PDA

View Full Version : Eurosport IVE had enough

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 10:01 AM
This is going to sound like a rant but please read before you judge,

After a series of Articles from Eurosport ive finally had enough of their crap journalism and bias opinions. I mean the amount of facts they get wrong is unbelievable and their articles are opinion based rather then factually correct.

Dont get me wrong Paul Parker does an excellent job as do the pundits on the site who express there opinion i have no problem with that. But when they make Bullshit articles about stupid subjects it really FUCKS me off.

Over the past few weeks they have said a few moronic things i mean they compared Arsenal's first team to Man Citys reserves and made an opinion based arguement how player for player the Man City reserves were better and they were stating it like it was pure fact. The amount of comments they recieved from fans of almost everytime about how shite the article was is just unbelievable.

Now with there article up today ranking teams on how they have done in the transfer market they have really taken the cake. Im not mad about Arsenal receiving a C grade i mean they lost 2 world class players in the transfer market and have only really brought 1 world class player in return (Mertescaker). But when they give Man Untied a C when they have signed Young, Jones and the like is just really pure horse shite. Young was in my opinion the signing of the entire transfer window in all divisions. I mean he was cheap and he slots right into the Man Untied team and is truely world class). (Before you start JJ Barcelonas signings of Fab and Sanchez are 2nd and 3rd).

Then they have Liverpool at B or C i cant remember which and if you look at the signings they have this season they are now title contenders, they arent going to win it BUT they are going to do a significantly better job then they have done in the past.

They then continued to give Chelsea and Stoke and Tottenham an A????????

I mean who have Chelsea signed??? A young striker who wont play first team games and Raul who is a back up player????
Tottenham who were excellent last year in the transfer window only signed Scott Parker.

And as for Stoke they got a few bargins but they are also risks.

Can anyone recommend a site that has articles about Football that are fact based and also have articles from Pundits?

Sorry if this sounds like a rant but after i read that after a few pure shite articles i needed to vent

Steve Austin
09-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Those are the reasons I haven't used Eurosport for a while now. When I read articles I usually read SkySports or BBC. I like reading what all the SkySports pundits say and Mark Lawrensen and Alan Hansen on the BBC and they are really unbiased.

Chelsea and Spurs A??? I sort of understand Stoke because Crouch and Palacios are big signing for them so I'll give them that.

jordan1995
09-01-2011, 10:40 AM
i hate Allan sheerer on match of the day ..i fukin hate his receding hairline and i dont think ive herd a positive thing sed abowt Sunderland :/ bastard

Tomsta666
09-01-2011, 10:46 AM
i hate Allan sheerer on match of the day ..i fukin hate his receding hairline and i dont think ive herd a positive thing sed abowt Sunderland :/ bastard

A geordie with nothing positive to say about Sunderland. Who'd of thunk it eh?

jordan1995
09-01-2011, 10:53 AM

ana but when it his job he could be professional abowt it ? .. but i hate him to begin with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTrAuVDM9tE&NR=1

nice 10 sec clip :)

Juvenile Junkie
09-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Hey,atleast you guys have like 4 different sports broadcasters.Our only cable company runs the only major sports network,called SuperSport.Very biased,and practically just show whatever the big bosses want to see.heck their own sports presenters bash football leagues that they broadcast,i can't imagine that happening on Sky. ESPN only has 1 channel,excluding ESPN classic,Rai sport is only good for Serie A,so you guys have it pretty darm good with your Sky Sports,Eurosport,BBC,ITV,ESPN UK et al.

Man United a C? is this guy drunk? Crap,what would udinese and newcastle get?

Steve Austin
09-01-2011, 11:11 AM
In fairness I've heard him say positive things about Sunderland, he has to, its his job. Sorensen had a thing for saving Shearers pens, he did it again a few years later for Villa.

Steve Austin
09-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Hey,atleast you guys have like 4 different sports broadcasters.Our only cable company runs the only major sports network,called SuperSport.Very biased,and practically just show whatever the big bosses want to see.heck their own sports presenters bash football leagues that they broadcast,i can't imagine that happening on Sky. ESPN only has 1 channel,excluding ESPN classic,Rai sport is only good for Serie A,so you guys have it pretty darm good with your Sky Sports,Eurosport,BBC,ITV,ESPN UK et al.

Man United a C? is this guy drunk? Crap,what would udinese and newcastle get?

Is that why you're so biased then ;) I'm guessing Newcastle would get -Z if thats possible if not then -G or -U in English grading.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Is that why you're so biased then ;) I'm guessing Newcastle would get -Z if thats possible if not then -G or -U in English grading.

Yeah i can understand now.

Well Sky is amazing on TV because of how many differen pundits they have and the varey it week to week.

BBC is more internationals and Championship football.

I cant Stand ITV though shite commentary and very bias views. I love when Man U play in the champions league they get ex player like Gary Palister to give his opinion but when its Arsenal its normally an ex player from the foreign team that they are playing.

Plus Adrian Chiles is pure shite

Juvenile Junkie
09-01-2011, 11:39 AM

A geordie who speaks negatively about Sunderland,well Im shocked.Stunned.At a loss for words.

Juvenile Junkie
09-01-2011, 11:40 AM
what about ESPN UK??

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 11:46 AM
what about ESPN UK??

You have to pay alot extra for that and the commentry is rubbish. Its very much the bonus game channel and is no real value in buying it when you watch Match of the Day.

Juvenile Junkie
09-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Setanta Sports?

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Setanta Sports?

ESPN brought them thats why we now have ESPN

Steve Austin
09-01-2011, 12:03 PM
ESPN brought them thats why we now have ESPN

And now SkySports bought ESPN.

Juvenile Junkie
09-01-2011, 12:05 PM
wasn't there a channel 4 or 5 that showed football?

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:06 PM
And now SkySports bought ESPN.

LOL at this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If this is true its amazing but it has to be a bit OTT. I think they have a partnership. Sky could not afford ESPN its more likely ESPN brought SKU

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:07 PM

Channel 4 never has but hey show some foreign leagues at 3am

and Channel 5 does Europa League but again the commentry and punditry is pure shite

Steve Austin
09-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Channel 4 never has but hey show some foreign leagues at 3am

and Channel 5 does Europa League but again the commentry and punditry is pure shite

Stan Collymore is the worst commentator/pundit ever. He just talks about his Twitter and radio show the whole game, very annoying people even tweet him to stop haha.

Steve Austin
09-01-2011, 12:11 PM
LOL at this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If this is true its amazing but it has to be a bit OTT. I think they have a partnership. Sky could not afford ESPN its more likely ESPN brought SKU

Ah I wasn't sure I just saw them advertising each other and then a 5.30pm KO was on SkySports on a Saturday which is usually ESPN's games but maybe they just have a partnership and SkySports call the shots.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Ah I wasn't sure I just saw them advertising each other and then a 5.30pm KO was on SkySports on a Saturday which is usually ESPN's games but maybe they just have a partnership and SkySports call the shots.

ESPN is Americas main sports network they have like 6 or 7 channels.

Think Sky Sports America. You can see why i LOL'd id love it to be true but channel 5 has more chance of buying Sky.

Juvenile Junkie
09-01-2011, 12:15 PM
ESPN is Americas main sports network they have like 6 or 7 channels.

Think Sky Sports America. You can see why i LOL'd id love it to be true but channel 5 has more chance of buying Sky.

more than 6 or 7,they even have a channel dedicated to womans sports and 1 dedicated to college + school + youth sports.

VanHooliganX
09-01-2011, 12:18 PM
If it makes you feel any better I can't stand 95% of the commentators or analysts for the BBC.

I don't care what 70s, 80s and 90 stars have to say about QPR.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:21 PM
more than 6 or 7,they even have a channel dedicated to womans sports and 1 dedicated to college + school + youth sports.

yeah i know that but you get my point no need to be a smart arse

VanHooliganX
09-01-2011, 12:24 PM

I remember when they showed NBA, MLB and NHL
Now no-one but ESPN shows them :(

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:26 PM
I remember when they showed NBA, MLB and NHL
Now no-one but ESPN shows them :(

Well they paid the money for them

VanHooliganX
09-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Well they paid the money for them

They got conned with Ice Hockey though.

Some douche kept picking the Chicago BlackHawks' matches since channel 5 were given what they were got (as the host said when they recieved a stupid amount of complaints)

The big problem was, this was the year before Blackhawks won the stanley cup (I think anyway) and they finished bottom of the whole league.
Wasn't fun watching CBH get destroyed every week..

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:59 PM
They got conned with Ice Hockey though.

Some douche kept picking the Chicago BlackHawks' matches since channel 5 were given what they were got (as the host said when they recieved a stupid amount of complaints)

The big problem was, this was the year before Blackhawks won the stanley cup (I think anyway) and they finished bottom of the whole league.
Wasn't fun watching CBH get destroyed every week..

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_t7kn3XdWnnQ/TTe83iXZ2HI/AAAAAAAAAQo/0VtvlfKu2ps/s1600/i-want-you-to-speak-english_v106_400x.gif

Sorry m8 i know sweet f all about NHL. So that didnt make any sense to me

Juvenile Junkie
09-02-2011, 05:44 AM
So if I go to England,which broadcaster would I need for EPL,La Liga and Serie A?

What happened to that Greek Satellite thing that went on in the beginning of the year,with pubs using a Greek Satellite service to show live games @ a cheaper rate?

Steve Austin
09-02-2011, 06:22 AM
Skysports and ESPN for EPL
Skysports for La Liga
ESPN for Serie A

VanHooliganX
09-02-2011, 06:34 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_t7kn3XdWnnQ/TTe83iXZ2HI/AAAAAAAAAQo/0VtvlfKu2ps/s1600/i-want-you-to-speak-english_v106_400x.gif

Sorry m8 i know sweet f all about NHL. So that didnt make any sense to me

In easier words:

The live match England got per week was always Chicago Blackhawks, the worst team in NHL at the time. So the matches weren't always good...eventually they took it off channel 5.