PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a new tag team

you_know_it
08-31-2011, 09:46 AM
Alright, the WWE obviously needs solid tag teams, and I think Evan and Kofi will actually work really well as a starting point for this. (can't say too much about their name, "air boom" though)

I think another team that would work out very well and use a few great wrestlers who have been doing nothing would be Drew McIntyre and Tyler Reks.

Both of these guys need help with their careers, and I think the WWE wants to use them, but just doesn't have a spot for them, because face it, if they didn't want to use them they wouldn't have contracts anymore.

I personally love Tyler Reks' monster heel personality and think it would work very well with Drew McIntyre's "chosen one" gimmick. Give the two a little time and I think they might be able to make a pretty interesting team, that I would definitely be interested in watching.

Thoughts?

FLWWEFan
08-31-2011, 09:59 AM
It's definetly worth a shot since the WWE has nothing for both of these guys at the very minute and it wouldn't surprise me if they get released pretty soon from their contracts. McIntyre has been running the FCW circuit this summer doing special appearances and autograph sessions and Reks has been MIA. Good thinking if this idea.

S.E. Zero
08-31-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm a huge fan of both so I like this idea. Good thinking bro.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
08-31-2011, 10:30 AM
I think that WWE needs to stop taking mid-carders and throwing them randomly in a tag-team. Bring up tag-teams through FCW and build their team character and push them. What is going to happen to the midcard when they are all on half-ass tag-teams?

68wPayne
08-31-2011, 10:43 AM
I think it's a good idea. Sometimes to build a tag team you need to throw 2 midcard guys together who aren't doing anything, that's how Beer Money started, and New Age Outlaws, and probably countless others

Dude573
08-31-2011, 10:48 AM
Nice idea, but an obstacle would be that as good a wrestler as the duo are, their mic skills aren't all that top notch, but I suppose that could be solved with just them being flat out aggressive in their promo's, actions rather than words perhaps?

However, I am still hoping that with The Miz, Rtruth, Kofi and Bourne looking to be in new tag teams, that will leave space in the midcard for these two guys to be elevated into.

you_know_it
08-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Nice idea, but an obstacle would be that as good a wrestler as the duo are, their mic skills aren't all that top notch, but I suppose that could be solved with just them being flat out aggressive in their promo's, actions rather than words perhaps?

However, I am still hoping that with The Miz, Rtruth, Kofi and Bourne looking to be in new tag teams, that will leave space in the midcard for these two guys to be elevated into.

yeah i'm thinking that Drew and Reks, if this were to happen, would be more aggressive, i think it might be really interesting. i can't quite figure out how to say what exactly I'm thinking, but i think there is potential.

For some reason, I'm kinda on the fence about Miz and R-Truth. I feel like they do have potential, but also that it could turn out absolutely rotten.

you_know_it
08-31-2011, 11:03 AM
I think that WWE needs to stop taking mid-carders and throwing them randomly in a tag-team. Bring up tag-teams through FCW and build their team character and push them. What is going to happen to the midcard when they are all on half-ass tag-teams?

I do agree with this somewhat, but I do think Evan and Kofi have potential, and maybe some other teams. I actually think it would help the mid-card, as I think it is pretty crowded right now, which is why people are upset that no one is getting the push they deserve, way too many people and not enough time. Throw some into tag teams and see what they can do. If it doesn't work out they can go back to mid-card.

BlazersDozen
08-31-2011, 11:14 AM
I think McIntyre & Reks would be the definition of throwing guys together. Look at McIntyre's gimmic. He's "The Chosen One" which means he believes he's the best so why would he want anyones help to win matches? IMO, it goes completely against his gimmic. I think Reks would work better with Barretta

Dude573
08-31-2011, 11:17 AM
I think McIntyre & Reks would be the definition of throwing guys together. Look at McIntyre's gimmic. He's "The Chosen One" which means he believes he's the best so why would he want anyones help to win matches? IMO, it goes completely against his gimmic. I think Reks would work better with Barretta

If you think Drew is still the chosen one, then that's the definition of poor viewer understanding.

Robareid
08-31-2011, 11:21 AM

Reeks is monster heel, and Trent is a very likeable face... I don't see it working

BlazersDozen
08-31-2011, 11:21 AM
If you think Drew is still the chosen one, then that's the definition of poor viewer understanding.

I never thought he was the Chosen One but its his gimmic. Not much we can do about that now is there?

BlazersDozen
08-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Reeks is monster heel, and Trent is a very likeable face... I don't see it working

Easy, heel turn. Reks & Barretta destroy Kofi & Bourne. Since its the "Reality Era" the reason could easily be to take the spotlight since they are being overlooked & say they are better than anyone that WWE can throw at them.

you_know_it
08-31-2011, 11:28 AM

I thought about it too, but people's gimmicks change all the time, and maybe Drew's character wants to be dominant in the tag team division first since he has had bad singles success as of late and Reks is just the one to help him out. It's a very easy thing to work around.

Dude573
08-31-2011, 11:31 AM
I never thought he was the Chosen One but its his gimmic. Not much we can do about that now is there?

He isn't the chosen one anymore, he is "The Great American Nightmare". McIntyre lost his push supposedly because of all the court cases during his divorce, although at 26, he has time to turn his career around. If not, then the WWE just lost what could have been a big main eventer.

BlazersDozen
08-31-2011, 11:39 AM
I thought about it too, but people's gimmicks change all the time, and maybe Drew's character wants to be dominant in the tag team division first since he has had bad singles success as of late and Reks is just the one to help him out. It's a very easy thing to work around.

True. Reks could start as a body guard type persona for him that evolves into a tag team maybe.

FLWWEFan
08-31-2011, 11:56 AM

Doesn't matter, just like Kofi was billed from Jamaica and now is from Africa. There's ways of going about stuff to change it up.

Mikeyboy7777777
08-31-2011, 12:02 PM
even with the chosen one gimmick drew mcintyre became tag champs with cody so it's possible come on focus less on the single person gimmick and more on their tag team history mcintyre held tag titles with cody rhodes in the wwe and with wade barret on fcw

you_know_it
08-31-2011, 12:09 PM
True. Reks could start as a body guard type persona for him that evolves into a tag team maybe.

right now you're following what i'm getting at :)
just would be worried about it playing out that way because i think the bodyguard thing has been kinda overdone, but a similar idea to that would work