PDA

View Full Version : A question that I cant answer. I need some help.

Tha Crows Nest
10-06-2010, 12:55 PM
I have been a wrestling fan for a while now. I am 22 years old and my dad has had me into wrestling for as long as I can remember. Now that I am 22 of course all my friends think it is dumb but what can I say I love it and its family tradition and now I pass it down to my son. Me and my dad were talking last night and I brought up a great question that we really were curious about the answer. So I figured the best way to find the answer would be to ask the board here.

How many superstars have become a World Champion but have never become a Mid Card or Tag Champion. I know that Sheamus has done it thus far and I believe the only Title Brock won was a main event title but i couldnt recall any others so now I ask you guys to name a few people that have never won a mid card or tag championship but have won a World Title.

SgtGohan
10-06-2010, 01:06 PM
ehm the great kahli.

cajl616
10-06-2010, 01:41 PM
I have been a wrestling fan for a while now. I am 22 years old and my dad has had me into wrestling for as long as I can remember. Now that I am 22 of course all my friends think it is dumb but what can I say I love it and its family tradition and now I pass it down to my son. Me and my dad were talking last night and I brought up a great question that we really were curious about the answer. So I figured the best way to find the answer would be to ask the board here.

How many superstars have become a World Champion but have never become a Mid Card or Tag Champion. I know that Sheamus has done it thus far and I believe the only Title Brock won was a main event title but i couldnt recall any others so now I ask you guys to name a few people that have never won a mid card or tag championship but have won a World Title.

Wade barret pretty soon

merhardt03
10-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Hulk hogan.... Sgt slaughter....

JLeeDude1892
10-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Randy Orton.
Sheamus.
Brock Lesnar.
Big Show.
Undertaker.
Hulk Hogan.
Kane.

Are the most recent once, dating back to 1998.
All the ones that I listed, had the WWE Championship, or the World Championship and didn't get a Mid-Card or Tag Belt until later in their career.

Scottland
10-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Wade barret pretty soon

No, Barrett won't be on that list. All signs are pointing of him losing to begin the fall of Nexus.

shanethewolf
10-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Ones I haven't seen mentioned:

Yokozuna, Sid Justice, Goldberg and Diesel, though he might've won the tag belts when he returned to WWE with the NWO.

I'm not 100% though so don't take it as fact.

I also think Vince McMahon won the WWE title, but never any of the midcard ones.

cubco
10-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Randy Orton.
Sheamus.
Brock Lesnar.
Big Show.
Undertaker.
Hulk Hogan.
Kane.

All the ones that I listed, had the WWE Championship, or the World Championship and didn't get a Mid-Card or Tag Belt until later in their career.

Randy Orton had a few tag/intercontinental reigns when he was in Evolution before winning a world title.
I would imagine that Big Show won a tag title before a world title, same with Kane.

vbirwin
10-06-2010, 03:52 PM
David Arquette...

heh heh, had to love WCW booking....

Justdawg08
10-06-2010, 03:55 PM
no Kane won the title back in June 1998, pretty sure it was his first belt back then.

NWOMyGawd
10-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Randy Orton.
Sheamus.
Brock Lesnar.
Big Show.
Undertaker.
Hulk Hogan.
Kane.

Randy Orton - IC Champion once Tag Team Champion once
Big Show - Tag Team Champion 7 times, U.S. Champion once, Hardcore Champion 3 times
Undertaker - Tag Team Champion 7 times, Hardcore Champion once
Hulk Hogan - Tag Team Champion once (with Edge)
Kane - Intercontinental Champion 2 times, Tag Team Champion 9 times, Hardcore Champion once

He was asking for never become midcard or tag team champion. Not champions who haven't reached that point yet.

Sheamus, Brock Lesnar, Sgt. Slaughter, Sycho Sid, Goldberg and Mr. Mcmahon are the only 6 that I can remember who have won a World Championship in WWE without winning a mid-card or tag team championship ever.

IrkenInvader
10-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Randy Orton.
Sheamus.
Brock Lesnar.
Big Show.
Undertaker.
Hulk Hogan.
Kane.

" Orton soon defeated Rob Van Dam for the WWE Intercontinental Championship at Armageddon on December 14, 2003" he didn't win WHC until '04
If you count the king of the ring as mid card Lesnar won that before WWE champ.

NWOMyGawd
10-06-2010, 04:12 PM
I forgot The Great Khali....so there have been 7 since the signing of Hulk Hogan to WWE. I think it is a matter of time before Wade Barrett joins this club. Although he probably won't be in it for long. I see a long run ahead of Wade Barrett.

Robstar
10-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Hogan held the tag belts with Edge. Pretty sure Kane was tag champ with X-Pac, as well as 'Taker & Mankind. Undertaker held the belts with Stone Cold too.

Otherwise look here -
http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/worldtagteam/
here -
http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/

Or Wiki it. It's all online somewhere!

Hesterica
10-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Randy Orton.
Sheamus.
Brock Lesnar.
Big Show.
Undertaker.
Hulk Hogan.
Kane.

Orton was an Intercontinental Champion for like a year before he beat Chris Benoit in Summerslam and Kane also held European, Intercon, and tag titles.

merhardt03
10-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Orton did hold the ic title for 7 months in 2003 - 2004 and won WHC Summerslam 2004. And Kanes first title was WWE title in 1st blood match June 98. And for the record Kane never held the European title.

Apollo Waits
10-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Orton was IC champ.

someguy4848
10-06-2010, 10:00 PM
would CM Punk count? he held the ECW title before the world title

taco78
10-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Kane won his world title from stone cold at King of the ring 1998 and he lost it the next nite on raw... Then at Fully loaded 1998 he tagged up with mankind to defeat stone cold and the undertaker for the tag titles

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-07-2010, 04:29 AM
My fav. would have to be Brock Lesnar hands down. The guy had it all.