PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart Praises the Bella Twins

K2Jelly
08-29-2011, 03:23 PM
In an interview with "The Cardboard Connection", WWE Hall of Famer Bret "the Hitman" Hart was asked to name who he believes are the top performers in the wrestling industry. Here is what he said:

"They’re getting better and better," Hart said. "I like Daniel Bryan. I love his style. I love his incorporation of actual wrestling holds and submissions and his style. I'm a big fan of Cena. I'm a big fan of [Randy] Orton."

Now I don't know what's worse. The fact that Bret Hart puts over the Bella Twins or that he puts over the Bella Twins before DANIEL BRYAN. That's something irelandspatriot would do. Unbelievable.

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Bret Hart: The stupidest there is, the stupidest there was, the stupidest there ever will be.

HeelTurn
08-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Out of all the divas, I thought he would have put over Natalya.

K2Jelly
08-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Or Beth, Eve, Tamina, AJ. Heck, at least K2 is relevant!

pauadrian
out of all the divas, i thought he would have put over natalya.

this

Bodom
You're making too big a deal of the order he told the interviewer. But back on topic.

Really? The Bella Twins? To each his own, I suppose.

Y2Jryder
08-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Brett is going for the threesome I suppose

wrestlingfan66513
08-29-2011, 03:29 PM
He gave a WWE answer to that question.

Enforcer23
08-29-2011, 03:30 PM
maybe he see's something we dont who knows....but i wouldint say them thats forshure

GreatMuta4life
08-29-2011, 03:39 PM
The man likes Italian women, to each his own. They are better in the mic than most the divas, they can sit in on commentary and hold their own. Just looking for the positive.

68wPayne
08-29-2011, 03:39 PM
They probably gave him head one time on Raw or something like that so he felt like he should give them props. I think Bret is beginning to lose his mind.

The_Awesome_One
08-29-2011, 03:49 PM
So Bret is on drugs now???

first he is pissed at being the 4 best of all time, now putting over the bella twins LOL

Tommy Thunder
08-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Someone's been nibbling at Matt Hardy's grapes.

Iron Ape
08-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Oh noez! Bret Hart has the audacity to have an opinion that doesn't comply with the standards and practices established by self-appointed wrestling scholars from the interwebs!

*hands out Kleenex and Webelos Activity Badges for maturity*

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 03:53 PM
I eat grapes and I am sane...maybe.

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Oh noez! Bret Hart has the audacity to have an opinion that doesn't comply with the standards and practices established by self-appointed wrestling scholars from the interwebs!

Thanks, I was out of Kleenex.

Iron Ape
08-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks, I was out of Kleenex.
And worthwhile retorts, apparently.

68wPayne
08-29-2011, 04:04 PM
It is his right to have an opinion (I assume Canada has those rights) but it is also our right to say that we do not agree with Bret's opinion, and if some of us choose to berate him for his opinion in a colorful manner then so be it.

Reloval
08-29-2011, 04:04 PM
He likes their asses...Whats wrong with that?

That's what the WWE wants us to see the division as anyway, certainly not quality wrestling. This just goes to show what the WWE is doing is working.

K2Jelly
08-29-2011, 04:13 PM

I didn't exactly berate him or anything. I just found his opinion rather shocking is all and with the way opinions about the Bellas is being tossed around lately, I thought this might have been something worth posting.

Tommy Thunder
08-29-2011, 04:20 PM

Considering his opinion is 'off' to say the least, I think that the "self-appointed wrestling scholars from the interwebs" as you say have a case against him.

Iron Ape
08-29-2011, 04:25 PM
I didn't exactly berate him or anything. I just found his opinion rather shocking is all and with the way opinions about the Bellas is being tossed around lately, I thought this might have been something worth posting.
I think my comment just stems from an ongoing frustration with how, just like Groundhog Day and clockwork, these types of threads always devolve into a contest of people trying to outdo one another in the small and petty department because someone dares to have a thought or perspective outside of their own. Yeah, it's well within everyone's right to do such, but I'm not really sure that's the kind of thing worth defending. Instead of having thoughtful and intelligent conversations on a topic that could potentially lead to some worthwhile discussion, it seems the majority would rather opt for wallowing in an uncleaned recycling bin of fleeting thoughts and self-involvement. And, again, that's totally everyone's prerogative. I guess this is just more of my own personal issue than anything else.

So, yeah, keep on doing what you do. My interjection was probably off-base and ill-advised.

infrequentPoster
08-29-2011, 04:51 PM
In an interview with "The Cardboard Connection", WWE Hall of Famer Bret "the Hitman" Hart was asked to name who he believes are the top performers in the wrestling industry. Here is what he said:

"They’re getting better and better," Hart said. "I like Daniel Bryan. I love his style. I love his incorporation of actual wrestling holds and submissions and his style. I'm a big fan of Cena. I'm a big fan of [Randy] Orton."

Now I don't know what's worse. The fact that Bret Hart puts over the Bella Twins or that he puts over the Bella Twins before DANIEL BRYAN. That's something irelandspatriot would do. Unbelievable.

Yeah that is strange that he regards them highly. But that quote did not imply that he puts the Bella Twins OVER a Daniel Bryan, Orton, or Cena. I think the order in which he listed things are irrelevant to what he holds more valuable. He was asked what he liked and then he gave an answer. To suggest otherwise is baseless.

johnnydropkicks
08-29-2011, 05:00 PM
I can understand why he'd say that. both bellas have mic skills, for not being wrestlers they both have improved dramatically and they easily have the best gimmick.

and also the interview wasn't really serious. he didn't list people in any kind of order or everything he was just asked to list of some of his favourites.

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/bret-the-hitman-hart-discusses-his-wrestling-memorabilia

so like the dude above me said in his usually smart posts it was just a loose question and it wasn't in any kind of strict environment. could have just been his feelings at the moment. and he might change later.

The Brown One
08-29-2011, 05:02 PM
The man likes Italian women, to each his own. They are better in the mic than most the divas, they can sit in on commentary and hold their own. Just looking for the positive.

How exactly is bitching every time they're in the ring having good mic skills? Agreed on the commentary part, they can talk well, but they should keep their mouths shut in the ring and do their job.

infrequentPoster
08-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Just as a sidenote, does anyone else NOT like the Bella Twins' ring attire? They have smoking bodies, but their clothing looks so awkward.

http://www.divaswrestlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bellas-purple-ring-attire.jpg

And now they have a stupid looking silk shawl that's just bizarre. I'm not a fashionisto, but why not accentuate those nice bodies? Who the hell is the costume designer on Raw? They should be fired.

Y2J___Y2J
08-29-2011, 05:39 PM
He said they were "getting better and better" which is true. They have been getting better as of late ( they sucked as faces )
But everyone has their own opinion

johnnydropkicks
08-29-2011, 05:42 PM
there were faces?

stupid

maar13
08-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Yeah at some point they were faces and they have gotten better, like Kelly Kelly, I mean they are pretty bad still but they were much, much, much worse than they are today.

Also, maybe Bret have seen them train or maybe he has seen something we haven't (NO....NOT THAT!!) in them and that is why he is praising them, also take on account that this kind of comments will give thme more confidence and will made them bring the best to their work, sometimes people just need a little push to reach hier potential. Am I saying they will be as good as Ivory? nope, maybe like Stacy Keibler (who was not good but not as bad either)? Nope, but they can get better.

GreatMuta4life
08-29-2011, 05:51 PM
How exactly is bitching every time they're in the ring having good mic skills? Agreed on the commentary part, they can talk well, but they should keep their mouths shut in the ring and do their job.

Sorry I mistyped, there are crap in the ring! I meant they're better than most divas on the mic.

KJ PUNK
08-29-2011, 05:54 PM
I actually kinda enjoy the Bellas. Don't know why and don't really have a valid reason. But they could be worse.

tshizzy34
08-29-2011, 07:14 PM
The Bella Twins are overhyped, overrated, and not nearly as attractive as they might like to think they are. Bring back Maryse already and have her whoop everyone's ass and win back the title!

THE HEARTBREAK KID
08-29-2011, 07:26 PM
i will always respect bret's opinion.. but didnt bret praise melina a while ago ?. and we know how that turned out , not too say melina is not a decent wrestler tho she's just crazyy LOL

THE_CRIPPLER
08-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Bret Called Melina the Best Wrestler in WWE or something and Now the Bella Twins being one of the best things on WWE TV?....... Bret is just horney in his old age and he is just kissing ass to get in good with them... Bret actually has a good apprication for in ring ablity but he says this crap hoping to get on a certain Female wrestlers good side so he can get them in bed....... yup Bret Hart is pathic.