PDA

View Full Version : TNA Cross the Line into Retirement

Peter Kaymakcian
08-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Hello my name is Peter Kaymakcian and I was an avid poster on WWE Universe/Fan Nation before its abrupt ending. After it closed I had no were else to go to talk about wrestling and discuss things with fans. I hope I can be a great poster here as I was in WWE Universe/Fan Nation.

Actual Topic:
I know this topic has been made a thousand times, but this is a serious issue that TNA needs to fix ASAP because honestly if they don't fix it soon they'll be going out of business. Now some people who will try and defend TNA by saying they are putting more focus on the X-Division as of late and the old guys like Nash and Booker are gone. Well you my friends are wrong. Just look at the people who are getting the main event time Kurt Angle, Sting, Bully Ray(Oh I'll have a post on him soon enough), Bischoff, Flair, Rob Van Damn, and Hogan. The only young guys I see getting any type of push is Crimson, Matt Morgan, and Mr. Anderson. Joe looks like he is on the brink of being pushed, but I'm sure they'll just have him join Immortal and fall into the crowd again. TNA needs to stop pushing guys like Sting, Bully Ray, Steiner, Jeff Hardy and, Rob Van Damn because it takes away from the real talent they have on the roster. Seriously if TNA were to really push the "Pope" D'Angelo Dinero they could have their own Rock or if they were to really get behind Samoa Joe they could have their own "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. Instead they'd rather push guys who are on the brink of retirement or should actual be retired. Here is my list of guys who should be in the main event because they can wrestle, can cut a promo, and are young:

1.) "Pope" D'Angelo Dinero-When this guy was signed everyone was going crazy over this acquisition. Then when they started pushing him he had so much fan support it wasn't even funny. Then he gets injured so they put him on the shelf, but when he returns he gets put on Xplosion? Where is the logic in that? Okay Pope you have massive fan appeal, are a good worker, and we can build our company around you, but I think we would better be served by a dillusional man in his fifties who ran a wrestling company into the ground.

2.) Samoa Joe-This man has so much fan support that when he returns to TNA because they always write him off TV for a stupid reason that the fans erupt. This man can both cut a promo and deliver a five star match and has actually delivered the only five star match in your companies history. You want to know how you use Samoa Joe effectively? You give him the mic, let him be his bad ass Samoan Submission Machine self, and whoop some ass. I will give TNA this, it seems like they are pushing him back to his roots with this current storyline.

3.) Kaz-When this guy was getting pushed early-mid 2006 he was TNA's fastest growing star. He had great fan support, was having great matches, and was cutting pretty decent promos. So what does TNA do? They put him in another gimmick and watch as his popularity plummets. If TNA starts to use him like they did in 2006 he could get this popularity again and be apart of TNA's core guys, like WWE has.

4.) Austin Aries- This guy can cut a promo and can out wrestle many of the so called main eventers TNA has now. I don't know how they are going to use him, but if they use him as they did the last time he was there I feel so bad for him.

5.) Brian Kendrick- I hate his gimmick, I hate the fact that he is only in the X-Division, and I hate what TNA is doing with him. For the brief time WWE decided to use him Brian Kendrick was cutting some of the most beautiful promos I've heard from someone so new to the main event scene. So when TNA signed him I was thinking to myself alright I can hear these promos again. He comes to TNA and begins spewing crap about raptors. Its Black Machismo 2.0 in my opinion.

6.) Gunner- From what I've seen from this kid so far has been impressive. At one point I thought TNA was actually going to push him. You know back when he was TV Champion, beat Sting, then beat Anderson, but now he has just gotten lost in the shuffle.

TNA is like a dog with ADHD. They can't focus on these people long enough to push them like they should. I know I left off some people like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Robert Roode, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, and many others. To put it short Styles I don't think he has the charisma to be this companies go to guy or one of them, Daniels is 40, Roode I would love to see as a singles competitot, but would rather not break up Beer Money, same reasoning goes to Shelley and Sabin.

AOF666
08-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Hogan is making sure the spotlight is not taking away from him. Every time someone gets a push, the carpet is swept from underneath them.

tnafanwwehater
08-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Hello my name is Peter Kaymakcian and I was an avid poster on WWE Universe/Fan Nation before its abrupt ending. After it closed I had no were else to go to talk about wrestling and discuss things with fans. I hope I can be a great poster here as I was in WWE Universe/Fan Nation.

Actual Topic:
I know this topic has been made a thousand times, but this is a serious issue that TNA needs to fix ASAP because honestly if they don't fix it soon they'll be going out of business. Now some people who will try and defend TNA by saying they are putting more focus on the X-Division as of late and the old guys like Nash and Booker are gone. Well you my friends are wrong. Just look at the people who are getting the main event time Kurt Angle, Sting, Bully Ray(Oh I'll have a post on him soon enough), Bischoff, Flair, Rob Van Damn, and Hogan. The only young guys I see getting any type of push is Crimson, Matt Morgan, and Mr. Anderson. Joe looks like he is on the brink of being pushed, but I'm sure they'll just have him join Immortal and fall into the crowd again. TNA needs to stop pushing guys like Sting, Bully Ray, Steiner, Jeff Hardy and, Rob Van Damn because it takes away from the real talent they have on the roster. Seriously if TNA were to really push the "Pope" D'Angelo Dinero they could have their own Rock or if they were to really get behind Samoa Joe they could have their own "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. Instead they'd rather push guys who are on the brink of retirement or should actual be retired. Here is my list of guys who should be in the main event because they can wrestle, can cut a promo, and are young:

1.) "Pope" D'Angelo Dinero-When this guy was signed everyone was going crazy over this acquisition. Then when they started pushing him he had so much fan support it wasn't even funny. Then he gets injured so they put him on the shelf, but when he returns he gets put on Xplosion? Where is the logic in that? Okay Pope you have massive fan appeal, are a good worker, and we can build our company around you, but I think we would better be served by a dillusional man in his fifties who ran a wrestling company into the ground.

2.) Samoa Joe-This man has so much fan support that when he returns to TNA because they always write him off TV for a stupid reason that the fans erupt. This man can both cut a promo and deliver a five star match and has actually delivered the only five star match in your companies history. You want to know how you use Samoa Joe effectively? You give him the mic, let him be his bad ass Samoan Submission Machine self, and whoop some ass. I will give TNA this, it seems like they are pushing him back to his roots with this current storyline.

3.) Kaz-When this guy was getting pushed early-mid 2006 he was TNA's fastest growing star. He had great fan support, was having great matches, and was cutting pretty decent promos. So what does TNA do? They put him in another gimmick and watch as his popularity plummets. If TNA starts to use him like they did in 2006 he could get this popularity again and be apart of TNA's core guys, like WWE has.

4.) Austin Aries- This guy can cut a promo and can out wrestle many of the so called main eventers TNA has now. I don't know how they are going to use him, but if they use him as they did the last time he was there I feel so bad for him.

5.) Brian Kendrick- I hate his gimmick, I hate the fact that he is only in the X-Division, and I hate what TNA is doing with him. For the brief time WWE decided to use him Brian Kendrick was cutting some of the most beautiful promos I've heard from someone so new to the main event scene. So when TNA signed him I was thinking to myself alright I can hear these promos again. He comes to TNA and begins spewing crap about raptors. Its Black Machismo 2.0 in my opinion.

6.) Gunner- From what I've seen from this kid so far has been impressive. At one point I thought TNA was actually going to push him. You know back when he was TV Champion, beat Sting, then beat Anderson, but now he has just gotten lost in the shuffle.

TNA is like a dog with ADHD. They can't focus on these people long enough to push them like they should. I know I left off some people like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Robert Roode, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, and many others. To put it short Styles I don't think he has the charisma to be this companies go to guy or one of them, Daniels is 40, Roode I would love to see as a singles competitot, but would rather not break up Beer Money, same reasoning goes to Shelley and Sabin.

u realize u need old guys for the new talent to be taken serious. they need that rub. why u think wwe is using nash.

kelly94
08-30-2011, 08:09 PM
you just know hardy is gettin the world title back soon. then he will rejoin immortal and leave again 100 times.

neotamagachi
08-30-2011, 08:22 PM
yeah but the thing is these old guys have to put over the young stars not bury them and take the spot light for himself

AlexWorldOrder
08-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Another thread with the same ol shit?

wrestlingfan66513
08-30-2011, 09:02 PM
This should have been a blog, but Impact has been getting better at pushing their stars and the show has become more interesting to watch over the weeks. I like Bully Ray and Sting they help the younger guys and are recognizable. I think we need another show since there's to many people on the rooster and to get the Hogan and Sting thing over with so we can move on.

ShockMaster
08-30-2011, 09:38 PM
TNA will get better in 2005.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
08-30-2011, 10:18 PM
A WWE mark saying that TNA is a retirement home?!

http://thegoutkiller.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/surprised-face.jpg

Rockstar83
08-30-2011, 11:06 PM
TNA is like a dog with ADHD.

its funny beacuse it's true

Peter Kaymakcian
08-31-2011, 12:08 AM
A WWE mark saying that TNA is a retirement home?!

http://thegoutkiller.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/surprised-face.jpg

In no way a WWE mark. In fact the only American company I could ever be considered a mark in would be ROH. With that being said I can criticize WWE to for its mistakes. For instance they give Daniel Bryan the MITB brief case and they are going to have him cash in at WM 28. Yet all they do is make the guy lose. He just lost to Sin Cara tonight, he lost to Wade Barrett at SSlam, and Cole said it tonight on Smackdown! he hasn't won a match in over a month. Now who would want to watch a WM World Title match involving a guy who is treated like he doesn't belong in the main event? No one. Now WWE is trying to revitalize its tag team division by throwing to random midcard guys together and having them beat a team whose been teaming together for over four months now in a little over two minutes? That just makes me think there tag team division is that much weaker. Honestly if WWE wants to rebuild there tag division they can't have the champions lose in two minutes in three straight matches.

steveorton
08-31-2011, 06:44 AM
I agree with most of your posts. Tna has too much old guys, I think they should choose one and keep him as the Legend of the Roster probably Sting or Hogan and retire the other guys. I like what you brought up about AJ he is very good in the ring but to me he has no charisma and mic skills so he should definitely not be the top guy. Tna needs to push their young talent as well as their home grown talent like Joe and Kaz.

Welcome to the forums mate and happy posting, I'm jus sayin...

BlazersDozen
08-31-2011, 08:37 AM
Samoa Joe is deadly. If TNA would let him work how he is capable of working then they would have the face of their company right there! Let's be real here. Joe is better than Styles. Styles has the "look" but Joe is better in-ring & easily better on the stick.

Austin Aries IMO could be the CM Punk of this company if they allow him, which Russo probably won't.

It all comes down to the fact that TNA is run by ex WCW chronies & they love hiring their buddies. I think they see it more as their throw back the clock play thing than an actual business. They are LOADED with talent but they don't utilize it at all.

gohan
08-31-2011, 10:12 AM
thats tna in my book have the guys talent job to the old guys sting tna fans say that sting , kurt angle are trying to put over the young talnet they have but that never happens !! looh at terry funk when he came to ecw put over shane douglas , tommy dreamer , mick floey , sabu , raven , sand man you know has sting and angle put over styles or joe any body else fo that matter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlazersDozen
08-31-2011, 12:56 PM
thats tna in my book have the guys talent job to the old guys sting tna fans say that sting , kurt angle are trying to put over the young talnet they have but that never happens !! looh at terry funk when he came to ecw put over shane douglas , tommy dreamer , mick floey , sabu , raven , sand man you know has sting and angle put over styles or joe any body else fo that matter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol yes indeed they have & Angle is in the process of putting over Crimson.

Peter Kaymakcian
08-31-2011, 02:33 PM
Angle has tried to put many young guys over including Samoa Joe, Jay Lethal, AJ Styles, and now Crimson. But TNA continually drops the ball after Angle gives them the rub

THEKEVINBRAND
08-31-2011, 06:48 PM
TNA needs the vets as much as the WWE does, look at Grampa Nash invading my TV screen Monday Nights

Peter Kaymakcian
09-01-2011, 12:09 AM
TNA needs the vets as much as the WWE does, look at Grampa Nash invading my TV screen Monday Nights

The only reason anyone over the age of 45 should be used in wrestling is to put young guys over. However TNA doesn't use these guys like that. TNA uses these guys as if they were there future.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-01-2011, 12:10 AM
The only reason anyone over the age of 45 should be used in wrestling is to put young guys over. However TNA doesn't use these guys like that. TNA uses these guys as if they were there future.

the only active wrestler who competes in a ring who's over 45 is Sting that's all

Peter Kaymakcian
09-01-2011, 12:16 AM
the only active wrestler who competes in a ring who's over 45 is Sting that's all

Okay let me rephrase that then. The only people who should be getting pushed to the moon are people 35 and under because these are the guys who will remain profitable for your company for over 15 years.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Okay let me rephrase that then. The only people who should be getting pushed to the moon are people 35 and under because these are the guys who will remain profitable for your company for over 15 years.

although that is true, i think some day some how things are going to change. I mean c'mon TNA isn't always in the wrong for every thing they do

Peter Kaymakcian
09-01-2011, 12:21 AM
although that is true, i think some day some how things are going to change. I mean c'mon TNA isn't always in the wrong for every thing they do

Oh I don't think TNA is wrong in everything they do infact. I have always applauded TNA's tag team division which I think they always find away to make great tag teams out of previously single wrestlers or just pair up two independent guys and make it work. I love how TNA is constantly trying to improve the Knockouts. I love how TNA is trying to fix up the X-Division and make it a huge part of the company again. However I don't like the emphasis placed on the older guys. I honestly believe that TNA would be much better suited in seriously pushing the guys I listed above as their go to guys.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Oh I don't think TNA is wrong in everything they do infact. I have always applauded TNA's tag team division which I think they always find away to make great tag teams out of previously single wrestlers or just pair up two independent guys and make it work. I love how TNA is constantly trying to improve the Knockouts. I love how TNA is trying to fix up the X-Division and make it a huge part of the company again. However I don't like the emphasis placed on the older guys. I honestly believe that TNA would be much better suited in seriously pushing the guys I listed above as their go to guys.

One thing at a time :D I love that Kurt turned heel and is helping to push Crimson (hey we need to start somewhere). Besides, nothing against WWE, but seeing Grampa Nash on my TV screen makes me wanna switch the channel rather than watch

Peter Kaymakcian
09-01-2011, 12:30 AM
100% agreed about Nash and I know they are only using him and HHH to give Punk some big name matches. However I feel this does more harm then good.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-01-2011, 12:35 AM
100% agreed about Nash and I know they are only using him and HHH to give Punk some big name matches. However I feel this does more harm then good.

yeah, i really feel bad for punk right now, he could be wrestling del rio instead of cena

Peter Kaymakcian
09-01-2011, 12:36 AM
yeah, i really feel bad for punk right now, he could be wrestling del rio instead of cena

He should be and that honestly would be such a great match. Or how about a Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk Ultimate Submission match?

THEKEVINBRAND
09-01-2011, 12:40 AM
He should be and that honestly would be such a great match. Or how about a Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk Ultimate Submission match?

yes, iron man submission match! book it!

el gabo
09-01-2011, 11:27 AM
u realize u need old guys for the new talent to be taken serious. they need that rub. why u think wwe is using nash.

The Nash thing is bullshit. I have no idea why they are recurring to this geezer. Nash maineventinn is a bad idea in TNA, WWE, ROH, any where.

el gabo
09-01-2011, 11:28 AM
In no way a WWE mark. In fact the only American company I could ever be considered a mark in would be ROH. With that being said I can criticize WWE to for its mistakes. For instance they give Daniel Bryan the MITB brief case and they are going to have him cash in at WM 28. Yet all they do is make the guy lose. He just lost to Sin Cara tonight, he lost to Wade Barrett at SSlam, and Cole said it tonight on Smackdown! he hasn't won a match in over a month. Now who would want to watch a WM World Title match involving a guy who is treated like he doesn't belong in the main event? No one. Now WWE is trying to revitalize its tag team division by throwing to random midcard guys together and having them beat a team whose been teaming together for over four months now in a little over two minutes? That just makes me think there tag team division is that much weaker. Honestly if WWE wants to rebuild there tag division they can't have the champions lose in two minutes in three straight matches.

Shortminded people automatically assume you're a X-company fanboy if you dare to criticize Y-company. Welcome to the forums bTW

HeelTurn
09-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Nash looked out of place in a TNA ring wrestling, but in the WWE ring its even more obsurd, except that 1 of appearance in the Rumble. Hes been owned by Punk's promos and the match between the 2 if it ever happens will be awful, unless they make it no holds barred, but even then he shouldnt be wrestling.

Peter Kaymakcian
09-02-2011, 12:50 AM
Shortminded people automatically assume you're a X-company fanboy if you dare to criticize Y-company. Welcome to the forums bTW

Thank you for the welcome and I know. I'm used to it because of WWE Universe/Fan Nation.

Peter Kaymakcian
09-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Nash looked out of place in a TNA ring wrestling, but in the WWE ring its even more obsurd, except that 1 of appearance in the Rumble. Hes been owned by Punk's promos and the match between the 2 if it ever happens will be awful, unless they make it no holds barred, but even then he shouldnt be wrestling.

Of course he is getting owned on the mic. Your taking a 50 year old man and putting him against not only one of the best wrestlers in the world today, but also one of the best promo artist around today.