PDA

View Full Version : Owen Hargreaves joins Manchester City

Juvenile Junkie
08-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Worlds richest club has to sign a free agent,the only reason they did this is purely to piss off you know who,I guess he was right,they are a small minded club with a small club mentality,who probably won't play in the Champions League in 2014 as they are as far from complying to Financial Fairplay as pigs are to flying!

Leggo
08-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Firstly, cant this go in the transfer thread? Hundreds of threads for each individual topic....

On Hargreaves, really like him. But he's a liability. Shame really.

Steve Austin
08-30-2011, 01:15 PM
I agree with the above, why create another thread when you could of posted it in atleast another 4 threads. Hargreaves is a quality player when fit and City had a bid rejected for Van Bommel, they need another CM and a quality one, why pass up the opportunity to sign one as good as Hargreaves on a free. They wouldn't just sign him because he is a former United player.

Automatic
08-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Owen hargreaves? When was the last time he was relevant.

Androo
08-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Firstly, cant this go in the transfer thread? Hundreds of threads for each individual topic....

On Hargreaves, really like him. But he's a liability. Shame really.

Exactly! Sports board is becoming an all-out CLUSTERFUCK!! And it's nearly pretty much all down to the OP.

Hargreaves. It was free, he's not gonna do much, but it is cover for when Yaya Toure and other Africans (if they have any, I can't recall) go off for the African Cup of Nations. If he is fit.

Juvenile Junkie
08-30-2011, 01:59 PM
You have hurt my feelings and damaged me emotionally

Leggo
08-30-2011, 02:25 PM
You have hurt my feelings and damaged me emotionally

For real?... Or sarcasm?

I for one enjoy your views on the whole football discussion mate. I may not agree with them all (lol), but I think there are threads already set up for the topics. Why have a thread for different topics when they can be easily discussed in the existing ones.

I apologise for any upset caused.:)

Juvenile Junkie
08-30-2011, 02:57 PM
I apologise for any upset caused.:)

Thank you,your kindness and generosity is an example to all,you inspire me to be a bett................................nah,won't go there

Tommy Thunder
08-30-2011, 03:59 PM
I can't believe this. As a United fan I'm very disappointed in the guy.

IF he manages to stay fit, he'll be a great asset to City. A fully fit Hargreaves shits on Barry and De-Jong IMO.

eboy
08-30-2011, 04:10 PM
http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/meh.jpg

VanHooliganX
08-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Owen hargreaves? When was the last time he was relevant.

Hahaha We did? Awesome XD

Never really thought he was good and I hope he likes the reserves but thats brilliant lol

Juvenile Junkie
08-31-2011, 05:53 AM
Owen Hargreaves is just a spite signing

Tommy Thunder
08-31-2011, 06:48 AM
To be fair, I can't see much blame on him.
He offered to stay at united and play for free, and fergie told him that he should be getting payed to play somewhere, and let him go. He's probably settled in manchester. He's not exactly a legend, or a true united boy.
Although I'm disappointed that he's going to City of all places, I still wish him good luck.

Kenny_Penfold
08-31-2011, 09:02 AM
Madcini signing his 316th defensive midfielder? OMG really? I thought City were going all out to attack? Hargreaves was class five years ago and we could've maybe done something if he had stayed fully fit. Not now though and he won't even play. I can't see it being a ploy to get back at United because the kid played four seconds in three seasons (roughly).

Juvenile Junkie
08-31-2011, 09:07 AM
How many pre-Thaksin Shinawatra players are left?
How many Sven Goran Eriksen signings are left?
How many Mark Hughes signings are left?

Their turnnover of players is ridiculous

JackManCityBoy
09-01-2011, 12:14 PM
love the way people bash city for signing a hargreave people oan when we spend over the odds on a player and moan when we dont people who have said hes better than de-jong please never comment again lol and the fact he is cover for yaya ok ?? hes an attacking player for us all i can say to all you red nose bastards how many of you actually go to games let alone even went to the last derby

VanHooliganX
09-01-2011, 12:21 PM
love the way people bash city for signing a hargreave people oan when we spend over the odds on a player and moan when we dont people who have said hes better than de-jong please never comment again lol and the fact he is cover for yaya ok ?? hes an attacking player for us all i can say to all you red nose bastards how many of you actually go to games let alone even went to the last derby

Amen brother!

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:25 PM

Use sentence structure its very hard to read. But DE JONG is a class player my favorite DM who ever says Hargreaves at his current level is better then him are just stupid. I mean Barry is closer to Hargreaves.

And yeah that Yaya crap that guy is an excellent attacking midfielder

VanHooliganX
09-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Use sentence structure its very hard to read. But DE JONG is a class player my favorite DM who ever says Hargreaves at his current level is better then him are just stupid. I mean Barry is closer to Hargreaves.

Barry and Milner > Lampard and Gerrard for England.
those 2 can't work together (Actually Lampard can't play at all) and shouldn't play together.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:29 PM
those 2 can't work together (Actually Lampard can't play at all) and shouldn't play together.

LOL Barry is far too slow for international football and is highly overated. Gerrard is excellent for England so i disagree with you there.

Englands midfield should be reading from left to right, Young, Gerrard, Wilshire, Walcott end of

Steve Austin
09-01-2011, 12:32 PM

Woah! It's all Lampards fault, he's useless unless he can stand on the edge of the area all game and wait for the ball Gerrard was carrying him all those years, its about time he was just dropped. When all players are fit I'm thinking it will be a 4-3-3 with Wilshere/Parker/Gerrard. Maybe Milner if he gets more game time.

Edit: I forgot to metion that Gerrard is England best player other than Rooney and is their best midfielder and should of been appointed captain when Terry was striped, if it wasn't for Capello and his Italian ways of appointing a CB as captain we would be.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Woah! It's all Lampards fault, he's useless unless he can stand on the edge of the area all game and wait for the ball Gerrard was carrying him all those years, its about time he was just dropped. When all players are fit I'm thinking it will be a 4-3-3 with Wilshere/Parker/Gerrard. Maybe Milner if he gets more game time.

Parker is too old to start on the international scene if we are to add a new midfielder let it be Rodwell

Steve Austin
09-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Parker is too old to start on the international scene if we are to add a new midfielder let it be Rodwell

He has been in recently though and is playing well, I agree with you on youth coming in but get rid of Lampard not Parker because Parker has been playing well.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:40 PM
He has been in recently though and is playing well, I agree with you on youth coming in but get rid of Lampard not Parker because Parker has been playing well.

so does lampard for chelsea though these young players need to be adapted to International football thats why we shouldnt call anyone up over 28 if there isnt a crisis.

And i cant believe i forgot Cleverly he will partner Wilshire in the future

Steve Austin
09-01-2011, 12:42 PM
so does lampard for chelsea though these young players need to be adapted to International football thats why we shouldnt call anyone up over 28 if there isnt a crisis.

And i cant believe i forgot Cleverly he will partner Wilshire in the future

Oh yeah I picked him in my future England team that I put on a different thread.

VanHooliganX
09-01-2011, 12:45 PM
LOL Barry is far too slow for international football and is highly overated. Gerrard is excellent for England so i disagree with you there.
Englands midfield should be reading from left to right, Young, Gerrard, Wilshire, Walcott end of

100% incorrect. Did wonders (In others words dragged) for Aston Villa before Man City got him and he's played brilliant.
Unsung hero for whoever he plays, doesn't score a lot but sets so many up

and in order: GOD NO!, for now yes, too young and yes.

True Young scored for us vs. Switzerland last game but missed 2 piss easy shots at goal that even I could of scored, and you want him in our 4?

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Oh yeah I picked him in my future England team that I put on a different thread.

Thats why i think 4 4 2

Young is excellent on the left, Cleverly has show he could be an amazing attacking midfield, Wilshire is like Schole but he can tackle and Walcott is an obvious choice

VanHooliganX
09-01-2011, 12:48 PM

Edit: I forgot to metion that Gerrard is England best player other than Rooney and is their best midfielder and should of been appointed captain when Terry was striped, if it wasn't for Capello and his Italian ways of appointing a CB as captain we would be.

Agreed, his talent is dragging Gerrard down.

I mean name 1 time Lampard scored for England...That WASN'T a penalty (and he should of missed the last few as well)

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:50 PM
100% incorrect. Did wonders (In others words dragged) for Aston Villa before Man City got him and he's played brilliant.
Unsung hero for whoever he plays, doesn't score a lot but sets so many up

and in order: GOD NO!, for now yes, too young and yes.

True Young scored for us vs. Switzerland last game but missed 2 piss easy shots at goal that even I could of scored, and you want him in our 4?

Wow we need to devlope young players for international football.

And didnt last year Wilshire get young player of the year(maybe wrong) and got into the premier league team of the year. I mean saying hes too young is bullshit he plays with more maturity and ability then most players so why shouldnt he start.

And again sorry bu players slow down when they get older so dont let the fact that be plays for you cloud your judgement of him he is faaar to slow hes part of the reason why Germany destroyed us in the world cup was because he couldnt handle the pace of the game.

VanHooliganX
09-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Wow we need to devlope young players for international football.

And didnt last year Wilshire get young player of the year(maybe wrong) and got into the premier league team of the year. I mean saying hes too young is bullshit he plays with more maturity and ability then most players so why shouldnt he start.

And again sorry bu players slow down when they get older so dont let the fact that be plays for you cloud your judgement of him he is faaar to slow hes part of the reason why Germany destroyed us in the world cup was because he couldnt handle the pace of the game.

True, youth is important. But you can't just throw him into the qualifying games. They need to do the route they've done with Walcott and Adam Johnson. Not playing every match but gaining the experience needed.

Posession is 9/10 of the law, not speed.

Eve's Arse No.1
09-01-2011, 12:56 PM
True, youth is important. But you can't just throw him into the qualifying games. They need to do the route they've done with Walcott and Adam Johnson. Not playing every match but gaining the experience needed.

Posession is 9/10 of the law, not speed.

Yeah but you lose posession or miss place a pass and you cant keep up or catch the player that = goal

So when Wilshire is proven at champions league football(excellent against Barca) and has proven himself in an England shirt he should be dropped because hes too young? I mean seriously thats your logic?

Automatic
09-01-2011, 01:28 PM

If they managed to get Van Bommel play together with De Jong, that would qualify as fucking smart. This however only gives me questionmarks.

JackManCityBoy
09-02-2011, 04:03 AM

sorry but if i said it in person would have no sentance structure as it would come out in on big rant

Juvenile Junkie
09-02-2011, 05:02 AM
If they managed to get Van Bommel play together with De Jong, that would qualify as fucking smart. This however only gives me questionmarks.

Van Bommel is worldclass,and would die for Holland,big difference

VanHooliganX
09-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Yeah but you lose posession or miss place a pass and you cant keep up or catch the player that = goal

So when Wilshire is proven at champions league football(excellent against Barca) and has proven himself in an England shirt he should be dropped because hes too young? I mean seriously thats your logic?

That could be said about any situation in football though. Defender passes back could equal a goal. Failing a counter attack could equal a goal. Using all your speed early on could equal a goal. Speed is a good advantage but not a key element.

But your logic is he's had a few good games and he hasn't proven anything with England. Adam Johnson has proved himself more than Wilshire for England and you're picking him over Johnson?
I mean seriously is that your logic?