PDA

View Full Version : Wade Barrett

dub
08-31-2011, 12:28 PM
Hello to all of the EWN nation :) Hopefully things are going well for everyone. I'm really new at this being that it's only my 2nd post but I gotta say this is a great site with real passionate fans and I really would appreciate any comments you would like to leave afterwards. So with that being said I'm gonna get right down to business. I wanted to talk a little bit about Wade Barrett. Here is a guy who was the winner of NXT season 1. He then went on to be the leader of a very revolutionary group called Nexus. He went on to have a decent fued with Cena before being shipped to smackdown were he would become leader of the Corre and Intercontinental Champ. It's evident that this guy will play a major role in the WWE for years to come...right??? Keeping all of these acomplishments in mind I just have one question to ask (U probably already know were I'm going with this) WHAT WAS UP WITH HIM BEING SQUASHED BY CENA ON SMACKDOWN?!?!?!? I mean the guy barely got two moves in. They made him look like a complete bum. Couldn't they have at least let Cena get the win via hard fought battle? I was just wondering what is the WWE gonna do with him now? Did they build him up to quick? IDK but it seems like a few months ago he was on the brink of being a solid WWE championship contender but now he's being squashed on smackdown? In the words of Hurricane...What's up wit dat?

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Hello to all of the EWN nation :) Hopefully things are going well for everyone. I'm really new at this being that it's only my 2nd post but I gotta say this is a great site with real passionate fans and I really would appreciate any comments you would like to leave afterwards. So with that being said I'm gonna get right down to business. I wanted to talk a little bit about Wade Barrett. Here is a guy who was the winner of NXT season 1. He then went on to be the leader of a very revolutionary group called Nexus. He went on to have a decent fued with Cena before being shipped to smackdown were he would become leader of the Corre and Intercontinental Champ. It's evident that this guy will play a major role in the WWE for years to come...right??? Keeping all of these acomplishments in mind I just have one question to ask (U probably already know were I'm going with this) WHAT WAS UP WITH HIM BEING SQUASHED BY CENA ON SMACKDOWN?!?!?!? I mean the guy barely got two moves in. They made him look like a complete bum. Couldn't they have at least let Cena get the win via hard fought battle? I was just wondering what is the WWE gonna do with him? I mean here he was on the brink of being a solid WWE championship contender to being squashed on smackdown? In the words of Hurricane...What's up wit dat?

Dub, Dub... Dubbbbbbb!!!

Straight-Edge
08-31-2011, 12:37 PM
I thought the same thing, but I'm not worried about Barrett's future. That's just how the WWE is these days. The main problem I think was simply time. They didn't have time on the show to have a longer, more hard fought match. That's also why I'm not thrilled about the rumored end to the brand extension. It's going to mean we'll be seeing more crap like that. And on another note, regarding Smackdown, where the hell was Cody? Couldn't they have at least given him a small backstage segment? He's the IC champ for cryin' out loud! Nope, not excited about them blurring the lines between the brands at all.

mkjah22
08-31-2011, 12:54 PM
yeah i agree, just as we were starting to get some good wrestling matchups that lasted longer they do this and what do we get? MORE CENA!!! seriously, is he not on enough already?

I really like wade so i hope they do something big with him. The trio they brought in (wade, drew, sheamus) all impressed me straight away and they remind me of the characters we used to have when we were kids, except they actually are from the countries they say they are. They can all wrestle solid entertaining matches (if given the chance) and can all trash talk like a mofo.

Sheamus is there, maybe the other two will get their shot down the line. Damn, Drew has hardly had a chance to show his quality.

dub
08-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Dub, Dub... Dubbbbbbb!!!

wudup Rated RKO

Wade Barrett 1979
I was pissed how quickly he was squashed, he managed one major offensive move?!?! How bad is that!! I do have this inkling though, that he may have a programme with Undertaker coming up!! Now, I'm not saying he'll face him at Wrestlemania, that's too far away but they have the history, when Nexus buried him alive! There still hasn't been anything more from that, which I'm expecting, plus the word is Undertaker is apparently high on Wade and sees him as a potential to pass the torch to, so to speak!!

Dubs
Dub, Dub... Dubbbbbbb!!!

He stole my name! lol JK :)

The_Awesome_One
08-31-2011, 01:27 PM
yeah is literally disgusted at the squash match he had yesterday on smackdown

dub
08-31-2011, 01:27 PM
I thought the same thing, but I'm not worried about Barrett's future. That's just how the WWE is these days. The main problem I think was simply time. They didn't have time on the show to have a longer, more hard fought match. That's also why I'm not thrilled about the rumored end to the brand extension. It's going to mean we'll be seeing more crap like that. And on another note, regarding Smackdown, where the hell was Cody? Couldn't they have at least given him a small backstage segment? He's the IC champ for cryin' out loud! Nope, not excited about them blurring the lines between the brands at all.

I know your not the WWE straight edge but wouldn't it make sense for them to cut like 5 minutes out of the whole Ricardo Rodriguez/John Cena/Wade Barrett skit and 5 minutes out of the HHH/CM Punk/Nash skit (I enjoyed it but it was very long and it didn't have to be) and viola you got an extra 10 minutes for Barett and Cena. I'm just sayin...

Y2J___Y2J
08-31-2011, 03:17 PM
Barrett will end up back in the main event scene, but damn he got buried last night.!
WWE just seem to be pushing the the Cena/ADR and Punk/HHH feud ahead of everything so I wouldn't think much of it tbh

jordan1995
08-31-2011, 03:18 PM
yeah is literally disgusted at the squash match he had yesterday on smackdown

the word i was looking for :)

wrestlingfan66513
08-31-2011, 03:21 PM

I was thinking the same thing about Rhodes. If the brand thing does end I hope Cody doesn't get lost in the fray.

Y2Jryder
08-31-2011, 03:47 PM
And that supposed to be one of the two main events?

Dude573
08-31-2011, 03:51 PM
He beat Daniel Bryan, who they seem to be putting a lot of steam behind. I think him being squashed by Cena was just for a story line purpose, to make Cena look big for his match against ADR. Barrett is 31 years old, so I wouldn't really call him a youngster, but I do think one day he will be a world champion, I think in most people's opinions, he should have won it in his Nexus days.

RagnarokNRoll
08-31-2011, 06:50 PM
When Cena got him up on his shoulders for the AA, he had this shit eating grin on his face. It almost made me throw up in my mouth a little. C'mon John at least look like you've had a tough match. But on topic, why squash barrett? What possible purpose could that serve. It doesn't put Cena over any more then he already is. Geez. (Shakes head in frustration)