PDA

View Full Version : Rugby World Cup 2011

welch421
08-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Who do you think is going to win the 2011 Rugby World Cup. For those wondering where it is , it is my home Country New Zealand. Personaly I think Australia will win it.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Its going to be good this year but surely one of the Tri-Nations will win it.

Im going for New Zealand home advantage and all.

I also think England and/or South Africa will reach the Semis and/or the Final as both teams seem to play really well during World Cups

eboy
08-29-2011, 04:17 PM
I Know England have been alittle Shakey laitly but i really think we will come into our own and at every world cup you cant count out england

Eve's Arse No.1
08-29-2011, 04:18 PM
I Know England have been alittle Shakey laitly but i really think we will come into our own and at every world cup you cant count out england

Apart from the FIFA one

Eve's Arse No.1
08-29-2011, 04:25 PM
One other thing USA is there but No Scotland or Italy or Samoa???

welch421
08-29-2011, 05:22 PM
One other thing USA is there but No Scotland or Italy or Samoa???

The reason i put USA in it was because there are a lot of Amercians on this site

Eve's Arse No.1
08-29-2011, 05:47 PM
The reason i put USA in it was because there are a lot of Amercians on this site

Well so do alot of Scots cant imagine many Fijians do.

(sorry to all Fijians if any who use this site)

eboy
08-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Apart from the FIFA one
yea as a Rugby Player i am proud that we out do The Footballs alot of the time

Eve's Arse No.1
08-29-2011, 06:02 PM
yea as a Rugby Player i am proud that we out do The Footballs alot of the time

TO be honest i dont care which sport we really do well in as long as we do really well in one and try hard in the others.

Cant be the best at everything. Unless we start making up sports then hold world series were only English teams can play. Maybe Rounders for Men what do you think?

eboy
08-29-2011, 06:04 PM
TO be honest i dont care which sport we really do well in as long as we do really well in one and try hard in the others.

Cant be the best at everything. Unless we start making up sports then hold world series were only English teams can play. Maybe Rounders for Men what do you think?

well is that a Shoot on Americans

Eve's Arse No.1
08-29-2011, 06:07 PM
well is that a Shoot on Americans

Well american sports yeah :(

sorry it just makes me sad that they dont invite anyone to play there games :(

Tomsta666
08-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Don't really follow the Rugby, but voted England... because I'm English.

Didn't we win this a couple years back anyway?

eboy
08-29-2011, 06:15 PM
yea LOL i think most americans will admit it
Basketball
Baseball
American Football?!?!?! what other nation is going to seriously back a American Football team

eboy
08-29-2011, 06:16 PM

2003 Rugby World Champions Yes

Eve's Arse No.1
08-29-2011, 06:22 PM
yea LOL i think most americans will admit it
Basketball
Baseball
American Football?!?!?! what other nation is going to seriously back a American Football team

Well the Japanese are arguably the best nation for Baseball but none of their teams are invited to the 'world' series.

Plus USA dosent always win Gold at the Olympics for Basketball

Eve's Arse No.1
08-29-2011, 06:22 PM
2003 Rugby World Champions Yes

And reached the final last time with a rather weak team

eboy
08-29-2011, 06:24 PM
And reached the final last time with a rather weak team

yea of coarse

VanHooliganX
08-29-2011, 06:59 PM

Same logic as me :)
No clue who is good ro bad currently.
and yes we won it in 2003 and runners-up in 2007 :)

Eve's Arse No.1
08-29-2011, 07:01 PM
Same logic as me :)
No clue who is good ro bad currently.
and yes we won it in 2003 and runners-up in 2007 :)

Let me break it down

TriNations = Fucking Awesome better then everyone else by ALOT

then theres

England
Wales
France
Ireland

then the rest

VanHooliganX
08-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Let me break it down

then theres

England
Wales
France
Ireland

then the rest

Hmm I see. Are Fiji, Somoa or Argentina any good?

Eve's Arse No.1
08-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Hmm I see. Are Fiji, Somoa or Argentina any good?

Somoa are excellent at 5 a side but no they are ok but its a big leap from those top teams i mentioned.

Argentina are on par with Scotland and Italy.

Fiji arent much either

VanHooliganX
08-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Somoa are excellent at 5 a side but no they are ok but its a big leap from those top teams i mentioned.

Argentina are on par with Scotland and Italy.

Fiji arent much either

Ah right. Cool. I'll probably watch England if they're on BBC or ITV but highlights otherwise.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Ah right. Cool. I'll probably watch England if they're on BBC or ITV but highlights otherwise.

M8 its on at like 5am

VanHooliganX
08-29-2011, 07:29 PM
M8 its on at like 5am

Won't stop me or the Barmy army ;D

Eve's Arse No.1
08-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Won't stop me or the Barmy army ;D

are you on 02?

VanHooliganX
08-29-2011, 07:37 PM
are you on 02?

Sadly not sorry.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Sadly not sorry.

Shame they are giving away free breakfasts to rugby fans

Juvenile Junkie
08-30-2011, 12:46 AM
I also think England and/or South Africa will reach the Semis and/or the Final as both teams seem to play really well during World Cups

no,our team is too old,18 players fromthe last World Cup,most played in 2003 Wolrd Cup too

Grind_Bastard
08-30-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't know much about rugby, but I'm rooting for the All Blacks.

Juvenile Junkie
08-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Let me break it down

then theres

England
Wales
France
Ireland

then the rest

Tri-Nations teams have been overplayed and burned out this year.16 regular season SupeRugby games,plus play-offs,plus Tri-Nations which only ended on Saturday,If a Northern Hemipshere team doesn't win it this time,than convert to Rugby League,which means your screwed either way,cause this is your best opportunity.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Tri-Nations teams have been overplayed and burned out this year.16 regular season SupeRugby games,plus play-offs,plus Tri-Nations which only ended on Saturday,If a Northern Hemipshere team doesn't win it this time,than convert to Rugby League,which means your screwed either way,cause this is your best opportunity.

LOL not Englands best opportunity thats pure shite.

New Zealand have the home advantage, plus Australia have been dominate these past few years. Then there is climate and time difference to factor in these two nations have to be favorite

Juvenile Junkie
08-30-2011, 02:17 PM
I rate England,the tri-nations countries could be exposed for being fatigued and overworked.

Martin Johnson could pull a Beckenbauer,first in Rugby Union history,not sure if its been done in League before.

Home Advantage,well,we had home advantage for 3 cricket tournaments in 6 years,never made a semi in any of them,when you choke,you choke.

Anybody want to stick their necks out for a Player Of The Tournament????

Eve's Arse No.1
08-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Cricket is WAY different though.

The different pitch types can be an advantage to alot of different teams plus there is weather conditions as well as alot of luck thrown in with cricket.

Two completely different sports so comparing the two is pointless.

We lost to Wales the other day and it all depends with England we as well as YOU tend to do really well in world cups though.

But still think the Tri-Nations are head and shoulders above the rest.
__________________________________________________ __________

As for Player ill go for Tuilagi(Cant spell his name properly) as long as he keeps his temper he could make name for himself on the world stage.

He reminds me alot of Lomu

Juvenile Junkie
08-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Quade Cooper or Nonu,maybe Johnny Wilkinson will pull a Miroslav Klose and suddenly be worldclass and awesome for six weeks.......

Juvenile Junkie
08-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Well our captains position in the team is in question,not sure how many teams win world cups when that happens

Eve's Arse No.1
08-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Flood will start over Wilkinson

Juvenile Junkie
08-31-2011, 05:50 AM
Boy,we have some stupid TV adverts for this world cup.

The most unbeleivable action you will ever see,most riveting action,breathtaking commentary(no joke),most informed TV analists,most interactive,most pulsating,gosh hate to be a part pooper,but they said all that about the football world cup last year and will probably say the same stuff for AFCON and EURO 2012.

After hosting a football world cup,rugby and cricket ones have sort of a hollow feeling

Chavo.G
09-04-2011, 09:53 AM
It sucks the games are going to be so early in the morning. Anyway I am for Ireland, being Irish myself but wow we fucked up so badly in the last few games, so don't see us making it to the quarter finals. I think either Australia or New Zealand will take it. Do you see how they play rugby? They play it like it's a life or death situation. That's why they are so good. On the other hand, you just don't see that determination in the northern hemisphere unfortunatly.

Juvenile Junkie
09-04-2011, 11:47 AM
if New Zealand win the Rugby World cup,they will become the second country to be world champions in both codes at the same time,Australia the first

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 06:03 AM
It sucks the games are going to be so early in the morning. Anyway I am for Ireland, being Irish myself but wow we fucked up so badly in the last few games, so don't see us making it to the quarter finals. I think either Australia or New Zealand will take it. Do you see how they play rugby? They play it like it's a life or death situation. That's why they are so good. On the other hand, you just don't see that determination in the northern hemisphere unfortunatly.

Yeah the only British and Irish teams that look good at the minute are England and Wales.

Juvenile Junkie
09-06-2011, 12:57 AM
Final Four:

Sa,NZ,Eng and Aus

Final:

NZ vs Australia

Juvenile Junkie
09-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Final Four:

Sa,NZ,Eng and Aus

Final:

NZ vs Australia

Actually NZ vs Aus or Eng,Can't split them.

Juvenile Junkie
09-09-2011, 02:44 AM
Today's the big day!

The Brown One
09-09-2011, 03:20 AM
Why didn't I see this thread before?!
New Zealand FOR THE WIN!!!!
Did you guys watch the opening ceremony just now? It was amazing :DDDDD

Subject Zero
09-09-2011, 05:24 AM
Entertaining first game.

The Togan forwards looked excellent today New Zealand played extremely well to match them in that area.

But the All Blacks backs destroyed the piss poor Togans ones.

Some excellent performances from 14, 15 from NZ in particular but surely if there was less greed going on between some players the scoreline would of been alot bigger from NZ.

Cant wait for the next game now and England, Scotland and France play tomorrow.

Juvenile Junkie
09-09-2011, 06:17 AM
I just hope we have some tight games,and not too many runaway scorelines like the group stages of the Cricket World Cup did when the minnows played the big teams,more often than not.

There was a Pacific Warriors team a few years ago comprising the best players from Fiji,Tonga and Samoa,please bring that team back,I'm sure with time,that team would have been a lot better than the 3 islands individually.

Androo
09-09-2011, 08:25 AM
May I just say, where is Scotland?! Scotland have never failed to make the Quarters or better, unlike other "better" nations like Wales, Ireland, Argentina, Fiji, Samoa, and Italy, Tonga. We beat Argentina twice last year, IN Argentina. 2010 6 Nations we beat Ireland, drew (should have beat) with England, and should have beaten or drew with Wales, Italy, and France. Last Autumn we beat SOUTH AFRICA, and Samoa! 6 Nations 2011 wasn't the best, but we beat Italy, and should have beat England, and Ireland. Then in August of this year we beat Ireland and Italy, again.

We're not going to win, and dare I say may even put in a few poor performances at this World Cup, but we're not to be dismissed at all. We're just as good as Wales, Ireland, and other such teams, probably better than Argentina, Italy etc.

Who's gonna win? New Zealand or Australia.

Anyway here's a team guide:
Rugby World Cup 2011 team guide (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/14741045.stm)

Tommy Thunder
09-09-2011, 10:30 AM
May I just say, where is Scotland?! Scotland have never failed to make the Quarters or better, unlike other "better" nations like Wales, Ireland, Argentina, Fiji, Samoa, and Italy, Tonga. We beat Argentina twice last year, IN Argentina. 2010 6 Nations we beat Ireland, drew (should have beat) with England, and should have beaten or drew with Wales, Italy, and France. Last Autumn we beat SOUTH AFRICA, and Samoa! 6 Nations 2011 wasn't the best, but we beat Italy, and should have beat England, and Ireland. Then in August of this year we beat Ireland and Italy, again.

We're not going to win, and dare I say may even put in a few poor performances at this World Cup, but we're not to be dismissed at all. We're just as good as Wales, Ireland, and other such teams, probably better than Argentina, Italy etc.

Who's gonna win? New Zealand or Australia.

Anyway here's a team guide:
Rugby World Cup 2011 team guide (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/14741045.stm)

You seriously consider Fiji, Samoa, Tonga and Italy to be better than Scotland?! You must be joking!
And Argentina were 3th last time round dude.

As for who wins, It's New Zeland's to lose on home turf, but Australia will push them hard.

Androo
09-09-2011, 10:45 AM
You seriously consider Fiji, Samoa, Tonga and Italy to be better than Scotland?! You must be joking!
And Argentina were 3th last time round dude.

As for who wins, It's New Zeland's to lose on home turf, but Australia will push them hard.

I don't consider it, no. Hence the quotation marks around the word better. I said, further down in my post, Scotland are just as good, if not maybe even probably better.

I know Argentina were 3rd at the last WC. That's not really relevant to anything I said.

Yeh, I think the same New Zealand just now, but Australia are there aswell.

Tommy Thunder
09-09-2011, 10:56 AM
And I'd like to say, anyone who thinks England have a chance of winning the WC are very much living in dreamland.

eboy
09-09-2011, 06:33 PM
And I'd like to say, anyone who thinks England have a chance of winning the WC are very much living in dreamland.

well i think your wrong England have a great chance of winning but watching New Zealand against Tonga they looked Slick and very very good they will be tough to beat

Tommy Thunder
09-09-2011, 07:11 PM
well i think your wrong England have a great chance of winning but watching New Zealand against Tonga they looked Slick and very very good they will be tough to beat

Not a chance. You lost against Wales the other week at Twickenham!!

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 03:13 AM

why not? there better than 17 other teams in the competition,its not beyond the realsm of possibilty.Semi's at the very least

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 03:16 AM
wow,did anybody see Japan,they were giving France a big fright! It was 25-21 at one stage,sadly France scored 3 tries in the last 7 minutes,so the scoreline doesn't reflect the game.

First BIG GAME is up now,Argentina vs England.

Im not gonna reveal too much,but my pick as winner will be a team who's Flyhalf for this match plays for Toulon......

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 03:24 AM
Argentina's hooker is 38! Jeez,thats hell of an effort.

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 04:27 AM
Half time.Argentina beating England 6-3,if Argentina had a reliable back up kicker,it could have been more.Still fancy the poms though to come good,think the Argies have let a few golden chances go to waste.

Courtney Laws is a dirty thug,he deserves to get cited and banned,if Bakkies Botha,Schalk Burger or Butch James had done that we would have never heard the end of it.

Subject Zero
09-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Another Shaky start to England in the World Cup we were awful the last 2 world cups opening games and we reached the final in both.

Very Poor games for Steve, Nick, Johnny and Mike. Tulaigi also was non exisitant.

But an excellent performance from Laws he was with out a doubt the best player on the pitch today. Also although i hate him Armitage had a very good game.

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 05:34 AM
But an excellent performance from Laws he was with out a doubt the best player on the pitch today. Also although i hate him Armitage had a very good game.

yes,he injured two Argentinean players,what a classy player.

Ben Youngs changed the game,15 Pumas were rattled by 1 Tiger...........

Tommy Thunder
09-10-2011, 05:37 AM
why not? there better than 17 other teams in the competition,its not beyond the realsm of possibilty.Semi's at the very least

Want to re-assess the situation after that piss poor performance from England?

Subject Zero
09-10-2011, 05:43 AM

Tommy have you watched any England team in a World Cup before we are always under par first game of the Tournament, and Argentina are the other strong team in the group to be fair.

And i wouldnt talk until we see Wales play

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 05:44 AM

well,they are better than 17 other countries,but nor as good as New Zealand,South Africa and Australia.Lets put things into perspective,Argentina don't play in the 6 or tri-nations tournaments,ans when they do join the 4 Nations next year,they are expected to be the whipping boys,yep.

Tommy,my one mate has a theory you will appreciate:

How strong is English rugby nowadays?
Well,South Africa C are AVIVA Premiership champions!

Argentina would have probably won if they had a proper goal-kicker,but we will never know,but that bonus point might just stuff scotland

Tommy Thunder
09-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Tommy have you watched any England team in a World Cup before we are always under par first game of the Tournament, and Argentina are the other strong team in the group to be fair.

And i wouldnt talk until we see Wales play

As a rugby fan, of course I've watched the rugby world cup before. Based on England's recent form, I don't see you winning the world cup.

And I don't see Wales doing well wither. In fact, I'm seeing us struggle to get out of our group.

Subject Zero
09-10-2011, 05:46 AM
yes,he injured two Argentinean players,what a classy player.

Ben Youngs changed the game,15 Pumas were rattled by 1 Tiger...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_rM0W-GSBo&feature=related

Ill just leave this here.

Players get hurt in rugby from hard hits.

Unlike when players from a certain nation do this.

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 05:47 AM
Argentina are the other strong team in the group to be fair.

If they have any players left,they were dropping like flies.

New IRB rugby rule:Courtney Laws can late tackle,kick people in the head,but it must go unpunished.what a joke,If a South African player had done what he did,he would have been banned for 6 months!

Juvenile Junkie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_rM0W-GSBo&feature=related

Ill just leave this here.

Players get hurt in rugby from hard hits.

Unlike when players from a certain nation do this.

our players get banned,the big difference.

Subject Zero
As a rugby fan, of course I've watched the rugby world cup before. Based on England's recent form, I don't see you winning the world cup.

And I don't see Wales doing well wither. In fact, I'm seeing us struggle to get out of our group.

Nah i cant see us winning it either if New Zealand stop the greed they look awesome. But havent seen Austrailia or SA yet.

But England seem to always do well in the World Cup abit like Germany in football never rule them out.

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 05:49 AM

Ya,why isn't this the group of death?

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Nah i cant see us winning it either if New Zealand stop the greed they look awesome. But havent seen Austrailia or SA yet.

But England seem to always do well in the World Cup abit like Germany in football never rule them out.

if England win their group they can avoid SA or NZ till the final(provided they win their groups too).Well,hey,rather win a pool game 13-9 than lose one 36 - 0,like you guys did 4 years ago.Isn't there that old saying of good teams can win ugly?

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 05:57 AM
its was the black jerseys,it almost caused England to choke

Tommy Thunder
09-10-2011, 06:09 AM
Ya,why isn't this the group of death?

IMO, Wales's group is the group of death. Assuming SA go through, Samoa, Fiji and us are fighting for one place.

Subject Zero
09-10-2011, 06:53 AM
IMO, Wales's group is the group of death. Assuming SA go through, Samoa, Fiji and us are fighting for one place.

Dont forget Nambia they could give Wales a good game LOL

Tommy Thunder
09-10-2011, 08:08 AM

Haha!! I'm sure!!

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 09:44 AM

This group has four teams that have all played in a WC quarter-final,only group to have 4.Plus our group has twice as many world cup wins than England's group.

Football and Rugby Union World cups are awesome,this is why I hate the fact that South Africa don't play Rugby League.We miss out.shame,american and Australian football followers will never get to experience a World Cup,or the joys of winning a World Cup or a Six Nations or Tri-Nations.

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 09:47 AM

i thought you guys would be interested in knowing that there 1 player called Bees Roux,who is good enough to play for the Bulls in South Africa,is in the midst of a murder investigation.He got drunk,got stopped for drunk driving,the 1 cop allegedly stole his credit card,and Mr.Roux beat him to death.

Androo
09-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Fuck me! I did say we would probs have some poor performances in NZ. Wasn't half an edgy start! Thank goodness we played a bit in the last 10mins. Scored some good trys, but our basic stuff was poor, and our scrum is quite poor just now. But hopefully we got one poor performance out of the way, and we gradually improve. I think our order of games have been fortunate for us. Romania, Georgia, Argentina, England; it's like increasing in stronger opponents each game, and so can gradually build up a better performance with each game. Well, I hope. For example, if we'd started against England in that game we would have got beat.

The wind affected both kicking games aswell. Well I don't know about the Romanian kicker, but Patterson normally NEVER misses, and Parks came on and hit 2 kickoffs into touch on the full, which was bad.

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 11:53 AM
guys,come on,lets give credit to Argentinean hooker,Mario Ledesma,he's 38 and tore his England counter part to shreds.

In a way,all the England criticism is unecessary,after all it was 2nd vs 3rd from the last World Cup,it was never going to be a 50 point win.Would we lament Sri Lanka or Holland in cricket and soccer for not thrashing Pakistan and Germany?

Juvenile Junkie
09-11-2011, 10:59 AM
why does Chuck Norris only have 1 ball?

Cause Heinrich Brussow stole the other one!

Juvenile Junkie
09-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Bakkies Botha bit the Apple logo.

Bakkies Botha has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Bakkies Botha doesn't flush the toilet, he scares the sh*t out of it

Bakkies Botha can strangle you with a cordless phone.

Death once had a near-Bakkies Botha experience

Bakkies Botha can slam a revolving door.

Bakkies Botha doesn't need a GPS. Bakkies Botha decides where he is.

Bakkies Botha was in all 6 Star Wars movies... As The Force.

The sheep on Bakkies Botha' farm are the ones that give us steel wool.

Bakkies Botha can light a fire by rubbing two ice-cubes together.

Bakkies Botha will never have a heart attack. His heart isn't nearly foolish enough to attack him.

Bakkies Botha can speak Braille.

When Bakkies Botha throws a boomerang it doesn't dare come back

Bakkies Botha does not fart, nothing escapes Bakkies Botha

Some kids pee their name in snow. Bakkies Botha pees his name in concrete.

Bakkies Botha can leave a message before the beep.

Bakkies Botha can use Mxit on a pay phone.

Bakkies Botha can divide by zero

Tommy Thunder
09-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Bakkies Botha bit the Apple logo.

Bakkies Botha has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Bakkies Botha doesn't flush the toilet, he scares the sh*t out of it

Bakkies Botha can strangle you with a cordless phone.

Death once had a near-Bakkies Botha experience

Bakkies Botha can slam a revolving door.

Bakkies Botha doesn't need a GPS. Bakkies Botha decides where he is.

Bakkies Botha was in all 6 Star Wars movies... As The Force.

The sheep on Bakkies Botha' farm are the ones that give us steel wool.

Bakkies Botha can light a fire by rubbing two ice-cubes together.

Bakkies Botha will never have a heart attack. His heart isn't nearly foolish enough to attack him.

Bakkies Botha can speak Braille.

When Bakkies Botha throws a boomerang it doesn't dare come back

Bakkies Botha does not fart, nothing escapes Bakkies Botha

Some kids pee their name in snow. Bakkies Botha pees his name in concrete.

Bakkies Botha can leave a message before the beep.

Bakkies Botha can use Mxit on a pay phone.

Bakkies Botha can divide by zero

Bakkies Botha was also destroyed by Adam Jones :)

Juvenile Junkie
09-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Bakkies Botha was also destroyed by Adam Jones :)

Wales destroyed South Africa.Unfortunately,you snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.Man,you guys had us there for the taking,pity,to be honest,the better team lost.

Tommy Thunder
09-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Wales destroyed South Africa.Unfortunately,you snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.Man,you guys had us there for the taking,pity,to be honest,the better team lost.

Indeed. Very crushing defeat. Had we won, we had a good chance to top the group. A lot of pressure on us now for the next game against Samoa. Although if we play like that, we shouldn't have a problem.

VanHooliganX
09-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Indeed. Very crushing defeat. Had we won, we had a good chance to top the group. A lot of pressure on us now for the next game against Samoa. Although if we play like that, we shouldn't have a problem.

The good thing is it isn't over yet, not by a long shot and there were many positives to the performance.
Should be an interesting group :)

Necroyeti
09-11-2011, 01:32 PM
'mon the Fiji

Robareid
09-11-2011, 02:20 PM
On the opening performances, I felt New Zealand looked the best

welch421
09-11-2011, 04:17 PM
First of all, I'm going to Wales Vs Fiji and Wales Vs Samoa at Hamilton. 2nd of all, Hook got a penalty kick over but the ref said he missed. So Wales should have won. Anyway u will hear more about that.

Tommy Thunder
09-11-2011, 04:24 PM
First of all, I'm going to Wales Vs Fiji and Wales Vs Samoa at Hamilton. 2nd of all, Hook got a penalty kick over but the ref said he missed. So Wales should have won. Anyway u will hear more about that.

That decision was ridiculous. Can't believe we didn't get it!!
Have fun at those games dude! Should be some heavy hitting in those 2!!

Also, I'm a huge fan of your sig!! That picture cracks me up each time I see it!

welch421
09-11-2011, 05:00 PM
That decision was ridiculous. Can't believe we didn't get it!!
Have fun at those games dude! Should be some heavy hitting in those 2!!

Also, I'm a huge fan of your sig!! That picture cracks me up each time I see it!

Thanks, I'll cheer for Wales for u

tnawhat
09-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks, I'll cheer for Wales for u

im going to japan all blacks

Juvenile Junkie
09-12-2011, 12:13 AM
If the penalty had been given,and SOuth Africa were losing 19-17,Morne Steyn would have kicked a drop kick at the end,South Africa were right infront and in the 22.

I see the football world cup has had an influence on the rugby 1,the ball has come into question

welch421
09-12-2011, 01:17 AM
im going to japan all blacks

Missed tickets on that one but have a semi final to make up for it

welch421
09-12-2011, 01:19 AM
If the penalty had been given,and SOuth Africa were losing 19-17,Morne Steyn would have kicked a drop kick at the end,South Africa were right infront and in the 22.

I see the football world cup has had an influence on the rugby 1,the ball has come into question
Yer, knowing steyn he probily would have got one from the 50 metre line

Juvenile Junkie
09-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Yer, knowing steyn he probily would have got one from the 50 metre line

Francois Steyn once kicked a dropkick from his own 22! He did it for in France for his club

welch421
09-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Francois Steyn once kicked a dropkick from his own 22! He did it for in France for his club

When he was in the Sharks a couple of years ago he kicked a 60 metre DG against the Blues

Juvenile Junkie
09-14-2011, 05:07 AM
DOur of Scotland.only beat georgia 15-6

Canada shock Tonga

VanHooliganX
09-16-2011, 09:53 AM
New Zealand really struggling for them against Japan today. Closer than I could ever imagine.
New Zealand 83 - 7 Japan.

Juvenile Junkie
09-16-2011, 12:43 PM
New Zealand really struggling for them against Japan today. Closer than I could ever imagine.
New Zealand 83 - 7 Japan.

struggling? that was the most convincing performance of the comp so far.Nobody has really dominAted or stamped their authority.

SilverGhost
09-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Hey guys! I wanna see a rugby game. (by stream of course) when will show a good game?

Androo
09-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Hey guys! I wanna see a rugby game. (by stream of course) when will show a good game?

These are the upcoming fixtures. Times are British, so it will be minus 8 hours in Pacific Standard Time.

Those first two bolded are the nearest games that should be good to watch for ya. But honestly New Zealand are the pinacle of Rugby at the moment so you wanna see good Rugby watch them. And Scotland ofcourse, lol, always an entertaining game, in more ways than one. Haha.

17 September:
Argentina v Romania, Rugby Park Stadium, Invercargill (0430 BST)
South Africa v Fiji, Wellington Regional Stadium (0700 BST)
Australia v Ireland, Eden Park, Auckland (0930 BST)

18 September:
Wales v Samoa, Waikato Stadium, Hamilton (0430 BST)
England v Georgia, Otago Stadium, Dunedin (0700 BST)
France v Canada, McLean Park, Napier (0930 BST)

20 September:
Italy v Russia, Trafalgar Park, Nelson (0830 BST)

21 September:
Tonga v Japan, Northland Events Centre, Whangarei (0830 BST)

22 September:
South Africa v Namibia, North Harbour Stadium, North Shore (0900 BST)

23 September:
Australia v United States, Wellington Regional Stadium (0930 BST)

24 September:
England v Romania, Carisbrook, Dunedin (0700 BST)
New Zealand v France, Eden Park, Auckland (0930 BST)

25 September:
Fiji v Samoa, Eden Park, Auckland (0330 BST)
Ireland v Russia, Rotorua International Stadium (0600 BST)
Argentina v Scotland, Wellington Regional Stadium (0830 BST)

26 September:
Wales v Namibia, Stadium Taranaki, New Plymouth (0730 BST)

27 September:
Canada v Japan, McLean Park, Napier (0500 BST)
Italy v United States, Trafalgar Park, Nelson (0730 BST)

28 September:
Georgia v Romania, Arena Manawatu, Palmerston North (0730 BST)

30 September:
South Africa v Samoa, North Harbour Stadium, North Shore (0830 BST)

1 October:
Australia v Russia, Nelson (0330 BST)
France v Tonga, Wellington Regional Stadium (0600 BST)
England v Scotland, Eden Park, Auckland (0830 BST)

2 October:
Argentina v Georgia, Arena Manawatu, Palmerston North (0100 BST)
New Zealand v Canada, Wellington Regional Stadium (0330 BST)
Wales v Fiji, Waikato Stadium, Hamilton (0600 BST)
Ireland v Italy, Carisbrook, Dunedin (0830 BST)

Quarter-final One: 8 October
Winner Pool C v Runner-up Pool D
(Wellington Regional Stadium, 0600 BST)

Quarter-final Two: 8 October
Winner Pool B v Runner-up Pool A
(Eden Park, Auckland, 0830 BST)

Quarter-final Three: 9 October
Winner Pool D v Runner-up Pool C
(Wellington Regional Stadium, 0600 BST)

Quarter-final Four: 9 October
Winner Pool A v Runner-up Pool B

Semi-final One: 15 October
Winner QF1 v Winner QF2
(Eden Park, Auckland, 0900 BST)

Semi-final Two: 16 October
Winner QF3 v Winner QF4

Bronze final: 21 October
Loser SF1 v Loser SF2

Final: 23 October
Winner SF1 v Winner SF2

*Fixtures, dates and times are subject to late change

SilverGhost
09-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Wow 5 good games to look forward to! :D Thanks Androo!

VanHooliganX
09-16-2011, 03:44 PM
struggling? that was the most convincing performance of the comp so far.Nobody has really dominAted or stamped their authority.

I know. The sarcasm escaped you it seems (Unless you're pulling my leg also lol)

Subject Zero
09-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Wow 5 good games to look forward to! :D Thanks Androo!

18 September:
Wales v Samoa, Waikato Stadium, Hamilton (0430 BST)

Thats the best match that is coming up over the next 2 days that i think is more suitable for your location time wise. The others will be on at like 2am or 4 am where you are.

Robareid
09-17-2011, 07:57 AM
There are highlights on itv 1 around ten aswell

Juvenile Junkie
09-17-2011, 08:35 AM
South Africa beat Fiji to help Wales

Juvenile Junkie
09-18-2011, 03:01 AM
South Africa beat Fiji 49-3

No Bunji jumping,Pub Fighting and deliberate late tackling in that team

welch421
09-18-2011, 04:12 AM
Ireland upset Australia. TBH I think this will help Australia. Also I went to the Wales Vs Samoa at Hamilton, lot of welsh fans there

Juvenile Junkie
09-18-2011, 07:42 AM
how does that help? a possible Australia vs South Africa in the Quarter finals,and possibly the end of the road for an old Springbok team

VanHooliganX
09-18-2011, 11:57 AM
how does that help? a possible Australia vs South Africa in the Quarter finals,and possibly the end of the road for an old Springbok team

It'll be a wake up call to not underestimate any team.

Juvenile Junkie
09-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Rugby World Cup 2011: France face familiar threat of in-fighting ahead of clash with Canada
It wouldn’t be a proper World Cup if the French weren’t bickering among themselves and, sure enough, the build-up to the game against Canada has been dominated by reports that coach Marc Lievremont is using the French press to criticise his players rather than confronting them himself.

Marc Lievremeont has been accused of using the French press to criticise his players rather than confronting them himself. Photo: AP
By Brendan Gallagher, in Auckland9:11PM BST 17 Sep 2011 2 Comments
Following France's 47-21 win over Japan in their first World Cup game last week, Lievremont was not exactly fulsome in the press about the performances of Dimitri Yachvili, Imanol Harinordoquy and Morgan Parra.
“I would have preferred it if Marc had kept the remarks in-house, that is how we do things at Biarritz,” said Yachvili, who finds himself on the bench.
“He should realise that part of his role is that of psychologist.”
Parra philosphoically remarked that, “we have grown used to his temperamentality” but Harinordoquy, who admitted that whether criticism he thoroughly deserved being criticised after a rare bad day at the office.
“I have had much worse criticism directed at me in the past and I deserved it,” said Harinordoquy.

Juvenile Junkie
09-25-2011, 05:07 AM
I see you poms have gone quite with your team making fools of themselves off the field,pub brawls,citings,bunji jumping,being rude to the press.

Tomsta666
09-25-2011, 05:32 AM
I see you poms have gone quite with your team making fools of themselves off the field,pub brawls,citings,bunji jumping,being rude to the press.

Brits abroad!! :cool:

Juvenile Junkie
09-25-2011, 07:12 AM
If Scotland beat England,and Argentina B beat Georgia by some distance,Argentina B would top a group containing the six nations champions and Scotland.......