PDA

View Full Version : Why Ryder?

Dude573
08-31-2011, 04:10 PM
I don't want to insult anyone on this website and go and say Zack Ryder is shit, because that appears to be like a crime out here, but I will inquire about his attention. The big question is, why Ryder!? Us fans always presume that we can see the bright side of talent that the WWE themselves fail to ever notice, but if that's the case, then why is Zack Ryder the one we continuously cheer for a push?

When I look at all the jobbers in the WWE, Zack Ryder doesn't stand out as the best for me. I mean, he isn't as technical as Primo Colon or Tyson Kid, he can't express himself as good as Drew McIntyre, Tyler Reks or Yoshi Tatsu can, but most of all, he isn't as good a wrestler then his former partner Curt Hawkins or Trent Barretta.

I don't hate or dislike Zack Ryder, but I think people love the gimmick rather then the man, its more humor based than wrestling ability. If anyone should be getting a push from being a jobber then I feel it should be Drew McIntyre. During the Elimination Chamber, he raised his game so high and showed so much promise in his feuds with Kofi Kingston.

Zack Ryder isn't the best wrestler in the company, let a lone the best jobber, but why do we treat him like his is?

Tommy Thunder
08-31-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't want to insult anyone on this website and go and say Zack Ryder is shit, because that appears to be like a crime out here, but I will inquire about his attention. The big question is, why Ryder!? Us fans always presume that we can see the bright side of talent that the WWE themselves fail to ever notice, but if that's the case, then why is Zack Ryder the one we continuously cheer for a push?

When I look at all the jobbers in the WWE, Zack Ryder doesn't stand out as the best for me. I mean, he isn't as technical as Primo Colon or Tyson Kid, he can't express himself as good as Drew McIntyre, Tyler Reks or Yoshi Tatsu can, but most of all, he isn't as good a wrestler then his former partner Curt Hawkins or Trent Barretta.

I don't hate or dislike Zack Ryder, but I think people love the gimmick rather then the man, its more humor based than wrestling ability. If anyone should be getting a push from being a jobber then I feel it should be Drew McIntyre. During the Elimination Chamber, he raised his game so high and showed so much promise in his feuds with Kofi Kingston.

Zack Ryder isn't the best wrestler in the company, let a lone the best jobber, but why do we treat him like his is?

Drew McIntyre I agree with, but at what point has Tyler Reks or Yoshi Tatsu ever expressed themselves well?! Let alone as good as Ryder!! Ryder is charismatic. He's good in the ring, and he's good with a mic in his hand.

I agree that out of the Superstars roster, McIntyre is the one that need to break out of there, but Ryder and Barrett for that matter are also deserving of a push.

FLWWEFan
08-31-2011, 04:21 PM
Ryder is great on the mic and has shown that he is capable of putting on a good match as well. Two must have qualities if you ask me to be successful in this business even though some have one but not the other and have made it big.

HeelTurn
08-31-2011, 04:23 PM
I think one of the things about Ryder is, that hes damn entertaining, and despite being left off tv for months, he didnt bitch and moan, he made an amusing youtube series to try and get himself over.

Dude573
08-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Drew McIntyre I agree with, but at what point has Tyler Reks or Yoshi Tatsu ever expressed themselves well?! Let alone as good as Ryder!! Ryder is charismatic. He's good in the ring, and he's good with a mic in his hand.

I agree that out of the Superstars roster, McIntyre is the one that need to break out of there, but Ryder and Barrett for that matter are also deserving of a push.

Tatsu really impressed me in his small feud with Tyson Kid on Superstars, he brought a lot of character to his what I would call a very sterio typical and narrow gimmick. As for rek's, well I don't know how old you are, and not to sound patronizing, but if you remember in his ECW days, when he had the surfer gimmick, he really portrayed it quite well.

I wouldn't really call Barrett a jobber, he did beat Daniel Bryan, and although he was squashed by Cena, I think that was storylined.

Dude573
08-31-2011, 04:27 PM
I think one of the things about Ryder is, that hes damn entertaining, and despite being left off tv for months, he didnt bitch and moan, he made an amusing youtube series to try and get himself over.

I completely agree, his modestly is worthy of something, and it was genius to make the youtube videos. However, I could also say McIntyre hasn't had any tantrums about having his Chosen One gimmick dropped, and that was respectable a bigger fall then what Ryder faced. He is entertaining, and a good wrestler, but I don't think you can really say to me he is better then the names I originally listed?

Tommy Thunder
08-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Tatsu really impressed me in his small feud with Tyson Kid on Superstars, he brought a lot of character to his what I would call a very sterio typical and narrow gimmick. As for rek's, well I don't know how old you are, and not to sound patronizing, but if you remember in his ECW days, when he had the surfer gimmick, he really portrayed it quite well.

I wouldn't really call Barrett a jobber, he did beat Daniel Bryan, and although he was squashed by Cena, I think that was storylined.

Reks was never going anywhere very quickly with that surfer gimmick, and IMO, the fact I hardly remember it suggests it blew. But that's my opinion :)
About Barrett, I haven't seen Smackdown yet, so I'll have to see that Barrett vs Cena match. But like you say, he did beat DB.

HeelTurn
08-31-2011, 04:29 PM
I completely agree, his modestly is worthy of something, and it was genius to make the youtube videos. However, I could also say McIntyre hasn't had any tantrums about having his Chosen One gimmick dropped, and that was respectable a bigger fall then what Ryder faced. He is entertaining, and a good wrestler, but I don't think you can really say to me he is better then the names I originally listed?

Im a bit of a Drew fan, so I agree with you on that.

Y2J___Y2J
08-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Personally I think Ryder is insanely boring in the ring and will never be a main eventer.

But everybody loves him just because he has tried to connect with the fans.. and succeeded.
He's trying to get himself noticed, which is respectable

Subject Zero
08-31-2011, 04:44 PM
isnt this like the 5th thread on this topic that has been started over the last 48 hours?

Tommy Thunder
08-31-2011, 04:46 PM
isnt this like the 5th thread on this topic that has been started over the last 48 hours?

You have no idea how many Zack Ryder threads there are floating around this forum.

shanethewolf
08-31-2011, 05:18 PM
I've never understood the hype over Ryder either. In my opinion he's the epitome of today's PG 13, patronizing, overacted, contrived crap that is "sports entertainment".

Personally, I want to see characters who are believable, sincere and based on reality; characters who draw me in and captivate my attention like Jake Roberts, Brian Pillman, Steve Austin, The Rock and Shawn Michaels (and Orton before he turned face) were able to do. I like some kind of believability. And yet Zack Ryder is just plain silly and obnoxious.

Wade Barrett 1979
08-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Ryder is good on the mic and is fairly decent in the ring, however, as much as I like his YouTube videos, I believe he's painted himself in to a corner with them!! As good as they are and as much as it's put him over, off his own back, especially with the IWC, I think they've possibly damaged his perception within the WWE itself! They perceive him only to be a wacky comedy character and as such treat him like one! Unless he can persuade the WWE otherwise, I believe he'll be used in a similar vein to Santino and that's it!!!

The Brown One
08-31-2011, 05:26 PM
Yoshi Tatsu - he can't speak English fluently, so this is holding him back.

Tyler Reks - I've barely heard him speak, which is something that is needed for a big push. He also doesn't have much charisma.

Drew Mcintyre - He can wrestle decently, and talks well. But his character is boring when hes not talking - like Orton, except Drew is interesting when hes talking.

Zack Ryder - Hes really charismatic, can wrestle well, and is great on the mic. Besides all that, he truly LOVES what he does. Everytime hes in the ring, he wrestles like theres no tomorrow, because in the WWE, there might not be for some.

maar13
08-31-2011, 07:10 PM
I am going to sound like a mark here, but this does not relate to wrestling itself but character.

I am going to say Ryder is the most fearless man I have seen in the WWE. Why? Simple, Wrestlemania 27 performance, just hear me out.

Was he on a match? No, but anyone expect matches to be good, his performance was more courageous than that. Hell In a Cell? anyone can be there and expect to be flying and brutal there, so wrestlers are not afraid of that. Ladder match? Not fear of anyone in the roster for that match.

BUUUUUUUTTTTTT: None but Zack got the balls to sing that crappy song called Friday from a One hit wonder Youtube girl who's name I don't remember. Now that is having balls (honestly I am a coward about the song, never had the balls to hear it on its entirety, it drives me nuts), that is make the ultimate sacrifice for the company, that is putting yourself out there to make the Biggest Ass of yourself that you can make and like it. Now if that does not scream World Champion to you, I don't know what does.

I bet you that you can ask people like The Undertaker (and I am a huuuge Taker mark, believe me) to do it and he will choke slam you right on the spot, Vince could have sold his soul to The Rock and he will lay the smackdown on Vince right there, you can ask John Cena or Punk or Orton to do so and they probably will not do it, damn I bet even Santino will have his reservations about it, but not Zack, Zack took the ball and ran with it, he said "I am going to look dumb, but I am going to make them believe there is none dumber than me!" and he succeeded.

The only other man that could have done it would be Regal because after kissing Vince's ass, you just can't outdo yourself, but he didn't Zack did and that is why he deserves the Main event of Wrestlemania 29!

Ryder = Friday = Fearless.

Wooo Wooo Wooo...you know it! :P

maar13
08-31-2011, 08:06 PM
I used to be that person that hoped for a Ryder push but like someone said, hes boring in the ring and hes never going to be main event material.

Dude I put almost a blog about why he should be, are you serious bro?....lol

Now in all seriousness yeah, he made his shot but he needs now to back it up and haven't do it, I can see were evryone comes from on that subject.

But still at least a mid-card title at some point won't hurt, hey does anyone seriously believe that afer only be online in his own channel the guy will be main eventer? He is still light years of that if ever.

maar13
08-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Yeah, he needs to be a mid-card Champ at least. That would be a great way to see how he would fit as a World Champ. Or he could just defend his Internet Championship. I just don't think hes ready to be a main-eventer but I could be wrong(I hope so :D).

Nah, right now he is not ready for that, like you said, mid-card title or feud will suit him better as he is now, also the guy is young, like 26, so doesn't need to be rushed either, not buried but not rushed at all, there is plenty of time for him.

Brewer 314
08-31-2011, 08:14 PM
I used to be that person that hoped for a Ryder push but like someone said, hes boring in the ring and hes never going to be main event material.

Sadly I agree,

his gimmick is great, guys, but his work in the ring isn't so hot.

Brewer 314
08-31-2011, 08:17 PM
You have no idea how many Zack Ryder threads there are floating around this forum.

Which says that he does have a pretty big fan base.

I keep seeing articles on how well his merchandise sells.

But again I just don't see his in ring work as anything but average.

evilgenius780
08-31-2011, 08:43 PM
I gotta give the guy credit, WWE didn't really give him the opportunity to get over, but instead of bitching and moaning, he went ahead and made his own opportunity.

I like his youtube series and think he is pretty charasmatic, but Main Eventer? I don't think so, at least not right now. They should feature him on TV more based off his strong cult following alone.

VanHooliganX
08-31-2011, 10:13 PM
WOO WOO WOO You guys don't know it!

The Expendable
08-31-2011, 11:16 PM
I think Ryder is a good wrestler but not a main eventer

Peter Kaymakcian
09-01-2011, 12:08 AM
I think Ryder needs a change of gimmick honestly. I see him like the Rock was during Rocky Mavia just a stereotypical jobber gimmick. I honestly think Ryder would be better suited with a gimmick like the Rock's because when he was a heel in ECW he was incredibly good at it. And his heel promos kind of reminded of the Great One. There is probably a better Legend to compare him to, but the Rock was the first to come to mind.

PS: Actually an HBK esque heel gimmick would do better. He could use his youtube channel for heel promos not suitable for PG TV.

the wrestling shade
09-01-2011, 01:32 AM
well you said it yourself; its the gimmick and if thats the case, then why dont WWE take this to the limit. Is that too much to ask? I dont think so. Me personaly I dont want to see Zack Ryder wrestle HELL NO! but still, I do think he can contribute to the bussiness of entertainment that is the WWE. Not wrestling wise but other stuff that they do on the show. maybe they can start airing his episodes on Smackdown instead of the vault matches which sometimes they air as part of smackdown. There are like a million ways where WWE can benefit from Zack Ryder.

SilverGhost
09-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Why not Ryder?

Festeringeviscerate
09-01-2011, 02:41 AM
I personally don't get it... But hey, I found the Simon Dean character funny & entertaining. I guess It's just time rollin on the next generation. Fuck I feel old.

sincara
09-01-2011, 02:47 AM
we all like rydernbecause he is good on the mic and is decent in the ring but i would rather see drew and tyson pushed before him to midcard or mainevemt

BxmJami3e
09-01-2011, 09:50 AM
A few people i have noticed knocked the Tyler Reks idea..

Okay granted the man hasn't performed on the mic. But when did he get his chance with the monster gimmick. Around bragging rights he was wrestling impressively but that's it, he was never given a real feud and was never allowed on the mic. This itself doesn't say he has no "character" or has 0 mic skills.

As people say his surfer gimmick was a joke but that reminds me again of the person this thread was based on Zack Ryder has proved he can perform only because he was given the chance. And he is only over with the fans because of youtube IMO. Reks was changed and he was more impressive, maybe if Zack is to get a push he needs his comedy gimmick changed so he can be taken seriously. Remember R-Truth? He was a fan popular cuz he came out and chanted a rubbish rap through the mic that is all. Now he is more impressive and got pushed.

Reichwulf
09-01-2011, 09:54 AM

I sorta agree, but you have to admit, since he, himself didn't get a push, he made the push by social networking with youtube and ect. There are a ton of wrestlers i'd like to have more air time and be pushed more.

Mikeyboy7777777
09-01-2011, 11:38 AM
it's a matter of opinion my friend first of all i disagree zack ryder is just as good as curt hawkins both are charismatic i know drew mcintyre should get to the main event but we need new blood like zack ryder & curt hawkins both are charismatic good in ring skills and even not bad at promos but i believe zack ryder will get into a tag team back and maybe win the titles but i do not see wwe giving him a singles title and they did it to drew mcintyre just like you hate cena for becoming wwe champion so many times in the past you do not want drew mcintyre to turn into a kofi kingston/dolph ziggler of the midcard champions

evilgenius780
09-01-2011, 06:17 PM
I gotta agree that a gimmick change would be in order before getting anywhere near the main event, but he is definatly a lot more liked that The Blue Chipper days of the Rock. Great point though!

Rich Cranium
09-01-2011, 06:50 PM
I will agree that is was admirable of Ryder to start the youtube series but I still find the WWWYKI a bit lame.

jordan1995
09-01-2011, 06:51 PM
2 months ago everone is like push ryder..now its orr ryder is shit ...wtf

Rich Cranium
09-01-2011, 06:58 PM
2 months ago everone is like push ryder..now its orr ryder is shit ...wtf

4 months ago until now, I was never for pushing Ryder. I always said I dont get the sudden fanfare.