PDA

View Full Version : Anime: Your Fav and Most Hated

Subject Zero
08-31-2011, 05:35 PM
I know we already have an Anime Thread but thought it would be nice to have a separate thread for members to say there favorite Anime and there worst Anime. Please no spoilers and give a brief description as to what its about.

My Fav The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_816893&hd=1&v=WrMwo8PbjoE

The story follows the title character Haruhi Suzumiya, a high school girl who can unconsciously change reality, and her strange antics with her school club, the SOS Brigade, which she founded to investigate mysterious events. Haruhi forcibly drafts her cynical classmate Kyon, who narrates the series, and similarly recruits three additional members into her club: the silent bibliophile Yuki Nagato, the shy and timid Mikuru Asahina, and the friendly "mysterious exchange student" Itsuki Koizumi. These members soon reveal themselves to Kyon as the extraordinary characters Haruhi is seeking, sent by their various organizations to observe her and hold her reality warping powers in check by maintaining the illusion of a normal life.

My Most Hated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-anabfAg06U

Maybe it was over my head. Its the director of Paprika and i really enjoyed the first 5 episodes but then it seemed to completely lose the plot. Its not that i think its the worst out there more i was so disappointed with this series it turned into hate.

Necroyeti
08-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Top 10 Films:
10. Belladonna of Sadness
9. The Cat Returns
8. End of Evangelion
7. Grave of the Fireflies
6. Paprika
5. My Neighbor Totoro
4. Mind Game
3. Ghost in the Shell
2. Perfect Blue
1. Princess Mononoke

Top 5 series: (I don't watch tons of them though)
5. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
4. Azumanga Daioh
3. Excel Saga
2. Neon Genesis Evangelion (I actually prefer the original ending)
1. FLCL

I don't think I've ever really seen any totally shitty anime like, ever... I've stuck to the popular canon for the most part. But my least favourites would probably be the following: (no order)
Ai Yori Aoshi (sort of a Love Hina ripoff)
Appleseed
Trigun
Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
Tekken
Arc the Lad
Sailor Moon
Gundam Wing (never interested me tbh)
Fist of the North Star
The Animatrix
Ranma 1/2 (Manga rules, anime kinda sucks)

Subject Zero
08-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Yeah Fist of the North star is very overated and the Gundam Wing ones there are soo many different ones if you choose a crap one to watch first it puts you off the series for good like it did me.

Thanks for the warning about Trigun was tempted to buy it buts its like £27 and if its not that great id rather buy something better

VanHooliganX
08-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Don't think I can ever have a favourite. I like Naruto and One Piece currently. Loved DBZ, Major, FMA and Death Note when they were on so all these are contenders.

As for worst (And I know i'll get some hatred for calling this the worst)
Bleach.
Why? We don't have a good history together, I go through spells were I enjoy this but then it hits the wall and I got months nearly years without touching this again because i'm not motivated enough to watch it. I can see why its so big but not my cup of tea and I doubt i'll finish it. I know there are worse animes out there, but I am very picky with what I start to watch.

IrkenInvader
08-31-2011, 11:04 PM
Fav: My little Pony.
Most hated: Dragon GenitaliaZ.

VanHooliganX
08-31-2011, 11:57 PM
Fav: My little Pony.
Most hated: Dragon GenitaliaZ.

I took you for more of a Powerpuff Girl Z boy actually.

Dameduse823
09-01-2011, 12:17 AM
My Most Hated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-anabfAg06U

Maybe it was over my head. Its the director of Paprika and i really enjoyed the first 5 episodes but then it seemed to completely lose the plot. Its not that i think its the worst out there more i was so disappointed with this series it turned into hate.

Ahh come on, how can you hate paranoia agent? That was the funniest fucking anime I've ever seen

I have a few favorite anime but I'll only list the top 5
1. Yu yu hakusho - Aside from dbz maybe the greatest anime that has ever been created
2. Yugioh - Bite me it was good and you know it
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. Trigun
5. Gundam Wing/G Gundam

Subject Zero
09-01-2011, 05:52 AM
Ahh come on, how can you hate paranoia agent? That was the funniest fucking anime I've ever seen

Because compared to Paprika its pure shite.

Tomsta666
09-01-2011, 06:02 AM
I'm not really an anime fan at all. But my favourite anime film has to be Street Fighter II the animated movie. Which is BY FAR the single most greatest video game>movie adaptation in history. The last anime series I watched was Panty, Stocking with Garterbelt which was pure shite!

Reichwulf
09-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Not that big in anime anymore but my fav has to be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoQuu7GPxAI

most hated would probably be naruto it just ran so long it got dull and boring