PDA

View Full Version : Does the tag division matter yet?

HCollins-TNA1
08-31-2011, 08:03 PM
With Kofi Kingston and Evan Borne tag champs does the tag division matter??
They successfully defended the belts against Ottunga and McGillcutty... Is they going be featured weekly...

Lawler is being told in his ear set/mic.. to trash O&M while it the WWE fault they hardly had any competition.... Come on WWE you drop the ball..... In my opinion the tag team division will be harder to fix then the WWE thinks....

Reichwulf
08-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Not yet, but soon hopefully. I always loved the tag division and was pretty disappointed that the wwe got away from it like they did. But i for one am glad they are looking to resurrect it.

edit:

R truth & the miz is a possible future tag team or at-least it was being hinted.

Don't forget you have rikishi's sons too.

Also they are in the attempts of recruiting new tag teams, but i think they need to use their under used talent and make them into tag teams myself.

maar13
08-31-2011, 08:17 PM
I think It doesn't yet, but like Reichwulf said, hopefully it will, and with the rumors about the Miz and Truth, this can only get better, The Usos have been getting good and their entrance is cool, if the KOW enter the scene it all can get very interesting.

HCollins-TNA1
08-31-2011, 08:34 PM
First off.... yeah I like the R-Truth and Miz alliance from what I seeing... The Uso's is pretty good, if only they get any time on TV... also would and can't wait to see the Kings of Wrestling....
But the WWE has a long way to go to rebuild the division even with the 3 or 4 teams mentioned..

evilgenius780
08-31-2011, 08:37 PM
I miss the glory days of the Tag Team Championships, and I hope they plan to rebuild it, but building up enough tag teams to make it a great division again will take some time.

Y2J___Y2J
08-31-2011, 08:56 PM
There's probably gonna be an angle with Lawler vs Otunga or Hennig or something.
Tag division will rise to prominence again in a while

Reichwulf
08-31-2011, 08:56 PM
Yea i loved the glory days of tag team wrestling back when the dudley boyz, hardys, rock n sock em connection, scotty 2 hotty & 2 cool were all around. To be honest the wwe had it really good tag team wise, they just never continued to build on it, and when all of the fantastic tag team workers started to move on, they just didn't build on to it.

I still remember the wrestemania with the triple tag team tlc match with the tables all stacked on top of each other :D super epic.

wrestlingfan66513
08-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Is it me or are they trying to turn O & M into the next World's greatest tag team. They have McGillcutty wearing a Haas style headband and are making Otunga leader and act like a heel Benjamin

HCollins-TNA1
08-31-2011, 09:09 PM
the late 80s and 90s was the days
The Bushwackers, Rockers, Demolition, Powers of Pain, Orient Express, Money Inc, Natural Disasters, LOD, Nasty Boys, the Samoans, the Steniers, the onoccasion jobber tag team of Barry Horietex and Brooklyn Brawler or etc.., and etc..
But the late 90s and 2000s was good too
with New Age Outlaws, Hardys, APA, LOD, Dudleys, the JOB Squad, Too Cool, E&C, and etc...

HCollins-TNA1
08-31-2011, 09:11 PM
Is it me or are they trying to turn O & M into the next World's greatest tag team. They have McGillcutty wearing a Haas style headband and are making Otunga leader and act like a heel Benjamin

Funny how WWE every once in a while you can find guys or teams similar to the past stars....
Almost like Kofi and Evan is like London and Kendrick.....

ISTILLCALLITWWF
08-31-2011, 10:27 PM
When the kings of wrestling arrive. Shit will go down.

HCollins-TNA1
08-31-2011, 10:34 PM
When the kings of wrestling arrive. Shit will go down.

We can and could hope......

Ren 13
09-01-2011, 12:30 AM
British Bulldogs, Hart Foundation, Rockers, Demolition, Islanders, and even the Killer B's, Conquistadors and others of that era... best tag team wrestling ever.

Tag team wrestling keeps more people working and gives you fresh match-ups.

Peter Kaymakcian
09-01-2011, 12:33 AM
There used to be a time where being a tag champion actually meant something. I hope they rebuild the tag team division. I think older guys like Kane, Big Show, Mark Henry, and so on would be better used on the tag team scene.

TwoTone
09-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Two things.
1. Everyone week when KOW dont show up I am saddened.
2. God I hate those belts. They look like they came out of a goddamn vending machine for a dollar

sincara
09-01-2011, 03:10 AM
wwe needs a few more tag teams than
airboom o&m usos miz+truth
bring in kings of wrestling soon and sign gen me
then build up a few tag teams like maybe yoshi+baretta slater+kidd hawkins+ reks jtg+primo

Chavo.G
09-01-2011, 03:24 AM

They remind me more of a heel Too Cool with their look and style.

zrdt12
09-01-2011, 04:03 PM
I think the perfect tag team is Christian + Tyson Kidd, make it happen 'E! Perfect semi-push for Kidd and can make me think more of Christian than lose to superman at least once a month.

Murphdogg4
09-01-2011, 04:08 PM
it seems to me like the E thinks just talking about the tag team being important is going to make it important, it's going to take more then some hodge podge teams to do so, they are going to have to sign some established tag teams from outside of the WWE universe and then actually book the tag team divison in a old school way to make it work. I don't see this happening, Shane Mccmahon once said back when the WWE had some hot tag teams like the Hardy Boys, EDge and Christian and the Duddley that "There hasn't been a important tag team since the Road Warriors".

Tay Moran
09-01-2011, 04:11 PM
KOW wont do shit for the tag division. Its just going to make thier fan boys happy, because their still not going to have anyone to face off against.
The wwe needs to hire 4-5 more tag teams along with KOW to even have a chance to revive the tag division

Murphdogg4
09-01-2011, 04:14 PM
KOW wont do shit for the tag division. Its just going to make thier fan boys happy, because their still not going to have anyone to face off against.
The wwe needs to hire 4-5 more tag teams along with KOW to even have a chance to revive the tag division

wish these threads had like button for this post

evilgenius780
09-01-2011, 06:12 PM
I honestly don't know who the Kings of Wrestling are. I know Jerry "The King" Lawley, King Mabel, King Haku, King Booka!, this is as far as my knowledge on wrestling royalty goes (though I am sure I missed many)

RagingBallsFTW
09-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Not much, yet. They need to build good feuds with a few teams and then it'll make the division interesting again.

HCollins-TNA1
09-01-2011, 11:01 PM

Agree to a point.... WWE needs at least 5or 6 teams maybe 7 tag teams... 3 for each brand... but what the point WWE will just break one up have one guy go on to greatness the other jobbing out on Superstars or NXT each week...

HCollins-TNA1
09-01-2011, 11:02 PM
wish these threads had like button for this post
Agree........