PDA

View Full Version : What? What? What? .... Really?

JerichaholicPunk
08-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Im not sure if this has been covered already, if so im sorry for the regurgitation.

Now i know it was entertaining back in the days of the legendary Stone Cold Steve Austin. But! Is it just me or is WHAT just a bit crap now?

Recently i went to a live show and the usual WHAT chant begun and it was simply annoying. It ruins wrestlers promos - especially when it effects a wrestler that i wanna listen to ,ie. The Miz, R-Truth, Ziggler, Barrett, Del Rio ect it disrupts their flow and is very irritating.

Miz put it perfectly - "YOU SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF DUCKS!" ahaha

STOP SAYING WHAT U BERKS!

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/300W/i/2011/207/3/1/cm_punk___best_in_the_world_by_heavymetalgear-d41r3p0.png

Best in The World

His Majesty
08-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Getting legions of fans to stop saying "What?" is impossible, especially with the rumors and speculation of SCSA's possible return match with CM Punk.

There is nothing we can do.

Sorry.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
08-29-2011, 12:16 PM
The "WHAT"chant in wrestling is the worst one ever. It's pointless and not even funny. No wonder people think all wrestling fans live in double wides and have one good tooth to get that corn off the cob. If fans act like they just came from the trailer park they shouldn't get upset when someone tells them that's where they belong.

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 12:24 PM
My favorite chant. I guess I live in a double wide and have one tooth. Lol

His Majesty
08-29-2011, 12:30 PM

What??? :)

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Just trying to make a point.

His Majesty
08-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Just trying to make a point.

Oh, I know. It just gave me the perfect opportunity to say "What?"

LOL

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Oh, I know. It just gave me the perfect opportunity to say "What?"

LOL

I say what a lot due to my hearing problem. Lol, it annoys the hell out of people.

cymru96123
08-29-2011, 12:43 PM
I say what a lot due to my hearing problem. Lol, it annoys the hell out of people.

What?

Sorry, I misread it :)

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 12:45 PM
What?

Sorry, I misread it :)

:) good one.

Y2J___Y2J
08-29-2011, 01:15 PM
It was funny as first.. but DAMN its gotten old as of late.

Robareid
08-29-2011, 01:36 PM
It was funny as first.. but DAMN its gotten old as of late.

Agreed

The wrestlers must get soooooooo annoyed. It is really annoying, as heel promos are often better than face and are ruined by them

Russo swerve
08-29-2011, 01:39 PM
What??????

johnnydropkicks
08-29-2011, 01:43 PM

LOL @ the double wide stuff.

yeah what sucks. it's good when it works but it messes with promos. and the whole thing is getting old.

and also your sig makes punk look like some pedo mr. rogers neighbourhood bob villa galen weston. it's freaky..

Big_Wheel_86
08-29-2011, 01:44 PM

As long as you keep it clean. And trailer park life isn't so bad; it's like camping all the time!

Leggo
08-29-2011, 01:49 PM
I think it can be annoying. But when you're in live attendance it's easy to get caught up in the excitement of it all... Hence why people do it.

Rokudo
08-29-2011, 01:51 PM
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/300W/i/2011/207/3/1/cm_punk___best_in_the_world_by_heavymetalgear-d41r3p0.png

Is that Tommy Dreamer?

As for the chant, it works sometimes, but when it's used during the entire promo, especially if the Miz is talking, it gets very annoying.

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 01:51 PM
As long as you keep it clean. And trailer park life isn't so bad; it's like camping all the time!

I know people who live in trailers and are very decent clean people. Some people shouldn't judge. :) My friends are cool, doesn't matter where they live. I hope the people who judge someone based on where they live take an unfortunate turn in life and have to resort to living in one. lol

el gabo
08-29-2011, 01:57 PM
I know people who live in trailers and are very decent clean people. Some people shouldn't judge. :) My friends are cool, doesn't matter where they live. I hope the people who judge someone based on where they live take an unfortunate turn in life and have to resort to living in one. lol

Or on the street, then maybe they might yearn for a nice cozy trailer.

thesubverse
08-29-2011, 02:05 PM
I think it can be annoying. But when you're in live attendance it's easy to get caught up in the excitement of it all... Hence why people do it.

This is the answer. It's fun to do when you're there. People only hate this chant when they're on the internet and are mad about everything anyway, and not when they're actually at an event.

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 02:06 PM

I chant for Cena at live events. I get caught up in the moment. lol. :D

Leggo
08-29-2011, 02:07 PM
This is the answer. It's fun to do when you're there. People only hate this chant when they're on the internet and are mad about everything anyway, and not when they're actually at an event.

I just think it's more noticeable when watching/listening to it on tv.

The_Awesome_One
08-29-2011, 02:21 PM
http://media.fakeposters.com/results/2009/07/24/h1av3u3btk.jpg

KingOrton
08-29-2011, 02:26 PM
I still enjoy them. At the right time (Insert R Truth) they are perfect and infact add to the promo.

johnnydropkicks
08-29-2011, 02:32 PM
http://media.fakeposters.com/results/2009/07/24/h1av3u3btk.jpg

LOL WTF hahaha

The_Awesome_One
08-29-2011, 02:38 PM
LOL WTF hahaha

it was a reference to the Miz and R Truth promo from last week

Reloval
08-29-2011, 02:40 PM
"What" Chants make me want to hit mute more then when a Eve is on on commentary or trying to cut a Promo.

maar13
08-29-2011, 02:44 PM

What???

"What" Chants make me want to hit mute more then when a Eve is on on commentary or trying to cut a Promo.

What???

lol.

Sorry couldn't help myself. :)

Yes it might get annoying at times but is damn classic. Besides it was funny when some wrestlers could really counter it. like the time when the Undertaker told the crowd " Please say What if you like to sleep with your own sister", then the crowd went like "Whaaaaaaa..........", That one was cool.

And the Miz in the recent weeks with the Ducks reference was nice too.

Chavo.G
08-29-2011, 02:51 PM

Totally agree. Comment of the thread.

Bodom
08-29-2011, 02:57 PM
"WHAT" is still the worst thing to ever happen to professional wrestling. I'd take a 20 year Cena title reign if it meant never having to hear that chant again.

Russo swerve
08-29-2011, 03:00 PM
What???????

Reloval
08-29-2011, 03:00 PM
"WHAT" is still the worst thing to ever happen to professional wrestling. I'd take a 20 year Cena title reign if it meant never having to hear that chant again.

I 100% agree with this

Rich Cranium
08-29-2011, 03:01 PM

Are you being facetious?

Bodom
08-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Are you being facetious?

Nope. This is one of the rare occasions where I'm serious :D

dmt4life
08-29-2011, 03:05 PM
I think people are failing to see the benefits of the "WHAT" chant and its significance it today's E, just step back and think about it for a minute, with all the Heels currently crowding the E rosters on Raw and Smackdown, you might notice the ones that are getting over on a consistent basis are the ones that take advantage of the crowd chanting "WHAT", R-Truth being the best example, the way he responds and freaks out over "what" is just priceless....'DONT WHAT ME' and his insanity stares at the crowd show his ability to take something and make it his, The Miz is another good example where he taunts the crowds with answers until finally going into his 'Really' chants. So I dont mind the 'WHAT' chant cause it has become the perfect vehicle for Heel's with better than average mic skills to put extra heat on themselves by taking the chant over and building a little extra of their character around it

IPEEINTHESHOWER
08-29-2011, 03:15 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong here but aren't you judging people that judge people? Not only that you're wishing ill will on them, I'd say that's even worse.

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here but aren't you judging people that judge people? Not only that you're wishing ill will on them, I'd say that's even worse.

Pull out the judging people who are judging people because you have nothing better to say. You got called out on being a douchebag and can't handle it. Don't dish out what you can't take in Scott.

I don't wish for anything bad to happen to you. I just hope that maybe you can find a place in your heart for the less fortunate who have to live in trailers. God would want you to.

68wPayne
08-29-2011, 03:24 PM
What's the big deal about living in trailers? A trailer is a perfectly normal place to live.

Tommy Thunder
08-29-2011, 03:25 PM
what???????

What?! DON'T WHAT ME!!

Rich Cranium
08-29-2011, 03:26 PM
What's the big deal about living in trailers? A trailer is a perfectly normal place to live.

Not sure how 'what' chants relate to trailers but I lived in one for 2 years as a kid and the only time it bothered me was when a Hurricane was approaching.

68wPayne
08-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Not sure how 'what' chants relate to trailers but I lived in one for 2 years as a kid and the only time it bothered me is when a Hurricane was approaching.

I think that IPITS referred to people saying what as living in trailers in a derrogatory manner and Danielle took up the cause for the less fortunate/rednecks that live in trailers. Not exactly sure but that is what it appears to be. Maybe it's just cause I live in Mississippi/Deep South but living in a trailer is no less different than living in a regular neighborhood except your home is a trailer, it's not a bad thing. Anyway back on topic I didn't like "What" for a long time, but R-Truth has made it funny again simply by him saying "Don't What Me"

pauadrian
08-29-2011, 03:31 PM
i´d like the what chants to invade cena

IPEEINTHESHOWER
08-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Actually I have a lot to say. I have no issue what so ever about people living in trailers. NONE. I don't really know any that do but I'm sure they are good people. Perhaps you were taking what I said to heart a little to much. Its a a well know fact the majority of non wrestling fans think we all live in trailer parks and have no education. Yes it is stereotyping, but there is a reason why it is a stereotype in most cases. Yelling "WHAT' every time someone is speaking is just f'n stupid. It adds nothing to the product. When Kurt Angle's music played and everyone yelled "YOU SUCK" that was making the product better because the crowd was in sync with the music. Yelling 'WHAT" when someone is cutting a promo is about as entertaining as this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rooPPLtK9pg&feature=related

I hope that meets your qualifications of me having something better to say.:p

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 03:33 PM
I think that IPITS referred to people saying what as living in trailers in a derrogatory manner and Danielle took up the cause for the less fortunate/rednecks that live in trailers. Not exactly sure but that is what it appears to be. Maybe it's just cause I live in Mississippi/Deep South but living in a trailer is no less different than living in a regular neighborhood except your home is a trailer, it's not a bad thing. Anyway back on topic I didn't like "What" for a long time, but R-Truth has made it funny again simply by him saying "Don't What Me"
It's just I have a friend who lives in a trailer and they are just happy to have a roof over their head.

Enforcer23
08-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Im not sure if this has been covered already, if so im sorry for the regurgitation.

Now i know it was entertaining back in the days of the legendary Stone Cold Steve Austin. But! Is it just me or is WHAT just a bit crap now?

Recently i went to a live show and the usual WHAT chant begun and it was simply annoying. It ruins wrestlers promos - especially when it effects a wrestler that i wanna listen to ,ie. The Miz, R-Truth, Ziggler, Barrett, Del Rio ect it disrupts their flow and is very irritating.

yeah i wish they would stop it too it really cracks into promos

Chavo.G
08-29-2011, 03:35 PM
In my humblest opinion I think the 'WHAT' chant is great. It spices up the promos. I remember in late '09, WWF weren't shining as they were now and crap the promos were pretty dull and shite because they weren't getting a reaction from the crowd. With this 'WHAT' reaction, it makes the promos a little more interesting.

Tommy Thunder
08-29-2011, 03:35 PM
It's just I have a friend who lives in a trailer and they are just happy to have a roof over their head.

^^^This^^^
There are less fortunate people that don't have anywhere to stay. Don't know about you guys, but I'd be very grateful if I was living in a trailer knowing that there are people out there that can't afford anything.

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Actually I have a lot to say. I have no issue what so ever about people living in trailers. NONE. I don't really know any that do but I'm sure they are good people. Perhaps you were taking what I said to heart a little to much. Its a a well know fact the majority of non wrestling fans think we all live in trailer parks and have no education. Yes it is stereotyping, but there is a reason why it is a stereotype in most cases. Yelling "WHAT' every time someone is speaking is just f'n stupid. It adds nothing to the product. When Kurt Angle's music played and everyone yelled "YOU SUCK" that was making the product better because the crowd was in sync with the music. Yelling 'WHAT" when someone is cutting a promo is about as entertaining as this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rooPPLtK9pg&feature=related

I hope that meets your qualifications of me having something better to say.:p

That video is actually very entertaining asshole.

Y2Jryder
08-29-2011, 03:41 PM
lol this thread is stupid.
Who cares of something or somebody says what

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 03:42 PM
lol this thread is stupid.
Who cares of something or somebody says what

What? :rolleyes:

K2Jelly
08-29-2011, 03:42 PM
In my humblest opinion I think the 'WHAT' chant is great. It spices up the promos. I remember in late '09, WWF weren't shining as they were now and crap the promos were pretty dull and shite because they weren't getting a reaction from the crowd. With this 'WHAT' reaction, it makes the promos a little more interesting.

More interesting? I would think that the effectiveness on the promo would rely on the person delivering it. That's just me, though.

Enforcer23
08-29-2011, 03:44 PM

yeah i saw that coming

68wPayne
08-29-2011, 03:45 PM
To be perfectly honest I would rather be living in a trailer right now because it gets harder and harder to make the house note each month and a trailer would be more affordable and I would be happier in a 4 bedroom double wide on more land than a 3 br on almost no land. Maybe that's just my style.

Y2Jryder
08-29-2011, 03:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9dg2EZeZf8

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 03:47 PM
I enjoy the WWE. I'd rather people what some of the wrestlers than have to hear them cut a promo. lol

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 03:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9dg2EZeZf8

That wasn't nice. I wasn't trying to be funny. I couldn't understand what you said.

Chavo.G
08-29-2011, 03:51 PM
More interesting? I would think that the effectiveness on the promo would rely on the person delivering it. That's just me, though.

Yes, the person delivering the promo plays a part aswell as the promo itself. But okay look think of it like this, when one watches wrestling, one kind of leave reality for a while and enter into the wrestling dimension for a bit. When one is in that dimension and watching say an average promo, they will also want to hear a crowd reaction than none at all. I think it is a good way to get the crowd involved and c'mon it's hilarious seeing the wrestlers get pissed.

Y2Jryder
08-29-2011, 03:51 PM
That wasn't nice. I wasn't trying to be funny. I couldn't understand what you said.Do I suppose to care junior?

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Am I suppose to care you sexy beast?

I guess not.

Y2Jryder
08-29-2011, 03:55 PM
I guess not.
omg how old are you?

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 03:56 PM
omg how old are you?

Old enough to not tell you.

Rich Cranium
08-29-2011, 03:56 PM
I would hate to deliver a promo with the what chants! Very distracting!

bcfccalum
08-29-2011, 03:57 PM
i also hate the what chants, but now im forced to ask when did they originate?

68wPayne
08-29-2011, 03:58 PM

Stone Cold started it

IPEEINTHESHOWER
08-29-2011, 03:59 PM

hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOeZtJuiLUU

Rich Cranium
08-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Why didn't the 'what' chant go away when Austin did?

Tommy Thunder
08-29-2011, 04:05 PM

..... What?

Chavo.G
08-29-2011, 04:05 PM

It comes and goes because I remember at times I would listen out for it and wonder when the hell it would return. It started again early '11, late '10 if I remember correctly.

Rich Cranium
08-29-2011, 04:06 PM
..... What?

Tommy! Can't you hear me typing?

KSTornado
08-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Another thread bitching about the fans. I'd laugh my ass of if all the sudden we started seeing signs in the audiences bitching about online fans because it doesn't matter what you think or what I think or what anyone else thinks. The audience has a good time and gets pretty loud when they do it so obviously it is a part of wrestling now so take your rooty-poo candy asses and shut the what up about it.

johnnydropkicks
08-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Another thread bitching about the fans. I'd laugh my ass of if all the sudden we started seeing signs in the audiences bitching about online fans because it doesn't matter what you think or what I think or what anyone else thinks. The audience has a good time and gets pretty loud when they do it so obviously it is a part of wrestling now so take your rooty-poo candy asses and shut the what up about it.

ain't it roodypoo and not rootypoo? rootypoo sounds frightening.

what's with all the anti-IWC sentiment lately? seems like every other day there's someone being an iwc basher. a thread about what isn't just bitching about the fans. for anybody watching what is annoying and pretty much everyone agrees what is getting old.

Chavo.G
08-29-2011, 05:08 PM

I agree, I agree.

Russo swerve
08-29-2011, 05:30 PM
What???????

maar13
08-29-2011, 05:31 PM

What?

Stone Cold...

What?

Stone Cold...

What?

Stone Cold is gonna whoop your ass and tha tis the Bottom line becasue Stone Cold Said So!!!!

Come on, tell me that at the time you didn't enjoy that crap? That was awesome when you were part of the crowd. Everytime he had a backstage segment or a promo it was funny as Hell.

Tommy Thunder
08-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Whaaaaaat?!

Danielle20SxE
08-29-2011, 05:38 PM
What the hell?

johnnydropkicks
08-29-2011, 05:38 PM
we're having technical difficulties in this thread!

frank must be off screaming at somebody somewhere

Russo swerve
08-29-2011, 05:43 PM

Frank must be off screaming at somebody somewhere

what????????

tshizzy34
08-29-2011, 07:11 PM
This is just going to make the what chants come out in stronger numbers imo. Not gonna die anytime soon!

Los Conquistador
08-29-2011, 07:13 PM
I would like to join in on this ridiculous nonsensical fun

Arse poo lemons Jesus tennisballs vince russo

THE HEARTBREAK KID
08-29-2011, 07:23 PM
yh im starting too get annoyed bye the what chants, it was good at first when austin started it.. but now thats the olny chant other then lets go cena/cena suck's you here ( on tv ) it kinda messes up alot of promos i feel , apart from r-truth who seems too thrive under it :)

one thing tho.. i do wonder why tna fans do it aswell ?. thats what i find weird,

IPEEINTHESHOWER
08-29-2011, 07:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsXUZnn9bY&feature=related

johnnydropkicks
08-29-2011, 07:46 PM
I would like to join in on this ridiculous nonsensical fun

Arse poo lemons Jesus tennisballs vince russo

your sig is hilarious

Mr. Daniel had a bit of a Swagger....

^ 10 points if you get it.

maar13
08-30-2011, 11:28 AM
yh im starting too get annoyed bye the what chants, it was good at first when austin started it.. but now thats the olny chant other then lets go cena/cena suck's you here ( on tv ) it kinda messes up alot of promos i feel , apart from r-truth who seems too thrive under it :)

one thing tho.. i do wonder why tna fans do it aswell ?. thats what i find weird,

Because the WHAT? chants apply for anything and are a global phenomenon.

WHAT?

A global phenomenon

WHAT?

A global phenomenon....get it? ;)

JerichaholicPunk
09-02-2011, 07:59 PM
what? sucks - simple.

johnnydropkicks
09-02-2011, 08:09 PM
ahh this thread. I shall explain my joke

I'm quite proud of this one

it's a play on a bit of doppleganger for Jack Swagger or perhaps Jack Swagger being a doppleganger himself of a one Mr. Britt Daniel, frontman of the band Spoon. They both are from Southern America, both have a similar haircut and somewhat similar features, they both lisp. Jack looks like him in the pic in his sig especially with the shirt he is wearing

and the second part is a reference to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. so it being that Mr. Daniel take the potion and morph into the larger uglier Jack Swagger.

pretty good eh?

yes I think so certainly!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/970/743/Jack-Swagger-jack-swagger-18486283-397-386_display_image.jpg?1306625336

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6873/brittdaniel456011111.jpg

I was lolin then and I'm lolin now

Reichwulf
09-02-2011, 08:20 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RSTK48CKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Lol seriously though i have to agree with you, it does ruin a lot of promos.

Straight-Edge
09-02-2011, 08:32 PM
I barely notice it anymore, unless someone in the ring draws attention to it. It's like one of those annoying things you've been living with for so long, you've just learnt to live with it, and block it out. It used to annoy me a lot more than it does now. Actually, in certain situations, I like it. Depends how the person in the ring reacts I think. Miz is good at dealing with it, as the original poster said.

"You sound like a bunch of ducks!"

They really do.