PDA

View Full Version : The Prophet on TNA...Interesting

jhf1601
08-31-2011, 08:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psenNt08SxQ&NR=1

Its interesting to see how he has been proven right on a number of accounts. I seem to watch the show on perpetual fast forward as well. And lest I forget, my apologies if this is considered "old news", this is my first post.

JohnnyPhantom
08-31-2011, 09:45 PM
Wow, like ive heard on this site from a few other people.

YOU DONT CHOOSE WHEN YOU ARE BORN!!!

For someone to use that as there main arguement is horrid and downright ignorant. Hulk Hogan has always been one of my fav wrestlers but Cm Punk is totally right! How many people have we heard that have said that Hogan is always out for number one, he is willing to bury someone just to get himself over and at his age... he needs to be helping rather than hog the spotlight from people in TNA who deserve the attention.

And did he say he wasnt going to wrestle?? Uhmm... yeah, about that.

CobraNightviper
08-31-2011, 09:58 PM
What?????????????

Sony
09-01-2011, 02:30 AM
Wow, like ive heard on this site from a few other people.

YOU DONT CHOOSE WHEN YOU ARE BORN!!!

For someone to use that as there main arguement is horrid and downright ignorant. Hulk Hogan has always been one of my fav wrestlers but Cm Punk is totally right! How many people have we heard that have said that Hogan is always out for number one, he is willing to bury someone just to get himself over and at his age... he needs to be helping rather than hog the spotlight from people in TNA who deserve the attention.

And did he say he wasnt going to wrestle?? Uhmm... yeah, about that.

First off, I am by no means a Hulk Hogan fan, however, most wrestlers on top are in it for themselves. Bobby Heenan said it best during a shoot interview..."if your not in the business for the money, then you are an idiot". I keep hearing that Hogan buried wrestlers and never jobbed, but as I remember it he has jobbed plenty. He has jobbed for Sting, Luger, Warrior, piper, Angles, Rock, HHH, Brock, Taker, Goldberg, ect. Hell he even jobbed to Billy Kidman. Yeah people say he never loss in the WWF, but that was Vince's choosing because Hogan was his cash cow. If Vince wanted Hogan to job in his original WWF run, then he would have to....even if hogan didn't like it.

Hogan keeps getting bashed for "not jobbing", but when did Bret Hart or Shawn Micheals ever job as main eventers. Hell, Micheals was nitorious for refusing to job to others. Today, Cena and Orton apparently play plenty of backstage politics to keep their position in the company just like HHH did before, just like Micheals and bret did before that, and just like Hogan did before them. Hogan didn't lose because he was the most profitable star for Vince back in the day just like Cena is today. Hogan didn't hold guys like Curt Henning, Rick Rude, Jake the Snake, ect down, they just couldn't draw like Hogan could, therefore they were never heavyweight champions. I like guys liked Henning, Rude, jake, ect just as much as the next guy, but back in the late 80s, early 90s nobody was begging for them to be heavyweight champions. Its simple fact. Again, This is coming from a non Hulk Hogan Fan.

sincara
09-01-2011, 03:18 AM
clearley its punk

BlazersDozen
09-01-2011, 06:05 AM
First off, I am by no means a Hulk Hogan fan, however, most wrestlers on top are in it for themselves. Bobby Heenan said it best during a shoot interview..."if your not in the business for the money, then you are an idiot". I keep hearing that Hogan buried wrestlers and never jobbed, but as I remember it he has jobbed plenty. He has jobbed for Sting, Luger, Warrior, piper, Angles, Rock, HHH, Brock, Taker, Goldberg, ect. Hell he even jobbed to Billy Kidman. Yeah people say he never loss in the WWF, but that was Vince's choosing because Hogan was his cash cow. If Vince wanted Hogan to job in his original WWF run, then he would have to....even if hogan didn't like it.

Hogan keeps getting bashed for "not jobbing", but when did Bret Hart or Shawn Micheals ever job as main eventers. Hell, Micheals was nitorious for refusing to job to others. Today, Cena and Orton apparently play plenty of backstage politics to keep their position in the company just like HHH did before, just like Micheals and bret did before that, and just like Hogan did before them. Hogan didn't lose because he was the most profitable star for Vince back in the day just like Cena is today. Hogan didn't hold guys like Curt Henning, Rick Rude, Jake the Snake, ect down, they just couldn't draw like Hogan could, therefore they were never heavyweight champions. I like guys liked Henning, Rude, jake, ect just as much as the next guy, but back in the late 80s, early 90s nobody was begging for them to be heavyweight champions. Its simple fact. Again, This is coming from a non Hulk Hogan Fan.

I somewhat agree. Guys are in the business to get their money, but at the same time, this is a business where you have to have passion for it or you will not last. Since they have passion for it then they should help push younger guys to someday replace them cuz there will be a time where they won't be able to perform at a high level & they know that. I see guys not pushing young guys after they're well into the game as being insecure because they probably know they are on the decline of their careers & don't want to see that check get smaller. Now, Hogan is old as hell & still wouldn't job to ANY young guys or help out any young guys TODAY. The first person he's going to put over in TNA is going to be STING who is in his FIFTIES.

Basically, I see no problem with guys not putting other guys over when they are in their prime but when they are 10 years deep then suck it up & do it for the future of the business. Cena & Orton have a couple more years until I put them into that catagory. Mostly Orton who got majorly put over by Triple H when he was still a HUGE heel. That's why I respect Triple H. He put over young guys when he was still HUGE in the early milenium
. Shelton Benjamin, Batista, Orton & others.

monctonvike
09-01-2011, 07:11 AM

There is a key here for Hogan micheals,HHH ,cena ect ect and thats Vince. He signs off on everything! Super Cena for example that is just as much,if not more Vince then it is Cena. I don't know about you, but I don't see anyone bullying Vince. I don't understand why people never blame Vince and just blame the wrestlers

Hogan and Vince were on of the greatest tag teams of all time, they basically built titan towers together. Neither did it on there own, and both were surrounded amazing talent both in the ring and behind the scenes. Hogan and Vince although they don't talk would still to this day do anything for the other, even if they fight like brothers.

There was a story I read in one of Kamala's shoots were hogan wanted to put him over on a house show and win the belt back the next night in the next town. He fought for 3 hours with the then president of the wwf, they were not gonna let Hogan loose to kamala for some politically incorrect reasons. This is an instance where it wasn't Vince's fault as he didn't do the house shows. Any way I got off course, The point in all this is, that Vince isn't some mindless twit that gets bullied by his wrestlers. WcW let the inmates run the asylum, and it didn't last long before it went to hell. WWE wouldn't be what it is today if it ran that way. Vince is the alpha and omega of all things that happens in wwe. Don't like something start with Vince!

jordan1995
09-01-2011, 07:15 AM
hulk hogan uses the Madison square garden and diaper joke lot these days ... surprised he didn't say cum back when u have slammed a giant :/ ...hogan u fucking suck ..punk is obviously right

Y2J___Y2J
09-01-2011, 12:02 PM
I feel Punk is right tbh,

But either way its...
Punk - IWC's poster boy
vs
Hogan - Only guy hated on the same level as Cena & Russo