PDA

View Full Version : Mistico made Sin Cara, no Hunico!

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-30-2011, 06:47 PM
It is one thing that WWE plans to part ways with Mistico for backstage reasons, but it is another thing when they plan to take a character that HE MADE POPULAR off of his sweat and hardwork and try to have someone else carry it for financial and political reasons. If WWE doesn't want to get rid of Sin Cara, then why the fuck don't they just keep Mistico around and work with him? Hunico doesn't do any better as Sin Cara working inside the ring with the talents. In fact, he botches even worst than Mistico does. At least when Mistico botched, it was still entertaining. Hunico botching is slow and even more noticable. I mean, for fuck sake, you had to REDO an entire match with him and Slater.

Also, for the reports saying Mistico is rude or arrogant backstage, maybe it is because 80% of the roster can't work his style of wrestling and he knows it. They bring this guy in straight out of mexico, don't really send him through the system to get him use to the style of WWE, don't teach him what or what not to do inside the company, and then just expect him to click within 4 months? Whatever. Honestly, that is not even the worst part. What is pissing me off is the idea of WWE parting ways with Mistico and making money off of a character HE MADE POPULAR by having someone else play as him. That is just fucked up. Mistico is Sin Cara, not Hunico, and if they're going to get rid of Mistico, then Sin Cara needs to go too.

Thoughts?

Eve's Arse No.1
08-30-2011, 06:50 PM
WWE owns the rights to the character not Mystico.

Hes only been portraying him for 3 months or so and if someone can do the job better and isnt an idiot then why not give him the job over him.

Happens alot in real life so why not in Wrestling too.

Dubs
08-30-2011, 06:50 PM
I prefer Hunico as Sin Cara then Mistico.

GreatMuta4life
08-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Despite all the botches, I prefer Mystico as Sin Cara. He's noticeably quicker and smoother than Hunico. The big issue for me is, how will the Mexican audience respond to Hunico as Sin Cara. WWE has a huge tour of Mexico coming up, which is part of the reason Del Rio is the champ. Mystico is an unbelievably huge star in his homeland, and they will know that's not Mystico under the mask. This seems like a pretty big issue.

Russo swerve
08-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Huncico doesnt botch as much as cara

kelly94
08-30-2011, 07:15 PM
It is one thing that WWE plans to part ways with Mistico for backstage reasons, but it is another thing when they plan to take a character that HE MADE POPULAR off of his sweat and hardwork and try to have someone else carry it for financial and political reasons. If WWE doesn't want to get rid of Sin Cara, then why the fuck don't they just keep Mistico around and work with him? Hunico doesn't do any better as Sin Cara working inside the ring with the talents. In fact, he botches even worst than Mistico does. At least when Mistico botched, it was still entertaining. Hunico botching is slow and even more noticable. I mean, for fuck sake, you had to REDO an entire match with him and Slater.

Also, for the reports saying Mistico is rude or arrogant backstage, maybe it is because 80% of the roster can't work his style of wrestling and he knows it. They bring this guy in straight out of mexico, don't really send him through the system to get him use to the style of WWE, don't teach him what or what not to do inside the company, and then just expect him to click within 4 months? Whatever. Honestly, that is not even the worst part. What is pissing me off is the idea of WWE parting ways with Mistico and making money off of a character HE MADE POPULAR by having someone else play as him. That is just fucked up. Mistico is Sin Cara, not Hunico, and if they're going to get rid of Mistico, then Sin Cara needs to go too.

Thoughts?

just ditch the character and force rey to learn new stuff. problem solved.

kelly94
08-30-2011, 07:16 PM
I prefer Hunico as Sin Cara then Mistico.

so do i, but the mexicans will murder hunico when he comes to mexico if hes sin cara. why not ditch the sin cara character and call up hunico under his hunico gimmick, or push rey

Eve's Arse No.1
08-30-2011, 07:18 PM

Rey has like 2 years left in him

WWE needs Mexican superstars desperately and Masked faces sell alot of merchandise.

SLEEPY LOCO1
08-30-2011, 07:27 PM

Rey doesn't need to learn anything new, he has already done it all. Rey was doing the luchedore moves before anybody knew who either Sin Cara was. He is just to old and has been wrestling the WWE way for too long to change. Plus he has had too many injuries, so he doesnt move as fast as he did in his WCW days.

tshizzy34
08-30-2011, 07:30 PM
If I remember right wasn't it Mistico that had to do the retake with Slater? I believe they brought him back to do some shows and they had to refilm the Slater segment, and then the next show they decided to go back to Hunico again. Mistico just needs to go down and get some more training in, and then bring him back up and see if he can incorporate what he learned into the ring. Hunic def doesn't botch as much as Mistico did, although right now it's hard to tell who has the more explosive moves of the 2.

kelly94
08-30-2011, 07:32 PM
bring back mistico for one more match. have hunico come out as hunico post match and destroy him, saying he is sin caras long lost cousin. mistico loses a loser leaves WWE match during tour of mexico. there. problem solved.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-30-2011, 07:34 PM
bring back mistico for one more match. have hunico come out as hunico post match and destroy him, saying he is sin caras long lost cousin. mistico loses a loser leaves WWE match during tour of mexico. there. problem solved.

No it will confuse the kids and idiots who dont know what is really going on.

If anything make Mystico come in as Sin Caras evil brother or something

AOF666
08-30-2011, 07:49 PM
WWE owns the rights to the character not Mystico.

Hes only been portraying him for 3 months or so and if someone can do the job better and isnt an idiot then why not give him the job over him.

Happens alot in real life so why not in Wrestling too.

Not sure if WWE owns the rights to Sin Cara. WWE forgot to copy right the name in Mexico.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Not sure if WWE owns the rights to Sin Cara. WWE forgot to copy right the name in Mexico.

True my bad they are having issues with it

The Brown One
08-30-2011, 08:06 PM

I'm sorry, but this was just funny :)
They already tried this angle with Cena, just for fun. Remember John Cena's cousin "Juan Cena"? He wore the exact same attire and his finisher was the AA. It didn't go too well, and was taken as a joke by most people.

Anyway, I think that Hunico should replace Mistico as the Sin Cara character. If Mistico did return, he would continue botching, as its difficult to tone down your wrestling style to that of the WWE. Whilst Hunico has the WWE style down, and botches slightly less than Mistico. Also, the Sin Cara character has only been around for a few months, and is already hugely popular with the crowd. I remember when Hunico took Cara's place on Smackdown a few weeks ago, and still got a huge reception from the fans. Now that should tell everyone that the Cara character is popular, regardless of who dons the mask.

maar13
08-30-2011, 08:24 PM
so do i, but the mexicans will murder hunico when he comes to mexico if hes sin cara. why not ditch the sin cara character and call up hunico under his hunico gimmick, or push rey

Yes, he is going to be killed here, the Mexican commentators are already crapping on him, not the WWE spanish broadcast, but the ones from the Mexican networks keeps sayin "he is not the original" and stuff like that. Personally like Mystico better, but if Hunico gets the nod at the end, I really don't care mutch.

maar13
08-30-2011, 08:26 PM

Nope, they don't, they haven't been able to register it just yet and apparently CMLL has the rights in Mexico.

Royce
08-30-2011, 09:16 PM
This has been mentioned in other posts, but i honestly do believe they are going to do a "good cara vs. evil cara" feud... With what transpired on smackdown i think it is a sign of things to come... I dont believe the news that said they were firing him...

wrestlingfan66513
08-30-2011, 09:41 PM
If I remember right wasn't it Mistico that had to do the retake with Slater? I believe they brought him back to do some shows and they had to refilm the Slater segment, and then the next show they decided to go back to Hunico again. Mistico just needs to go down and get some more training in, and then bring him back up and see if he can incorporate what he learned into the ring. Hunic def doesn't botch as much as Mistico did, although right now it's hard to tell who has the more explosive moves of the 2.

That was Hunico against Slater, and I think he should do a new character and feud with Mistico. I think this will come back to bite WWE in the future if they try to recruit new stars from Mexico.

pauadrian
08-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Yes, he is going to be killed here, the Mexican commentators are already crapping on him, not the WWE spanish broadcast, but the ones from the Mexican networks keeps sayin "he is not the original" and stuff like that. Personally like Mystico better, but if Hunico gets the nod at the end, I really don't care mutch.

televisa? you mean

VanHooliganX
08-30-2011, 10:00 PM
I love how people focus on Botches too much...

3 months Sin Cara has existed. X amount of botches therefore the FCW trained(meaning he's better at WWE style wrestling) must be better.
Well duh.

Patience is a Virtue.

SilverGhost
08-30-2011, 10:15 PM
I love how people focus on Botches too much.

Pretty much this.

Its NOT easy having to wrestle the lucha style against someone who doesn't know it. Wrestling fans these days....

Dubs
08-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Either way, I prefer Hunico. He seems like a pretty good replacement and hes more coordinated then Mistico in the ring.

SilverGhost
08-30-2011, 10:35 PM
Bad for business if Mistico is really replaced. They have to keep the man.

nrb6304
08-31-2011, 12:23 AM
This is what happens when you don't let a wrestler go to developmental first. The only people in the WWE that could wrestle Sin Cara's style were/is Chavo G. ADR (was really excited for that match tonight) and Rey Mysterio (Sin Cara isn't touching Rey for a LONG LONG time) And as we know CHAVO GONE! And after all the hype about Sin Cara's debut they CAN'T just take him off TV for however long Mistico is gonna be gone. You just CAN'T do that. So from my personal point of view. I say switch em. Let Mistico go to FCW and work under Huncio and keep him there till he's freaking ready to preform at the WWE level.

Everybody always complains that WWE sends ppl to FCW, but THIS RIGHT HERE is a perfect example of WHY IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

When you go to a different country you have an adapting period where you have to learn the language the culture and the streets and etc. And if you don't you'll be lost forever.
SAME DAMN THING!
WWE is it's own style and brand of wrestling. Look at the WcW invasion angle. Even a top notch athlete like Booker T looked a little out of place.
Nothing against Mistico, but if you're gonna join the WWE you need to LEARN their style.

Hell he needed to learn AMERICAN style of wrestling. (LITTLE KNOWN FACT: American wrestlers work the left side ALWAYS LEFT. When you grab a guys arm to shoot them off, LEFT ARM. It's one of the first things you learn as a professional wrestler. In Mexico in Lucha Libre....IT'S THE RIGHT! You grab his right arm to shoot him off. ALWAYS RIGHT! Anything else is just weird.)

The Brown One
08-31-2011, 12:28 AM
(LITTLE KNOWN FACT: American wrestlers work the left side ALWAYS LEFT. When you grab a guys arm to shoot them off, LEFT ARM. It's one of the first things you learn as a professional wrestler. In Mexico in Lucha Libre....IT'S THE RIGHT! You grab his right arm to shoot him off. ALWAYS RIGHT! Anything else is just weird.)

How the hell do you know that???

Dubs
08-31-2011, 12:37 AM
Mistico brought this on himself to be honest.

nrb6304
08-31-2011, 12:48 AM
How the hell do you know that???

I live in San Antonio, TX half of the indy promotions down here are lucha libre. I've been training on and off again for the past 3 years to be a professional wrestler lol. These are the things they teach you. Go and youtube a AAA match and then go youtube any american match and just REALLY REALLY REALLY look. You'll see.

It's when you know and see things like that, that you can understand why Mistico should be in FCW instead of Smackdown

maar13
08-31-2011, 10:51 AM
televisa? you mean

Yes, because The Spanish broadcast form WWE is very, very supportive of their own product, but Televisa commentators and TV Azteca commentators (since he most of the time appears in both, Raw and Smackdown) crap all over him during his matches.

maar13
08-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Either way, I prefer Hunico. He seems like a pretty good replacement and hes more coordinated then Mistico in the ring.

The thing here is that there shouldn't be a replacement. I mean it was a big deal to get the guy off Mexico, just to change him with someone everyone knows it is not him. It was WWE flop not letting him go to Developmental or to put him to train during those 30 days. They made such a huge deal out of it that they shoot themselves in the foot.

I mean, yes we have heard of the attitude backstage but forget about that, that you can correct with time, maybe not in the US, but down here, which was the purpose of hiring the guy in the first place, everyone knows is not him.

Second, I really don't thing that Hunico is more coordinated in the ring, he is more used to the style, but Mystico if you see him run those ropes, and jump on them, he is very coordinated, what he is missing is the pace and timing there. Also, the rings are different, those ropes are way looser than the ones in the ring of CMLL and most rings in this case.

Dubs
08-31-2011, 12:02 PM
The thing here is that there shouldn't be a replacement. I mean it was a big deal to get the guy off Mexico, just to change him with someone everyone knows it is not him. It was WWE flop not letting him go to Developmental or to put him to train during those 30 days. They made such a huge deal out of it that they shoot themselves in the foot.

I mean, yes we have heard of the attitude backstage but forget about that, that you can correct with time, maybe not in the US, but down here, which was the purpose of hiring the guy in the first place, everyone knows is not him.

Second, I really don't thing that Hunico is more coordinated in the ring, he is more used to the style, but Mystico if you see him run those ropes, and jump on them, he is very coordinated, what he is missing is the pace and timing there. Also, the rings are different, those ropes are way looser than the ones in the ring of CMLL and most rings in this case.

Well, IMO Hunico is more coordinated then Mystico. Also, like I said, Mystico brought all of this on himself with reports of his bad attitude and other things going on with him backstage. He shouldn't just come back as Sin Cara just because hes over in Mexico.

maar13
08-31-2011, 02:12 PM
Well, IMO Hunico is more coordinated then Mystico. Also, like I said, Mystico brought all of this on himself with reports of his bad attitude and other things going on with him backstage. He shouldn't just come back as Sin Cara just because hes over in Mexico.

My point is not really to justify the guy, but he was contracted to be a character, instead of just give up on him and keep the mask in someone else, should find a way to make it work, send him to polish that, kept him off TV until he learns how to go.

And sorry but the issue of him being over in Mexico, well the point was to hire the guy that was most over in the country and send him to the big one so they could reach a better Latino market (which is grabbed by Rey) and to grab more the attention of the market that is supposed to be the strongest one for them (besides US according to reports) with these wrestlers.

In that regard, it would be better to write the character off, not to scratch Hunico, he can comeback as someone else, but people here know who SinCara is or was, The commentators (which I consider completely unprofessional) are crapping all over the character (they are trying to sound smart but all that they do is look like jack asses) already and it will be difficult for Hunico when they come here for the tour.

I agree He shouldn't just comeback because he is over here, but what I am saying is about the character, either bring the guy you hired to play that role back or don't bring the character back at all.

Dubs
08-31-2011, 03:26 PM
My point is not really to justify the guy, but he was contracted to be a character, instead of just give up on him and keep the mask in someone else, should find a way to make it work, send him to polish that, kept him off TV until he learns how to go.

And sorry but the issue of him being over in Mexico, well the point was to hire the guy that was most over in the country and send him to the big one so they could reach a better Latino market (which is grabbed by Rey) and to grab more the attention of the market that is supposed to be the strongest one for them (besides US according to reports) with these wrestlers.

In that regard, it would be better to write the character off, not to scratch Hunico, he can comeback as someone else, but people here know who SinCara is or was, The commentators (which I consider completely unprofessional) are crapping all over the character (they are trying to sound smart but all that they do is look like jack asses) already and it will be difficult for Hunico when they come here for the tour.

I agree He shouldn't just comeback because he is over here, but what I am saying is about the character, either bring the guy you hired to play that role back or don't bring the character back at all.

I understand what you are saying. However, Mystico's attitude and reports of failing the wellness policy is his own fault of self-destruction. Is it a bad business move? Yeah but at least WWE is trying to keep the character going by having Hunico fill in for Sin Cara. I hate that Hunico is playing a role for somebody else but at least hes getting some air-time.

I'm not saying that Hunico should be a permanent replacement as Sin Cara but if Mystico doesn't clean up his act, then Hunico should be a replacement as Sin Cara whether its a bad decision or not. Though, it isn't that bad of a decision depending on how over the Sin Cara character is with the younger viewers but I can see it being a bad decision sine Mystico is over and Mexico.

Y2Jryder
08-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Please guys stop making threads about Sin Cara.
What's the big deal about the guy????