PDA

View Full Version : Whats the big deal with orton?

nature boy
08-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Hey guys,

I hardly post, but read almost every entry in the wwe forum, you guys are extremely knowledgeable and opinionated, so I'd like to ask a question..

What really is the big deal with randy orton? His moveset is limited..he smiles like a disabled child when he's a face, speaks like a mentally retarded person when he's heel, and his charisma is very nearly nil. He lacks the priceless ability to improvise in the ring and on the mic...I'll give it to orton, he runs with the ball when its his chance, but what really is the big deal with him?

Thanks in advance for your opinions..

Eve's Arse No.1
08-30-2011, 06:23 PM
He was excellent when he started with Evolution, when they turned against him was actually my favorite Evolution storyline. Then he had an excellent rivalry with The Undertaker and had a great Legend Killer Gimmick.

After that though he went off track. I think its because hes done everything there is to do i mean hes been in Two Major factions, hes been champion countless many times and for alot of fans like myself they dont like seeing the same old crap which is what he is now doing.

His Mic Skills are seriously week and the fact that he dosent work as a face has damaged him for a few fans.

But he was never that bad in the ring and has a excellent finisher.

KingOrton
08-30-2011, 06:27 PM
Randy Orton is one of the greatest heels.

Randy Orton IMO is an alright face. Way better as a heel though.

On topic: Randy Orton infact does not have a limited move set. He is no Punk but its the wwe. They do this with Cena and Orton, they give them these 5 moves of doom because you are less likely to get injured during the match when you are only doing these moves. And for younger people it tells them "Oh he is about to win." Its smart if you really thing about it but it does dilute WRESTLING.

Russo swerve
08-30-2011, 06:28 PM
I actually like orton. And did u ever think that the reason he talks like that is because its part of his character????hum just a thought

Tomsta666
08-30-2011, 06:29 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/family_guy_greased_up_deaf_guy_RE_Who_would_you_wa nt_to_Narrate_your_life-s270x265-92267.jpg

Russo swerve
08-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Randy Orton is one of the greatest heels.

Randy Orton IMO is an alright face. Way better as a heel though.

On topic: Randy Orton infact does not have a limited move set. He is no Punk but its the wwe. They do this with Cena and Orton, they give them these 5 moves of doom because you are less likely to get injured during the match when you are only doing these moves. And for younger people it tells them "Oh he is about to win." Its smart if you really thing about it but it does dilute WRESTLING.

And this is why vinnie mac is a wrestling genius

Eve's Arse No.1
08-30-2011, 06:30 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/family_guy_greased_up_deaf_guy_RE_Who_would_you_wa nt_to_Narrate_your_life-s270x265-92267.jpg

Yep we all know Greased Up Deaf Guy was based on Randy Orton

Necroyeti
08-30-2011, 06:34 PM

HOLY SHIT

The resemblance is uncanny

SilverGhost
08-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Randy Orton swims in baby oil?

Eve's Arse No.1
08-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Randy Orton swims in baby oil?

No Randy Orton is were Baby Oil comes from he sweats it

GreatMuta4life
08-30-2011, 06:37 PM
You have to realize what an insane responsibility "carrying the ball" is. Orton is reliable and represents the company well(aside from a few incidents that have been well documented). I think he's as boring as dry toast, but he's capable of a decent matches and he is a polished star.

Y2J___Y2J
08-30-2011, 06:42 PM
I think his move set is limited nowadays but that's not really his fault.

The guy was awesome as a heel (before the whole Viper gimmick) .. Legend Killer gimmick was cool.
He can't play a face .!!! He's the anti guy. People loved him because he's anti-establishment but lately WWE turned him into Smackdown's Cena.

Orton does turn up the heat when needs be and can put on very good matches..

He's a guy they turn to in time of need nowadays.
Reliable.. describes him and Cena

68wPayne
08-30-2011, 06:42 PM
I don't like Orton but most of my opinions on him are on a personal level. On a professional level he is an average to above average performer as a heel.

tshizzy34
08-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Randy Orton has way more moves than Cena. It just depends on when and if he chooses to showcase them to us all. Orton will probably and eventually be the next hated Cena!

AOF666
08-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Randy Orton has way more moves than Cena. It just depends on when and if he chooses to showcase them to us all. Orton will probably and eventually be the next hated Cena!

He might be already. Can't tell with over dub crowds on Smackdown. I know I do, never did like him.

The Brown One
08-30-2011, 07:51 PM
There is nothing special about this face Orton. Hes beginning to have Cena-like matches, where he gets beatdown for the whole match and then comes out of nowhere with his signature moves and RKO. Also, his promos are horrible to listen to. However, hes the WWE's second top face, and given how popular he is with the fans, this version of Orton is going to be around for a long time.

tshizzy34
08-30-2011, 08:28 PM
There is nothing special about this face Orton. Hes beginning to have Cena-like matches, where he gets beatdown for the whole match and then comes out of nowhere with his signature moves and RKO. Also, his promos are horrible to listen to. However, hes the WWE's second top face, and given how popular he is with the fans, this version of Orton is going to be around for a long time.

Agreed he needs to just go back full heel, and start doing his fucken insane-o stuff again, that was entertaining lol. Not to mention wasn't he well liked as a heel anyways, almost as much as a face.

GR81
08-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Orton is good. He's a great worker, has a good finisher and consistently puts on good matches. He's a lot better as a heel but he gets so over as a heel that they have to turn him face.

Dubs
08-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Randy Orton sucks as a heel. He does nothing but headlocks, robotic body movements, and his WWE title reigns as a heel were unbearable. His Legend Killer gimmick was great but his Viper gimmick as a heel were boring.

Randy Orton as a face is tolerable. He has had some great matches nowadays like in his recent match with Dolf Ziggler on Raw and his Viper gimmick is really over with the younger kids. He just needs to put more work on the mic skills.

BlazersDozen
08-31-2011, 12:42 AM
Randy Orton used to be awesome...my favorite guy when he was in Evolution.

He ruins good matches to me because I see the clotheslines then the ddt through the ropes & I know the match is over. Tonight's match with Christian was awesome & I liked how Christian had Orton spread out his 5 moves.

Also, IMO they are killing the RKO. Its supposed to be a finisher that comes out of nowhere & now they are putting a build up to it & its totally killing the end of his matches. I miss when RKOs came from nowhere at any point in a match.

evilgenius780
08-31-2011, 01:31 AM
I think we have still gotten to see RKO's out of nowhere fairly often. I have never been the biggest Orton fan but I think his fued with Christian has been some of his best work, at least in the ring. Like many, I liked him more as a rising Legend Killer.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-31-2011, 01:45 AM
1.) His match at this years WrestleMania with CM Punk was AMAZING! Neither of them carried each other, they BOTH brought it.

2.) His match at this years SumerSlam with Christian was AMAZING! It was amazing because it was a botchfest and a half but to me, that made it all the more entertaining and... "real".

3.) His match this past Monday with Dolph Ziggler was fantastic as well. That match for the 9 minutes we saw of it was off the charts. Great match by both guys.

It seems to me that 2011 has been a banter year for Orton. A high profile feud with CM Punk into a Championship feud with Christian and has been having great matches. I think he's trying to GIVE his character some personality. His character has that leeway I think as to where he can literally SNAP at any moment. And there's no telling what he could do next. I just got done watching his "Evolution Of A Predator" documentary a few hours ago and it's amazing. Very detailed and gives you a ton of knowledge on Orton behind the scenes. Truly shows how much of a dick he is. Which is weird considering how big of a name he is. But, it also shows you how he's progressed within his attitude, shows you him sitting there playing with his daughter and all of her pink things, it's cute. You see him for who he is now. And I believe we'll be seeing a lot more of that "realness" coming out of him soon enough. He's not been the greatest person outside of the ring but, he's great in the ring.

steveorton
08-31-2011, 07:21 AM
I actually like orton. And did u ever think that the reason he talks like that is because its part of his character????hum just a thought

WTF Russo Swerve an Orton fan, now thats a fucking swerve, you should teach Russo lol, I'm jus sayin...

steveorton
08-31-2011, 07:23 AM
1.) His match at this years WrestleMania with CM Punk was AMAZING! Neither of them carried each other, they BOTH brought it.

2.) His match at this years SumerSlam with Christian was AMAZING! It was amazing because it was a botchfest and a half but to me, that made it all the more entertaining and... "real".

3.) His match this past Monday with Dolph Ziggler was fantastic as well. That match for the 9 minutes we saw of it was off the charts. Great match by both guys.

It seems to me that 2011 has been a banter year for Orton. A high profile feud with CM Punk into a Championship feud with Christian and has been having great matches. I think he's trying to GIVE his character some personality. His character has that leeway I think as to where he can literally SNAP at any moment. And there's no telling what he could do next. I just got done watching his "Evolution Of A Predator" documentary a few hours ago and it's amazing. Very detailed and gives you a ton of knowledge on Orton behind the scenes. Truly shows how much of a dick he is. Which is weird considering how big of a name he is. But, it also shows you how he's progressed within his attitude, shows you him sitting there playing with his daughter and all of her pink things, it's cute. You see him for who he is now. And I believe we'll be seeing a lot more of that "realness" coming out of him soon enough. He's not been the greatest person outside of the ring but, he's great in the ring.

Quoted for truth, I'm jus sayin...

johnnydropkicks
08-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Hey guys,

I hardly post, but read almost every entry in the wwe forum, you guys are extremely knowledgeable and opinionated, so I'd like to ask a question..

What really is the big deal with randy orton? His moveset is limited..he smiles like a disabled child when he's a face, speaks like a mentally retarded person when he's heel, and his charisma is very nearly nil. He lacks the priceless ability to improvise in the ring and on the mic...I'll give it to orton, he runs with the ball when its his chance, but what really is the big deal with him?

Thanks in advance for your opinions..

wow I can't agree with any of this.

Orton is a fucking straight pro in the ring. Greatest of all his strengths is his ability to work on the fly. He improvises frequently. I'd say you don't see it because he's so damn good at it it's very subtle. He is also full able to improvise on the mic. He brings more tone and variance and character to his promos all the time.

You got a point on the smile though it's a little silly haha. But I don't where you're coming from on his charisma. Just cause Jericho said it don't make it true. Orton is one of the most magnetic personalities there is. His look despite being the generic bad guy is very good. He has made so much of his in-ring offense his own through this snake-movement style that he delivers everything with.

Orton is the deal