 PM

LOL the first one wasnt aimed at you. But yeah i agree with you not even in the 200 odd.

and the Boogeyman thing was more of a point for the thread.

Just because you like a gimmick or a superstar dosent mean he should be in this bullshit list

HCollins-TNA1
09-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Correct me if I am wrong. Angle is currently world champion in TNA, right? Yet, instead of being happy he is at the top of his current promotion, he decides to worry about a propaganda DVD of WWE's top superstars and get pissed he is #34? Huh? It kind of indicates where Kurt Angle's priorities really lie ...

Why make such a big deal out of a corporate DVD such as this? I'm sorry, but compared to other people on the list who should definitely be higher, some who SHOULD HAVE been on it, and some who shouldn't even be there, Angle has nothing to complain about. He should have known WWE was not going to give him, a TNA employee, a top spot on the list. It may have been a different story if he was still in WWE though ... sadly he isn't.

Wouldn't you if there were Royalties off your name????

HeelTurn
09-01-2011, 12:57 PM
British Bulldog????

VanHooliganX
09-01-2011, 12:58 PM

Can I have 1? :)

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
09-01-2011, 01:01 PM
My Top 5

[1] 1. Shawn Michaels
[2] 23. Hulk Hogan
[3] 2. The Undertaker
[4] 3. Steve Austin
[5] 4. Bret Hart

Hogan made WWE famous and he is behind The King, Cena, and Edge.....

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Wouldn't you if there were Royalties off your name????

Yes and no i mean every one of importance knows the list is pure shit and he could surely demand to be removed if he wanted.

At the end of the day its free publicity, he gets money for it and atleast he is on the list a few guys who are awesome also arent

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 01:02 PM
My Top 5

[1] 1. Shawn Michaels
[2] 23. Hulk Hogan
[3] 2. The Undertaker
[4] 3. Steve Austin
[5] 4. Bret Hart

Hogan made WWE famous and he is behind The King, Cena, and Edge.....

Cena is the number 1 guy thats why he is so high. Edge is a pure legend end of i think hes in the top 5 of all time.

And The King did alot for the territories before WWF took off.

Hogan would be higher if he hadnt joined TNA.

Again the list is pure shite

Tommy Thunder
09-01-2011, 01:03 PM
why not just add funaki and the mean street posey if you are going to add crash and hardcore holly

indeeeeeed!!

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 01:05 PM
indeeeeeed!!

That is one of the reasons i love Funaki dude had an amazing sense of humour about himself and just felt grateful to be in the buisness and never bitched about who he lost to.

Rich Cranium
09-01-2011, 01:12 PM
indeeeeeed!!

That is one of the reasons i love Funaki dude had an amazing sense of humour about himself and just felt grateful to be in the buisness and never bitched about who he lost to.

This is great! :)

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 01:16 PM

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

el gabo
09-01-2011, 01:21 PM

Personally, I like Taka more. Kaintai ruled!

Tommy Thunder
09-01-2011, 01:23 PM

I don't get it. What is?

SxE_Danielle_TD
09-01-2011, 01:24 PM
He should be in the top 5, but I understand why he isn't.

Rich Cranium
09-01-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't get it. What is?

I mean the fact that you guys have left the past alone and not gone after each other in Google reviews. ;)

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Personally, I like Taka more. Kaintai ruled!

Compare the two in ring any day of the week and yes Taka is significantly better then Funaki.

But what i was praising Funaki for was his attitude and professionalism rather then his in ring ability and/or character

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 01:27 PM
I mean the fact that you guys have left the past alone and not gone after each other in Google reviews. ;)

Thats because it wasnt anything personnel between us it was more or less an arguement thats now in the past.

Lets leave it at that from me no more to be said

Tommy Thunder
09-01-2011, 01:28 PM
He should be in the top 5, but I understand why he isn't.

Exactly. He's certainly should be in the top 5, but it's perfectly understandable why he isn't.

I don't get it. We never had a 'feud' going on between us (ala IPITS and IPITB)!! We simply disagreed on certain topics in a few threads!!

Rich Cranium
09-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Thats because it wasnt anything personnel between us it was more or less an arguement thats now in the past.

Lets leave it at that from me no more to be said

So are you sad that Angle is upset over this list?

el gabo
09-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Compare the two in ring any day of the week and yes Taka is significantly better then Funaki.

But what i was praising Funaki for was his attitude and professionalism rather then his in ring ability and/or character

I know you were. Kungfunaki was great.

This was hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61A1dK9GXnI

EEEEEVILLLLLLLLLLLL

Rich Cranium
09-01-2011, 01:29 PM
I don't get it. We never had a 'feud' going on between us (ala IPITS and IPITB)!! We simply disagreed on certain topics in a few threads!!

Do you feel he should be ahead of Bret Hart?

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 01:30 PM
So are you sad that Angle is upset over this list?

ive posted about 15 times on this issue just look back a few pages

HeelTurn
09-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Exactly. He's certainly should be in the top 5, but it's perfectly understandable why he isn't.

Top 5 wrestling wise, but overall, later half of top 10.

Tommy Thunder
09-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Do you feel he should be ahead of Bret Hart?

If Kurt Angle was in WWE, then yes. IMO he should be ahead of Bret Hart. BUT, IMO, Bret Hart should be lower on the list.

Rich Cranium
09-01-2011, 01:32 PM
ive posted about 15 times on this issue just look back a few pages

He is however in the top 5 for the best technicians of all time. Agree?

If Kurt Angle was in WWE, then yes. IMO he should be ahead of Bret Hart. BUT, IMO, Bret Hart should be lower on the list.

I agree for this list but if it were a wrestling technician's list then I disagree.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Top 5 wrestling wise, but overall, later half of top 10.

Nailed it in one

el gabo
09-01-2011, 01:33 PM

I disagree. Kurt might have been a better wrestler but, Bret had a much bigger impact (at least I think so) on the WWF. Hart Foundation, Screw Job, SS vs British Bulldog.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 01:34 PM
He is however in the top 5 for the best technicians of all time. Agree?

I agree for this list but if it were a wrestling technician's list then I disagree.

Oh hell yeah if it was a list of wrestling ability i could not see the list not having Benoit, Angle and Hart as the top 3. But its not.

Rich Cranium
09-01-2011, 01:35 PM
I disagree. Kurt might have been a better wrestler but, Bret had a much bigger impact (at least I think so) on the WWF. Hart Foundation, Screw Job, SS vs British Bulldog.

And he set a standard when he would give his sunglasses to a kid at ringside. Mysterio and his throwaway masks says hello.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 01:36 PM

Bret Hart isnt to everyones taste though.

I mean he is in my top 5 any day of the week but alot find him boring on the mic and when you compare some of his matches although technically breathe taking the entertainment wasnt always there for most fans

el gabo
09-01-2011, 01:38 PM
And he set a standard when he would give his sunglasses to a kid at ringside. Mysterio and his throwaway masks says hello.

How could I of forgotten this? I think he was legendary in his time. Don't think the same can be said for Angle (as much as I loved the guy early 2000's)

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 01:39 PM

i once recieved the glasses

el gabo
09-01-2011, 01:41 PM

I mean he is in my top 5 any day of the week but alot find him boring on the mic and when you compare some of his matches although technically breathe taking the entertainment wasnt always there for most fans

I feel the entertainment part wasn't as important as it is now. That's why I said in his time he was legendary. Yeah Angle was better entertainer but, this because of how the wrestling business evolved.

Reichwulf
09-01-2011, 01:44 PM
I know you were. Kungfunaki was great.

This was hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61A1dK9GXnI

EEEEEVILLLLLLLLLLLL

lol i almost forgot about this tag team :D thanks for sharing it :P

Tommy Thunder
09-01-2011, 01:45 PM

John Morrison doing exactly the same shouts out hello too!!

Precisely how I feel.
Bret Hart is an awesome wrestler no doubt. But I am one of those people who finds him boring on the mic, and don't find his matches as 'entertaining' as other technical wrestlers like Angle, Guerrero, Benoit (to name 3).

Angle and Bret would be in my top 10, but Angle would come ahead of Bret.

Tommy Thunder
09-01-2011, 01:47 PM
lol i almost forgot about this tag team :D thanks for sharing it :P

How dare you. For this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WpKTICgwR8

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 01:47 PM
I feel the entertainment part wasn't as important as it is now. That's why I said in his time he was legendary. Yeah Angle was better entertainer but, this because of how the wrestling business evolved.

YOU dont but what i said was a majority of fans are excited by more entertaining styles. Brets slow paced matches wont appeal to ALL those who love the likes of Hulk Hogan or Jeff Hardy.

And no i think Bret Hart is Legendary FULLSTOP.

Kurt Angle was highly entertaining one of my favorites heels of all time and had two of my favorite rivalries with Beniot and Lesnar.

But because of the history with Bret Hart and the time he spent with WWE and the incidents that happened throughout his career i would say Bret is more of a legend. But thats just my opinion

Reloval
09-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesner Iron Man match...Greatest non PPV match ever...There I said it.

More related to the topic: a WWE DVD no matter the topic is going to promote "their guys" or "The Other Guys". The DVD is obviously trying to put over the guys on the list that WWE wants you to remember and will help them make income in the long run. Kurt has openly stated when he retires that he wants to continue to help TNA inprove and beat WWE. From a business stand point it wouldnt be smart to list Kurt where he "actually" belongs.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesner Iron Man match...Greatest non PPV match ever...There I said it.

I would for gone for the TLC 4 way tag team match

Y2J___Y2J
09-01-2011, 02:55 PM
IMO Angle wouldn't make the Top 10 in my books. If you think of all the legends of the past he's probably somewhere from 10-15 in my books. What does he expect anyway for guy who is working with WWE's rival company, put a guy who is still active in another company at the top?!

maar13
09-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Look, first of all, like many have pointed, the list is very biased, like Jericho said, any list that puts Hulk Hogan at the 23 spot has something funny about it. Also, it is the list for the biggest stars, not best wrestlers, but all around stars of the WWE, other wise Mick won't be as high, I love Mick but he was no technical masterpiece, he was a Hardcore man and a risk taker.

And I like Kurt, but being serious, on his era, he was on the top 5 of The WWE on his era, right behind the likes of Austin, Rock, Taker, HHH and then you can count Kurt there. During the invasion Angle he was a big deal, but in the end again, he was never on the top three of any era or any brand he was involved in, Maybe when he got transferred to ECW but again, when he was on suspension, he was already behind RVD as the top dog of the 3rd brand of the WWE. When he was at Smackdown, yes he was the champion but even in the end Benoit and Guerrero surpassed him in importance as the guys to go.

So should he be in the top 5 of all time? NO, not at all, not even in the top 10.

Was he one of the top 5 technical wrestlers there? probably.

The Brown One
09-01-2011, 06:30 PM
So should he be in the top 5 of all time? NO, not at all, not even in the top 10.

Was he one of the top 5 technical wrestlers there? probably.

I would have him in the top 10, but not the top 5. But hes definitely in the top 5 wrestlers of all time.

maar13
09-01-2011, 07:11 PM
I would have him in the top 10, but not the top 5. But hes definitely in the top 5 wrestlers of all time.

Again, that depends on your liking like everyone else.

As a wrestler, probably you are right, most likely I would say, but as an overall star, not even in the top ten of all time.

wrestlingfan66513
09-01-2011, 07:57 PM
I am surprised Hogan and Fleur haven't complained yet.

maar13
09-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I am surprised Hogan and Fleur haven't complained yet.

Both probably see the crap about it and it doesn't bother them as much.

evilgenius780
09-01-2011, 10:05 PM
While I may not agree entirely with this list, the more I think about it, the less I would want to be the one who has to put this list together, it would be freakin difficult

Dr. Death
09-02-2011, 07:50 AM
All "lists" no matter who put it together, are the opinion of the poster/writer and as such may vary in small or huge ways from everyone else. In my opinion, Kurt Angle is a lot better than Rey Mysterio, Hogan, John Cena, and quite a few others on that list. I would like to know what the person/people that made the list were judging talent on in order to be placed on the list. Kurt shouldn't pay much attention to it, maybe he should make his own "list".

Reichwulf
09-02-2011, 07:52 AM
All "lists" no matter who put it together, are the opinion of the poster/writer and as such may vary in small or huge ways from everyone else. In my opinion, Kurt Angle is a lot better than Rey Mysterio, Hogan, John Cena, and quite a few others on that list. I would like to know what the person/people that made the list were judging talent on in order to be placed on the list. Kurt shouldn't pay much attention to it, maybe he should make his own "list".

That would be interesting to see, angles list on wwe talent :p

Y2Jryder
09-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Stop making threads about the fucking list. it's ridiculous

Reichwulf
09-02-2011, 08:00 AM

I couldn't find another thread on it so i decided to make one yesterday (as you'd see in the original post)

printz1224
09-02-2011, 10:55 AM
as far as "superstars" go, him wanting to be top 5 is a little ridiculous. He thinks in a list that contains The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, Steve Austin, Eddie Guerrero, Randy Savage, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Edge, Hulk Hogan, Triple H, etc... that he should be top 5??

When it comes to top "superstars", I'm pretty sure it's a matter of who's made the biggest impact for the company...and if that's the case, Kurt's nowhere near top 5

Reichwulf
09-02-2011, 10:56 AM
As noted yesterday here on the website, Kurt Angle isn’t happy about being #34 on WWE’s Top 50 Superstars of All-Time DVD that was released at the end of 2010. He wrote on Twitter yesterday:

“I was #34 of Wwe All time Greatest? Tell You what, take Me off the list. I’d rather not be on it, if I wasn’t top 5. Who Ranks Wrestlers?

I have never been More Insulted By Wwe top 50.#34 to Me Is a kick to the balls!Take Me out of ratings.please.U think fans will buy that crap

Shawn Michaels Deserves #1. He has Been Putting On Awesome Matches for Well Over 20something Years. I Will Not Complain. It is What It Is!!!”

Mick Foley, who was ranked #33, responded:

“I was pretty happy to be #33 on @WWE Greatest Stars of All Time. Guessing Kurt Angle wasn’t so pleased to be #34 – kind of a perfectionist.

My youmger kids are SO into trying to guess the top 10 stars of all-time. Really didn’t picture myself watching @WWE DVD’s a few years ago.”

---------------------------------------

Foley is so modest :p as stated before this list is pretty much opinionated, i figured i'd add this piece into it as it just came out into the news though.

Rich Cranium
09-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Front the front page:

“I was pretty happy to be #33 on @WWE Greatest Stars of All Time. Guessing Kurt Angle wasn’t so pleased to be #34 – kind or a perfectionist.

My youmger kids are SO into trying to guess the top 10 stars of all-time. Really didn’t picture myself watching @WWE DVD’s a few years ago.”

Sure Foley isn't a wrestling technician but he is hardcore and is good on the mic. He has put on some classics with the Undertaker, Terry Funk and many others, so I think his place on the list is justified imo.

Thoughts?

Y2Jryder
09-02-2011, 12:25 PM
again a thread about that crappy list?? dude come on........

Reichwulf
09-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Front the front page:

“I was pretty happy to be #33 on @WWE Greatest Stars of All Time. Guessing Kurt Angle wasn’t so pleased to be #34 – kind or a perfectionist.

Sure Foley isn't a wrestling technician but he is hardcore and is good on the mic. He has put on some classics with the Undertaker, Terry Funk and many others, so I think his place on the list is justified imo.

Thoughts?

I'd personally like to see him lower than that, but hey if hes happy with it, what more is there to say?

helmsley
09-02-2011, 12:30 PM
i personally could see him around 25 but i think he deserves his spot

Rich Cranium
09-02-2011, 12:31 PM

If you are not happy with this thread then what is the point in responding?

Y2Jryder
09-02-2011, 12:33 PM
If you are not happy with this thread then what is the point in responding?
To let you know that i'm not fond of this kind of threads

Mr. McMahon
09-02-2011, 12:51 PM
how about creating a thread about every single news posted on the main site. Don't they already have a comment section for that, you know the facebook comment

jhorton1215
09-02-2011, 12:55 PM
If Foley's fine at #33, then it's good... While I do agree Kurt Angle should be higher, I wouldn't have him Top 15.

xAzureSkye
09-02-2011, 12:56 PM
how about creating a thread about every single news posted on the main site. Don't they already have a comment section for that, you know the facebook comment

Not everybody has Facebook, and I think more people come onto EWN for the forums not the news

helmsley
09-02-2011, 12:57 PM

How about shuting the fuck up and not commenting if you dont like the topic of thread......its just common sense

xAzureSkye
09-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Why is Kurt only bringing this up now when the list was revealed months ago. & I think he's just pissed cos he got beat by Moolah.

Rich Cranium
09-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Why is Kurt only bringing this up now when the list was revealed months ago. & I think he's just pissed cos he got beat by Moolah.

That's right, Black Spider FTW!

K2Jelly
09-02-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm just glad that someone is happy about their spot on the list.

Y2J___Y2J
09-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Well at least Foley is happy at #33..
not bitching about it like Angle.. did he really expect to be top 5 or 10?!!

Mr. McMahon
09-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Nice, looks like that counted towards your post count. As if you don't go into threads that you don't like and still comment.

How about shuting the fuck up and not commenting if you dont like the topic of thread......its just common sense

steveorton
09-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Well at least Foley is happy at #33..
not bitching about it like Angle.. did he really expect to be top 5 or 10?!!

^^^^^^^This

maar13
09-02-2011, 02:19 PM

Nailed it right on the head!

And on Foley, obviously he though he was not even going to be consider, thus it makes him happy to evne be mentioned. List or not Foley was cool, glad they put him in that list and more importantly I am Happy he is happy to be there.

Mikeyboy7777777
09-02-2011, 02:47 PM
I would place mick foley even further on the list just to piss angle off

Reichwulf
09-02-2011, 02:49 PM
I would place mick foley even further on the list just to piss angle off

lol :p

Rich Cranium
09-03-2011, 12:10 AM
From the front page:

Kurt Angle apologized to WWE over his Twitter account for trashing their Top 50 Superstars list where he was ranked #34. Angle posted the following:

Want to Apologize to Everyone that I disrespected with My Comments about Wwe's Rankings. I truly Am Proud to Be in Top 50. Thank U 2 Wwe

Peter Kaymakcian
09-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Kurt has a legitimate gripe I think. Lets be honest here Angle is one of the best wrestlers to ever lace up a pair of boots and the WWE doesn't put him in the Top Five which he easily is. By the way the WWE should've honestly said Top WWE/F Wrestlers of All-Time because if they honestly believe those of the top fifty wrestlers of All-Time they should start watching NJPW, AAA, ROH, DG, DG USA, and many more.

KJ PUNK
09-03-2011, 12:28 AM
everybody knows he was hacked :p

キングバム
09-03-2011, 12:48 AM
WWE's top 50 has been incorrect for for awhile now. I see so many talented wrestlers that should be in or near the top 5. Kurt Angle had every right to be angered by this. Edge is way down the list (I forgot what number) an Edge was the guy who carried the likes of John Cena an Randy Orton when they fedued/tag teamed with him. IMO Edge should have been higher up as well.

Beutiful Chaos
09-03-2011, 01:04 AM
The list is bullshit! Who cares?

Avril
09-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Kurt Angle is an Olympic Gold Medalist can anybody really blame him for being a little upset over "Top 50 Superstars" list? He has all right to be angry about the list, but everybody has criticized the list for it's many inaccuracies. People can come to their own conclusion, while taking the "Top 50 Superstars" list with a grain of salt for it's rankings.

Gangrel
09-03-2011, 01:23 AM
It seems almost, not everyone just a lot, of you people are all focused on the whole Kurt Angle placement of the top 50.

Buuuut, am I the only one scratching my head wondering......."How the FUCK did Cena get placed ahead of Edge and Jericho" O.o

I know Cena is Vince's little puppet and Vince would put him high, but still come on. Cena better then Jericho and Edge O.o if I recall correctly, during all of Cena/Edge storylines Edge usually always had the upper hand, came out on top, and was the one shinning in all of the matches. PLUS, Edge has had more accomplishments (Same with Jericho, I just like Edge more and used him as the example :P)

P.S. I mainly made this thread to get the attention off of Angle ^_^ (I got bored at 1:30 in the morning with insomnia)

zapphoman
09-03-2011, 01:27 AM
I agree but as long as John Cena is the top draw in the WWE, he is going to be above alot of otherwise better wrestlers.

Sidenote: love your name. Used to be a big fan of Gangrel. Unfortunate he couldn't stick around.

キングバム
09-03-2011, 01:28 AM
Edge an Chris Jericho.. That is all.. Once you read from the bottom an keep going your head explodes in orgasmic proportions... Then being mentally crippled by their amount of awesome you have no choice but to determine them as the top 2 on the list.

Gangrel
09-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Edge an Chris Jericho.. That is all.. Once you read from the bottom an keep going your head explodes in orgasmic proportions... Then being mentally crippled by their amount of awesome you have no choice but to determine them as the top 2 on the list.

Meh, they're just two of my all time favorites. Like I said, I mainly made this thread out of pure boredom. Point is, yeah Cena is Vince's favorite right now and the "face of the company" but it's kind of ridiculous how high he is and how many great wrestlers are behind him...I just mentioned Edge and Jericho because they're two of my favorites and I didn't want to type a bunch of wrestlers names :P

GR81
09-03-2011, 01:34 AM
These lists mean nothing. I'm sure if they re-made this list in a year it would look completely different.

Gangrel
09-03-2011, 01:35 AM
I agree but as long as John Cena is the top draw in the WWE, he is going to be above alot of otherwise better wrestlers.

Sidenote: love your name. Used to be a big fan of Gangrel. Unfortunate he couldn't stick around.

Thanks ^.^ I was a big fan of his too and kind of dissapointed he isn't around anymore

Gangrel
09-03-2011, 01:35 AM
These lists mean nothing. I'm sure if they re-made this list in a year it would look completely different.

Cena being high would still be the same though :) You know it's true :)

JLeeDude1892
09-03-2011, 01:47 AM
What you don't understand is that the WWE isn't a wrestling based company anymore. The Top 50 wasn't about great wrestlers, even though most of them are great wrestlers, it's about who is or was over with the company. Cena is way over, so he got listed high. Angle was over, but he's in TNA now. So he's later on in the list.

Gangrel
09-03-2011, 01:48 AM
What you don't understand is that the WWE isn't a wrestling based company anymore. The Top 50 wasn't about great wrestlers, even though most of them are great wrestlers, it's about who is or was over with the company. Cena is way over, so he got listed high. Angle was over, but he's in TNA now. So he's later on in the list.

Okay, that actually makes logical sense now that I think about it...The list shouldn't be called what it is then o.O

Rich Cranium
09-03-2011, 02:08 AM
Should have been called "WWE's top 50 superstars of all time IN OUR OPINION"

the wrestling shade
09-03-2011, 03:03 AM
People are actualy discussing the Top 50 list of wwe wrestler?!?!?! lol that list isnt even right and Biased is written all over it. just let it go allready!

AOF666
09-03-2011, 04:34 AM
Should have been called "WWE's top 50 superstars of all time IN OUR OPINION"

Agree^^^^^^^^

bcfccalum
09-03-2011, 06:02 AM
Jericho is god and should be number 1!

Jayoholic
09-03-2011, 08:07 AM
Superstars...not wrestlers. They're not just basing it off of wrestling ability, but overall impact on the industry. Get over it people.

Mr. McMahon
09-03-2011, 09:31 AM
I haven't even seen the list but come on why is everyone fussing over it? The WWE probably didn't even create it, some kid who works for WWE probably created it and vince just looked at it once to approve it.

Y2Jryder
09-03-2011, 01:38 PM
how about 'no' junior

Y2J___Y2J
09-03-2011, 02:37 PM
The lists mean nothing. Mainly the top draws will be the highest.. Not guys who are awesome in-ring or have a internet fan-base.

CobraNightviper
09-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Is this about the dvd that came out last year?or is their a new list or dvd?

xAzureSkye
09-03-2011, 04:16 PM

Well stop commenting on every thread about the list.

Rich Cranium
09-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Well stop commenting on every thread about the list.

Thank you! I was going to post something similar but thought, forget it.

Y2Jryder
09-03-2011, 04:52 PM
oh noes....

68wPayne
09-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Cena may actually wind up bigger than Hogan in the history books when it is all said and done. His merchandise sales are through the roof, children love him, he's a better performer than Hogan, and last but not least Hogan is tarnishing his legacy by staying around and doing what he is doing in TNA.

Reichwulf
09-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Cena may actually wind up bigger than Hogan in the history books when it is all said and done. His merchandise sales are through the roof, children love him, he's a better performer than Hogan, and last but not least Hogan is tarnishing his legacy by staying around and doing what he is doing in TNA.

It might happen .

Peter Kaymakcian
09-03-2011, 05:31 PM
On WWE's 50 Greatest Wrestlers of all-time CM Punk was left out in lou of Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley, Batista, and other people who have no right on a list like this. So my question to you guys is should CM Punk have sour grapes on this list considering he is a member of the WWE Roster and was snubbed for TNA guys?

Reichwulf
09-03-2011, 05:35 PM
On WWE's 50 Greatest Wrestlers of all-time CM Punk was left out in lou of Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley, Batista, and other people who have no right on a list like this. So my question to you guys is should CM Punk have sour grapes on this list considering he is a member of the WWE Roster and was snubbed for TNA guys?

in before people grip about another list thread.

And the list was opinionated, and as someone else said if it was done again it would be different, i myself find the whole list pretty bad.

Automatic
He should leave and lead TNA into superstardom and their quest to be the #1 promotion.

C'mon man...

Everyone has a personal opinion on who's best and this list is WWE's one. No need to argue it's their opinion.

SLEEPY LOCO1
I do think he should have been in there over Batista, but the others, did alot for the WWF/E and put alot of Money in Vince's bank account.

S.E. Zero
09-03-2011, 05:37 PM
He should leave and lead TNA into superstardom and their quest to be the #1 promotion.

C'mon man...

Everyone has a personal opinion on who's best and this list is WWE's one. No need to argue it's their opinion.

All of THIS!!!

The Brown One
09-03-2011, 05:40 PM
When CM Punk retires with the WWE, then he will be on that list. Its more of a loyalty list than a "best of all time" list.

Reichwulf
09-03-2011, 05:43 PM
To be honest, it's not fair at all to have a list all together. The next dvd set they release it should be from different eras and generations.

The_Awesome_One
09-03-2011, 06:07 PM
honestly I dont think he should be on, I mean the list was made (i think anyway), before his true breakout promo and matches with cena and he only debut on wwe tv in 2006

Y2J___Y2J
09-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Not another one...

tnafanwwehater
09-03-2011, 06:21 PM

u do realize this is of all time. this refers to people who hardly wrestle or are semi retired. punk is not the greatest of all time. i still wanna see what he can do now that his been given the ball to run with. everyone can cut a good shoot promo because they are saying what we wanna hear. u cannot compare punk to hogan. hogan is a freaken icon legend he made wrestling. all punk has done is well work for the wwe and hes not a draw. he should not have sour grapes one day if his career is great he will no doubt be in the list of all times greatest.

Asherdelampyr
09-03-2011, 06:47 PM

Im curious, why don't they?
Did Hogan not change the entire industry? Was Andre not one of the first truly international superstars who also helped to change the industry? Was Mick foley not a pioneer of the hardcore style?

Peter Kaymakcian
09-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Im curious, why don't they?
Did Hogan not change the entire industry? Was Andre not one of the first truly international superstars who also helped to change the industry? Was Mick foley not a pioneer of the hardcore style?

This is a list of the best wrestlers. WRESTLERS, not entertainers or freaks of nature which is what most of these guys were.

1.) And wasn't Hogan one of the contributing factors to the death of WCW

2.) Andre was just a giant and was terrible in the ring. If you switch Khali and Andre the Giant we would be praising Khali and hating Andre.

3.) Actually the pioneer of the hardcore style were the guys in Japan who Heyman saw and based ECW off of.

Nice try though.

Asherdelampyr
09-03-2011, 07:08 PM
This is a list of the best wrestlers. WRESTLERS, not entertainers or freaks of nature which is what most of these guys were.

2.) Andre was just a giant and was terrible in the ring. If you switch Khali and Andre the Giant we would be praising Khali and hating Andre.

3.) Actually the pioneer of the hardcore style were the guys in Japan who Heyman saw and based ECW off of.

Nice try though.

Andre was the first man his size to ever perform a dropkick, also his stuff in france and the UK showed him to be more agile than anyone that big should have ever been, it is a shame that his big days in WWF were also when his body was finally failing on him.

Hogan defined an entire era in wrestling, being part of killing one company doesn't take that away. I am not a fan of the guy, but that is just common sense

Mick Foley brought hardcore to the US and gave everything he had to wrestling. To this day he has some of the best hardcore matches there have ever been to his credit, including ones in Japan with Terry Funk

WWE uses Wrestler and Superstar to mean the same thing, and has for some time now. obviously they are looking at people who could tell a story in the ring, and make it their own.

replying to an honest question with sarcastic BS doesn't make you intelligent

liamsnowdon
09-03-2011, 07:21 PM
batista shouldnt be up there tbh

Asherdelampyr
09-03-2011, 07:23 PM
batista shouldnt be up there tbh

I agree, Batista was just another generic big guy, he brought nothing special to the table, and though he was decent at cutting a promo, he wasn't really stand-out

Automatic
09-05-2011, 02:12 PM

Nice try though.

It't not a list of the 50 best wrestlers. It's list of the 50 greatest Superstars. There's a big difference in that.

zrdt12
09-05-2011, 04:30 PM
HBK is only #1 if it's weighted more on wrestling ability. Just because he just gets inducted =#1? lol. Mysterio shouldn't even be on here. Orton should be higher even though I hate him... Jericho and Edge need to be much higher. How in the blue hell is Eddie and Rey both higher than HHH?