PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Sunday Night Heat

WWF-Hates-LittleJimmy
08-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Hi, i'm pretty new around here but i wanted to speak my mind and let others here it so here it is.

The WWE has so much potential that they don't use i feel they need to bring back good ol sunday night wrestling not only to build up for ppvs but also to get their wrestlers who don't debut much or are just sitting in the back some air time to show them what they can do.

I used to love sunday night heat and looked forward to watching it, and feel they need to resurrect it.

Thoughts?

Eve's Arse No.1
08-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Why we have Superstars?

SLEEPY LOCO1
08-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Why we have Superstars?

But it's not on t.v. anymore. I havent seen an episode since it went to an online show.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-30-2011, 07:57 PM
But it's not on t.v. anymore. I havent seen an episode since it went to an online show.

Your online now watch it now

We get it on TV in the UK i think i dont watch it but TV listings list it all the time

tshizzy34
08-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Yea but Superstars sucks. I think that every talent they currently have should be given at least some kind of air time whether it be on Raw, SD, or Heat/SuperStars, whatever. I still say have Raw on Monday Superstars on Wednesday (Or Heat), and SD on Friday but make SD live and SS taped.

SLEEPY LOCO1
08-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Your online now watch it now

We get it on TV in the UK i think i dont watch it but TV listings list it all the time

I don't want to, COPS is on. lol

Eve's Arse No.1
08-30-2011, 08:07 PM
SO how would Heat be anything different then Superstars?

I mean there is no European title anymore right? and all Heat was, was jobbers losing to superstars with one or two matches thrown in which is essientally Superstars with jobbers

Bodom
08-30-2011, 08:24 PM
What few reasons you gave for wanting Heat back, Superstars fulfills.

Brewer 314
08-30-2011, 08:40 PM
What few reasons you gave for wanting Heat back, Superstars fulfills.

Heat was great, who didn't like the live PPV pre shows

tshizzy34
08-30-2011, 08:44 PM
SO how would Heat be anything different then Superstars?

I mean there is no European title anymore right? and all Heat was, was jobbers losing to superstars with one or two matches thrown in which is essientally Superstars with jobbers

Well that's why we would make the new and improved Heat better. It wouldn't be like it used to be, and should be Wednesday Night Heat lol.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Well that's why we would make the new and improved Heat better. It wouldn't be like it used to be, and should be Wednesday Night Heat lol.

So essentially ECW

TNA 'The very best'
08-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Whats the point of changing the name of Superstars to Heat and keeping it on a week night, Just move Superstars to a sunday night if you want a pre PPV show, ( which i actually like the idea of) WWE does need a pre PPV show.

tshizzy34
08-30-2011, 09:12 PM
So essentially ECW

lol I dunno tbh I kinda lost interest in the topic half way through and just went with the flow at the time, and started rambling on. They could just improve Superstars, but I doubt they will.

HCollins-TNA1
08-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Why we have Superstars?

Exactly!!!

HCollins-TNA1
08-30-2011, 09:19 PM

As was WCW Main Event back in the in 1990s with a PPV pre show..

evilgenius780
08-31-2011, 01:36 AM
Does anyone remember the Episode of Heat where Commisioner Foley gave Christian a Light-heavyweight title match if he dropped a few pounds before the end of the match? Classic stuff.

sincara
08-31-2011, 03:32 AM

its still on tv in the uk as is nxt

BlazersDozen
08-31-2011, 08:52 AM
I just watch Superstars on my phone via YouTube.

Marx
08-31-2011, 09:32 AM
I didn't get to see Heat that often, but I think our new friend WWF Hates Little Jimmy would like to see a b-star show with a true show feel, maybe taped in a smaller venue. I think that would be better than Superstars, though a lot more costly (which is why WWE will not think it's worth it)..

My solution for the the guys on the roster you never get to see is simpler: cut the roster. Of course we'll bitch and moan about our favourite guy that definitley deserved a push, WWE is blind, they dropped the ball, yada yada yada, fact of the matter is they have more talent than idea's and time to do something with them, so make the cut.

BlazersDozen
08-31-2011, 12:52 PM
I didn't get to see Heat that often, but I think our new friend WWF Hates Little Jimmy would like to see a b-star show with a true show feel, maybe taped in a smaller venue. I think that would be better than Superstars, though a lot more costly

Talkin about TNA?

Reichwulf
09-02-2011, 12:03 AM

This ^

Y2Jryder
09-02-2011, 09:23 AM
So essentially ECW
Don't ever compare ECW to Night heat.

HCollins-TNA1
09-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Don't ever compare ECW to Night heat.

Basically WWE/ECW was Sunday Night Heat just with a different name and different day...

Reichwulf
09-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Basically WWE/ECW was Sunday Night Heat just with a different name and different day...

I would have to disagree.

Sunday night heat built up on the action following in the next week, and conducted interviews/built up to main events (ppvs). It was basically it's own program that ran along side raw/smackdown and boosted talent on live tv.

To be honest i don't know why they killed heat, then again i don't know why they did half the things they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_8iiPXutxM

Y2Jryder
09-02-2011, 11:50 AM
It is a shame that there was a WWE ECW

beatfighter3000
09-03-2011, 08:40 PM
I really don't understand why they removed Sunday Night Heat
It was a great show, and may I say NOTHING like ECW or Superstars
Heres my problem with those two shows
WWE superstars is just a poor excuse to give some wrestlers screen time, done in the crappest of fashions
WWECW was just a ripoff of the original ECW. This revamped version in my opinion cant even be called extreme

Heat gave opportunities to the up and coming superstars, or gave the opportunities to the has-beens in an attempt for them to have some of the limelight *cough cough Val venis*

But if we're talking about heat
how about velocity? That was a great show aswell...

Reichwulf
09-03-2011, 08:48 PM
I really don't understand why they removed Sunday Night Heat
It was a great show, and may I say NOTHING like ECW or Superstars
Heres my problem with those two shows
WWE superstars is just a poor excuse to give some wrestlers screen time, done in the crappest of fashions
WWECW was just a ripoff of the original ECW. This revamped version in my opinion cant even be called extreme

Heat gave opportunities to the up and coming superstars, or gave the opportunities to the has-beens in an attempt for them to have some of the limelight *cough cough Val venis*

But if we're talking about heat
how about velocity? That was a great show aswell...

I agree with you, and i loved velocity as well, weekly recaps were awesome

Rich Cranium
09-03-2011, 10:12 PM

Exactly, just like the UFC has a pre show, it would be a great idea for WWE to have it again to get people interested in buying the PPV who are otherwise not sold or unsure.

HCollins-TNA1
09-03-2011, 10:19 PM
I would have to disagree.

Sunday night heat built up on the action following in the next week, and conducted interviews/built up to main events (ppvs). It was basically it's own program that ran along side raw/smackdown and boosted talent on live tv.

To be honest i don't know why they killed heat, then again i don't know why they did half the things they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_8iiPXutxM

After the brand split.....

nrb6304
09-03-2011, 10:32 PM
before Smackdown was around Sunday Night HeAT was the original second show. Except it wasn't "just a B show" it was just as big as RAW. I remember seeing Stone Cold defend his WWF title on there multiple times

Chavo.G
09-04-2011, 05:20 PM
before Smackdown was around Sunday Night HeAT was the original second show. Except it wasn't "just a B show" it was just as big as RAW. I remember seeing Stone Cold defend his WWF title on there multiple times

Yeah Sunday Night Heat from 1998-1999 was probobly its best run. It then began to become a mid-card show from 2000-2001 and then when there was the brand split, it started to end up like Superstars.

KJ PUNK
09-04-2011, 05:24 PM
I loved watching both Heat and Velocity. You always got to see the younger guys shine from both brands on the show.

K2Jelly
09-04-2011, 05:26 PM
I loved watching both Heat and Velocity. You always got to see the younger guys shine from both brands on the show.

Isn't Superstars already doing that?

KJ PUNK
09-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Isn't Superstars already doing that?

But it's not on TV. And like others have said, they great thing about Heat was the PPV pre-show.

maar13
09-05-2011, 12:34 AM
At least it will be nice to have those pre-PPV shows like many has pointed out, one or two matches, and in between and at the end all the things for the PPV. And nope, Superstars can't do that because is on a week night and only available in a few countries, at least they should make it available when you order the PPV in foreign countries.

Here thay kind of do it, they put a 30 min pre-show before the PPV, not bad for a recap show.