PDA

View Full Version : Premier League Transfer Deadline Day Results

Subject Zero
08-31-2011, 06:06 PM
PREMIER LEAGUE

Owen Hargreaves (Manchester City, free)

Joe Cole (Liverpool to Lille, season loan)

Craig Bellamy (Manchester City to Liverpool, undisclosed)

Ulises Davila (Chelsea to Vitesse Arnhem, season loan)

Scott Parker (West Ham to Tottenham Hotspur, £8m)

Mikel Arteta (Everton to Arsenal, undisclosed)

Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea to Arsenal, loan)

Andre Santos (Fenerbahce to Arsenal, £6.2m)

Per Mertesacker (Werder Bremen to Arsenal, undisclosed)

Nicklas Bendtner (Arsenal to Sunderland, loan)

Gilles Sunu (Arsenal to Lorient, undisclosed)

Joel Campbell (Arsenal to Lorient, loan)

Christian Poulsen (Liverpool to Evian, undisclosed)

Villyan Bijev (California Odyssey to Liverpool, to Fortuna Dusseldorf on loan)

David Davis (Wolves to Inverness CT, loan)

Tommaso Trani (AC Milan to QPR, free)

John Guidetti (Manchester City to Feyenoord, loan)

Joel Campbell (Arsenal to Lorient, loan)

Zdenek Grygera (Juventus to Fulham, free)

Shaun Maloney (Celtic to Wigan, £1m)

Patrick van Aanholt (Chelsea to Wigan, loan)

David Ngog (Liverpool to Bolton, undisclosed)

Philipp Degen (Liverpool, released)

Gael Kakuta (Chelsea to Bolton, loan)

Cody McDonald (Norwich to Colchester, undisclosed)

Ryan McGivern (Manchester City to Bristol City, loan)

Wilson Palacios (Tottenham to Stoke, undisclosed)

Scott Dann (Birmingham City to Blackburn, undisclosed)

Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City to QPR, undisclosed)

Cameron Jerome (Birmingham City to Stoke, undisclosed)

Alan Hutton (Tottenham to Aston Villa, undisclosed)

Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham to Aston Villa, undisclosed)

There might be a few more to add by morning.

Plus i know the Italian league has had a few big name signings so if anyone knows any from abroad please post

Steve Austin
08-31-2011, 06:13 PM
Lugano - Fenerbahce to PSG
Elia - Hamburg to Juventus
Forlan - AT Madird to Inter
Zarate - Lazio to Inter
Kjaer - Wolfsburg to Roma
Hleb - Barcelona to Wolfsburg
Gago - Madrid to Roma
Floccari Lazio to Parma
lliceiv- Kaiserslautern to Hamburg
Diego - Wolfsburg to AT Madrid
Carraciolli - Brescia to Genoa
Bradley - Monchengladback to Cheivo
Pjanic - Lyon to Roma
Oddo - Milan to Lecce
Bulykin - Anderlecht to Ajax
Briggi and Cigarini to Atalanta
Nocerino - Palermo to Milan
Pedro Leon - Madrid to Espanyol

There's a few foreign ones for ya ;) I love deadline day, its probably my favourite day of the year (on a par with Christmas)

I'm a bit disappointed that Meireles left but I'm pleased with the Bellamy signing. Arsenals must be happy though, especially the Artete signing.

Subject Zero
08-31-2011, 06:16 PM
Yeah Meriales caught me off guard. But i LOLed when i heard someone(Alan Curbishly i believe) say that Bellamy couldnt get into the Liverpool team the guy is an excellent player and can play striker or wing.

I mean you sold Ngog and Bellamy is a suitable replacement plus hes use to the style Liverpool play.

Steve Austin
08-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah Meriales caught me off guard. But i LOLed when i heard someone(Alan Curbishly i believe) say that Bellamy couldnt get into the Liverpool team the guy is an excellent player and can play striker or wing.

I mean you sold Ngog and Bellamy is a suitable replacement plus hes use to the style Liverpool play.

Oh yeah, he will get in the team he was signed as back up but will start games. No one can play every game and I thought once Bellamy signed we had a complete squad with Coates aswell but when Meireles left it now seems like a void needs to be filled, maybe it will be fine when Gerrard comes back, I hope he does well though he had a great second half of the season. Its seem like Chelsea are just buying Liverpool's players who score against them, Torres, Benayoun, Meireles....I hope Suarez doesn't score against them ;) What team do you support?

Subject Zero
08-31-2011, 06:29 PM
Oh yeah, he will get in the team he was signed as back up but will start games. No one can play every game and I thought once Bellamy signed we had a complete squad with Coates aswell but when Meireles left it now seems like a void needs to be filled, maybe it will be fine when Gerrard comes back, I hope he does well though he had a great second half of the season. Its seem like Chelsea are just buying Liverpool's players who score against them, Torres, Benayoun, Meireles....I hope Suarez doesn't score against them ;) What team do you support?

Did you hear that Andy Carroll story around 8pm that was unreal and turned out to be unreal.

But yeah Liverpool look good this year i can see them finishing either 2nd or 3rd depending if City lose it or not.

Steve Austin
08-31-2011, 06:35 PM
Did you hear that Andy Carroll story around 8pm that was unreal and turned out to be unreal.

But yeah Liverpool look good this year i can see them finishing either 2nd or 3rd depending if City lose it or not.

Yeah they do and I'm keeping my feet on the ground and just hoping to get top 4, it doesn't look like anyone other than Man Utd will win the league so you're probably right. We'll have to wait for a few games to see how Arsenal get on and if their new signings work.

Subject Zero
08-31-2011, 06:37 PM
2 attacking midfielders, a striker and 2 defenders were what they needed. Plus they are all over 25 so adds some experience to the team. Still shame at no big money signings.

Its Chelsea i dont think will do much this season i mean how much longer will Torres keep his place if he still isnt scoring

Steve Austin
08-31-2011, 06:42 PM
2 attacking midfielders, a striker and 2 defenders were what they needed. Plus they are all over 25 so adds some experience to the team. Still shame at no big money signings.

Its Chelsea i dont think will do much this season i mean how much longer will Torres keep his place if he still isnt scoring

Yeah, I have Torres in my SkySports dream team and I can't change it because you only get one monthly transfer :( Eventhough I don't really like Arsenal I hope they get top for over Chelsea but I do want Meireles to do well even though he handed in a transfer request Liverpool tried selling him earlier in the summer and he's not in the first team plans.

Subject Zero
08-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Yeah its a odd signing for chelsea but the african nations are coming up and id imagine Arsenal would of signed Benyuon on loan other wise but hes a back up player surely?

Gotta love Jack Wilshire though i was getting transfer up dates through Eurobot and the stuff he was saying. That guy is such an Arsenal fan

Steve Austin
08-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Yeah its a odd signing for chelsea but the african nations are coming up and id imagine Arsenal would of signed Benyuon on loan other wise but hes a back up player surely?

Gotta love Jack Wilshire though i was getting transfer up dates through Eurobot and the stuff he was saying. That guy is such an Arsenal fan

Yeah good call. I didn't really like Wilshire around a year ago but he has grown on me and he is a quality player, I like players like that who love football and would play for free, like Carragher, Messi and Rooney. It was funny last year on Twitter he said "BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS, I've moved from my sofa to my bed" Haha. I reckon one of the reason Wenger finally let Fabregas go was because of how good Wilshire is and even Ramsey.

Subject Zero
08-31-2011, 06:57 PM
i dont rate Ramsay at all. Hes ok going forward but his defensive awareness and tackling are AWFUL.

Yeah Wilshire was like Arteta deal BACK ON hes signing for us.

About an hour before Arsenal announced the talks had started again. The guy loves the fans and the fans love him.

And yeah Carragher has been one who ive always liked. I prefer him too Terry and Rio any day of the week. Same his England career ended the way it did. Any money if he was playing for Man U at the time he would of been one of the first names on the England Team list.

Steve Austin
08-31-2011, 07:05 PM
i dont rate Ramsay at all. Hes ok going forward but his defensive awareness and tackling are AWFUL.

Yeah Wilshire was like Arteta deal BACK ON hes signing for us.

About an hour before Arsenal announced the talks had started again. The guy loves the fans and the fans love him.

And yeah Carragher has been one who ive always liked. I prefer him too Terry and Rio any day of the week. Same his England career ended the way it did. Any money if he was playing for Man U at the time he would of been one of the first names on the England Team list.

Ah really? I haven't seem him much since his injury but I've always liked him. Yeah its good Arsenal fans have a player who is also a fan like them, a player they can relate to, they haven't had that for a while. I thought the Arteta one wasn't gonna happen when it broke down. I'm glad it did, he deserves his big club chance. I'm putting Carragher not being main man for England down to a few reasons:

- He's older than Ferdinand and Terrry.
- Houllier was playing him right-back for so long England managers didn't see him as a main centre back.
- Once Rafa came in to Liverpool and finally put him centre back (where he has been brilliant ever since) Ferdinand and Terry already had a great partnership for England.
- England didn't want to change the formula of Terry and Ferdinand as Man Utd and Chelsea were the teams battling for the league and Liverpool were coming 3rd/4th.

Subject Zero
08-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Plus hes Slower then Rio and Terry was cap.

Yeah Arteta was suppose to be very sort out after until he got injured. I havent really seen him play alot when Everton normally play Cahill steals the show

VanHooliganX
08-31-2011, 10:35 PM
Shaun Wright-Phillips...to QPR...

Wow...

Juvenile Junkie
09-01-2011, 01:08 AM
Lugano - Fenerbahce to PSG
Elia - Hamburg to Juventus
Forlan - AT Madird to Inter
Zarate - Lazio to Inter
Kjaer - Wolfsburg to Roma
Hleb - Barcelona to Wolfsburg
Gago - Madrid to Roma
Floccari Lazio to Parma
lliceiv- Kaiserslautern to Hamburg
Diego - Wolfsburg to AT Madrid
Carraciolli - Brescia to Genoa
Bradley - Monchengladback to Cheivo
Pjanic - Lyon to Roma
Oddo - Milan to Lecce
Bulykin - Anderlecht to Ajax
Briggi and Cigarini to Atalanta
Nocerino - Palermo to Milan
Pedro Leon - Madrid to Espanyol

There's a few foreign ones for ya ;) I love deadline day, its probably my favourite day of the year (on a par with Christmas)

I'm a bit disappointed that Meireles left but I'm pleased with the Bellamy signing. Arsenals must be happy though, especially the Artete signing.

Mauro Zarate,Mirolam Pjanic,Eljero Elia and Alberto Noccerino the picks for me.Such a pity that with their current squads Liverpool,Roma,Juventus are not in UCL or even the UEL(not that anyone wants to be)

Mereiles looks dicey,tapping up?? It happened so quickly.

did anybody see that weird looking kid at The Emirates Stadium last night on SKy SPorts News?

Juvenile Junkie
09-01-2011, 01:13 AM
I hope Joe Cole paves the way for many top English players who go play for big clubs overseas and play in big derbies,big title deciders,cup finals and European competitions than settle for mediocrity in mid-table EPL clubs.For me,Crouch and Jenas could do a lot better than Stoke and Villa,with all due respect to both clubs.

Jenas @ Valencia,just a thought

Juvenile Junkie
09-01-2011, 01:14 AM
If Arteta was that good,Malaga,Sevilla,Atletico Madrid,Villarreal,Real,Barca and Valencia would have been going after him,just a thought..........

Steve Austin
09-01-2011, 06:03 AM
[QUOTE=Juvenile Junkie;241400]Mauro Zarate,Mirolam Pjanic,Eljero Elia and Alberto Noccerino the picks for me.Such a pity that with their current squads Liverpool,Roma,Juventus are not in UCL or even the UEL(not that anyone wants to be)

did anybody see that weird looking kid at The Emirates Stadium last night on SKy SPorts News?QUOTE]

Which one? Haha. I thought that about Meireles, he had 25 mins and Chelsea probly told him to hand in the trasfer request so they could get him.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 06:08 AM
If Arteta was that good,Malaga,Sevilla,Atletico Madrid,Villarreal,Real,Barca and Valencia would have been going after him,just a thought..........

They did try to sign him a few years ago then he became injured. Then Real Madrid signed all those mid fielders and dont need any more. Malaga same reason look and who they have signed they went for big names. Barcelona teams is mainly Catalonian's or south american players they brought at 12 years old.

I mean to even say that with Barca proves how much of a dick you are.

Please if you dont know about a player dont talk about it.

jordan1995
09-01-2011, 07:19 AM
i think QPR have had a great transfer window..dissapointed to see Ferdinand leave us but happy that we got bentner on lone .....and did any body hear the story about steed malbranque retiring at half time in his first game Hahahaha

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 07:35 AM
happy that we got bentner

5 words in a row id never thought id ever see

Juvenile Junkie
09-01-2011, 07:36 AM
[QUOTE=Juvenile Junkie;241400]Mauro Zarate,Mirolam Pjanic,Eljero Elia and Alberto Noccerino the picks for me.Such a pity that with their current squads Liverpool,Roma,Juventus are not in UCL or even the UEL(not that anyone wants to be)

did anybody see that weird looking kid at The Emirates Stadium last night on SKy SPorts News?QUOTE]

Which one? Haha. I thought that about Meireles, he had 25 mins and Chelsea probly told him to hand in the trasfer request so they could get him.

The bald one with those weird eyes.

Nah,this Mereiles thing is very strange,if all deals could happen that quick and that easily than niclas Anelka would be considered a loyal player

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 08:05 AM
[QUOTE=Steve Austin;241490]

The bald one with those weird eyes.

Nah,this Mereiles thing is very strange,if all deals could happen that quick and that easily than niclas Anelka would be considered a loyal player

More then likely he had a medical behind Liverpools back earlier in the day. Thats the only logical reason i can come up with.

The Premier League is weird with transfers what we hear on the TV, Radio or read online is normally what is leaked or announced by the club. I hate to think how many offers for players both Tottenham and Arsenal made these last few days but never came forward as to who they were.

I mean we Arsenal fans are kinda lucky as we have Wilshere who announces when we have signed players a good few hours before the club does

Steve Austin
09-01-2011, 08:09 AM
[QUOTE=Juvenile Junkie;241521]

More then likely he had a medical behind Liverpools back earlier in the day. Thats the only logical reason i can come up with.

The Premier League is weird with transfers what we hear on the TV, Radio or read online is normally what is leaked or announced by the club. I hate to think how many offers for players both Tottenham and Arsenal made these last few days but never came forward as to who they were.

I mean we Arsenal fans are kinda lucky as we have Wilshere who announces when we have signed players a good few hours before the club does

Yeah you're probably right. I just wish Liverpool kept either Meireles or Aquilani, even though we have a lot of midfielders it just seems like without one of them we are slighly just off a great squad.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 08:11 AM
[QUOTE=Eve's Arse No.1;241533]

Yeah you're probably right. I just wish Liverpool kept either Meireles or Aquilani, even though we have a lot of midfielders it just seems like without one of them we are slighly just off a great squad.

Aquillani was a weird Liverpool player to begin with i mean he took him forever to start and when he did and didnt automatically become world class the club turned on him.

It was a very hard time to join Liverpool and alot of people judged him to quickly. He was destined to leave as soon as he arrived. But with Charlie Adam playing the way he is you do really need Raul or Aquillani

Steve Austin
09-01-2011, 08:20 AM
[QUOTE=Steve Austin;241535]

Aquillani was a weird Liverpool player to begin with i mean he took him forever to start and when he did and didnt automatically become world class the club turned on him.

It was a very hard time to join Liverpool and alot of people judged him to quickly. He was destined to leave as soon as he arrived. But with Charlie Adam playing the way he is you do really need Raul or Aquillani

Yeah, I was always a huge fan of his and still am. I'm sort of glad he left so he can play first team football but he will be missed. If KD had signed him instead of Rafa I think he would of been much better the same with a lot of other players like Babel, Rafa didnt give them a chance and especially Aquilani, he got fit played really well and got Man of The Match a few times but then Rafa would leave him out, very annoying and he never had a chance to settle. I know what you mean and I'm so glad Liverpool got Adam and Spurs didn't on deadline day last year, I also know alot of Man Utd fans who wish they got Adam, he is a quality player and only 25. If Liverpool keep playing like this and with Gerrard coming back we probably won't need Meireles or Aquilani, it was just nice after all the crap left (Degen, Poulsen and others) we had a real quality squad and with the additions of Bellamy and Coates it looked title contenders good.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I was always a huge fan of his and still am. I'm sort of glad he left so he can play first team football but he will be missed. If KD had signed him instead of Rafa I think he would of been much better the same with a lot of other players like Babel, Rafa didnt give them a chance and especially Aquilani, he got fit played really well and got Man of The Match a few times but then Rafa would leave him out, very annoying and he never had a chance to settle. I know what you mean and I'm so glad Liverpool got Adam and Spurs didn't on deadline day last year, I also know alot of Man Utd fans who wish they got Adam, he is a quality player and only 25. If Liverpool keep playing like this and with Gerrard coming back we probably won't need Meireles or Aquilani, it was just nice after all the crap left (Degen, Poulsen and others) we had a real quality squad and with the additions of Bellamy and Coates it looked title contenders good.

Not too sure id say Title contenders think this league as in winner wise is about as predictable as La Ligas winner

Juvenile Junkie
09-01-2011, 11:10 AM
wow,the whole day everyone has had their theories on Raul Mereiles transfer.If he had a medical behind LFC's back,how is this different from Cashley Cole?

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 11:24 AM
wow,the whole day everyone has had their theories on Raul Mereiles transfer.If he had a medical behind LFC's back,how is this different from Cashley Cole?

More then likely Chelsea are very under handed with transfers look at your example Cashley Cole and Mikell

Juvenile Junkie
09-01-2011, 11:29 AM
More then likely Chelsea are very under handed with transfers look at your example Cashley Cole and Mikell

but Cashley Cole had an enquiry,this,for the moment,seems as normal as any other transfer.Secondly,there is no or very little to this PORTO link between Raul meireles and Andre Villas Boas.AVB only coached Porto for the 1 season Mereiles was at Liverpool.

Juvenile Junkie
09-01-2011, 11:30 AM

Gale Kakuta

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Gale Kakuta

Exactly thats why the had the transfer ban on them but then it was suspended then it was removed all together. I was pissed off by this but then again in Italy Juventus were meant to be relegated twice but instead were just relegated and given a points deduction.

I really hate it when they put a ruling in place then change it.

Juvenile Junkie
09-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Exactly thats why the had the transfer ban on them but then it was suspended then it was removed all together. I was pissed off by this but then again in Italy Juventus were meant to be relegated twice but instead were just relegated and given a points deduction.

I really hate it when they put a ruling in place then change it.

yep,its double standards,Roma had a transfer ban some time between 2000 - 2005,not sure which season exactly,Roma's transfer ban stuck,and they missed out on UCL that season.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:14 PM
yep,its double standards,Roma had a transfer ban some time between 2000 - 2005,not sure which season exactly,Roma's transfer ban stuck,and they missed out on UCL that season.

Yeah it depends on the team i feel. Barca, Madrid, Man U, Inter and Chelsea are untouchable

Juvenile Junkie
09-02-2011, 04:54 AM
Yeah it depends on the team i feel. Barca, Madrid, Man U, Inter and Chelsea are untouchable

and Man City. Why did Inter sell Eto'o to comply with Financial Fair Play when Man City spend,spend and spend.Thats another rule that will have its get arounds