PDA

View Full Version : Dolph Ziggler: "FOLLOW THAT!"

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-29-2011, 10:27 PM
I don't care what anybody says, this past RAW, Dolph Ziggler had a break out performance against Randy Orton. He truly showed us all that he is main event material with that great match against Randy Orton. I also loved how he sold the RKO at the end. Do I believe he is the best champion in WWE right now? After today, I'm beginning to believe so. Not one match topped his match against Orton, FOLLOW THAT, indeed. I hope this leads to a breakout push.

Your thoughts?

Enforcer23
08-29-2011, 10:31 PM
yeah i gotta give it to him he does a good job i just hope he gets good on the mic as i find that is his bad spot

VanHooliganX
08-29-2011, 10:53 PM
I don't care what anybody says, this past RAW, Dolph Ziggler had a break out performance against Randy Orton. He truly showed us all that he is main event material with that great match against Randy Orton. I also loved how he sold the RKO at the end. Do I believe he is the best champion in WWE right now? After today, I'm beginning to believe so. Not one match topped his match against Orton, FOLLOW THAT, indeed. I hope this leads to a breakout push.

Your thoughts?
He's a gret wrestler, really enjoyed his match vs. Edge at Royal Rumble and the smackdown matches.
Badly used for WrestleMania but the dude should be pushed very soon.

ed is dead
08-29-2011, 11:15 PM
guy's got a great look, he's a good wrestler, but he needs to dump vicky and flourish on his own. save vicky for greener wrestlers.

PatsPunkZepp
08-29-2011, 11:42 PM
behind punk he's the best thing in wwe right now imo

SESAfro
08-29-2011, 11:45 PM
guy's got a great look, he's a good wrestler, but he needs to dump vicky and flourish on his own. save vicky for greener wrestlers.
This.

behind punk he's the best thing in wwe right now imo
And this.

I will say that Vickie may be leaving him for Jack soon. Ziggles is Top 3 based on pure wrestling right now. All he can do now is go up.

Mr. McMahon
08-29-2011, 11:45 PM
fuck dolph juggler, the guy is boring as hell on the mic, get that mid carder off my tv and put someone on who can actually entertain and cut amazing promos. Mid carders these days just plain fucking suck and are boring on mic, compare them to the mid carders of yesterday: john cena, jericho, kurt angle, randy orton, triple h, eddie guerrero, booker t... all of them were entertaining and great on mic. Both swager and ziggler might put on a good match but I could care less since both lack charisma and don't hold a candle to what a true midcarder should be.

thatdevilsblue
08-30-2011, 12:12 AM
I agree...that match was easily the best of the night, Punk vs Miz being next to that...i would love to see Punk and Ziggler have a match because i'm a huge Punk fan as it is and think those two would put on an awesome match!

zrdt12
08-30-2011, 12:15 AM
In my personal opinion Randy Orton had a breakout performance that I haven't seen in a long time. Dolph did great too but he was also pushed to be strong in that match which is good. This has to be one of the 5 best matches of the year so far.

WPack911
08-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Agreed TS, this was the best match I have ever seen him wrestle even in a losing effort. He brings it like that every night and he is main event material.

luduca444
08-30-2011, 12:40 AM
wen he first appeared as dolph ziggler, doin that whole 'Hi, Im Dolph Ziggler' shit, i never thought he wuld be as good as he is today, or even lasted as long as he did

tshizzy34
08-30-2011, 01:00 AM
I was actually going to start a thread pertaining to something similar. Dolph looked great tonight and the match he had with Orton was the highlight of the night imo. That was one of the best matches I have seen all year and Dolph made than RKO look devastating at the end.

holgerwich
08-30-2011, 03:31 AM
I haven't watch the match yet, but there is no doubt Ziggler is great. Though he lack something in the character department. His mic skills aren't Punk/miz/rock level and his voice (believe me, it matters) isn't powerful enough imo. That doesn't mean he can't improve, his in ring skills speaks for it self.

Sahu
08-30-2011, 04:01 AM
He's a gret wrestler, really enjoyed his match vs. Edge at Royal Rumble and the smackdown matches.

True!! He had agreat match with Edge..I haven't seen his match with Randy but, his match with Edge was his best of all so far..

To me he's someone like Edge or Christian...who can give a great fight with any wrestler..I mean, Dolfy' performance against Kofi (a hi-flier), DBryan (Technico), Kane (Powerful) and with Edge (Tenacious).....

He can put up a great match with any wrestler of any size or any style...that'z why he's my replacement of Edge....only thing is he needs to improve his mic skills...if he can improve in that dept, he can be as successful as Edge or Christian...

Sahu
08-30-2011, 04:03 AM

True!! He had agreat match with Edge..I haven't seen his match with Randy but, his match with Edge was his best of all so far..

To me he's someone like Edge or Christian...who can give a great fight with any wrestler..I mean, Dolfy' performance against Kofi (a hi-flier), DBryan (Technico), Kane (Powerful) and with Edge (Tenacious).....

He can put up a great match with any wrestler of any size or any style...that'z why he's my replacement of Edge....only thing is he needs to improve his mic skills...if he can improve in that dept, he can be as successful as Edge or Christian...

The_Awesome_One
08-30-2011, 05:55 AM
fuck dolph juggler, the guy is boring as hell on the mic, get that mid carder off my tv and put someone on who can actually entertain and cut amazing promos. Mid carders these days just plain fucking suck and are boring on mic, compare them to the mid carders of yesterday: john cena, jericho, kurt angle, randy orton, triple h, eddie guerrero, booker t... all of them were entertaining and great on mic. Both swager and ziggler might put on a good match but I could care less since both lack charisma and don't hold a candle to what a true midcarder should be.

this is why you got releaved of your duties :~P

Tommy Thunder
08-30-2011, 06:19 AM
Dolph Ziggler has massive potential. I'm hoping the we'll see him dump Vickie (so that she can pair with Swagger who needs her more than Ziggler now), and turn face. The man is brilliant in the ring, and judging from his witty Teitter remarks and the few times he's been on commentary, I'd say he's got the mic sill too.
And I feel complied to share this since I always think of it when I think of Ziggler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WklKOk4z1HA

BlazersDozen
08-30-2011, 06:26 AM
I think a true main eventer can make other guys look better than they are. Taker, Trips, Orton (at times), Michaels, Angle, Punk & so on could do that in the ring & in promos. When he proves that to me, then I'll approve a main event spot for Ziggles

KSTornado
08-30-2011, 07:08 AM
I think one point being missed is that there were two high quality matches on Raw. Dolph definately went above and beyond as well as Orton did for a Raw match. I hope they continue to put on these type of matches on Raw for now on. You can definately see a change in WWE over the past 2 months and I am starting to like it a lot again but cudos to Dolph and Randy for putting on a ppv quality match!

Y2Jryder
08-30-2011, 07:37 AM
He sold the RKO very good.
It's a shame that he had to sell a RKO...

the wrestling shade
08-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Dolph is a super main carder in my openion, The only thing that keeps him down is a strong character. he needs to have a strong character or be himself if wwe let him to be

sincara
08-30-2011, 09:00 AM
ziggler will soon enough be a 2x world champ

Bodom
08-30-2011, 09:03 AM
Ziggler sold like a champ in that match. He could probably make me look like a million bucks.

Iron Ape
08-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Ziggler sold like a champ in that match. He could probably make me look like a million bucks.
Yup. That kid sells like a West Baltimore corner boy.

el gabo
08-30-2011, 09:30 AM
I thought this was a break out match for Orton. Cool powerbomb/cutter. They BOTH had a great match.

HBK
08-30-2011, 09:36 AM
I think Ziggler is a hell of a talent but he needs to stay in the mid-card status untill he gets better on the mic, but if they keep vickie with him i could see them 2 working with ziggler as wwe champ and her as the manager but id say those 2 will be split up within a few months

CobraNightviper
08-30-2011, 11:17 AM
That is funny and true.
Yup. That kid sells like a West Baltimore corner boy.

Automatic
08-30-2011, 11:23 AM

Your thoughts?

I'm sorry, but if you think that was his breakout match, you should re-watch his match versus Edge at the last Royal Rumble. That was his true breakout moment. Or his match of the year, according to WWE, versus Danielson. He's been hanging in upper midcard since his draft. Dolph Ziggler constantly has good solid matches.

dub
08-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Tell us how you really feel Mr.McMahon (lol) In all honesty Dolph may lack Mic skills but not Charisma. He has something going for him and with just a few tweeks here and there he can be one of the best in the business. Why not pull for the kid? Besides aren't you ready to see some new blood in the main event picture? Oh and for whatever it's worth I gotta disagree wit you on one thing... You said that Randy Orton is "GREAT" on the mic? I agree with all the other guys you mentioned no doubt, but Randy Orton? Don't get me wrong I think he is very entertaining with his "viper" gimmick and the stories he tell in the ring but he's not one of the best on the mic in my opinion just my two cents.

Rilla
08-30-2011, 01:10 PM
I agree...that match was easily the best of the night, Punk vs Miz being next to that...i would love to see Punk and Ziggler have a match because i'm a huge Punk fan as it is and think those two would put on an awesome match!

This. That. One of these.

I want to see Punk/Ziggler.

Ziggler was a BEAST in that match

el gabo
08-30-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm sorry, but if you think that was his breakout match, you should re-watch his match versus Edge at the last Royal Rumble. That was his true breakout moment. Or his match of the year, according to WWE, versus Danielson. He's been hanging in upper midcard since his draft. Dolph Ziggler constantly has good solid matches.

You're sig is so true. Ricardo Rodriguez IS the best character on WWE.

Y2J___Y2J
08-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Great match imo, and DAMN he took that RKO like a champ.

Russo swerve
08-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Its funny how when he dyed his hair black yall were sayin he was gonna be a jobber lol. And now hes the greatest thing since sliced bread. Come on ppl get it together

CMRyder
08-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Dolph Ziggler is the shit. I told everyone as soon as he debuted against Batista in late 08' as Dolph Ziggler, "That guy is a future star" And most everyone called me crazy and said he would be out of a job when the yearly 'cuts' come around.

IrkenInvader
08-30-2011, 02:43 PM

Your thoughts?
I thought he did great, he does the best performances on regular TV in a long time.

Your thoughts?

GR81
08-30-2011, 02:53 PM
I thought the performance was nice, but I'm not sure it does anything for Ziggler. Too bad Orton doesn't put people over anymore.

AOF666
08-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Its funny how when he dyed his hair black yall were sayin he was gonna be a jobber lol. And now hes the greatest thing since sliced bread. Come on ppl get it together

He looked like a bigger version of Evan Bourne. He looked too generic and was going to get lost in the mix.

tittle97
08-30-2011, 04:38 PM
This match was awesome, I watched it live last night and re-watched it today off my DVR.
I agree the Dolph needs to drop Vickie though.

Straight-Edge
08-30-2011, 04:41 PM
I loved the match, but I thought the end with the RKO was a little sloppy. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Ziggler fan, and kudos for going for an inventive RKO, I just thought it didn't go exactly as planned. Not too bad as to be glaringly obvious, but it could have been smoother. Just my thoughts. Oh, and as far as mic skills go, I don't see an issue with his. He was awesome on commentary a few weeks back and even before that I thought he was decent. A lot better than most of the roster.

BIGZrudypoo812
08-30-2011, 04:42 PM
what need to happen is the Spirit Squad should return and dolph should have to make a choice, follow his dream and be a cheerleader again OR well there is not other choice he just needs the worst group Creative has ever come up with The Spirit-MUTHA-FUCKIN- SQUAD

Van-Wilder
08-30-2011, 06:55 PM
For me, Dolph Ziggler is the best wrestler in WWE. I love Punk and Bryan too and they're not far behind. Ziggler is great technically and has great ring presence. His mic skills... I don't think he's much of a chance to show what he can do on a mic. What I've seen so far hasn't been that bad. I think he could be great on the mic with a bit more experience. He certainly has the look and charisma to cut a good promo.
To compare his promos to attitude era promos is unfair. Get someone from the attitude era to cut a pg promo with a shit creative team behind them and they wouldn't look any better. Attitude era was great because it was new and edgy and the stories were good (and we were spotty teenagers back then!) but because the content was so good, in some cases it disguised how average some of those guys were on the mic.

johnnydropkicks
08-30-2011, 06:57 PM
I loved the match, but I thought the end with the RKO was a little sloppy. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Ziggler fan, and kudos for going for an inventive RKO, I just thought it didn't go exactly as planned. Not too bad as to be glaringly obvious, but it could have been smoother. Just my thoughts. Oh, and as far as mic skills go, I don't see an issue with his. He was awesome on commentary a few weeks back and even before that I thought he was decent. A lot better than most of the roster.

yeah I agree. I thought the same thing

I think it was supposed to be a true cutter but orton fumbled the timing and then dolph fuckin pro that he is got up right away and then sold the rko like a fucking bejesus.